VITMEE is a university level entrance examination. It is managed by the VIT University. VITMEE stands for VIT Master’s Entrance Examination.VITMEE is organized for the candidates seeking admission in master courses such as MCA and M.Tech. These courses are offered by VIT University campuses situated in Vellore and Chennai.
- VITMEE is an annual exam which is conducted in the month of June every year.
- VITMEE is conducted in online mode.
- The questions are in the form of MCQs.
- The duration of the same is 2 hours.
- There are total 100 questions for one mark each.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The online application form for VITMEE 2018 will be available in the month of March 2018.
- The VITMEE 2018 Admit Card will be released in the month of May 2018.
- VITMEE 2018 Result will be announced in June 2018.
VITMEE 2018 Highlights
|Date of VITMEE 2018||First week of June 2018|
|Conducting Body||VIT University|
|Mode of VITMEE 2018||Online|
|Medium of VITMEE 2018||English|
|Duration of VITMEE 2018||2 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||100 MCQs|
VITMEE 2018 Exam Dates
Aspiring and Interested candidates can find below the examination dates of VITMEE 2018 entrance exam. However, the dates are tentative in nature and are subject to change as per university’s schedule:
|Issue of Application form||Second week of March 2018|
|Last date to Fill Application Form||Third week of May 2018|
|Slot Booking Starts and Admit Card||Fourth week of May 2018|
|Date of Exam||First week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Second week of June 2018|
|Counselling Starts||Fourth week of June 2018|
VITMEE 2018 Eligibility
There are several conditions to be eligible for VITMEE 2018. Candidates must read the eligibility conditions well before filling the application form. The requirements are as follows:
- Candidates should be permanent residents of India and should have completed their graduation from college situated in India.
- NRI/PIO and Foreign candidates can also apply with separate application form. They need to visit the international relations tab in VIT website.
M.Tech (Master of Technology)
- Qualifying Exam:Candidates have to pass their B.Tech/BE or equivalent degree from recognized university.
- Minimum Marks:Candidates have to secure minimum aggregate of 60% or equivalent marks in the qualifying examination.
Appearing Candidates can also apply. But they have to submit their passing certificate before August 15, 2018.
MCA (Master of Computer Application)
- Qualifying Exam:Candidates have to qualify their three year duration BCA, B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) from recognized university.
- Subjects:Candidates have to pass their qualifying examination with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 or graduate level.
- Minimum Marks:Candidates have to score at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
Appearing Candidates can also apply. But they have to produce their passing certificate before 15th August 2018.
VITMEE 2018 Application Form
The application form for VITMEE 2018 entrance exam will be available on university’s website - http://vtop2.vit.ac.in:8080/VITMEE/.
Application form will be available in the month of March 2018. Candidates can submit application form by online mode only. Candidates should have a valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number. They need to fill all the entries carefully and should remember that mandatory field cannot be left blank. Scanned passport size photograph and signature to be uploaded for application must be kept ready before hand. Candidates need to pay necessary application fee through online mode. Application fee can be paid using net banking, credit or debit card and it is non-refundable. After successful submission one print out should be kept for future use.
Steps to fill application form VITMEE 2018
Stage 1: New User Registration
- Go to the official website and click on ‘VITMEE 2018 Registration’ tab.
- Enter all the relevant details carefully.
- A password will be sent from VIT to your registered mobile number and email id.
Stage 2: Confirmation of password
- Sign – in by using email id and password received from VIT.
Stage 3: Filling online application form
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission.
- An application number will be generated after submission.
- Refer your application number for all your future correspondence.
Stage 4: Uploading Photo and Signature
The documents must be uploaded once all the details have been entered. The dimensions for both Photograph and Signatures have been mentioned below:
- Photograph Image: Size should be between 10kb to 200 kb with the dimension of 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- Signature Image: Size should be between 10kb to 200 kb with the dimension of 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm.
Stage 5: Payment of Application Fee
- Application fee of INR 950 has to be paid only through online mode (Net banking / Debit / Credit card).
- At the time of transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try to fill new application form. Please wait for 24hrs and try for the payment once again using the same registered email id.
- If the amount is not debited, you can try making the payment again.
- Please do not send a hard copy of filled-in application form.
- Please retain the registered mobile no. and email id till the completion of the admission process.
- During counselling eligible candidate can select the campus and branch of study as per the order of merit and availability of seats in any of the campuses.
- Candidate can edit their online application contents except for Email ID., Mobile no. and correspondence address details.
VITMEE 2018 Admit Card
Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website- www.vit.ac.in. Admit Card will not be faxed or sent by post or mailed personally. The candidates must not try to mutilate the Admit card. VITMEE 2018 Admit Card is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
The Admit card will contain the following information:
- Registration number,
- Postal address
- Date of examination
- Address of your test centre
- Test schedule
- Set of instructions for the test.
The candidate should carefully examine the Admit card once received.
Applicants will not be permitted to write the test without a valid Admit Card. The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators at the test centre for verification. It should be preserved and produced if demanded for verification at the time of Interview/admission.
Any discrepancy should be immediately brought to the notice of the Director (PG Admissions). email@example.com or +91-416-2204600.
Steps to download the admit card:
- Go to the official website of VIT University – www.vit.ac.in
- Click on the e-admit card link and you will be redirected to the slot booking page.
- Enter the application form number, online test booking password and security code given there.
- Download the admit card.
- Take a printout of the same for further admission process.
VITMEE 2018 Exam Centre
VITMEE 2018 will be held at the below venues, at the scheduled date and time. Candidate can choose any three venues as per his or her order of preference. This choice is given to the candidate at the time of filling VITMEE application form 2018. The exam centers along with their codes for VITMEE are:
|Test Centre||Codes||Test Centre||Codes|
VITMEE 2018 Exam Pattern
Applicants must be aware of VITMEE 2018 Exam Pattern for qualifying the exam. The highlights of the exam pattern are as under:
- The entrance test will be held online i.e. computer-based test.
- The duration of exam will be 2 hours.
- All the questions will be multiple choice questions.
- Total number of questions in the exam will be 100.
- Out of the total 100 questions, 80 will be from the chosen technical subject and 20 will be from English communication.
- Maximum marks will be 100.
- Each question will carry one mark.
- There is no negative marking.
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions|
Exam pattern Highlights table is given below:
|Exam pattern Highlights|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Sections in Paper||2|
VITMEE 2018 Syllabus
The question paper for VITMEE 2018 will consist of two parts. One part is all about technical subjects and other is regarding English communication. Both the sections have been detailed below:
The syllabus covered under technical section is:
1. Mathematical Section
|Engineering Mathematics||Probability and statistics|
|Linear algebra||Algebra and complex analysis|
|Calculus||Calculus and its applications|
|Differential equation||Numerical methods|
|Control theory||Descriptive statistics, Exploratory Data Analysis|
2. Applies Mechanics And Design
|Strength of materials|
|Theory of machines|
3. Fluid Mechanics And Thermal Sciences
|Power Engineering||Fluid mechanics|
|Refrigeration and air-conditioning||Heat transfer|
4. Manufacturing And Industrial Engineering
|Engineering Materials||Metrology and Inspection|
|Metal casting’||Production Planning and Control|
|Machining and Machine Tool Operations|
5. Some current Trends In Design And manufacturing
|Mechatronics System Design|
|Computer Integrated Manufacturing|
|Computer Aided Engineering|
The syllabus covered under English Communication section is:
- Subject – Verb Agreement
- Tense forms
- Articles and Preposition
- Use of Conjunctions
2. Writing Technical Instructions
3. Writing Memos & Writing Minutes
5. Preparing Questionnaire
6. Proof Reading
VITMEE 2018 Result
The result is the basis for shortlisting the candidates for counselling and admission. Students will be able to check VITMEE 2018 results in the second week of June 2018. VITMEE 2018 Result will be announced in online mode.Applicants will be able to access their result by using their application number and Date of Birth. On the basis of the performance in the examination, students will be shortlisted for the VITMEE counselling.
Through VITMEE 2017 result, the candidates will be able to know their score and rank secured in the entrance test.
Steps to download VITMEE Result 2018
- Click on the official link to VITMEE 2018 result.
- By clicking on the link, you will reach the result page of VITMEE 2018.
- Log in using your 10 digit application form number and date of birth.
- VITMEE 2018 result will get displayed on computer screen.
- Take some print outs of the result as candidates must carry it to the counselling procedure.
Important Points related to VITMEE result 2018
- After checking VITMEE 2018 result, candidates will be able to check the dates of VITMEE 2018 counselling.
- GATE qualified candidates will be given preference on the basis of GATE scores for counselling and seat allotment over those candidates who only appear in VITMEE 2018.
VITMEE 2018 Counselling
Aspirants should produce the admit card at the time of interview. Candidates will be short-listed for counselling on the basis of their performance in VIT Master’s Entrance Examination (VITMEE) Rank. Attendance during counselling process will not assure admission since the seat allotment is based on the merit list and there is possibility that some of the candidates may not get admission if the seats are filled before their rank/ turn comes.
Selected candidates should pay an advance of INR10,000 towards counselling fee. Only Computerised DD will be accepted payable to “VIT University”, at Vellore for the same. The counselling fee is Non-Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University. The candidate’ s name will be removed from the admission list if he/she fails to pay the advance at the time of the Interview.
Documents to be produced during counselling
The following documents must be produced in original for verification while reporting for counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the interview without these documents.
- Admit Card.
- X and XII Std. Marks statement
- Mark Sheets of all semesters/years of the qualifying examination up to pre-final / final year as applicable
- Qualifying Degree / Provisional Certificate (If already received)
- Transfer/Migration Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied (If already received)
- Valid GATE score card for Candidates applying for M. Tech. (if applicable)
- Service Certificate/ No Objection Certificate issued by the Employer. (For sponsored candidates for M. Tech. Programmes only)
- Community Certificate (for all categories except OC/ General).
- DEMAND DRAFT for Rs. 10,000, drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
Only after verification of these documents, the candidate will be allowed to participate in the counselling.
The seat and campus for a programme once allotted is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College