UPESEAT 2018 (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test) is conducted in offline mode i.e. Pen and Paper mode. It is scheduled in the month of April once a year. UPESEAT is university level entrance exam conducted by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun. It is conducted for the aspirants seeking admission in various under graduate and postgraduate engineering courses.
- Candidates can fill the online application form from the official website of UPES from third week of January 2018.
- UPESEAT 2018 Application Form can be filled till fourth week of March 2018.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of INR 1850. Without the application fee payment Application Form will not be submitted.
- Aspirants must have completed class 10 and 10+2 examination from a recognized board to be eligible for UPESEAT.
- Minimum 60% marks must be scored in 10+2 examination to fill the application form.
Candidates can download their Admit card from first week of April 2018 through the official website of UPES. Admit Card will contain all the important information regarding candidates and examination time, and center. Other information related to UPESEAT 2018 has been covered here.
UPESEAT 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates can fill the application form from the official website from January, 2018. Candidates are advised to fill the application form before the last date to avoid last minute rush. Last date to fill online application form is in March 2018. UPES will release Admit card in first week of April 2018. UPESEAT 2018 is scheduled for April 2018. Given below are the important date for UPESEAT 2018 candidate can check. The date given below are tentative and can be changed.
|Online application form begins from||January, 2018|
|Last date to fill Online application form||March, 2018|
|Last date for payment submission||March, 2018|
|Corrections in filled-in application form||March, 2018|
|Availability of admit card||April, 2018|
|Entrance examination date||April, 2018|
|Declaration of Results||May, 2018|
|UPSEE 2018 Counselling begins from||June, 2018|
UPESEAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the UPESEAT 2018 Application Form, candidates must check their eligibility criteria. If the candidates are not able to satisfy the eligibility criteria, his/her form will be rejected at any stage. Candidates must have completed class 10 and 10+2 exams from a recognized university and must have secure 60% marks.
Candidates should have born on or after October 1, 1996.
Exam Pathway (Up to 80% seat distribution)
- Candidates must have passed their class 10 and 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum of 60% marks must be secured in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must qualify their 10+2 exam with PCM and secure at least aggregate 60% marks.
Non-Examination Pathway (Up to 20% seats distribution)
For Board Merit:
- Candidates must have completed their class 10 and 10+2 examination from a recognized board
- Obtain at least 80% marks in the qualifying examination
- Candidates must pass their Senior Secondary level examination with PCM and score minimum 60% aggregate marks.
For JEE Main Merit:
- Candidates must have qualified higher and the Senior Secondary level examination from a recognized board
- Candidates have to secure a minimum 60% marks in the 10+2 examination.
- Candidates must pass their 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
UPESEAT 2018 Application Form
UPESEAT 2018 Application Form will be released in third week of January 2018. Candidates can fill the Online Application form before the fourth week of March 2018. Candidates should fill all the required details carefully in the Application Form. Candidates can fill the application form online as well as offline. Given below are the steps to fill the application form.
- Visit the official website of UPSEAT
- Fill the required information in the Application form like
- Personal details
- Basic details
- Educational details
- Communicational details, etc.
- Upload the photograph in the application form
- Fill the application fee through Credit Card/ debit Card/ Net Banking
- Print the confirmation page for future purposes
- Candidates can obtain the Admission form from the admission counters at Delhi/Dehradun/Ahmedabad/Chandigarh/Cochin/Coimbatore/Hyderabad/Kolkata/ Mumbai
- Candidates can make payment of application form through DD in favor of “UPES Fee Account”, payable at New Delhi.
UPESEAT 2018 Application Fee Payment
After the filling of Application form, candidates have to make payment. Without the payment of Application fee, Application form will not be submitted. Once the application payment is done it will not be refunded. Candidates paying through cash will have to make payment of INR 1750. Candidates making payment through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or Challan have to pay INR 1850.
|Payment Mode||Payment Fee|
|Application Fee through DD / Online||1850|
|Application Fee through Cash||1750|
UPESEAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit card from the official website of UPES. Admit Card will be released by UPES in the first week of April 2018. Admit Card is an important document to be carried on the day of exam. Without the admit card entry will not be allowed in the examination hall. Admit card act as an identity proof, candidates must preserve even after the exam.
Given below are the steps to download UPESEAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website.
- Click on ‘Admit card’
- Fill the required information
- Take print out of the Admit Card and preserve it for future references.
- Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidates Name
- Contact Details
- Candidates Photograph
- Examination Centre
- Timing of the Exam
UPESEAT 2018 Exam Center
Candidates can select the choice of exam center from the options given below in the application form. Once the exam center is allotted to the candidates it would not be changed. There are total 56 center candidates can choose from. Candidates must choose the exam center as per their convenience.
|City Name||City Code||City Name||City Code|
UPESEAT 2018 Exam Pattern
UPESEAT 2018 exam is conducted in an offline mode i.e. pen and paper based. The type of question paper is objective type having MCQ questions. There are a total number of 200 questions in the question paper. Each question carries one mark. UPESEAT is of 200 marks to be completed in a duration of 3 hours. The question paper will be available in English language only. There is no negative marking for the incorrect response.
|Exam Mode||Pen and paper based mode (Offline)|
|Number of questions||200 questions|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|UPSEAT Total marks||200 marks|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark per question|
The questions in UPESEAT checks the candidate’s knowledge of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English language and Current Affairs. The section of mathematics, physics and chemistry carries 50 questions. The section of English language carries 30 questions of 30 marks. The least number of question come from the section of Current affairs i.e. 20. The total number of question are 200 in UPESEAT.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
UPES have not prescribed any particular syllabus for UPESEAT 2018. Candidates can study the following subjects for UPESEAT 2018:
- Class 11 NCERT
- Class 12 NCERT
- JEE Main Syllabus for PCM section
- Current Affairs
UPESEAT 2018 Result
UPESEAT 2018 Result will be declared by UPES in the first week of June 2018. Candidates can check their result from the official website. The successful candidates will be called for counseling process. Candidates must preserve their result for future references. Candidates can check their result on the official website by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of UPSEAT
- Click on the link of Result
- Provide the credentials like roll number, application number and date of birth in the given space
- Click on button ‘Submit’
- Download the result and take print out.
UPESEAT 2018 Counselling
Counselling process will begin from the fourth week of July 2018. Candidates who manage to clear UPESEAT 2018 will become eligible for counselling process. The counseling process will begin from the month of July, 2018. Candidates have to make payment of INR 500 for the counselling process. Candidates have to bring all the original documents on the day of counseling.
There will be a different Counseling process for JEE Main merit holder/board Merit and UPESEAT Merit holders.