Veltech Technical University conducts a national level Scholarship Eligibility Test - Veltech Technical University Engineering Entrance Exam (VTUEEE) for admissions to various undergraduate engineering courses offered by the University. VTUEEE 2018 will be held in two phases. Phase I exam of VTUEEE 2018 will be held in January 2018, while the Phase II exam of VTUEEE will be conducted in April 2018.
Candidates can note the following details pertaining to VTUEEE 2018:
- VTUEEE 2018 will be held in two phases.
- Phase I of the exam will be conducted in offline mode and Phase II will be conducted in both offline and online mode.
- The exam will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- VTUEEE 2018 will be held across various cities in 21 states of the country. Candidates can choose their preferred city while filling out the application form.
- VTUEEE 2018 will results will determine the list of candidates who will be called for VTUEEE 2018 Counselling and subsequently be given admission to Veltech Technical University.
Candidates can opt for the following engineering courses for admission to Veltech Technical University through VTUEEE:
School of Mechanical and Construction Engineering (SOMC)
- B.Tech - Civil Engineering
- B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech - Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech - Aeronautical Engineering
School of Electrical and Computing (SOEC)
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engg (Animation & Game Design)
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engg (Data Analytics)
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engg (Financial Computing)
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engg (Networking & Cyber Security)
- B.Tech – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech – Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Energy Engineering)
- B.Tech – Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech – Electronics and Communication Engineering (Embedded systems)
- B.Tech – Electronics and Communication Engineering (Smart Systems)
- B.Tech – Information Technology
- B.Tech – Information Technology (Cloud Computing)
|Exam||VTUEEE (Veltech Technical University Engineering Entrance Exam)|
|VTUEEE 2018 Conducting Body||Veltech Technical University|
|Mode of VTUEEE 2018 Application||Online|
|Mode of VTUEEE 2018 Exam||Online and Offline|
|Medium of VTUEEE 2018 Exam||English|
|Duration of VTUEEE 2018 Exam||2 hours and 30 minutes|
VTUEEE 2018 Important Dates
Candidates who want to appear for VTUEEE 2018 exam should keep tap on these important dates related to the release of the notification, last date of application, expected date of announcement of results etc in mind. Candidates must keep a track of the following important dates that are applicable to VTUEEE 2018:
|Event related to VTUEEE 2018||Date|
|VTUEEE Online Applications for Phase I will be available from||1st week of October, 2017|
|Last date to submit the VTUEEE Applications for Phase I||3rd week of January, 2018|
|VTUEEE 2018 Phase I exam||Last week of January, 2018|
|VTUEEE 2018 Phase I results||2nd week of February, 2018|
|VTUEEE Online Applications for Phase II will be available from||1st week of October, 2017|
|Last date to submit the VTUEEE Applications for Phase II||1st week of April, 2018|
|VTUEEE 2018 Phase II exam (PBT)||2nd week of April, 2018|
|VTUEEE 2018 Phase II exam (CBT)||3rd week of April, 2018|
|VTUEEE 2018 Phase II results||1st week of May, 2018|
Candidates must note that the dates mentioned above are tentative and are subjected to change at the discretion of the exam conducting body, Veltech Technical University. Candidates are advised to visit the official website of the university on a regular basis to keep a track of the dates and keep themselves updated with the exam process and dates.
VTUEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Veltech Technical University lays down certain guidelines for candidates aspiring to get admission to the university through VTUEEE 2018. The eligibility criteria as notified by Veltech Technical University is as follows:
Qualifying Examination - In addition to the standard Government norms, candidates looking for admission to any of the above mentioned B.Tech degree Programme at VTU will have to either complete or be appearing for before the admission process is over, for any one of the following 10+2 level exams:
- 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by any State Board
- 10+2 exam conducted by the Central Board of higher Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi)
- 10+2 exam conducted by The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISC, New Delhi)
- National Institute of Open School
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board or University
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or equivalent
Other Eligibility Criteria that candidates need to note for VTUEEE 2018 are as follows:
Candidates should be pass in +2 (or its equivalent) in any of the exams mentioned above or they should be appearing for the exam and clearing it before the VTUEEE 2018 admission process is over.
Candidates appearing for 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in April or May 2018 can appear for VTUEEE 2018.
VTUEEE 2018 Application Form
Candidates applying for VTUEEE can fill up the form both online and offline. The procedure for both the methods are given below:
For Online Mode:
- Candidates will have to visit the official VTUEEE 2018 website - www.veltechuniv.edu.in
- They will then have to go to the link for ‘Admissions - 2018’ and create a login ID and password for themselves.
- Candidates will then have to enter all required data and information asked for. They will have to fill in details like their name, date of birth, address of correspondence, contact details, family details, educational details.
- Candidates will then have to upload a scanned copy of a recently clicked, colored passport size photograph of themselves in .jpg/ .jpeg/ .png format and a scanned image of their signature.
- The final step is to pay the application fee. The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card or net Banking facility.
Candidates can also download the official VTUEEE app from the Google Play Store and apply using their PayTM Wallet.
Candidates must note that will have to enter a valid mobile number and e-mail ID. All the correspondence will be sent by SMS from LMVELTEC. The admit card will be sent to the candidate by e-mail only.
For Offline Mode:
Candidates can apply for VTUEEE 2018 by sending a demand draft for ₹ 950 - drawn in favour of “VelTech Dr.RR & Dr.SR Technical University”, payable at Chennai, to The Director- UG Admission with a request letter containing the full address of the applicant.
Director, UG Admission
Vel Tech Dr.RR & Dr.SR Technical University
#42 Avadi-Vel Tech Road,
Avadi, Chennai-600 062,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: 044-26841601,044-26840896/ 249
Toll Free Number: 180030706949
VTUEEE 2018 Admit Card
VTUEEE 2018 admit card can be downloaded by the candidate after he / she has completed the VTUEEE 2018 registration and application process successfully. The admit card will be sent to the candidate via email to the email id he/ she has registered with. Candidates can also download the admit card later. The steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Candidates will have to visit the official link for downloading the admit card www.veltechuniv.edu.in
- They have to then enter their VTUEEE 2018 application number and password
- A new webpage will open where the candidate will have to click on the link to download VTUEEE 2018 Admit Card
Candidates are required to download and take few printouts of the Admit Card for future reference.
Candidates are advised to keep a valid photo ID proof along with them on the day of the exam for verification purpose. Some of the valid Id proofs that candidates can carry are:
- Driving license
- Pan card
- College ID
- Election/ Voter ID card
Candidates are advised to take multiple copies of their VTUEEE 2018 admit card and keep them safely. They will have to carry the admit card with them at every stage of the admission process. Candidates must keep in mind that only the candidate can use his / her admit card. It is a legally punishable offence to impersonate and use someone else’s admit card.
VTUEEE 2018 Exam Centers
The following table lists down all the test centers along with their codes from across India:
|Test Centers State||Test Centers||Code|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||2|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Srinagar||78|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Silvassa||85|
|Daman & Diu||Daman||86|
VTUEEE 2018 Exam Pattern
VTUEEE 2018 will be both pen based test (PBT) and computer based test (CBT). While Phase I will be completely pen based, phase II will be both pen based and computer based.
VTUEEE 2018 will be based on Bloom’s Taxonomy Pattern. The test aims to examine a candidate's subject knowledge ability, comprehension ability and critical analysis ability. The questions are one tier and two tier multiple choice types.
- VTUEEE 2018 will consist of 3 sections - Mathematics or Biology, Physics and Chemistry. The Mathematics and Biology section will contain 50 questions and the Physics and Chemistry sections will contain 25 questions each.
- All questions will be multiple choice questions.
- There will be two tier mcqs to increase the validity of the candidate’s answers.
- Each question will carry one mark.
- There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The duration of the test will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
|Sections in VTUEEE 2018 exam||Number of Questions|
|Mathematics or Biology||50|
VTUEEE 2018 Syllabus
Candidates will be asked questions on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology from their +2 level syllabus. A list of the important topics that candidates can follow is given below:
Syllabus for Physics
- Atomic Physics
- Electronic Devices
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Nuclear Physics
- Properties of Matter
- Laser and Optic Fiber
Syllabus for Chemistry
- Bio molecules
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogen
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- S-Block, P-Block, D-Block, F-Block elements
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics
Syllabus for Mathematics
- Binomial theorem for a positive Integral Index
- Complex Numbers
- Limit, continuity and differentiability
- Matrices and Determinants
- Ordinary differential equations
- Partial Fractions
- Permutations and Combinations
- Quadratic Equations
- Set theory & probability
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Two dimensional coordinate geometry
- Vector Algebra
Syllabus for Biology
- Ecology and Environment
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Sexual Reproduction
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Genetics and Evolution
VTUEEE 2018 Result
VTUEEE 2018 Results will be released by the Veltech Technical University on their official website. The steps for checking the VTUEEE 2018 result are mentioned below:
- Candidates will have to visit the official website of VTUEEE 2018.
- Candidates will then have to enter their Application Number.
- Candidates can then download and view the VTUEEE 2018 Scorecard.
VTUEEE 2018 Scorecard will contain the candidates sectional and total marks obtained in the exam. All the candidates who will successfully get the VTUEEE 2018 Cutoff will be called to participate in the VTUEEE 2018 Counselling and Selection Process.
VTUEEE 2018 Counselling
VTUEEE 2018 counselling will be held after the declaration of results. Candidates will be called for counselling based on their individual result as on the Merit List prepared by the University. Students appearing for VTUEEE 2018 Counselling will be eligible for the admission procedure.
Candidates must note that the following documents will be required at the time of admission:
- Marks statement(s) of qualifying examination (XII Standard or recognized as equivalent and of all attempts)
- Marks statement(s) of X Standard of all attempts
- Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate
- Community Certificate (For all categories except General)
- Xerox copy of Adhaar Card / Ration Card
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura)
- Six copies of recent Passport size (3.5 x 4.5 cm) colour photos of the candidate with white background dressed in formal wear with name and date printed
- Undertaking for good conduct and behaviour in the prescribed form (will be issued at the time of admission)
- Anti Ragging Joint Undertaking by parent/guardian and the student
- Undertaking for Industrial Visits
- Two Sets of photocopies of all original documents.
- Four copies of Passport size (3.5 x 4.5 cm) Photographs of Parent / Guardian
- Any other declaration or undertaking that may be required at the time of counselling / admission