TSICET 2018 Application Form, Exam Date, Notification
TSICET 2018 is a state level entrance test for admission to MBA and MCA courses of all the Universities in Telangana State and their affiliated institutes. Kakatiya University, Warangal conducts, TSICET on the behalf of Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE).
Here are they key highlights of TSICET 2018:
- The official notification for Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TSICET) 2018 is expected to release in February 2018.
- TSICET Application Form will be released in March 2018 at the official website.
- All candidates who fulfill the minimum TSICET Eligibility can register themselves for the exam.
- TSICET 2018 Exam Date is in May 2018. The test will be of 2.5 hours. Read TSICET Exam Pattern
The conducting authority will declare TSICET Result in the month of May 2018. Candidates from General Category must secure a minimum of 25%, while there is no such criteria for candidates from reserved categories. The total number of available seats in Telangana are 28,174. The intake may change this year. Keep watching this space for more updates.
TSICET Exam Highlights
|TSICET 2018 Exam Date||May 2018|
|Exam Name||Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TSICET)|
|Conducting Body||Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE)/ Kakatiya University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 30 Minutes (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 Objective Type Questions|
|Sections||Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability|
|Courses Offered||MBA and MCA|
|TSICET Help Desk||0870-2438088|
TSICET 2018 Exam Date
The schedule for TSICET 2018 will release sson. Candidates can apply for TSICET at the official website. The last date of form submission is in May 2018. The table below elucidates the schedule for TSICET exam:
|Release of TSICET 2018 Notification||February 2018|
|Release of TSICET 2018 Application Form||March 2018|
|Last date to submit TSICET 2018 Application Form (without late fee)||April 2018|
|Last date to submit TSICET 2018 Application Form (with late fee of INR 500/-)||April 2018|
|Last date to submit TSICET 2018 Application Form (with late fee of INR 2000/-)||May 2018|
|Last date to submit TSICET 2018 Application Form (with late fee of INR 5000/-)||May 2018|
|Last date to submit TSICET 2018 Application Form (with late fee of INR 10000/-)||May 2018|
|Availablity of TSICET 2018 Admit Card||April 2018|
|TSICET 2018 Exam Date||May 2018|
|Release of Official Answer Key||May 2018|
|Last Date for submission of Objections in Answer Key||May 2018|
|Announcement of TSICET 2018 Result||May 2018|
TSICET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to fulfil TSICET eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for admission.It is the sole responsibility of the candidates to make sure that they satisfy all those criteria set by the conducting body. In case any candidate fails to fulfil TSICET Eligibility Criteria then their candidature will be liable for rejection at any stage of the Admission Procedure.
TSICET Eligibility Criteria notified by Kakatiya University is detailed below:
- An applicant must be an Indian National.
- He should satisfy local/non-local status requirements laid down in the Telangana State Educational Institutions (TSEI)
- The qualifying examination details set by the conducting body for MBA and MCA courses are detailed in the below table:
|Minimum Educational Qualification for TSICET|
|For MBA Applicants||Recognized Bachelor’s Degree Examination of minimum 3 years’ duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.|
|For MCA Applicants||Recognized Bachelor’s Degree examination of minimum 3 years’ duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories) in the qualifying examination with Mathematics at 10+2 level.|
- If the qualifying degree is obtained by distance mode then it should be recognised by the joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC
- Candidates who are in their final year of the qualifying examination can also apply provided their results will be declared on or before the TSICET Counselling Process
TSICET 2018 Application Form
- TSICET Application Formis available online at icet.tsche.ac.in. The registration process is completely online.
- Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling TSICET Application Form.
- TSICET 2018 Registration consists of the following steps:
Step 1: Registration and Payment
- Go to the official website: tsicet.org
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’
- ‘Registration Fee Payment Procedure’ web page will appear on the screen
- Pay TSICET 2018 Application Fee via online or offline moder.
- The registration fee for the TSICET is
- INR 250/- for SC/ST Candidates
- INR 350/- for Other Candidates
Those candidates who submit the application form after the first deadline have to pay a late fee. The late fee payment details are given below:
|Submission & Registration of Online Application on or before April 24, 2018||INR 500/- and with Registration Fee|
|Submission & Registration of Online Application on or before May 02, 2018||INR 2000/- with Registration Fee|
|Submission & Registration of Online Application on or before May 08, 2018||INR 5000/- with Registration Fee|
|Submission & Registration of Online Application on or before May 14, 2018||INR 10000/- with Registration Fee|
Step 2: TSICET 2018 Application Form Filling
Candidates have to fill the following details:
- Candidate’s Personal Details
- Qualifying Examination Details
- Exam Centre
- Candidates’ Category as mentioned in the Caste certificate.
- Local Area Status: AU (Andhra University), OU (Osmania University), SVU (Sri Venkateswara University) or Non-Local.
- SSC (10th class) or equivalent details
- Select whether Non-Minority / Minority.
- Special Category, if applicable, such as:
- NCC/ PH (Physically Handicapped)
- OH (Orthopaedically Handicapped)
- CAP (Children of Armed Personnel)
- VH (Visually Handicapped)
- HI (Hearing Impaired)
- Annual Income of the Parent
- Address for Correspondence, contact number and email ID
- Intermediate /Degree details
Step 3: Upload Photo and Signature
- Photograph Format: jpg file, Size: less than 30 KB
- Signature Format: jpg format, Size: less than 15 KB
Step 4: Accept the Declaration and Submit
Step 5: A preview of the filled in TSICET Application Form with a Registration ID will appear on the screen.
Step 6: The candidate must take a print out of this preview of the filled in TSICET Application Form for use at subsequent stages of the selection process.
TSICET 2018 Admit Card
- Candidatdes can download the TSICET 2018 Admit Card during the first week of May 2018 (tentative).
- It can be obtained from the official website i.e. icet.tsche.ac.in.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the exam without the Admit Card.
- TSICET 2018 Hall Ticket is also a necessary document for the Counselling Process and subsequent admission procedures.
How to download TSICET Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e. icet.tsche.ac.in.
- Click on ‘Download Hall Ticket’ link.
- Enter your Application No and Date of birth in DD/MM/YY format
- Click on ‘Get Hall Ticket’
- TSICET 2018 Hall Ticket will be generated
- Save it and take a clear print out the same
Discrepancy in TSICET Admit Card
If there are any kind of discrepancies in TSICET 2018 Hall Ticket or the candidates are unable to access the admit card, they must contact the conducting authority in the address given below:
University College of Commerce and Business Management
Kakatiya University, Vidyaranyapuri,
Warangal- 506009, Telangana
Contact No: 0870-2438088
TSICET 2018 Exam Centers
- The Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TSICET) is held across 16 Regional Test Centers in Telangana State.
- A candidate is given the choice to fill the city of his choice according to convenience during TSICET Application Process.
- However, the rights for the final allotment of the test center rests with the conducting authority. The finally alloted TSICET Exam Center is mentioned in the Admit Card.
- Mentioned below are the 16 regional test centers in Telangana, along with their codes:
|TSICET Test Center||Center Code|
TSICET 2018 Exam Pattern
TSICET 2018 is expected to be conducted in the third week of May 2018. The exam will be conducted in offline mode. TSICET Exam Pattern is decided by TSCHE each year. It has been similar over the years. Here are the highlights of TSICET 2018 Exam Pattern:
|TSICET Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Total Duration||150 minutes|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Total number of sections||3 (Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, Communication Ability)|
|Number of questions||Analytical Ability: 75; Mathematical Ability: 75; Communication Ability: 50|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of choices per question||4|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for correct answer; 0 marks for unanswered questions; No negative marking for incorrect answer|
TSICET Section-Wise Exam Pattern
Here is the sectional pattern for all the three sections in TSICET:
|Sections||Topics||No of questions|
|Section A- Analytical Ability||Data Sufficiency||20|
|Section B- Mathematical Ability||Arithmetical Ability||35|
|Algebraical and Geometrical Ability||30|
|Section C- Communication Ability||Vocabulary||10|
|Business and Computer Terminology||10|
|Duration of the test||150 minutes (2 hours)|
- TSICET Result will be announced in the last week of May 2018.
- The unreserved category candidates must secure at least 25% marks in order to qualify it.
- However, for the candidates of ST or SC categories, there are no such qualifying marks.
- Based on the TSICET 2018 Results, the conducting body will announce the Merit List.
- Candidates can check their individual TSICET 2018 Scorecard through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of TSICET
- Click on the link ‘TSICET 2018 Result’
- Enter Hall Ticket Number
- YourScorecard will be displayed on the screen
- Save and print copies for further use
TSICET 2018 Rank Card
- Along with the result, TSICET 2018 Rank Card will also be announced.
- By accessing individual Rank Cards, candidates can have an idea about their overall and category rank in the exam.
- Based on this rank, the conducting body will release a merit list which will be considered for seat allotment.
- Steps to check individual TSICET 2018 Rank Card are as follows:
- Visit to the official website of TSICET
- Click on the ‘TSICET 2018 Rank Card’ link
- Enter the Hall Ticket Number
- Upon clicking the submit button, TSICET 2018 Rank Card will be generated
TSICET 2018 Answer Key
- The exam conducting authority will publish two Answer Keys i.e. Preliminary and Final answer key of TSICET 2018 on its official portal.
- The preliminary answer key will be released three days after the conclusion of written exam.
- Candidates will be able to calculate their marks before the result announcement.
- Candidates can also submit their objection on primary answer key if any, to the office of the Convener, TSICET-2018 through e-mail / Speed or Registered Post or in person within six days after publication of the preliminary answer key.
- Final answer key will be published along with TSICET 2018 Results.
TSICET 2018 Merit List
- Kakatiya University, Warangal, will publish separate merit list for both the courses based on the candidates’ performance in the entrance test.
- Only those students who will score more than the cutoff marks will be considered as the qualified candidates and will be considered in the Merit List.
TSICET 2018 Cut off
TSICET Cut off is the minimum score required to secure admission in MBA and MBA courses offered by various colleges and institute in the state of Telangana.
- TSICET cut off will depend on a lot of factors such as:
- The number of applicants,
- The number of seats available,
- Previous year cut off marks and the difficulty levels of the entrance test.
TSICET 2018 cut off will be prepared few days after the declaration of TSICET 2018 Results based on the candidates’ performance in the written test. Candidates have to score minimum 25% marks in the entrance test (no minimum marks in case of SC/ST candidates) to qualify for the counselling rounds.
Ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam. Separate Reserved category list will also be prepared. Based on candidate’s performance, they will be called for Counselling procedure
TSICET 2018 Counselling
- Once the results are declared, the conducting body will announce the counselling schedule on the official website.
- Based on this TSICET Merit list, qualified candidates will proceed for the TSICET 2018 Counselling Process.
- Admission to 85% of seats shall be reserved for the local candidates.
- 15% of the seats shall be left unreserved, as specified in the AP Educational Institutions order 1974 as amended.
TSICET 2018 Counsellingwill contain various steps which are discussed below:
- Registration: All the candidates who are selected for TSICET Counselling,must register themselves by filling the registration form at the counselling centre.
- Certificate verification: Once the registration is done, the candidates must report to the counselling centre with the required list of documents mentioned below for certificate verification.
- Online Web Options Entry & Freezing or Locking of Options: After the certificate verification, the conducting body will release an online portal for the candidates where they have to enter their preference of colleges in the online portal and lock it.
- TSICET 2018 Seat Allotment: During the seat allotment process, those choices that have been locked before the deadline will be considered for seat allocation. The final seat allotment will be made on the basis of the Merit list and availability of seats apart from the candidate’s choice.
- Payment of Fee and Reporting in allotted college: The next step is the payment of the fee. Candidates are required to download the bank challan from the online website. The fee can be paid in any of the Andhra Bank or Indian Bank in the state of Telangana. Candidates will receive a proof of the payment and with this receipt, the candidates must report to the allotted colleges.
Documents to Carry for TSICET Counselling
Candidates appearing for TSICET Counselling are required to take certain documents to the counselling centre. Candidates of all categories must carry these documents:
- Rank Card
- TSICET Admit Card
- Mark sheet of SSC / Intermediate or Equivalent Qualifying Examination.
- Class IX to Degree Certificates.
- Caste & Income certificate issued on or after June 1, 2018.
- Transfer Certificate of Degree or Equivalent.
- Residence Certificate
- In the case of non-local candidates residential certificate of either of parents in Telangana for 10 years excluding the period of employment outside Telangana from Tehsildar.
- Aadhar Card
TSICET 2018 FAQs
Ques. How should I submit the Application Form of TSICET?
Ans. For TSICET 2018, the application form cannot be bought at designated centers and has to be submitted ONLY through ONLINE mode.
Ques. What are the various modes of payment of Registration fees?
Ans. There are two modes of payment. The first mode is through TS Online / AP Online / e-Seva / Mee Seva centers and the other mode is through Debit Card / Credit Card/Net Banking. The locations of TSOnline / APOnline / eSeva / Mee Seva centers are given on the official website.
Ques. How do I know that my application has been received and accepted after filling in the Online Application Form?
Ans. On successful submission of the Online Application Form, you will immediately receive an SMS on your mobile phone with the Registration number. Further, your “Filled In Online Application Form” containing all the details uploaded from database and typed by you along with the Registration number and the Barcode will be displayed instantly.
Ques. Should I upload any certificates at the time of registration?
Ans. No, you do not have to upload any certificates at the time of registration.
Ques. After completing the ONLINE application process and generating printable Application form, will I be able to login again to change my application data?
Ans. No, after submission of the ONLINE application form, a “Filled In Application Form” is generated. The candidate should take a print of the application form and hence, cannot modify the data. Therefore, the candidates are highly expected to be extra careful while filling the ONLINE application form. However, some of the fields (excluding Regional Test Centre) in the Filled In Online Application Form can be edited if the candidate write a request letter with relevant proofs addressing CONVENER, TSICET-2018 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Ques. I did some mistake in filling the details in Online Application. How can I change
Ans. Candidates are expected to be extra careful while filling TSICET application form. However, some of the fields (excluding Regional Test Centre) in the Filled In Online Application Form can be edited if the candidate write a request letter with relevant proofs addressing CONVENER, TSICET-2018 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. What if I don’t have an Email-id?
Ans. Email-id is not a mandatory detail but desirable as you might be intimated important information about TSICET-2018 from time to time to the given e-mail id.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College