UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design) 2018 will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay under the supervision of UCEED Admissions Committee, 2018. It is scheduled to be held across 19 cities throughout the country. Candidates belonging to different categories have their seat reservation as per the rules of the Government of India.
- The exam is scheduled to be held on January, 2018.
- All types of candidates whether a national or a foreigner are eligible to appear for the entrance.
- Candidates who want to pursue a Bachelor Degree program in Design from institutes like: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) and Indian Institute of Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IITDMJ) have to sit for the UCEED 2018.
- UCEED Application Forms will be available from October 2017
- Application fee for the exam is INR 2000 for male candidates and INR 1000 for female and category candidates
- Candidates can download UCEED Admit Card 2018 form www.uceed.in
The exam will be computer based test held for total duration of 3 hours. The question paper will be in English with a total of 300 marks. The questions paper will consist of 3 sections, each one with a different marking scheme.
The seats available for the B.Des program depend on the colleges which are enlisted under UCEED Admission Committee.
- Number of Courses: 1
- Number of Seats available: 105
- Number of colleges: 3
Candidates must be aware that appearing for UCEED 2018 or qualifying in the merit list does not mean direct admission for the B.Des program. Instead they have to apply separately for admission after successful completion of the entrance. The score is valid only for the admission for the academic year 2018-19.
Highlights Table for UCEED 2018
|Date of Exam||January, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay under the supervision of UCEED Admissions Committee, 2018|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Type of Questions||Numerical Answer Type; Multiple Select Questions; Multiple Choice Questions|
|Courses Offered||Bachelor Degree in Designing|
|Number of Seats||105|
Dates for UCEED 2018
The dates below will assist the interested aspirants to be alert about the application form filling, commencement of examination, result and other related procedure.
|Starting of UCEED 2018 online application form filling||October 2017|
|Last date of UCEED 2018 online application form filling with the application fee||November 2017|
|Last date of online application form filling with late fee||November 2017|
|Availability of UCEED 2018 Admit cards||December 2017|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the Admit Cards||First week of January 2018|
|UCEED 2018 Examination||January 2018|
|Release of Answer key||Last week of January 2018|
|Declaration of Result||End of February 2018|
UCEED Eligibility 2018
An aspirant whether irrespective of their nationality, must satisfy each of the following three criteria in order to appear for UCEED 2018.
- Age Limit
If the candidate belongs to the Open or OBC-NCL category then he/she must be born on or after October 1, 1997. Whereas, if the candidate belongs to SC, ST or PwD category then he/she must be taken birth on or after October 1, 1992.
- Number of attempts
A candidate can appear for UCEED entrance for maximum of two consecutive years. It should be noted that the score of the UCEED examination will be valid for the admission of that corresponding year only.
- Qualifying examination
The applicants must have passed the qualifying examination i,e. 10+2 level or an equivalent examination from any recognized board in the year 2017 or will be appearing for the same in the year 2018. Students from all streams are eligible to apply. Those who appeared in the examination before 2017 are not eligible for UCEED, 2018.
UCEED Application Form 2018
Candidates should register themselves before appearing for UCEED 2018. Applications can be made online only through the application portal link from the website www.uceed.in.
The following things must be kept in mind before applying for the same:
- Candidates must satisfy all the eligibility criteria given above.
- Application is liable to be cancelled by the authority at a later date if it is found that the candidate is not satisfying any of the eligibility criteria.
- A recent colored passport size photograph to be taken within the last six months with front face view and in jpeg .jpg format.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s signature only in jpeg.jpg format on a white paper.
- Qualifying examination certificate, if any in pdf format only.
- Candidates who are awaiting the qualifying examination results have to upload a certificate issued by the principal of the school in pdf format.
- If there is a dispute in the name of the candidate, a gazette notification showing the change in name is required to be uploaded (in pdf formats).
- Caste certificates and disability certificates, if any is mandatory to be uploaded with the rest of the above documents. (in pdf formats)
It is completely the candidates’ responsibility to provide correct information and documents in the required format while filling up the application form. Application forms will be rejected and will be considered invalid in case or errors in it.
The fee structure for the UCEED 2018 is as follows:
|Open/OBC-NCL||Rs. 2000||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000|
** The third section represents the trans-genders, eunuchs and hijras.
The application fee structure given above is excluding all kind of charges that the bank may charge. A late fee of Rs. 500 is charged if an applicant submits the Application fee after the closing date. The application fee is not refundable under any circumstances whatsoever.
UCEED Admit Card 2018
- The admit card will consists the details of the candidate like: name, UCEED application ID, Roll Number, photograph, signature, examination schedule, examination venue details and instruction to the candidates.
- Applicants must have a preview of all the entries in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, she/he must contact the chairperson of UCEED 2018 via email before the specified date.
- Applicants who are unable to download the admit card should contact the chairperson of UCEED 2018 at the earliest through email or phone.
- A printed copy of the admit card is compulsory to be produced on the examination day.
UCEED Exam Centers
UCEED is scheduled to be held in the following cities:
It is mandatory for the candidates to choose any of the above 3 cities as preference for their examination center. The preferences cannot be changed once the application is submitted. A city may have more than one examination venue.
If a minimum number of candidates is not available in a listed city then the city may be dropped down from the list. In such cases the candidates will be allotted their examination center according to the second or third choice. The exam conducting authority may add a new city or remove an existing one depending upon the contingencies.
UCEED Exam Pattern 2018
UCEED 2018 will be a Computer Based Test. There will be one question paper of 300 marks. The exam will be held for duration of 3 hours. The medium of question will be English. The question paper will consist of 3 sections:
- Section A: This section comprises Numerical Answer Type Questions. In case of these questions the answer will be a number which is needed to be entered using the virtual keyboard. No options are given for the answers. Negative marking is not applicable. Each correct answer is allotted 4 marks and un-attempted questions are given zero mark.
- Section B: The multiple select questions in this section have one or more correct answer out of the four choices as given. Correct answers are awarded 4 marks and no negative marking is done. There is no marks allotment for not attempted questions.
- Section C: The multiple choice questions in this section have one correct answer out of the four given choices. Each correct answer will be given 3 marks whereas each incorrect answer will be given -1 mark. There is no mark for un-attempted questions.
The exam highlight table below is the briefing of all the exam pattern related information:
|Mode of examination||Computer Based Test|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||3|
The questions will be covered from the following six topics:
|Visualization and Spatial Ability|
|Pictorial and Diagrammatic Questions|
|Manipulation of 2D and 3D shapes and their spatial relationships|
|Knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific objects|
|Observation and Design Sensitivity|
|Environmental and Social Awareness|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning|
|Language and Creativity|
|Design Thinking and Problem Solving|
The books for preparing UCEED 2018 are available online. Some of the best books for the entrance are suggested below:
|Name of the Books||Name of the Author/Publisher|
|UCEED Study Materials||AFAINDIA|
|UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness in Design Perspective Combined with Mental and Verbal Aptitude||Sreejanshilpa|
UCEED Results 2018
UCEED Results 2018 will be declared in the last week of February 2018. The result will be available on the UCEED website. Aspirants need to log in with their login Id and password in order to view the result. Qualified candidates will be able to download their scorecard few days after the declaration of the result. The dates for downloading the score card will be announced by the examination authority.
UCEED Cut off
The rank list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks of UCEED 2018. However, if the exam is held in two sessions then the rank list will be determined on the basis of the normal total marks. There will be only one rank list irrespective of all the categories.
If two or more candidates score the same then tie-breaking procedure will be obtained:
- The candidate who scores more in section B will be awarded a higher rank.
- If the tie persists the candidate who obtains more score in section A will be preferred.
- If still there is a tie after the above two processes, then both the candidates will be awarded the same rank.
Candidates who are able to score the minimum qualifying marks both section-wise and the overall sections are the one who will be included in the rank list.
The table shows the marks structure of the previous year’s rank list:
|Merit List||Minimum percentage marks in each section||Minimum Total Marks|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10||100|
|OBC-NRL Rank List||9||90|
|SC Rank List||5||50|
|ST Rank List||5||50|
|PwD Rank List||5||50|
UCEED Commission has full right to regulate the qualifying marks section-wise and on the overall marks. In such cases the total marks will be calculated on 10xN basis. ‘N’ is the total number of available seats.
UCEED Counselling 2018
UCEED does not include any such counseling procedure. Nevertheless, it has two parts for the admission. Part 1 is all about UCEED 2018 entrance exam and Part 2 is the joint seat allocation for the B.Des program in the enlisted institutes.
After successful completion of UCEED entrance examination, candidates need to apply for the admission in all the enlisted colleges. Once they apply for the enlisted institutes the candidates need to fill a common application form available at UCEED Commission website. Candidates are then able to fill up their personal choices related to the colleges in the application form. The processing fee of the application is INR 1000 irrespective of all categories and genders.