VSAT (Vignan Scholastic Aptitude Test) will be conducted by Vignan’s University in the state of Andhra Pradesh for admission to the B.Tech course. The B.Tech course is offered by the university at its Vadlamudi, Guntur Campus.
- All students clearing the JEE Main and EAMCET will also get admission into B.Tech course offered by the university.
- VSAT is a university level test, the exam of which is conducted once a year, usually in the month of April.
- VSAT 2018 Application Form will be available from the month of November 2017.
- The application fee for applying is INR 1000
- All interested candidates must prepare themselves well in VSAT exam, which is conducted in online mode only.
- The question paper is of 120 marks comprising sections on objective type multiple choice questions on Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Maths, and English/Aptitude.
- The syllabus is of class 11 and 12. For each correct answer question, 1 mark is given and there is no negative marking in VSAT 2018.
- For BTech course, the candidates have to attempt the questions on Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English/Aptitude.
- For B.Tech Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering/ Bioinformatics/Food Technology courses, students have to attempt Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English/Aptitude section.
VSAT 2018 Highlights Table
The following table gives an idea on VSAT 2018 to be held in the month of April. Website and the exam pattern is summarized in the table below:
|Date of VSAT 2018||April 2018|
|Conducting Body||Vignan’s University|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions, 120|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech/Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering/ Bioinformatics/Food Technology|
VSAT 2018 Dates
VSAT 2018 is scheduled to be held in the month of April. The application forms will be available from November 2017.
|Issue of Application Forms||November 2017|
|Last Date of Filling Application Forms||Second Week April 2018|
|Date of Issue of Admit Card||Third Week April 2018|
|Date of VSAT||Fourth Week April 2018|
|Result Declaration||May First Week 2018|
|Counselling||May Second Week 2018|
VSAT 2018 Eligibility
Please read the eligibility conditions carefully before applying for VSAT 2018:
- Age Limit: All interested candidates should be born on or after 1 July 1997 to apply for VSAT 2018.
- Educational Qualifications: Candidate must pass class 10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized board. And they should score atleast 60% marks in aggregate. Candidates appearing in class 12 exam can also apply.
VSAT 2018 Application Form
From November 2017, VSAT 2018 Application Form will be available. The last date of submission of forms will be the second week of April 2018. Both online and offline modes are available for filling up forms.
The various offline modes of purchasing VSAT 2018 Application Forms are given below:
- Candidates can get the application forms by post from the university office. For this, they have to first send a demand draft with the required amount for the application fee.
- Application forms are also available at Vignan’s Schools or Colleges at Guntur, Rajahmundry, Eluru, Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam.
- You can also collect the application forms from Vignan’s offices at Vijayawada, Guntur and Hyderabad
- For the convenience of the students, VSAT application forms are also available in Indian Bank branches in the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- Application forms taken in an offline mode should be duly filled with all the necessary details and should be sent to the university along with the demand draft.
- The address is Dean-Admissions, Vignan’s University, Vadlamudi, Guntur-522 213 (A.P)
The other option is to download the application form from the University’s website.
- Visit the site www.vignanuniversity.org
- Click on “VSAT Application Forms 2018”
- Download it.
- Fill the application form with all the necessary details.
- Pay the fee through DD.
- Submit the duly-filled application form along with the DD at Dean-Admissions, Vignan’s University, Vadlamudi, Guntur-522 213.
The application fee is INR 1000. Candidates can submit the fee through Demand Draft, made in in favor of the “Vignan University” payable at Guntur. Candidates should write their name and address on the backside of the DD.
VSAT 2018 Admit Card
All applicants of VSAT 2018 can download the admit card from the website. Admit cards will be available by second week of April 2018. Candidates are advised to keep a regular check on the website for admit card notifications and other information. Candidates will also get the admit card through post. No candidates will be allowed to sit in the test without the admit card. All information like as name, signature, photograph, roll number, exam center and exam date and time will be mentioned on the admit card. The admit card should be preserved for the admission procedure.
Steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website www.vignanuniversity.org
- Search for the link “VSAT Admit Card 2018”.
- Click on the link
- Enter you application number and DOB.
- Your VSAT 2018 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out of it.
- For any discrepancy on the admit card, exam authorities must be contacted immediately and duplicate admit card should be issue.
- Incase if a candidates does not receive his admit card on time, he should take the copy of application form on the day of the exam.
VSAT 2018 Exam Centers
VSAT 2018 exam centers will be available on the website and prospectus. All candidates must choose the exam center carefully while filling up the application forms. Also make sure that the correct exam center is mentioned on the admit card. If there is any discrepancy, contact the exam authorities immediately.
VSAT 2018 will be held across various cities/towns of India. There are altogether 34 exam centers. The test center allotted to the candidates will not be changed under any circumstances.
The list of exam centers along with their center code is given below:
|Test Centre||Code||Test Centre||Code|
VSAT 2018 Exam Pattern 2018
Read the details of the exam pattern as given below to prepare yourself well for VSAT 2018:
- VSAT 2018 exam will most likely be held in the last week of April 2018 in 2 slots: Morning and afternoon.
- Exam is conducted in online mode
- Medium is English.
- The duration of the paper is 180 minutes.
- The questions paper is multiple choice objective type.
- There are altogether 120 questions on subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English/Aptitude.
- 1 mark is given for each correct answer and there is no negative marking.
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||4|
|Subjects||Marks in each section|
VSAT 2018 Syllabus
All candidates appearing for VSAT 2018 should prepare themselves in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English. The syllabus is of class 11 and 12.
The detailed syllabus is given below:
|Mathematics||Algebra, Quadratic equations and expressions, Theory of Equations, Matrices, determinants and linear equations, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem and partial fractions, Sequences and series, Complex Numbers, Trigonometry, Vector Algebra, Measures of dispersion, Probability|
|English||Grammar and Usage, Vocabulary|
|Biology||Diversity in the living world, Structural organisation in plants- Morphology, Reproduction in Plants, Plant systematic, Cell Structure and Function, Internal Organisation of Plants, Plant Ecology, Plant Physiology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology|
|Chemistry||Stoichiometry, States of matter: Gaseous and Liquids, Solid State, Atomic Structures, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Thermodynamics, Chemical equilibrium, Acids & Bases, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Hydrogen and its Compounds|
|Physics||Units and Dimensions and Measurement, Vectors, Rotatory Motion, Gravitation, Kinematics, Mechanical properties of solids, Oscillations, Ray Optics, Magnetism & Matter, Moving charges and magnetism, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Temperature and thermal expansion of Solids, Liquids and Gases|
Applicants can refer to the following books to prepare for VSAT 2018:
|Principles of Physics Class 12||VK Mehta|
|S. Chand’s Principles of Physics||S Chand|
|Conceptual Chemistry for Class 12 - Vol. II: With Value - Based Questions||SK Jain|
|CBSE All in One ENGLISH CORE Class 12th||Arihant Experts|
|Mathematics Vol. 1 & 2 Class - 12||RD Sharma|
VSAT 2018 Results
Candidates can check VSAT 2018 Result online on the official website. Most likely, VSAT 2018 Result will be declared in first week of May 2018. On the basis of the marks obtained by students in the entrance exam, the merit list will be prepared.
A common merit list will be made for all category candidates. VSAT 2018 scorecard will be available only online and no result or score card will be sent to candidates by post. Students will be informed of results declaration by SMS.
Following are the steps to check the result:
- Visit www.vignanuniversity.org
- Click on VSAT Rank Card Link
- VSAT 2017 Results Page will be displayed
- Enter VSAT 2018 Admit Card Number
- Click on Submit Button
- VSAT 2018 Results with All India Rank will be displayed on Screen
- Download VSAT 2018 Score Card and take a print out of it.
VSAT 2018 Counselling
The counseling process for the academic session 2018-19 will begin from the second week of May 2018. Only qualifying candidates will be called for the counselling procedure. The schedule of the counselling will be available on the website or will be informed to the candidates by post or SMS & email.
Candidates need to be present physically at the time of counselling and all documents, both originals and photocopies, need to be carried on the day of counselling for verifications. If a candidate does not appear for counselling on the scheduled date and time, his admission will be cancelled. A candidate also cannot change his allotted time and date for counselling.
Documents Required During Counselling
- Class 10 Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet and Passing certificate
- VSAT Admit Card 2018
- VSAT Rank/Score Card 2018
- Category Certificate
- Counselling Call Letter