UPSEE 2018 : Application Form, Admit Card, Correction, Dates, Syllabus
UPSEE 2018: Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, conducts the state level entrance examination Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the University and the colleges affiliated to the University.
The form correction window for UPSEE 2018 is open till April 05. The offline examination for B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Des/ B.Pharm is scheduled for April 29, 2018. While for other courses, the exam will be conducted in online mode on May 5 – 6, 2018.
UPSEE exam is held for following programs:
B.Tech | B.Tech (Lateral) | B.Arch | B.Des | B.Pharm | B.Pharm (Lateral) | BHMCT | BFAD | BFA | MBA | MBA (Integrated) | MCA | MCA (Integrated) | MCA (Lateral)
April 05, 2018: Last Date for One Time Data Correction in Online Application Form (5:00 pm).
April 01, 2018: Last date for online fee payment.
March 30, 2018: Online registration for UPSEE 2018 closed at 5:30 pm.
March 26, 2018: Corrections in filled-in UPSEE application form started. Click Here
- The exam is held in both online and offline mode (based on the UG/PG course for which candidate has made an application for). Check UPSEE Exam Pattern 2018
- A UPSEE Merit list would be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in UPSEE exam.
- Counselling, choice locking, and seat allotment would be done based on this merit list only.
UPSEE 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE)|
|Conducting Body||Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Exam Date||April 29 (UG), May 5 & 6 (PG)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 45% in 12th board exam for every paper|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online and Offline depending on the paper|
|Number of Papers||11|
Changes Introduced in UPSEE
- The application fee has increased from INR 1200 to INR 1300 for General/ Male/ OBC candidates. It has also increased from INR 600 to INR 650 rupees for SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female candidates.
- From 2018, the Counselling will be held in 3 rounds wherein students have to register for the first and second round only. The 3rd round of counselling will be a mop up round.
- UPSEE Counselling Process will be completed in 10 days. Earlier, it was held in 5 rounds.
- This year candidates can submit UPSEE 2018 application form with late fee also. Earlier, this facility was not available.
UPSEE 2018 Exam Dates
Here, students can check all the important dates of UPSEE 2018:
|Events related to UPSEE 2018||Dates|
|Application for UPSEE 2018 starts||January 23, 2018|
|Last date for making application|
|Availability of Admit cards||April 20, 2018 onwards|
|Date of exam||April 29 (UG), May 5 & 6 (PG)|
|Results declaration||First week of June 2018|
|Counselling begins||Second week of June 2018|
Schedule of Examination
UPSEE Papers for Courses Offered
Who can apply?
It is mandatory for all the applicants to fulfill all the eligibility conditions of UPSEE 2018 in order to fill the application form. Here are the Eligibility Criteria for all the courses covered under UPSEE.
|B.Tech/B.Pharma/B.Arch/BHMCT/BFAD/BFA||Intermediate Passed or equivalent|
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||B.Sc degree holder or Diploma holder|
|B. Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||Diploma holder in Pharmacy|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||BCA, B.Sc., (IT/Computer Science) degree holder|
|MBA/MCA||B.Sc Degree holder or equivalent|
Subject Combination Required
The subject combination required to be eligible for UPSEE 2018 for admission to first year of B.Tech. /B.Des./ B.Arch. / B. Pharm. / BHMCT / BFAD / BFA /MBA (Integrated) /MCA (Integrated) is tabulated below:
How to Apply for UPSEE 2018
The online form submission window for UPSEE 2018 closed on March 30. As per the official reports, approximately 1.7 lakh candidates have registered for the exam.
- Applications for UPSEE 2018 can be submitted through online mode only.
- Candidates can fill UPSEE Application Form by accessing the official website.
- Candidates filling the online application form also have to upload scanned images of signature, colored photograph and left hand thumb impression.
- Applicants need not send hard copy of filled-in application form/or any document to the University.
- The university may also provide the correction facility in the application form.
- After paying the application fee, candidates can take the printout of “confirmation page” for future record.
- Note down the application number which is printed on the confirmation page.
UPSEE 2018 Application fee
UPSEE 2018 application fee details are as follows:
|For Male/Transgender Candidates of General/OBC Category||INR 1300|
|For Female/SC/ST/PwD Category||INR 650|
Candidates can submit the application fee either through online mode that is debit card/ATM card, online wallet etc or through offline channels such as through bank mode, by filling in the challan issued by UPSEE 2018 conducting authority after filling the form (only if you choose offline pavement mode).
UPSEE 2018 Exam Centers
UPSEE 2018 would be held in various cities as given in the following tables. Candidates are advised to give 3 choices of examination cities.
- Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4 are OMR based tests and shall be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-I
- Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, and Paper 11 are Computer-based tests and shall be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-II.
Examination City Table-I
(OMR Based Test for Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4)
|Cities in State of U.P.|
|8.||Mau||25.||Kanpur Dehat||Cities in Other States|
|14.||Ambedkar Nagar||31.||Gautam Buddha Nagar||46.||Ranchi|
Examination City Table-II
(Computer Based Test for Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10 and Paper 11)
|3.||Allahabad||9.||Gautam Buddha Nagar||15.|
|4.||Ambedkar Nagar||10.||Moradabad||16.||Noida / Greater Noida|
- Candidates are advised to be very careful while giving their options for city of examination centre. Candidates are advised to choose cities of examination on the basis of the paper he/she has opted from the respective tables that are Examination City Table-I and/or Examination City Table-II.
- In case, candidate has opted papers in such a manner that some of these papers are the OMR based Tests (Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4) and some of these papers are Computer based Tests (Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, and Paper 11), the choices for city of examination must be chosen from the Examination City Table-II only.
UPSEE 2018 Admit Card
Issue of UPSEE Admit Card: April 20, 2018 onwards
UPSEE 2018 Admit Card will be released online at the official website www.upsee.nic.in. Admit card would be made available for download for a notified amount of time. After the notified time period the link for downloading admit cards would get disabled and no further downloads will be possible. Thus, candidates are advised to download the admit card as soon as they are published.
Candidates can download their UPSEE 2018 Admit Card by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the UPSEE 2018 official website.
- Click on UPSEE 2018 admit card.
- A login window will appear.
- Type your UPSEE 2018 application number and password to login and download the admit card.
- Window showing admit card will appear.
- Click on download admit card.
- After downloading the admit card take a printout of the same.
UPSEE 2018 Exam Pattern
Understanding of exam pattern is must for the good preparation. Exam pattern provides an overview about the question paper including the number of questions asked in exam, subjects covered, negative marking, etc. Paper 1 to Paper 4 would be conducted in offline mode whereas paper 5 to paper 11 would be conducted in computer based mode. The time allotted for each Paper would be 3 hours.
|Mode of examination||Online and offline (both depending upon exam)|
|Number of Questions asked||150|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Section in Paper||3 to 4 (depending upon the Course applied for)|
UPSEE 2018 Marking Scheme
Total marks scored by a candidate in UPSEE 2018 would be calculated based on the calculation of questions attempted and marks per question. The following marking scheme is applicable for UPSEE 2018.
- Every objective question would carry 4 marks. Marks would be awarded if the answer is found to be correct.
- More than one answer to a question would be treated as incorrect answer and no marks would be awarded in that case even if one of the marked answers is correct.
- There would be no negative marking however; a record of incorrect answer marked by candidate would be kept separately.
Check Detailed UPSEE 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates should start their preparations keeping in reference the syllabus for the particular sections asked in the exam and previous years question papers of UPSEE. Since the UPSEE 2018 Exam Paper 1 is on similar lines with other engineering entrance exam like JEE Main and Advanced, the syllabus is also quite similar and candidates should also refer to such exams for syllabus.
For reference, the table below represents the booklist for UPSEE 2018 Paper 1.
|NCERT part 1&2 class 12th||NCERT||8174506314 & 8174506713|
|Concepts of Physics H.C. Verma Vol 1 & 2||H.C.Verma||8177091875 & 8177092324|
|Understanding Physics series||D.C. Pandey||9350941732|
|NCERT chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 for Class XII||NCERT||8174506489 & 8174507167|
|Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur||P.Bahadur||9382314431|
|Organic Chemistry by Arihant (Theory & Paper)||O.P. Tandon||9382314415|
|Arihant Maths Series by S.K. Goyal for in-depth understanding and practice||S.K.Goyal||35203290X|
UPSEE 2018 Results
Release of Result: First week of June 2018
The results of UPSEE 2018 would be declared online at the official website. The exact date for the result announcement would be made public through the UPSEE 2018 official notification. Candidates would be able to check their results by undertaking the following simple steps.
- Visit UPSEE 2018 official website.
- Click on UPSEE 2018 Result
- Enter your 8-digit roll number.
- Click on submit.
- Your result would get displayed on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out.
Based on these results counselling will be done for allotment of seats under various disciplines of UG/PG courses.
UPSEE 2018 Cut off
The cut off percentage of marks for merit of qualified candidates is 25% (20% for candidates belonging from SC/ST category). Candidates who will qualify UPSEE Cut off criteria will be invited for the counselling round.
|Marks expected||Cut off rank (expected)|
|Below 120||Above 90000|
UPSEE 2018 Counselling
Based on the rank obtained by the candidate in the UPSEE 2018 a merit list will be prepared. Candidates scoring higher marks would be placed higher in the merit list whereas those scoring lower marks would hover at the bottom.
Candidates who will feature in the merit list would be called for document verification process. After the document verification candidates would be allowed to take part in registration and choice locking process.
Counselling process for UPSEE 2018 is expected to begin in 2nd week of June. UPSEE Counselling would be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the UPSEE 2018 merit list as well as the choice locked by the candidate at the time of choice locking process.
The procedure for counselling is as follows:
- Candidates shortlisted for counselling would have to pay the required registration fee to initiate the process.
- Registration fee would be INR 20,000 for general and OBC candidates and INR 12,000 for SC/ST candidates.
- The registration fee is adjustable at the time of taking admission.
- Candidate can freeze the seat that takes the seat allotted and quit the counselling process, float the seat that keeps the allotted seat on hold and go for further rounds of counselling, or Withdraw the seat allotted and also withdrew from the counselling process.
Ques. What is UPSEE?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) is a state level entrance test conducted by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) for admission to various institutions of the state for first year B.Tech, B.Pharm, B.Arch, B.Design, BHMCT, BFA, MBA, MCA, M.Pharm and M.Tech courses.
Ques. Are the applications submitted online or offline?
Ans. Applications can be submitted online only. No forms will be available offline or any of the participating institutes.
Ques. In case I have any issue while filling the application, whom should I contact?
Ans. In case of any queries regarding online applications, candidates can call at UPSEE helpdesk toll free number- 18001800161 by 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on working days. They can also send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. Is there any reservation criteria in UPSEE?
Ans. Yes, AKTU reserves seats for various category candidates of Uttar Pradesh (both horizontal and vertical reservation). Candidates outside UP will be considered as the General category candidates.
Ques. What is the application fee for UPSEE 2018?
Ans. The application fee for UPSEE differs as per various categories and is tabulated below:
|General/ OBC (Males and Transgender)||INR 1300|
|Females of all category/ SC/ ST||INR 650|
Ques. The transaction I did to pay the application fee has failed but the amount has been deducted from my account. What should I do?
Ans. If the transaction fails during the fee payment candidates will have to pay the exam fee again. The amount deducted in such case will be refunded to the source account within 5 working days.
Ques. I have not received the amount debited from my account during the failed transaction. Whom should I contact?
Ans. In case, the candidate doesn’t receive the amount within 5 working days, they may send the email at email@example.com in the following format:
Subject: Failed Transaction
- Application Number
- Transaction Number
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Number
Ques. What will all details be available on UPSEE scorecard?
Ans. The details given below will be printed on UPSEE 2018 scorecard:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- UPSEE 2018 rank
- Marks obtained in each section and total in UPSEE
- Photograph & Signature
Ques. How will the Merit list be prepared?
Ans. The merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
- Number of candidates who appeared for UPSEE
- Performance of candidates in UPSEE
- Previous year cut off
Ques. Is there any specific tie breaking criteria at the time of declaration of merit list?
Ans. Yes, in case of any tie between two students securing equal marks, preference will be given in following order:
- Marks obtained in Mathematics
- Marks obtained in Physics
- Marks obtained in Chemistry
- In case of same marks in all three section, age of the candidate will be considered for merit list preparation.
Ques. Can I collect my admit card through offline mode?
Ans. No, candidates will not receive admit cards through any of the offline modes. Admit cards will only be available at the official UPSEE website.
Ques. In case, there is any error in my admit card, what should I do?
Ans. Candidates in such cases must immediately contact the helpdesk. They must not tamper the admit card in any case. Discrepancies must be rectified before the exam.
Ques. Is it necessary to have Aadhar card while filing the form?
Ans. Yes, candidates will have to enter the Aadhar card number during filling the form.
Ques. I have passed class 12th from state other than Uttar Pradesh but my parents are domiciled in UP. Can I apply?
Ans. Yes, such candidates can apply for UPSEE and also they are eligible for reservations, if any.
Ques. Are the candidates appearing for final year of the qualifying exam, eligible to appear for test?
Ans. Yes, the candidates appearing in the final year examinations of the qualifying exam are eligible to apply subject to the condition that they submit the proof of educational qualification at the time of counselling.
Ques. Are there any specifications for documents to be uploaded with the application form?
Ans. Yes, candidates must ensure that the signature must be of maximum 3.5cm*1.5 cm dimension and not more than 30 kb. The photograph uploaded must contain the name of the candidate at the bottom and the maximum permissible size is 100 kb.
Ques. Can I get the print of confirmation page later?
Ans. Yes, candidates can log in with their Registration Number and Password later at UPSEE portal. The confirmation page will be available.
Ques. What is the penalty for incorrect answers?
Ans. There is no provision for negative marking in the test.
Ques. In case I have filled incorrect details, can I make corrections?
Ans. Yes, ones the form filling dates are over, AKTU will open correction window to make any changes in the details filled in the application form. Following details cannot be corrected:
- Applicant’s name
- Aadhar number
- Parents domicile
- Date of Birth
Ques. The photograph I have uploaded doesn’t have any name on the bottom. Can this also be changed during correction?
Ans. During the UPSEE form correction window candidates are not allowed to change any documents uploaded.
Ques. Can the entries be corrected offline?
Ans. No, the correction window will open only online. No corrections will be entertained through offline mode.
Ques. I have passed HSC from Rajasthan but hold domicile certificate of UP, can I claim rural weightage for B.Tech admissions?
Ans. No, any candidate passing the qualifying exam from other state is not eligible for admissions under rural weightage.
Ques. Where should I send the hardcopies of the filled in application form?
Ans. Applications forms will be submitted online only. There is no need to send the hardcopies.
Ques. For how long do I require the admit card?
Ans. Admit card must be preserved till the entire admission process is complete.
Ques. What are the documents required during the counselling process?
Ans. Candidates will require following documents at the time of counselling:
- UPSEE 2018 Admit Card
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate
- GDDA Certificate (if applicable)
- Rural weightage certificate (if applicable
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College