VITEEE Results 2017 has been declared by VIT University on April 23, 2017 at vit.ac.in. VIT Results 2017 display marks and ranks secured by the candidates who sat for VITEEE from April 5- 16, 2017. They must enter their Application Number and Date of Birth to access VITEEE Result.
Here are some key points about VITEEE Result:
- At the time of publication of VITEEE results, a candidate’s rank is intimated through SMS on the number provided at the time of registration.
- A merit list is prepared based on the total marks secured in the national level exam. It includes names of all qualifying candidates.
- There is a provision of normalization/equi-percentile methodology so as to maintain fair means of candidates’ ranking in the merit list.
- Admission to VIT is based on VITEEE Cut Off. So, a candidate must secure the minimum set marks.
- All qualifying candidates would then proceed for VITEEE Counselling. It is conducted in the month of May in any of the following campuses- Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati campus.
The counselling is held in 2 phases. Phase I would be conducted from May 10 – May 12, 2017, while Phase II would be held from May 15- May 22, 2017. However, if seats remain vacant in VITEEE Counselling then an optional 3rd phase of counselling will be conducted.
Read about VITEEE Counselling
Highlights of VITEEE Results 2017
|VITEEE Result date 2017||April 23, 2017|
|Result is declared by||VIT University|
|VITEEE Result is declared at||www.vit.ac.in|
|Result can be accessed using||Application Number and Date of Birth |
|Details on Rank Card||Rank and Marks obtained|
|Admission is based on||Merit Ranking |
|VITEEE Counselling began from||May 10, 2017|
|Seats to be filled through VITEEE 2017||Approximately 5000|
How to Check VITEEE Result?
VIT Results 2017 have been declared on April 23, 2017 at www.vit.ac.in. VITEEE Results can be obtained through by following the steps given below.
- Log into the VIT university website i.e. vit.ac.in
- Look for the ‘Admissions tab’ and then click on VITEEE
- Check for Results and Equating Methodology
- Click on VITEEE Results
- Enter your 10 digit Application Number, Date of Birth and confirm that you are not a robot
- Click on submit button
- VITEEE Result will be displayed on the screen, download it for further use
After VITEEE Result is displayed, candidates can check the following information on the scorecard-
How is VITEEE Result Calculated?
VITEEE Result will only state the rank attained by candidates. To find the rank of the candidate, the university does not use the traditional cut off method. Instead, the equating methodology is used.
- It is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably.
- Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates.
- The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating would be used to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent.
- Thus, Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group. Example- A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percent above this test score.
- VIT university will define the percentile rank of the candidates. On the basis of the percentile and rank, candidates will be called for VITEEE counselling 2017.
Re-Evaluaion of VIT Results 2017
VIT University has already clarified that re-totalling of VITEEE Result will not be done in any case. Hence, requesting for re-evaluation will not be accepted under any circumstances. VITEEE is a Computer Based Type exam, so answer sheets will be made available for re-evaluation.
VITEEE Results- Important Instructions
While checking VITEEE Results 2017, candidates may suffer some problems. To avoid this, they should follow given below instructions-
- Check the internet connection whether it is working properly or not.
- Keep your application number handy to avoid the hassle.
- Check the working condition of the printer before taking a printout.
- Try checking the VITEEE Result in off-peak hours as traffic congestion is low.
- Use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as website runs smoothly.
VITEEE 2017 Answer Key
- Post the exam, a candidate can analyze his performance in VITEEE by using the Answer Key.
- Candidates can calculate their scores in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics through these keys. It is generally released 2 weeks post exam date.
- The official answer keys will be uploaded on the website of VIT university i.e. vit.ac.in. Candidates can get the link to the answer key on the index or home page.
- They have to choose the set code, paper code and download the answer key. Answer key is provided in PDF format and uploaded set wise for each year.
- This year, the difficulty level of the paper was moderate to difficult.
Check VITEEE 2017 Answer Key, Question Paper and Analysis
VITEEE Cut Off 2017
- Post declaration of the result, VITEEE Cut off is announced.
- Candidates who fall between the specified cut off, will be eligible for admission to VIT Campuses in Chennai, Vellore, Bhopal and Andhra Pradesh.
- Cut off is the minimum score obtained, for the University to prepare merit list. Declaration of VITEEE result will follow multi-city counselling for VIT admissions to B.Tech. Degree Programmes. Just like any other universities, panel set by VIT decides VITEEE cut off.
Cut off trends are generally calculated on the following basis:
- Number of students registered for the test
- Number of students who have appeared in the examination
- Number of students who have qualified the test
- Number of students listed in the merit list
- Number of students who have qualified but didn’t attend the counselling
- Students who have received final confirmation for the seat
Read about VITEEE Cut off
Seats offered through VITEEE Result 2017
Nearly 5000 seats are filled through VITEEE each year. Candidates compete to save a seat in B.Tech in either of the campuses of VIT University. Below is the branch-wise seat matrix of last year. More or less the same seat matrix will be seen this year too.
|Computer Science and Engineering||730|
|Computer Science and Engg.(Spec. in Bioinformatics)||90|
|Electronics and Communication Engg.||700|
|Electrical and Electronics Engg.||240|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.||80|
|Mechanical(Specialisation in Automative Engg.)||60|
|Mechanical Engineering (Specialisation in Chemical Process Engineering)||70|
|Mechanical(Specialisation in Energy Engineering)||70|
|Product and Industrial Engineering||70|
|Computer Science and Engineering||240|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||240|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||240|
VITEEE Counselling 2017
Phase 1 Counselling for VITEEE 2017 began from May 10, 2017. The Phase II Counselling for other Rank Holders began from May 15, 2017. University invites more candidates than the number of seats exists. This is done to fill all the available seats.
For example, in 2014, the number of available seats were 4917 while it was filled in the second round of counselling at 75,000 rank. In 2015, number of available seats and applicants were roughly the same. So seats can be filled in mid counselling for this year as well.
VITEEE 2017 Counselling Schedule
Phase-1 Counselling Schedule
|Date||From Rank||Till Rank|
|May 10, 2017||1||8000|
|May 11, 2017||8001||14000|
|May 12, 2017||14001||20000|
Phase- 2 Counselling Schedule
|Date||From Rank||Till Rank|
|May 15, 2017||20001||25000|
|May 16, 2017||25001||40000|
|May 17, 2017||40001||55000|
|May 18, 2017||55001||70000|
|May 19, 2017||70001||85000|
|May 22, 2017||85001||99999|
Read More VITEEE COUNSELLING
Procedure For Allocation of Seats/ Branch
- Admission to the B.Tech Programme in VIT is offered solely on the basis of merit i.e. based on the candidate’s All India Rank (AIR) in VITEEE.
- Getting a call for counselling does not guarantee admission.
- Candidates can opt to appear for counselling in either of the VIT campuses (Vellore or Chennai). They can choose the branch offered/available. Details of various branches offered under the B.Tech Programme in the current year and total number of seats allocated for each branch will be displayed at the counselling centers.
- This transparency in the admission process is ensured through the online mode of communication where the process is conducted through video-conferencing. The screen at the counselling centers for seat availability in the subject streams in both the campuses is a common one and the candidates in both the campuses are able to view it.
CheckVITEEE Participating Colleges
- VIT University provides different types of scholarships to many meritorious, outstanding students every year, purely based on merit.
- The scholarship offered under the GV School Development Programme (GVSDP) has been presented below in the table.
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% tuition fee waiver for all four years|
|VITEEE rank holders 1-50||75% tuition fee waiver for all four years|
|VITEEE rank holders 51-100||50% tuition fee waiver for all four years|
|VITEEE rank holders101-1000||25% tuition fee waiver for all four years|
However, the students availing scholarships would have to pay for the special fees amount, external placement-training fee and placement fee.
Read more about VITEEE Fee Structure 2017