UPSEE MBA 2018
UPSEE MBA 2018 is a state level examination which enables candidates to seek admission to 1st year of MBA programs offered by various management institutions in UP. It is conducted by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP (APJAKTU). To apply online, applicants must visit upsee.nic.in.
- UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Form will be available from January 18, 2018.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply for the examination.
- UPSEE MBA 2018 Admit Card will be issued to candidates who submit the Application Form within the prescribed dates.
- Candidates can choose Exam centers both in UP and outside UP.
- It is a pen and paper based examination to be conducted on April 23, 2018 (tentative).
- Candidates can claim UPSEE MBA 2018 Reservation on the basis of the categories mentioned below in the article.
- UPSEE MBA 2018 Result will be announced online on May 30, 2018 followed by the counselling process commencing on June 24, 2018.
Candidates will have to register themselves for the counselling process by paying the initial admission fee of INR 20, 000 (for general category). Seats available and information on participating colleges are given in the article below.
Read more UPSEE MBA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
UPSEE MBA 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||UPSEE MBA (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination MBA)|
|Conducting Body||Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP (APJAKTU)|
|Exam Type||State Level Management Examination|
|Exam Date||April 23, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Applicants must have minimum 3 years Bachelor’s degree|
|Must have cleared Mathematics in 10+2 level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
UPSEE MBA 2018 Important Dates
Eligible candidates can apply online by filling UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Form which will be available on January 18, 2018. Candidates must note that UPSEE MBA 2018 will be conducted in the offline mode on April 23, 2018. Other important dates related to the examination are given in the table below:
|Commencement of Application Process||January 18, 2018|
|Last Date of Submission of UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Form||March 20, 2018|
|Partial UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Form Edit||March 27, 2018 (11:00 p.m.) to March 29, 2018 (05:00 p.m.)|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 11, 2018 to Date of Examination|
|UPSEE MBA 2018 Exam Date||April 23, 2018 (Sunday)|
|Declaration of Result||May 30, 2018|
UPSEE MBA 2018 Counselling will be conducted by APJAKTU, Lucknow after the declaration of the results. Counselling process will begin from June 19, 2018. The results for Counselling Round 1 will be announced on June 29, 2018.
UPSEE MBA 2018 Eligibility
Candidates who wish to pursue MBA in various management institutions offered through scores obtained in UPSEE MBA 2018 must satisfy UPSEE MBA 2018 Eligibility. The eligibility criteria to be fulfilled are:
For National Candidates:
- Candidate must have obtained a 3 year Bachelor degree from a recognized University/equivalent/A.I.U University.
- They should have secured atleast 50% aggregate marks (45% marks for SC/ST candidates) in the degree programme.
- Candidates must have studied and cleared Mathematics subject in Class 12 or Graduation level.
For NRI Candidates:
- Candidates who have qualified CMAT/CAT/MAT are eligible to apply.
- They must have secured 50% aggregate marks without grace marks in the degree programme from any recognized university.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category get a relaxation of 5% in the aggregate marks.
UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Form
UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Form filling process is completely online. Forms will be available on the official website from January 18, 2018. Candidates must submit UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Form by March 20, 2018. Correction window will be available for 2 days after the last day of form submission.
Steps to Apply for UPSEE MBA 2018
The Application Process is a three step process namely Application Form Filling, Uploading Documents and Fee Payment. Candidates have to print the confirmation page which is generated at the end of the application process. The 3 major steps are explained below:
Step 1: UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Form Filling
- Visit the official website and click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Fill the personal, academic and communication details.
- Mention the preference of UPSEE MBA 2018 Exam Center
- Create password and security question. An Application Number and Password is generated and must be noted down carefully.
- To make changes in the application form, click on ‘Application Edit’.
- Post editing and verifying, click on Final Submit.
Step 2: Uploading Documents
- Click on the blank area to upload the photograph and browse the image from the computer.
- Click on the blank area to upload the signature and browse the image from the computer.
- Click on the blank area to upload the left hand thumb impression and browse the image from the computer.
|Recent Colored Photograph||Format- JPEG Format|
|File Size- 100 Kb|
|Dimensions- 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Signature||Format- JPEG Format|
|File Size- Maximum 30 Kb|
|Dimensions- 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Left hand Thumb Impression||Format- JPEG Format|
|File Size- Maximum 30 Kb|
|Dimensions- 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
Step 3: Fee Payment
- Click on Mode of Payment among Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- If you choose Credit Card, enter the Card number and PIN.
- If you choose Debit Card, enter the Card Number and CVV number mentioned on the card.
- If you choose Net Banking, enter the Account Number and One Time Password (OTP)
- Click on Pay Now after entering the required information.
- Note the Payment Transaction Number and download the confirmation page
- Take multiple prints of the Confirmation Page for future use.
UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Fee
Candidates have to make the payment in the third step of filling the application form. UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Fee can be paid through Credit Card/Debit card/Net banking i.e. online mode. The application fee is INR 1000 for General category whereas it is INR 500 for Reserved category and Female candidates.
|General/Open category (Male or Transgender candidates)||INR 1000|
|SC/ST Category and Female/Physically Disabled candidates||INR 500|
UPSEE MBA 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download UPSEE MBA 2018 Admit Card from the official website from April 11, 2018 till the date of examination. They have to carry a hard copy of it to their allotted UPSEE MBA 2018 Exam Center. The steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Open the official website, upsee.nic.in.
- Enter Application Number and Password.
- Download and Print UPSEE MBA 2018 Admit Card.
In case a candidate has any issues regarding details on the admit card, they are required to submit the following documents at the regional nodal center:
- Two passport size photographs of the candidate.
- INR 25 for re-issuance of UPSEE MBA 2018 Admit Card.
- Application number of the candidate.
- Copy of the confirmation page.
UPSEE MBA 2018 Exam Centers
UPSEE MBA 2018 Exam Centers are located both in UP and Outside UP. The table below gives the details of various UPSEE MBA 2018 Exam Centers:
|UPSEE MBA 2018 Exam Centers|
|Aligarh||Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida / Greater Noida)||Meerut|
UPSEE MBA 2018 Exam Pattern
UPSEE MBA 2018 is scheduled on April 23, 2018 (tentative). It is conducted offline i.e. it is a written examination. According to UPSEE MBA 2018 Exam Pattern, candidates have to attempt a total of 100 questions distributed in 4 sections. The 4 sections are English Language Section, Numerical Aptitude, Thinking and Decision Making and General Awareness.
The medium of the paper will be English and Hindi only. 4 marks is awarded for every correct answer. There is no negative marking in the paper.
30 x 4
Exam duration is 2 hours
Each of 4
Each Correct Answer will be awarded 4 marks
No Negative Marking
No marks deducted for wrong answer.
Pen Paper based Exam
Questions will be of objective type
There are 100 questions, 25 in each section
UPSEE MBA 2018 Result
UPSEE MBA 2018 Result will be declared on the official website on or after May 30, 2018. The result will be announced by AKTU. Answer Keys will be released along with the result. Details result, scorecard and merit list will be released shortly after the result declaration. The steps to download the UPSEE MBA 2018 Result are given below:
- Open the official website of UPSEE.
- Click on the link for UPSEE MBA 2018 Result.
- Enter roll number and Date of birth to check the result.
- Download the result and keep it for the counselling process.
- Candidate with lesser number of incorrect answers is given preference.
- Candidates who obtain equal marks or scores are given position in the merit list according to the age of the candidate.
- Candidates of higher age are given higher scores and lower ranks in the merit list.
UPSEE MBA 2018 Counselling
Candidates who obtain marks equivalent to the minimum marks in UPSEE MBA 2018 Cut off will qualify for the counselling round. Eligible candidates have to register themselves on the official website. UPSEE MBA 2018 Counselling begins from June 19, 2018. Those who are willing to participate in the First Round of Counselling must register themselves by June 24, 2018. The various steps involved in the counselling are given below.
Steps for UPSEE MBA 2018 Counselling
- Registration- Candidates are required to register themselves first on the official website. They are required to enter the marks obtained in UPSEE MBA 2018 during the registration. Candidates have to pay a fee of INR 20,000 for General/ Open category candidates and INR 12,000 for SC/ST candidates. The mode of payment of the counselling fee is online i.e. through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net banking.
- Choice Filling- Candidates have to mention their preference or choice of institutions among the list of institutions participating in UPSEE MBA 2018 Counselling. They are asked to enter the choices at every round of counselling. Candidates have to enter few details while filling their choices on a separate portal created by the conducting body.
- Document Verification- Candidates are required to carry all the required documents to their allotted centers for verification. Any discrepancy during this step can lead to cancellation of candidature. Candidates who have successfully completed the above two steps can only appear for the document verification process on the notified date.
- Seat Allotment- Seats are allotted on the basis of merit and their choice of the institution made during the initial steps of UPSEE MBA 2018 Counselling Process. The seat allotment result is different for each round and will be announced differently.
- Seat Confirmation- Candidates have to confirm the seat allocation if they are satisfied with the seat allotted to them. Only one seat can be confirmed by one candidate. The seat confirmation must be done within the scheduled time to save the allocated seat.
Documents Required for UPSEE MBA 2018 Counselling
The following documents are required during the document verification process of UPSEE MBA 2018 Counselling:
- Admit Card of UPSEE MBA 2018
- Mark sheet of class X and XII
- Character certificate, as issued by the institute last attended
- Certificate of Medical Fitness issued by a competent authority
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate for candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category
- Subcategory certificate (for candidates belonging to Freedom fighters/Armed forces/Physically handicapped category)
- Income certificate (applicable only for economically weaker only)
- GDDA category certificate (if applicable)
- Rural Weightage certificate (if applicable)
UPSEE MBA 2018 Reservation
UPSEE MBA 2018 Reservation varies with the category to which a candidate belongs to. Candidates have to mention the reserved category while filling UPSEE MBA 2018 Application Form. The various reserved categories are mentioned below:
|Category 1||UPGE||Candidates passing qualifying examination from institution located in UP|
|Category 2||UPSC/UPST/UPBC||SC/ST/OBC candidates passing qualifying examination from institution located in UP and domiciled in UP|
|Category 3||UPGD||General/Open category candidate clearing qualifying examination from institute outside UP and his/her parents have a domicile of UP|
|Category 4||GDSC/GDST/GDBC||SC/ST/OBC candidates clearing the qualifying examination from any institute located outside UP and their parents have a domicile of UP.|
|Category 5||Others||Candidates clearing the qualifying examination from institution in UP but their parents are not domiciled in UP|
Reservation for NRI Candidates
15% of the total seat intake in the management quota of various in states is reserved for NRI candidates. The preference order for seat allocation is mentioned below:
- First preference is given to candidates who have qualified CMAT/CAT/MAT 2017.
- Second preference is given to UPSEE MBA 2018 qualifiers.
- Third preference is given to candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria for UPSEE MBA 2018.
|Schedule Caste of U.P.||21%|
|Schedule Tribe of U.P.||2%|
|Other Backward Classes of U.P.||27%|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters belonging to U.P.||2%||UPFF|
|Ward of Defence Personnel belong to U.P. either retired/killed/disabled in action or Defence Personnel posted in UP||5%||UPAF|
|Handicapped or disabled candidates belonging to U.P.||3%||UPHC|
|Female Candidates belonging to Uttar Pradesh||20%||UPGL|
UPSEE MBA 2018 Participating Colleges
Candidates can get admission in any of the following mentioned colleges.
|University/Institute Name||Courses Offered|
|C.S.J.M Kanpur University, Kanpur||MBA MBA- Finance & Control (M3) MBA-Business Economics (M2) MBA Tourism Management (M4)|
|Dr. R.M.L. Avadh University, Faizabad||MBA|
|M.G. Kashi Vidyapith University, Varanasi||MBA|
|V.B.S. Purvanchal University, Jaunpur||MBA (M1) MBA Agri. Business (M17) MBA E-Commerce (M21) MBA Business Economics (M2) MBA Finance & Control (M3) MBA Human Research &Development (M22)|
|M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly||MBA (General) (M1) MBA (Marketing) (M20)|
|D.D.U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur||MBA|
|Institute of Business Studies, Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut||MBA|
|Sir Chhotu Ram Institute of Engineering &Technology, Ch. Charan Singh Campus, Meerut||MBA (M1) MBA-IB (M5)|
|Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra||MBA|
|Bundelkhand University, Jhansi||MBA MBA (International Business)(M5) MBA (Finance Management)(M6) MBA (Tourism Management)(M4)|
|Uttar Pradesh Viklang Uddhar Dr. Shakuntala Misra Vishwavidyalaya, Lucknow||MBA|
|Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University, Lucknow.||MBA|