WBJEE 2018 Exam Date, Application Form and Syllabus
WBJEE is the state level test for admission to the B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharma in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in West Bengal. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB), the conducting authority, has released the notification on WBJEE 2018 on November 20, 2017. The exam is scheduled for April 22, 2018 in offline mode. Check WBJEE Exam Dates 2018
- WBJEE Application Form will be available from December 19, 2017 at www.wbjeeb.in.
- Candidates from any state of India are eligible to appear.
- The exam will take place in two sessions. Paper 1 (Mathematics) will be held in Morning while Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry) in evening.
- WBJEE Admit Card will be available to download from April 10 onwards.
- Final allotment of seats in the participating institutes will be done on the basis of WBJEE Cut off.
- A total of 34125 seats will be offered for admission in participating institutes through WBJEE.
WBJEE 2018 Quick Links
WBJEE 2018 Exam Highlights
|Name of Examination||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB)|
|Date of Examination||April 22, 2018|
|Mode and Type of Exam||Offline | State Level Undergraduate Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture|
|No. of Seats Available||34125|
WBJEE 2018 Exam Date
WBJEEB has released the schedule for WBJEE 2018. The other important dates are mentioned below:
|WBJEE 2018 Official Notification||November 20, 2017||The notification is released online at wbjeeb.in|
|Availability of WBJEE 2018 Application Form||December 19, 2017||Last date for Registration is January 19, 2018|
|Details about WBJEE 2018 Form Correction||January 26 – 28, 2018|
|WBJEE Admit card will be available from||April 10, 2018||Download Admit Card from wbjeeb.nic.in|
|WBJEE 2018 Exam date||April 22, 2018||WBJEE 2018 is conducted in offline mode|
|Declaration of WBJEE 2018 Result||June 5, 2018||The result will be published in the form of Rank Card|
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2018
WBJEE is a state level entrance examination but candidates from any states are eligible to appear for the exam. The domicile certificate will be applicable only for admission in government participating institutes and to claim reservation.
The minimum percentage of marks required to appear for the exam is 45% in class 12. Some participating institutes have their specific special eligibility criteria for admission in the courses offered by them.
The lower age limit is 17 years as on December 31, 2018. There is no upper age limit to apply for WBJEE 2018. But for admission in Marine Engineering Course, the upper age limit is 25 years.
Check Here Detailed WBJEE Eligibility Criteria
WBJEE Application Form
The online application form will be available from December 19, 2017 at www.wbjeeb.nic.in. The steps to apply for WBJEE 2018 are:
- Fill WBJEE Application Form
- Upload the Images
- Pay the Fees
WBJEE Application Form can be completed till Janaury 19, 2018 while the last date for downloading the confirmation page is January 24. The application fee is INR 500 which can be paid either by Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/Paytm or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan. WBJEEB also provides WBJEE Form Correction facility to make changes in January. Check Here WBJEE Form Correction
WBJEE Admit Card & Exam Center
Successfully registered candidates can access their admit cards from wbjeeb.nic.in. after April 10, 2018. Admit card carries candidate’s name, location of exam center, photograph & signature and other information related to the exam. Verify the information present on the admit card and report to the concerned authority in case of any discrepancy.
In order to generate a duplicate admit card, a processing fee of INR 500 is charged.
Allocation ofWBJEE exam center will be based on the preference provided by the candidate at the time of registration. The exam will be conducted in 23 districts of West Bengal and in Silchar (Assam) and Agartala (Tripura). Once the application form is submitted, no change in exam center is possible.
Following documents have to be carried to the exam center along with WBJEE Admit Card:
- A copy of colour photograph as was uploaded during online application.
- Any photo identity card in original such as Aadhaar card/Pan card/Passport/voter card/ class 10th standard admit card/School – ID card.
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2018
There will be 2 papers in WBJEE- Paper 1 (Mathematics) and Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry). The questions will be based on WBJEE Syllabus in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) pattern with 4 options against each question. As per WBJEE exam pattern, there are 3 categories of questions in each subject.
|Subject||Category 1 (1 mark each)||Category 2 (2 marks each)||Category 3 (2 marks each)||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics||30 Questions||5 Questions||5 Questions||40||50|
|Chemistry||30 Questions||5 Questions||5 Questions||40||50|
|Mathematics||50 Questions||15 Questions||10 Questions||75||100|
- Mark the answers using only blue or black ball point pen in OMR sheet.
- ¼ of the marks allotted to a question will be deducted as penalty for marking the wrong answer.
- No negative marking on category 3.
WBJEE Syllabus 2018
MCQs in WBJEE will be purely based on WBJEE Syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics which is similar to class 12 syllabus. The subject wise important topics of WBJEE Syllabus is mentioned below:
|Algebra||Co-ordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions|
|Trigonometry||Co-ordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions and Calculus|
|Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions||Kinematics|
|Atomic Physics||Laws of motion|
|Nuclear Physics||Work, power, energy|
|Solid state Electronics||Kinetic theory of gases|
|Optics (II) Wave Optics||Oscillations & Waves|
|Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction||Electrostatics|
|Bulk properties of matter||Magnetic effect of current|
|Heat & Thermal Physics||Electromagnetic induction & alternating current|
|Optics I (Ray optics)||Particle nature of light & wave particle dualism|
|Atoms, Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic||Coordination Compounds|
|Atomic Structure||Chemistry of Metals|
|Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry||Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics|
|The Periodic Table and Chemical Families||Physical Chemistry of Solutions|
|Environmental Chemistry||Chemistry in Industry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||-|
WBJEE Result 2018
The result will be declared on June 5, 2018 at wbjeeb.nic.in in the form of rank card. It will hold GMR and PMR ranks, total scores and component scores of both papers. Login with application number and password to check the result.
WBJEE Answer Key
The model answer keys will be published after the exams. Any candidate can challenge any model answer by paying an amount of INR 500 per question. The board will review the challenges, publish the final answers and freeze the answer key. The OMR sheet and answer key can be preserved as these will not be available online after the publication of result.
A notification on counselling/seat-allotment will be released after the results. Candidates with valid ranks can only participate in seat allotment process.
WBJEE Cut off 2018
Candidates appearing in both the papers of WBJEE 2018 will secure both GMR and PMR if they obtain marks equal and above the WBJEE cut off, as decided by the board. While candidates appearing only in Paper 2, will be allotted a PMR rank.
- WBJEE cut off varies according to the college and the course.
- Each participating college of WBJEE will release separate cut off lists for different courses.
The following table mentions the expected opening and closing ranks of WBJEE admission process:
|College Name||Opening rank||Closing rank|
|Bengal Engineering and Technology||832||43037|
|Institute of Engineering and Management||21||3596|
|Kalyani government engineering college||370||2528|
|Heritage Institute of technology||574||11495|
|Haldia Institute of Technology||481||31721|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering college||669||4106|
|RCC Institute of Engineering and Technology||2166||101554|
|Netaji Subhash Engineering college||2082||11987|
WBJEE Counselling 2018
- After publication of WBJEE result 2018, candidates who clear WBJEE Cut off must look out for the notification of WBJEE Counselling 2018 at its official site.
- The counselling is expected to be held in the last week of June 2018.
- An additional counselling fee is to be paid to participate in WBJEE Counselling 2018.
- WBJEEB will provide institute-wise and course-wise seats that are available.
- Candidates can choose their choice of college from this list.
- WBJEE Counselling 2018 will be held in 3 rounds.
- To participate in the same, candidates have to report at the reporting center for document verification.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of the merit list & preference.
WBJEE Reservation of Seats
- WBJEEB has a provision of reserving certain number of seats in the participating colleges of WBJEE.
- These seats are reserved on the basis of a candidate’s category.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B / PwD and who are a domicile of West Bengal will be eligible for the reserved seats.
- The reservation rules applicable in various WBJEE Participating Colleges are given below:
|Nature of Institute||Reservation Rules|
Concerned University Act/ Rules
Reservation Rules of Government of West Bengal
As notified by concerned Institution Authority
WBJEE Participating Institutes 2018
- There are a number of institutes that accept WBJEE score.
- At the time of WBJEE Counselling 2018, candidates will be allotted one of these colleges.
- Seat allotment will be based on the student's performance in WBJEE 2018.
- For the academic year 2018-19, there are approximately 104 WBJEE 2018 Participating Institutes that offer admission to eligible students.
These institutes are divided into :
- Government Colleges
- Private Colleges (Self-financed)
- Private Universities (Self-financed)
- Minority Institutes
- University/University Department
WBJEE 2018 Seat Intake for Engineering
The seats offered to candidates applying for various streams under the Engineering program are mentioned below:
|Agriculture Engineering||21||Power Engineering/ Power Plant Engg||104|
|Apparel Production and Management||36||Food Technology||233|
|Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||1371||Food Engg. & Technology/ Food Technology||36|
|Architecture/ Architectural Engineering||21||Instrumentation and Control Engineering||184|
|Automobile Engineering||11||Polymer Science and Technology||16|
|B. Arch (General)||36||Jute and Fibre Technology||64|
|Biomedical Engineering||92||Leather Technology||33|
|Biotechnology||329||Marine Engineering/ Marine Technology||60|
|Ceramic Technology||42||Mechanical Engineering||5186|
|Chemical Engineering||390||Metallurgical Engineering||36|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||63||Optics and Optoelectronics||8|
|Civil Engineering||4993||Pharmaceutical Technology/ Pharmacy||1086|
|Construction Engineering||42||Printing Technology/ Printing Engineering||32|
|Dairy Technology||32||Production Engineering||104|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||884||Textile Technology||82|
|Electrical Engineering||5414||Information Technology||3164|
|Electronics and Communication Engg./Electronics and Telecommunication Engg.||6254||Instrumentation Engg./ Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering||176|
|Computer Science and Engg./ Computer Science and Technology||6176||--||-|
WBJEE 2018 FAQs
Ques. What documents are required while filling WBJEE 2018 Application Form? Is it mandatory to upload them?
Ans. Only the scanned images of photograph and signature have to be uploaded. Without them, the application form will not be accepted.
Ques. What is the upper age limit to register for WBJEE 2018?
Ans. There is no upper age limit defined by WBJEEB for appearing in the exam. But, for admission in Marine Engineering course, a candidate must not be below 25 years of age.
Ques. Can I submit my application form offline?
Ans. No, the process of applying for WBJEE 2018 is completely online. But keep the copy of Acknowledgement Form for the future correspondence.
Ques. I have lost my WBJEE Admit Card. How can I participate in on-line counseling?
Ans. A candidate has to produce original admit card at the time of counselling. Duplicate admit card can be collected by contacting WBJEEB and paying a processing fee of INR 500.
Ques. In case of any questions, who should I contact?
Ans. In case of any query/question, candidates can contact the authority:
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700 091.
Phone: (033) 2367 1159/ 1198
Toll free help desk: 1800-1023-781