XAT Result 2018 will release online on January 31. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is set to be conducted on January 7. XLRI Jamshedpur, the conducting body of XAT, will declare the results at its official website i.e. xatonline.net.in. XAT Scores are valid for one year only. Check XAT Analysis, Answer Key, Question Paper and Cut off
- To access XAT scorecard, enter your Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text in the login window.
- The document contains a candidate’s overall as well as sectional percentile.
- XAT Cut off is also released along with the result. One must note that the cut off differs institute to institute.
- The overall cut off for BM is expected to be 96, 92.55 for HR and 22 & above for GMP.
- Candidates clearing the cut off can then proceed to further selection stages (Group Discussion, Personal Interview or Written Ability Test).
- The scores secured in XAT are considered for admission to both, part-time and full-time MBA programs in XLRI & other B-Schools.
Check XAT 2018 Score Vs Percentile
Highlights of XAT Result
|XAT Result 2018 Date||January 31, 2018|
|Result will be declared by||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|XAT Result will be declared at||www.xatonline.net.in|
|Result can be accessed using||Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text |
|Details on Score Card||Rank and Marks obtained|
|Courses Available||Business Management (BM), Human Resources (HR) and General Management Program (GMP)|
|Validity of XAT Result||1 year|
XAT 2018 Result Date
For all the candidates awaiting XAT Result, here are all important dates for your reference:
|XAT 2018 Exam Date||January 7, 2018|
|Release of XAT Official Answer Key||January 19, 2018|
|Declaration of XAT Result 2018||January 31, 2018|
How to Check XAT Result 2018?
It must be noted that XAT Result will be declared online. However, the scorecards will be sent by post. Candidates who appeared in the exam can check XAT Results from January31, 2018 onwards. Here’s is how you can check your result:
- Visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.net.in.
- Look up for the link “XAT 2018- Score Card” on the top of the page.
- Log-in using your Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text, provided at the time of application.
- Click on the link “Download XAT Score Card”.
- Download the scorecardd which is available in PDF format.
Note: XAT 2018 result and scorecard will be available for download for as long as the admission process continues. Candidates can download it anytime between this duration.
How is XAT Result Calculated?
- In XAT, each question carries 1 mark. For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- A maximum of 12 questions can be left unanswered. Post that, there is negative marking of 0.05 marks.
- The scores of Paper 1 and Paper 2 are calculated differently and will also be mentioned under separate sections in the XAT scorecards.
- The percentage or percentile of GK will be calculated separately and not included in total percentage or percentile.
XAT Score vs Percentile
Here are the marks vs percentile analysis for XAT 2018. OA stands for Overall Aggregate.
- 51.26 OA → 99.751 percentile
- 47.12 OA → 99.278 percentile
- 45.64 OA → 98.896 percentile
- 42.82 OA → 97.891 percentile
- 40.83 OA → 96.842 percentile
XAT Score Card 2018
XAT scorecard is an important document that must be safely preserved. It contains the marks obtained by a candidate in various section of XAT 2018. Based on the marks scored, candidates will be shortlisted for further selection rounds. It must be noted that the original XAT Score Card will be sent via post at the registered address of the candidate.
Following are the details that are mentioned on XAT scorecard:
- Name of the candidate
- Exam Date
- XAT ID
- Date of release of XAT result
- Percentages and Percentiles scored in different sections of XAT 2018
Note:XAT has three main sections viz. Quantitative Ability, Verbal and Logical Ability and Decision Making. There is also a fourth section corresponding to General Knowledge. However, marks in GK are not considered while preparing the merit list.
What after XAT Result 2018?
- A GD/PI list of shortlisted candidates is released. All the shortlisted candidates are then required to update the city to appear for the interview and also submit certain documents.
- They have to book their interview slots and upload self-profile assessment and video.
- The interviews at XLRI are scheduled in February and March 2018.
- Each college declare its separate XAT Cut off. The selection rounds vary too.
- All qualifying candidates can seek admission in any one of the 150 premium B-schools throughout the country. These include 11 member institutes of XAMI, listed below:
- XLRI Jamshedpur
- XISS Ranchi
- XIM Jabalpur
- XIM&R Mumbai
- XIM&E Bangalore
- XIM Bhubaneshwar
- St. Aloysius Institute
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration
- SFIMR Mumbai
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management Bangalore
- LIBA Chennai
Read Top 20 Dream MBA Colleges under XAT 2018
Expected XAT Cut Off 2018
- The cutoff for XAT varies for different programs for different institutes.
- Apart from XLRI, the other participating Institutes of XAT do not declare XAT cutoffs officially.
- All candidates who clear XAT and score the minimum required cut off will proceed to further rounds of selection.
- Candidates must clear the sectional as well as overall cut off to be considered pass.
- The selection criteria to shortlist candidates can include GD, PI and Essay Writing. These too vary institute-wise.
The below table describes the percentile required for different programs of XLRI:
|Program(s) Offered||Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Decision Making||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Overall|
|Human Resource Management||76.69||71.628||70.07||92.55|
|Global Management Programme||5 and above||5 and above||6 and above||22 and above|
Check Expected XAT Cut off
How to Apply for Institutes Accepting XAT Score?
Candidates who have appeared for XAT can apply for the institutes accepting XAT score. Steps to apply for admission to MBA/PGDM degree of the member institutes of XAMI are mentioned below:
- Register for XAT 2018 by visiting the official website.
- Obtain complete details about the admission process from the official website of the institute or their administrative office.
- Follow the specified registration or application procedure.
XAT Colleges will be offering admission into their post graduate management programs to those candidates who have cleared the XAT cutoff and the GDPI rounds successfully and whose names are present in the final shortlist published on the website.
Result for shortlisted candidates for further rounds of GD/PI
- After XAT 2018, based on the cut-offs, the list of the shortlisted candidates for the next round of GDPI will be prepared.
- A very important point to be noted is that each institution independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs.
- XLRI does not play any sort of role in the selection of the applicants in these institutes.
- Candidates shortlisted for GD/PIwill also be intimated individually by the organising authority.
We hope all the deserving candidates secure a seat in their preferred college. Clearing XAT becomes easier if you prepare all the sections well. Gear up for the exam on January 7. Good luck!