Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 is a national level exam conducted by ERA Foundation for admission to B.E. and B. Tech courses. The exam is held once a year in the month of May 2018.
- Uni-GAUGE-E (Under Graduate Engineering Entrance Exam) is conducted online in online mode only.
- The exam is conducted across the country and the total mark of the exam is 180 marks.
- The question paper is divided into parts, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- There is no negative marking for the exam.
- The application form is filled online in the Uni-Gauge or ERA Website.
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Exam Highlights Table
|Date of Uni-Gauge 2018 Exam||May 2018|
|Conducting Body||Educational Rating and Assessment (ERA) Foundation|
|Mode of Uni-Gauge 2018 Exam||Online|
|Medium of Uni-Gauge 2018 Exam||English|
|Duration of Uni-Gauge 2018 Exam||3 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||180 (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|Courses Offered||B.E, B.Tech|
|Number of Seats||The university generally allots 15 – 20% of their seats|
Uni-GAUG-E 2018 Exam Dates
UNI-GAUGE Exam is conducted in the month of May 2018. Candidates can fill the Uni-GAUGE-E Application form till April 2018. Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Exam dates are given below in the table: -
|Commencement of Application Process||February 2018|
|Last date to submit Uni-GAUGE 2018 Application Form||April 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||May 2018|
|Date of examination||May 2018|
|Release of UNI-GAUGE 2018 Answer Key (on request)||May 2018|
|Declaration of Results||May 2018|
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Eligibility
UNI-GAUGE-E 2018 Eligibility criteria might differ for each university and special criteria may be applicable. However, the general list of criteria determined by ERA Foundation is as follows: -
Age- Candidates should have completed 17 years as on December 31st 2018.
- Candidates should be an Indian National
- Candidates of Indian Origin from specific Asian and African countries will be permitted
- If the candidate is a foreign national, he / she will have to submit necessary migration certificates
- Minimum Educational Qualification – 12th standard from a government recognised board.
- Subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Minimum Percentage – 45% (The board gives 5% exemption to candidates from SC / ST / OBC)
Note: - Candidates who have completed their diploma courses and awaiting 12th standard results can also apply.
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Application Form
Uni-GAUGE-E Application form is filled online and candidates have to fill a pre-registration form. The email ID entered by the candidate cannot be changed till completion of admission process.
- Candidates have to visit the Exam website and select the Apply tab
- Enter details like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, Authorised Identity Proof and Number
- The name and date of birth should be the same as the 12th certificate
- Authentic Email ID and mobile is mandatory as all communications are sent to it
- The authorised Government proof can be selected from the drop down and will include Driving License, Aadhar Card, Passport, etc
- Candidates should enter the selected proof number for validation purposes
A user name and password is sent to the candidate for communication purposes. Candidates are asked to keep it safely
Steps to fill the Uni-GAUGE 2018 Application Form are given below:-
- Candidates have to fill all the details asked in the form for successful registration.
- They have to select the exam details and opt whether they are selecting Uni-GAUGE or COMEDK or both.
- The section will ask for the personal details of the candidates. Some of these fields will be auto filled from the registration form.
- Enter Parents Details like name, ID Proof, etc.
- Candidates have to enter the complete address for communication.
- They can declare whether they are applying in PwD category in this segment.
- Students also have to fill the category details like Category, Linguistic Minority, Religious Minority, etc.
- They have to fill the Academic Details like class completed, board, percentage, School details, roll number, etc.
- Candidates have to upload the photograph, signature and Id Proof in the prescribed format
Photograph – Recent with light background and have 30mm x 45mm size
Signature – Signed in a white paper with a black pen and have 35mm x 80 mm size
ID Proof – Should have 35mm x 80 mm size
- Select the preferred exam centre and can select up to 3 centres
- Candidates can preview the application form before submission
Candidates will have to pay the exam fees for successful completion of application form submission
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Application Fee
Candidates can pay for UNI-GAUGE 2018 through online mode. They can pay through Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking. The fees will not be refunded by the university. Candidates should logout and re – login to confirm the successful completion of payment.
|UNI-GAUGE & COMEDK||INR 2000|
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Admit Card
UNI-GAUGE Online Test Admission Ticket can be downloaded from UNI-GAUGE website in the month of May. The admit card will contain details like Ticket Admission Number, Name, Address, Venue details, Exam Test, Identity proof details, Photo.
Candidates will not be permitted to write the exam without proper Admission Ticket. The Admission Ticket will not be mailed to the them.
The steps to download Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 are
- Candidates will have to visit the UNI-GAUGE website
- Candidates should login using their login credentials
- The admit card can download the admit card download link
- Candidates will have to print it and carry it with them
Check Detailed Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Admit Card
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Exam Centers
Uni-GAUGE-E exam centre is allotted on first come, first serve basis. Candidates can select up to 3 centres. The foundation will allot the exam centre based on availability. The exam centres are located across the country in all major cities.
Candidates can select the centres from their state. However, Era Foundation reserves the right to allot the exam centre to the candidates. Candidates will be intimated of the exam centre through the admission ticket.
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Exam Pattern
Uni-GAUGE-E contains Multiple Choice Questions and is divided into 3 segments. Each segment is composed of 60 questions and every right answer will be awarded 1 marks. There is no negative marking for the exam. The total mark of the exam is 180 marks. The exam is conducted for 3 hours and in online mode. The subjects of the exam include-
Physics – 60 marks
Chemistry – 60 marks
Mathematics – 60 marks
Candidates can attend the mock test in the Uni-Gauge website to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam. The mock test will be conducted for various subjects at different times.
Uni-GAUGE 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights Table is given below: -
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||180|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||3|
Check Detailed Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Exam Pattern
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus of UNI-GAUGE is the subjects learned in the 11th and 12th standard. However, the foundation has given a list of key important topics for the candidates to master.
|Physical World & Measurement||Oscillations and Waves|
|Laws of Motion||Electricity|
|Motion of Particle System||Radiation|
|Motion of Rigid Body||Electronic Devices|
|Bulk Matter||Perfect Gases|
|Gases & Liquids||Haloarenes|
|Chemical Equilibrium||Alcohols and Phenols|
|Solis State||Oxygen containing organic compounds|
|Redox Reactions||Nitrogen containing organic compounds|
|Electrochemistry||Bio molecules and Polymers|
|Block Elements||Environmental Chemistry|
|Sets. Relations, Functions||Geometry|
|Complex Numbers||Matrices and Determinants|
|Permutation and Combinations||Differential Equation|
|Theories||Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry|
Candidates can refer the below books for Uni-GAUGE preparation: -
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|38 Years' Chapter Wise Topic Wise Solved papers - Physics||D.C. Pandey|
|Concepts of Physics Vol I & II||H C Verma|
|ABC of Chemistry for class 11th & 12th||Modern|
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Result
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Result is announced in the month of May 2018. The result will be available in the form of score for each session and the overall percentile secured by the candidate.
Candidates can ask for re-evaluation if they have any concerns before the final date announced by the university. Requests post it will not be entertained after the final date.
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Score Card
The steps to download Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 are given below: -
- Candidates will have visit the Uni-Gauge Website.
- Select the entrance exam link from the drop-down link.
- Candidates should login using the credentials provided at the time of application submission.
- The result will be available in the result link.
- Candidates can print the result for future use.
Check Detailed Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Result
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Answer Key
Uni-Gauge does not release any answer key for the exam. However, the candidates can request for provisional answer key through the online form available in his login. Candidates will be expected to pay Rs.500 fees for answer key.
The foundation will refund the fees if the query is valid and right. However, the fees will not be refunded if the query raised is wrong. The decision of the foundation will be final. There is no separate merit list released by ERA foundation.
Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 Counselling
ERA Foundation does not conduct any counselling directly or indirectly. The foundation does not have any influence on the counselling process. Candidates can refer the list of universities affiliated with the foundation in the exam website. The list of universities is : -
- M.S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka
- SCSVMV University, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
- Manav Rachna International University, Delhi
- Saveetha University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
- REVA University, Bangalore, Karnataka
- K L University, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
- Karpagam University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Kaziranga University, Jorhat, Assam
- Dayananda Sagar University, Bangalore,Karnataka
- Ajeenkya DY Patil Universitity, Pune, Maharashtra
- MIT ADT University (MIT Art, Design and Technology University), Pune, Maharashtra
The counselling process can be online or offline based on the university and the number of rounds will be as per the university guidelines
Steps of Counselling are given below: -
The steps involved in counselling might vary for each university. However, the general outline of the steps involved in counselling are as follows: -
- Candidates will have visit the list of university affiliated for Uni-Gauge courses
- Each university will contain a description of the university, course offered and the link for the detailed description
- Students can also visit the university website for detailed instruction
- Applicants will have submitted the application form by online or offline as instructed by the university along with the UNI-GAUGE scores
- Candidates might have to pay the counselling fees along with the application
- The university will notify the candidates of the counselling venue, time and date
- It will also release a merit list based on the score secured
- Candidate can pay the admission fees and select the desired course
It is mandatory for candidates to carry their original documents at the time of counselling. The list of documents is as follows: -
- 10th certificate
- 12th certificate
- UNI-GAUGE Score Card
- Category certificate
- Authorised government Identity proof