WBUT PGET 2018 Application Form
WBUT PGET 2018 Application Form will be available in the month of June 2018. An applicant has to register online on the official website.
- West Bengal University of Technology Post-Graduate Entrance Test (WBUT PGET 2018) is held for admission to postgraduate courses for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Applicants who qualified in the GATE 2018 can also apply for the exam.
- There is an application fee of INR 600 to apply for WBUT PGET 2018. Fee for reserved candidates is INR 300.
- WBUT PGET Application process involves 4 steps:
- Online filling of the WBUT PGET 2018 Application form
- Uploading of Images
- Payment of Application Fees
- Submission of Application Form
It is a state level PG entrance test for students residing in the state of West Bengal. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly West Begnal University of Technology) regulates the conduct of WBUT PGET once in every year.
WBUT PGET 2018 Registration Dates
The online application process for WBUT PGET 2018 commences from June, 2018. WBUT PGET 2018 Admit Card will be available for download from July, 2018. The registration dates for WBUT PGET 2018 is given below: -
|Commencement of Application Process||2nd week of June 2018|
|Last date of filling the online form||4th week of June 2018|
|Last date of receipt of Hard Copy of duly filled application form at University office||1st week of July 2018|
|Download of Admit card||1st week of July 2018|
|Date of Examination||2nd week of July 2018|
WBUT PGET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must have passed relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture.
- Candidates possessing M.Sc degree, in appropriate branches may also apply.
- The final mark sheet of the candidate has to be submitted by August 30, 2018.
- Distance education programme degree will not be accepted.
M.Tech in Bioinformatics Eligibility:
B.E./B.Tech. (Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering), M.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biosciences) and B.Pharma students should have at least 60% marks in any two; Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics during their Higher Secondary (10+2 level) examination, 50% in B.Sc (in Honours) and 55% in M.Sc (at Part-1). Candidates with B. Tech should have 7.25 CGPA (65%).
M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering, Software Engineering, Microelectronics & VLSI Technology and Information Technology Eligibility:
A candidate has obtained Bachelor's degree in Engineering in CSE, ECE, ECTE, IT, EI, EE or M.Sc. in CS/IT/Electronics/Physics or equivalent with minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 6.75 of a 7-point grading system on a basis of 10.0 in the qualification.
How to Fill WBUT PGET 2018 Application Form?
The applicants will be able to access the online application form of WBUT PGET 2018 from June 2018. The steps to fill the application form of WBUT PGET 2017 are given below.
Step-1 WBUT PGET Online Application Form Filling
- WBUT PGET application form 2018 will be available on the official website of the university ‘www.wbut.ac.in’.
- Applicants have to click on the button ‘WBUT PGET 2018 Apply online’.
- Candidates need to fill all the details carefully i.e. name of applicant, address of applicant, email ID of applicant, phone number of applicant and the details of the educational qualification.
- Exam Centres: Candidates will have to enter two preferred exam centres.
- Physically Handicapped – if applicable.
- They have to select the course for which they have to apply.
- They have to enter Qualification details of 10th, 12th and relevant degree.
- GATE 2018: The registration number and secured score in GATE has to be provided.
- DD Details: The demand draft number, date, name of the bank and more has to be submitted. The application number and name of the candidate has to be written on the reverse side of the demand draft.
- Besides, candidates will be required to attach the scanned copy of photos and signature in the application form.
- There will be an application fee which they will be required to pay at the time of the submission of the application form.
Step 2 – Uploading of Images
In the next step, the applicants will have to upload their photograph and signature. They will not be able to move forward in the application process without uploading and submitting the required images.
Guidelines for Scanning the Photograph, Signature
- Photograph must be a recent passport size coloured photograph preferably with white background.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Size of file should be between 20 KB – 50 KB.
Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50 KB. If the size of the file is more than 50 KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- Candidate has to sign on white paper with BLUE / BLACK Ink Pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the candidate and not by any other person.
- Candidates must ensure that the signatures are identical throughout the Recruitment process at all stages and/or places.
- If any difference is found between the signatures, the applicant is responsible to cancel the application form.
- He or she is advised to confirm his/her uploaded signature is clearly visible/identifiable at the appropriate place.
- Size of file should be between 10 KB – 30 KB.
Step 3- Application Fee Payment
- Candidates of the general category will have to pay the application fee of Rs. 600.
- Those, who belong to the served category, will have to pay the application fee of Rs. 300.
- Applicants can pay the application fee through the online mode which is credit card, debit card or net banking.
- They can pay the application fee through the demand draft which will be drawn in favour of WBUT-PGET payable at Kolkata.
Step 4 – Print Out and Submission of WBUT PGET Application Form 2018
- After the submission of the WBUT PGET 2018 application form, the applicants will have to take print out of two copies of the filled application form.
- One of the print outs has to be kept by the applicant and the other has to be submitted to complete the application process.
- The print out has to be signed by the applicants and attached to the demand draft as well as the above mentioned self-attested documents. Submission has to be done by speed post to this address:
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal
BF-142 Salt Lake City,
Sector-1, Kolkata, WB – 700064.
There is no correction option in the application form. Students are requested to fill the application form carefully.
Details in WBUT PGET Application Form 2018
The important details that candidates have to fill in the WBUT PGET 2018 Application Form are given below in the table: -
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Choice of Exam Centre||Choose Exam Centre from the drop-down list|
|Category||Choose your category from the drop-down list
|PWD Candidate||Choose from the drop-down list:
|Academic Details||Enter your qualification in the order of latest to oldest
- Relevant Degree
- 12th Diploma
|GATE/GPAT Qualified||Choose from the drop-down list:
|Sponsored Candidate||Choose from the drop-down list:
|Correspondence Details||Fill these communication details: Name, Father's Name, D.O.B., Gender, State, Mobile No.|