UPES DAT 2018
Design Aptitude Test (DAT) is conducted by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES). Popularly referred as UPES DAT, the entrance exam is conducted to offer admission to candidates in various design courses offered by the college under its School of Design Studies (SoDS). The college offers programs both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- UPES DAT 2018 will be both an online and offline test comprising of objective type multiple choice questions.
- UPES DAT 2018 for postgraduate course will be conducted online twice in February 2018 and April 2018, whereas entrance test for B.Des is conducted only once.
- For bachelor course, UPES DAT 2018 application process will end by April 3, 2018 and UPES DAT 2018 exam for B.Des is scheduled to be held between April,11 2018 to April 14, 2018 at www.upes.ac.in.
- UPES DAT 2018 Admit Card will be availableon the official website of UPES University, www.upes.ac.in in April, 2018.
- UPES DAT 2018 Admit Card will be available on the official website of UPES University, www.upes.ac.in
- Any discrepancy on the card needs to be corrected before the exam by contacting the concerned authorities.
- UPES DAT 2018 Results will be announced online only and no correspondence will be sent by conducting authority to candidates.
UPES DAT 2018 Highlights Table
UPES DAT is conducted for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Undergraduate program comprises B.Des Product Design/Transportation Design and BFA Fine Arts (Digital Arts).
Postgraduate program comprises M.Des Transportation Design and M.Des Industrial Design.
|Exam name||UPES DAT (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Design Aptitude Test)|
|Conducting Body||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES)|
|Mode of UPES DAT||Online/Offline|
|Medium of UPES DAT||English|
|Duration of UPES DAT||50 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions online||Objective Type Multiple Choice, 25|
|Type and Number of Questions offline||Creativity and Design Test|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate and postgraduate courses|
|Number of seats||140 in B Des and 60 in M Des|
UPES DAT Dates
|Last date for filling UPES DAT Application Form for B.Des||April 3, 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card available||April 2018|
|Exam Date for B.Des||April 11-14, 2018|
|Interview Date for B.Des.||Second week of April 2018|
|Last date for filling UPES DAT Application Form for second session M.Des||April 22, 2018|
|Exam Date (M.Des.)||April 27, 2018|
|Interview Date for M.Des.||May 6, 2018|
|UPES DAT 2018 Result||June 17, 2018|
UPES DAT 2018 Eligibility
For both the undergraduate and post-graduate programs, the eligibility criteria for UPES DAT 2018 will be different.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des Course
- Candidates should pass class 12 from a recognized school board with atleast 50% marks in both their Class 10 and Class 12 and aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be at least 50% if they want to sit for UPES DAT 2018 entrance exam.
- Candidates can also get admission to UPES DAT B.Des course without appearing for the exam. For this they must fulfill either of the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Candidates should atleast secured 65% marks in Class 10 and Class 12 Or
- Candidates should secure atleast 50% in Class 10 and Class 12 and should clear JEE MAIN or UCEED exam.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Des Course
- If candidates possess a valid CEED score, they can get admission in M.Des courses at UPES without appearing for the entrance test.
- They should score atleast 50% in class 10 and class 12.
- Either they should complete B.Tech/BE in any discipline/BFA (4 years duration) or they should complete BArch/B.Des/ BSc in Design (3 years) plus one year of foundation course of Applied Arts with atleast 50% marks. CheckUPES DAT Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1995 are eligible for admission.
- Date of Birth as given in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate only will be considered valid.
UPES DAT 2018 Application Form
Candidates can fill UPES DAT 2018 Application Form either in the online or offline mode.
UPES DAT 2018 Application Form and prospectus can be purchased for INR 1750 personally from admission counters at Ahmedabad, Delhi, Cochin, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Dehradun, Kolkata and Mumbai.
In the offline mode, registration forms for UPES DAT 2018 can also be purchased by sending a demand draft in favor of UPES Fee Account, payable at New Delhi. The address where the DD is to be sent is:
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Enrollments Office, UPES, 210, 2nd Floor, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi 110020.
In the online mode, candidates can fill the application form on the official website of the college www.upes.ac.in.
- Visit the site www.upes.ac.in.
- Click on the link as per domicile status – Indian Resident or Foreign Resident.
- A sign-up form is displayed. Sign up to buy the Admission Prospectus.
- Fill up all the details including the program that you are interested in.
- Click on the 'Submit' button.
- You will receive an email at your registered email-id.
- Click on the link provided in the email from UPES to verify your email id.
- Now your account is activated.
- Now fill up the Application Form online and follow the instructions given therein.
- After submitting the Application Form, Pay Online for UPES Prospectus and Application form.
- After completing the submission process successfully, take a copy of the completed application form for your future reference.
- On successful submission of your form, you will get an online application/registration number. Please store this number carefully for future reference.
The application fee for UPES DAT 2018 can be paid either online (by means of Credit card, Debit card or Net Banking) or by Demand Draft/Cash.
|Student’s Information||Application Fee|
|Indian Students||INR 1850 through online payment or demand draft|
|Indian Students||INR 1750 through cash|
|Foreign Students||US$ 75 (as per the prevailing conversion rate)|
UPES DAT 2018 Admit Card
With the submission of UPES DAT Application Form, admit card will be issued to eligible candidates few days before the entrance test. All admit cards will be released online. Candidates need to download and take a print-out of their UPES DAT 2018 Admit Card from the official website of UPES.
- Visit the site www.upes.ac.in.
- Search for the “Admit Card” options.
- Click on “UPES Admit Card” link.
- Select your desired course and exam
- Fill in the registered details and submit
- Your UPES DAT 2018 Admit Card will be displayed on your screen.
- Download it and take print-outs of the same.
- Affix your photograph in the space provided on the admit card.
UPES DAT 2018 Exam Centers
Candidates can refer to the following table for filling up the OMR/ Online Application form. Candidates are cautioned to fill the City code and shade correctly as the allotment of required test city will be based on this information only. Candidates need to give both first & second choice as per their city preference in OMR/Online Application form.
The test centers with their center code for UPES DAT Exam are given below:
UPES DAT 2018 Exam Pattern
UPES DAT 2018 for B.Des and M.Des programs will be conducted in two modes online and offline. Their details have been given below:
- UPES DAT 2018 Exam Pattern comprises objective type multiple choice questions.
- There will be 25 questions in total, carrying 4 marks each.
- Time duration to complete the paper will be 60 minutes.
- 2 marks will be deducted from each wrong answer.
- The offline test will be conducted at the interview centers allotted to candidates.
- The paper comprises three sections.
- Vehicle sketching section will comprise 50 marks
- Design Activity Section will carry 30 marks
- Creativity Analysis section will carry 20 marks
- Time duration to complete the paper will be 60 minutes.
UPES DAT 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights Table:
|Mode of Examination||Online/Offline (B.Des) Online (M.Des)|
|Number of Questions||Online: 25 Offline: 100|
|Maximum Marks||Online 100; Offline 100|
|Duration of Exam||Online: 60 minutes; Offline: 60 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||Online: 4 sections, Offline: 3 sections|
UPES DAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for online and offline papers are completely different. The syllabus for each section is given below:
- General English- Precise and other descriptive questions, Essay, error recognition; spellings, vocabulary, sentence structure, synonyms, grammar and its usage, antonyms, phrases & idiomatic use of words.
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency- Graphs and tables, Data Interpretation based on text, Column graphs, Line charts, Bar Graphs, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram, Graphs representing Area, Critical reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Visual Reasoning, Assertion and Reasons, identifying Valid Inferences, Statements and Assumptions, Identifying Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Statements and Conclusions, Probably False, Definitely False kind of Statement, Definitely True, Linear arrangements, Puzzles, Matrix Arrangements, Syllogisms, Family Free – Identifying Relationship among Group of People, Functions, Symbol Based Problems, Sequencing, Coding and Decoding, Identifying Next Number in Series.
- General Awareness- Business, Current Affairs, Punch Line of Companies, Major Corporate Events, Top Officials of Big Companies, Books and Authors, History, Science, Geography, International, Famous Award and Prizes, Sports, World Records, Finance, Social Issues, Automobiles, Entertainment, Important quotations, Politics.
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning- Cause and Effect, Statements and Conclusions, Identifying Probably False, Probably True, Definitely True, Linear Arrangements, Definitely False Kind of Statement, Symbol-Based Problems, Matrix Arrangements, Direction Puzzles, Logical Buzzles, Relations Ship Puzzles.
- Vehicle Sketching- Visualizing and sketching skills
- Design Activity- Design and sketching skills with problem-solving ability
- Creativity Analysis- Understanding/awareness of everyday activities to judge the thought process of the students
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics||Erwin Kreyszig|
|Applied Physics||A.K Jha|
|English Language Comprehension||Multiple Authors|
|NIFT, NID & IIFT Entrance Exam Guide (01 Edition)||Dharmendra Mittal|
|NIFT / NID and IIFT Entrance Exam 2014||Mittal D|
UPES DAT 2018 Result
UPES DAT 2018 Result will be declared in March 2018 for February session and by June 2018 for May session. The list of shortlisted candidates for B.Des/M.Des programs will be declared at the official website of the university. Candidates can check their result on the website at www.upes.ac.in, by providing their application and roll number. Students who qualify the exam will be called for counseling and work portfolio presentation. All necessary documents and portfolio need to be presented at the time of interview and all the admission related formalities will be completed at that time only.
UPEC DAT 2018 Cut off
UPES will announce the cut off of UPES DAT 2018 for admissions to B.Des courses for the session 2018-19 soon after the declaration of the result. Candidates need to secure the cut off marks or minimum percentage of marks required for admissions to B.Des and M.Des courses offered by UPES. Those who secure the minimum cut off are called for counseling process.
UPES DAT 2018 Counselling
UPES will conduct the counselling of UPES DAT 2018 for those candidates who have successfully cleared the entrance test. Those who are eligible based on their JEE or UCEED ranks, will have their names listed on the merit list released on the official website.
- The counselling for admission will be conducted separately for the JEE Main 2018 and UCEED qualified candidates.
- UPES will follow a centralized counselling for UPES DAT 2018.
- The counselling letter will be allotted to eligible candidates.
- As per the ranking, candidates will be called for counselling.
- All the essential documents will have to carried by the candidate for the verification purpose.
Candidates need to carry the following documents at the counselling center:
- UPES DAT 2018 Counseling letter
- Four recent passport size photographs
- UPES DAT 2018 Admit Card
- Original and photo copies of mark sheets of Class 10 and 12
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College