UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam) is a state level entrance exam conducted for admission into colleges affiliated to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow. The courses offered under UPSEE are B.Tech in Engineering and Agriculture, B.Arch, B. Pharm, Fashion and Apparel Design, Hotel Management, MCA, MBA and MAM. Lateral entry for Fashion & Apparel Design and MCA is also available.
Latest: UPSEE 2018 Application Form has been released from January 23, 2018. Check here for application details.
- UPSEE 2018 Admit Card will be available for download on April 20, 2018.
- The exam is held in both online and offline mode (based on the UG/PG course for which candidate has made an application for). Check UPSEE Exam Pattern 2018
- A UPSEE Merit list would be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in UPSEE exam.
- Counselling, choice locking, and seat allotment would be done based on this merit list only.
UPSEE 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Exam Date||April 29 (UG), May 5 & 6 (PG)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 50% in 12th board exam for every paper|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online and Offline depending on the paper|
|Number of Papers||11|
UPSEE 2018 Exam Dates
Here, students can check all the important dates of UPSEE 2018:
|Events related to UPSEE 2018||Dates|
|Application for UPSEE 2018 starts||January 23, 2018|
|Last date for making application||March 15, 2018|
|Availability of Admit cards||April 20, 2018|
|Date of exam||April 29 (UG), May 5 & 6 (PG)|
|Results declaration||First week of June 2018|
|Counselling begins||Second week of June 2018|
UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
It is mandatory for all the applicants to fulfill all the eligibility conditions of UPSEE 2018 in order to fill the application form. Here is the Eligibility Criteria for all the courses covered under UPSEE.
|B.Tech/B.Pharma/B.Arch/BHMCT/BFAD/BFA||Intermediate Passed or equivalent|
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||B.Sc degree holder or Diploma holder|
|B. Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||Diploma holder in Pharmacy|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||BCA, B.Sc., (IT/Computer Science) degree holder|
|MBA/MCA||B.Sc Degree holder or equivalent|
|MAM||Intermediate Passed or Equivalent|
UPSEE 2018 Application Form
- Applications for UPSEE 2018 will be submitted through online mode only.
- Candidates can fill UPSEE Application Form by accessing the official website.
- Availability of online application form will be from January 23, 2018.
- Candidates filling the online application form also have to upload scanned images of signature, colored photograph and left hand thumb impression.
- Applicants need not to send hard copy of filled-in application form/or any document to the University.
- The university may also provide the correction facility in the application form.
- After paying the application fee, candidates can take the printout of “confirmation page” for future record.
- There is no need to send the confirmation page to the AKTU/UPTU/UPSEE 2018 office. Application number is printed on this confirmation page.
UPSEE 2018 Application fee
UPSEE 2018 application fee details is as follows:
|For Male/Transgender Candidates of General/OBC Category||INR 1000|
|For Female/SC/ST/PwD Category||INR 500|
Candidates can submit the application fee either through online mode that is debit card/ATM card, online wallet etc or through offline channels such as through bank mode, by filling in the challan issued by UPSEE 2018 conducting authority after filling the form (only if you choose offline pavement mode).
UPSEE 2018 Exam Centers
UPSEE 2018 would be held at various cities as given in the following tables. Candidates are advised to give three choices of examination cities.
- Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4 are OMR based Tests and shall be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-I
- Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, and Paper 11 are Computer-based tests and shall be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-II.
Examination City Table-I
(OMR Based Test for Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4)
|Cities in State of U.P.|
|8.||Mau||25.||Kanpur Dehat||Cities in Other States|
|14.||Ambedkar Nagar||31.||Gautam Buddha Nagar||46.||Ranchi|
Examination City Table-II
(Computer Based Test for Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10 and Paper 11)
|3.||Allahabad||9.||Gautam Buddha Nagar||15.|
|4.||Ambedkar Nagar||10.||Moradabad||16.||Noida / Greater Noida|
- Candidates are advised to be very careful while giving their options for city of examination centre. Candidates are advised to choose cities of examination on the basis of the paper he/she has opted from the respective tables that is Examination City Table-I and/or Examination City Table-II.
- In case, candidate has opted papers in such a manner that some of these papers are the OMR based Tests (Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4) and some of these papers are Computer based Tests (Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, and Paper 11), the choices for city of examination must be chosen from the Examination City Table-II only.
UPSEE 2018 Admit Card
UPSEE 2018 Admit Card will be released on April 20, 2018 on the official website, www.upsee.nic.in. Admit card would be made available for download for a notified amount of time. After the notified time period the link for downloading admit cards would get disabled and no further downloads will be possible. Thus, candidates are advised to download the admit card as soon as they are published.
Candidates can download their UPSEE 2018 Admit Card by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the UPSEE 2018 official website.
- Click on UPSEE 2018 admit card.
- A login window will appear.
- Type your UPSEE 2018 application number and password to login and download the admit card.
- Window showing admit card will appear.
- Click on download admit card.
- After downloading the admit card take a printout of the same.
UPSEE 2018 Exam Pattern
Understanding of exam pattern is must for the good preparation. Exam pattern provides an overview about the question paper including number of questions asked in exam, subjects covered, negative marking, etc. Here, we are giving UPSEE 2018 Exam Pattern for all 11 papers:
|Course||Paper Code under UPSEE 2018|
|B.Tech/B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering)||Paper 1|
|B.Tech (Bio Technology)||Paper 1/Paper 2|
|B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering only)||Paper 3|
|B.Pharma||Paper 1/Paper 2|
|B.Tech Lateral Entry (diploma holders)||Paper 6|
|B.Pharma Lateral Entry (diploma holder)||Paper 7|
|B.Tech Lateral Entry ( B.Sc graduates)||Paper 8|
|MAM (Dual degree)||Paper 11|
|MCA lateral Entry||Paper 12|
Paper 1 to Paper 4 would be conducted in offline mode whereas paper 5 to paper 12 would be conducted in computer based mode. The time allotted for each Paper would be 3 hours.
|Mode of examination
|Online and offline (both depending upon exam)
|Number of Questions asked
|Duration of Exam
|Section in Paper
|3 to 4 (depending upon the Course applied for)
Negative marking is not applicable in UPSEE 2018. No marks will be awarded for any un-attempted question.
UPSEE 2018 Marking Scheme
Total marks scored by a candidate in UPSEE 2018 would be calculated based on the calculation of questions attempted and marks per question. The following marking scheme is applicable for UPSEE 2018.
- Every objective question would carry four marks. Marks would be awarded if the answer is found to be correct.
- More than one answer for a question would be treated as incorrect answer and no marks would be awarded in that case even if one of the marked answers is correct.
- There would be no negative marking however; a record of incorrect answer marked by candidate would be kept separately.
The syllabus for each Paper is different and is based on the UG/PG course for which the candidate is taking the exam. Syllabus for all 12 papers that would be conducted under UPSEE 2018 are different and can be found at the official website, www.upsee.nic.in.
Candidates should start their preparations keeping in reference the syllabus for the particular sections asked in the exam and previous years question papers of UPSEE. Since the UPSEE 2018 Exam Paper 1 is on similar lines with other engineering entrance exam like JEE Main and Advanced, the syllabus is also quite similar and candidates should also refer to such exams for syllabus.
For reference, tabled below is the booklist for UPSEE 2018 Paper 1.
|NCERT part 1&2 class 12th||NCERT||8174506314 & 8174506713|
|Concepts of Physics H.C. Verma Vol 1 & 2||H.C.Verma||8177091875 & 8177092324|
|Understanding Physics series||D.C. Pandey||9350941732|
|NCERT chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 for Class XII||NCERT||8174506489 & 8174507167|
|Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur||P.Bahadur||9382314431|
|Organic Chemistry by Arihant (Theory & Paper)||O.P. Tandon||9382314415|
|Arihant Maths Series by S.K. Goyal for in-depth understanding and practice||S.K.Goyal||35203290X|
UPSEE 2018 Results
The results of UPSEE 2018 would be announced by first week of June 2018 on the official website. The exact date for the result announcement would be made public through the UPSEE 2018 official notification. Candidates would be able to check their results by undertaking the following simple steps.
- Visit UPSEE 2018 official website.
- Click on UPSEE 2018 Result
- Enter your 8-digit roll number.
- Click on submit.
- Your result would get displayed on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out.
Based on these results counselling will be done for allotment of seats under various disciplines of UG/PG courses.
UPSEE 2018 Cut off
The cut off percentage of marks for merit of qualified candidates is 25% (20% for candidates belonging from SC/ST category). Candidates who will qualify UPSEE Cut off criteria will be invited for the counseling round.
|Marks expected||Cut off rank (expected)|
|Below 120||Above 90000|
UPSEE 2018 Counselling
Based on the rank obtained by the candidate in the UPSEE 2018 a merit list will be prepared. Candidates scoring higher marks would be placed higher in the merit list whereas those scoring lower marks would hover at the bottom. Candidates who will feature in the merit list would be called for document verification process. After the document verification candidates would be allowed to take part in registration and choice locking process. Counselling process for UPSEE 2018 is expected to begin in 2nd week of June. UPSEE Counselling would be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the UPSEE 2018 merit list as well as the choice locked by the candidate at the time of choice locking process. The procedure for counselling is as follows:
- Candidates shortlisted for counselling would have to pay the required registration fee to initiate the process.
- Registration fee would be INR 20,000 for general and OBC candidates and INR 12,000 for SC/ST candidates.
- The registration fee is adjustable at the time of taking admission.
- Candidate can freeze the seat that is take the seat allotted and quit the counselling process, float the seat that is keeps the allotted seat on hold and go for further rounds of counseling, or Withdraw the seat allotted and also withdrew from the counselling process.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College