TS PGECET Counselling will be conducted post declaration of result. Osmania University, conducting body of TS PGECET released the rank card on June 12, 2017 at pgecet.tsche.ac.in. The counselling is expected to commence in the 3rd week of July 2017.
TSCHE has announced the results for first phase of TS PGCET 2017 Counselling. Candidates need to login with their Hall Ticket No. and PGCET rank to view the allotment status and other details. Check Seat Allotment Details
Listed below are some important point relating to TS PGECET Counselling 2017:
- The counselling will be done via online mode
- Before that, candidates are required to go through certificate verification process. It will be done at various notified centers as per a defined schedule.
- Post verification, candidates can then exercise TS PGECET web options. This includes choice filling i.e. selecting a preferred university and seat is to be done.
- Counselling will be conducted separately for engineering, pharmacy, and technology streams
- TS PGECET Counselling will be conducted separately for GATE/ GPAT qualified candidates
- There will be 2 rounds of counselling and an open round to fill vacant seats
- The participating universities or institutes will set a standard TS PGECET Cut Off. In order to get admission, candidate needs to score the minimum cut off/ marks.
TS PGECET Counselling Dates 2017
TS PGECET, GATE or GPAT qualifying candidates have to appear for TS PGECET Web Counselling as per the pre-defined schedule. They have to report at various Help Line Centres as prescribed by Osmania University.
- To complete the counselling procedure, a non-refundable processing fee has to be made at the time of document verification
- If the same is not done, then a candidate’s attendance during the counselling will not be considered.
- The schedule for TS PGECET Counselling is defined as per a candidate’s category (General or Special Category)
TS PGECET Counselling Schedule (General Category)
Tabulated below is schedule for TS PGECET Counselling as per the qualifying exam with a candidate’s rank. One should make sure to reach the venue at least 30 minutes before the process commences. Candidates will be called as per the ranks secured by them in the state level exam.
|Date (tentative)||Time||Qualifying Exam||Ranks||Date for Option Entry (tentative)|
|July 2017||9 am||GATE||All eligible candidates||July 2017|
|July 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||1||200||July 2017|
|July 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||401||900||July 2017|
|July 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||1401||2000||July 2017|
|July 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||2601||3000||July 2017|
|July 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||3801||4000||July 2017|
|July 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||5101||6900||July 2017|
|1 pm||6901||Last rank|
TS PGECET Counselling Schedule (Special Category)
The following table consists counselling schedule for special category candidates. It is important to report at the venue at least 30 minutes before to ensure a smooth conduct of the admission process. Candidates falling under special category are as follows:
- NCC – National Cadet Corps
- CAP – Children of Armed Personnel
- PH – Physically Handicapped
- Sports Quota
|Date (tentative)||Qualifying Exam||Help Line Centre to Report|
|July 2017||GATE||Nizam College, Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad, Telangana|
TS PGECET Counselling Procedure
TS PGECET Counselling will be conducted in online mode. Candidates can access web counselling option from home/ helpline center/ cyber cafe or any place having good internet facility. A requisite fee is to be submitted for counselling registration in order to complete the process. The non-refundable processing fee is different for all categories. Candidates are requested to submit the amount at the time of certificate verification.
- Processing fee for SC/ ST category is INR 400
- Processing fee for Other category is INR 800
The following infographic indicates the steps involved in the counselling process of TS PGECET 2017.
Stage 1: TS PGECET Certificate Verification
The initial step before proceeding to counselling is to get all the certificates verified. For this, a proper session will be conducted. Candidate has to register for it and then they will be assigned a session with the timings and venue. It will be conducted as per the ranking of a candidate. Mentioned below is certificate verification schedule as per TS PGECET Ranks.
- Registration will be carried out at the assigned help center only.
- One must reach the venue and wait for official announcement from authorities
- Candidates need to submit TS PGECET Rank Card to the personnel at the entrance
- When a candidate’s rank is called, he/she has to pay the counselling fee. Post that TS PGECET registration form will be given to them.
- Fill details i.e. TS PGECET Hall Ticket Number and rank in the form
- The next announcement will be for document verification. Listed below are the documents required at the time of TS PGECET Certificate Verification:
For General category
- GATE/ GPAT/ PGECET rank card and PGECET hall ticket.
- Degree Certificate of marks of qualifying examination.
- Memo of SSC or its equivalent.
- Certificate from 10th to Graduation.
- Residence Certificate for preceding 7 years of the qualifying examination i.e. Graduation in respect of candidates who have a private study.
- Integrated community certificate issued by the authority in case of BC/SC/ST candidates.
- In case of non-local candidates, Residence certificate from M. R. O of either of parents in Telangana for 10 years is required.
- Transfer Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate issued by MRO after 01-01-2017 will only be considered.
- Minorities – Degree TC containing minority status.
For Special Category
- PH Category: Candidates who have 40% disability or above will be considered eligible and they have to produce a certificate issued by the District Medical Board.
- NCC & Sports Category: Candidates have to submit Original Documents issued by the concerned Competent Authority.
- CAP Category: Serving persons have to produce Service Certificate from the place of Work indicating the relationship with the Candidate. Candidates whose parents are domiciled in the State of Telangana are eligible to be considered under “CAP” Category”.
- Service Certificate issued by Zilla Sainik Welfare Officer
- Identity Card
- Discharge Book for verification
Stage 2: TS PGECET Web Counselling
Post-certificate verification, candidates have to move onto Stage 2. It involves choosing preferred colleges and locking the same. For final seat allotment, a candidate has to report at the university as per the time and date. The initial steps to be followed are as follows:
- Visit TS PGECET official website i.e. pgecet.tsche.ac.in
- Click on “TS PGECET Admission Open” Link.
- Read Important Instructions carefully before proceeding. After that, click on the “Exercise TS PGECET Web Options” link on the home page.
- The verification window will open and candidate have to fill all the required details i.e. Hall Ticket Number, (TS PGECET) / Registration No., (GATE/GPAT), Rank (TS PGECET/Score (GATE/GPAT), Registered Mobile Number and Registered Email ID.
- On clicking the Submit button a password is generated and sent to your registered mobile number and e-mail ID. Candidates have to enter the password in the “Login window”.
Step 1: Choice Filling
- After completing “Web Option Login Page” a new window will appear “Web Option” for selecting colleges, with details such as college code, course code, and District.
- Two types of filters are provided to minimize the selection list. One filter is in alphabetical order and another filter is based on the District.
- Candidates can select the college on the left side of window and add it the right side of the window, by clicking “ADD” button and make their priority list.
- Candidate can sort the priority list with the help of “Up” and “Down” buttons and can delete and modify their priority list as per their choice.
- After completing the priority list candidate can save their list by clicking “SAVE” button and then enter the password received via SMS, through virtual keyboard and click on “CONFIRM” button.
- The selected list gets saved in the server and displayed in the printed format.
- Saved options can be viewed and/or printed through the Print option link from home page also. Candidates can take out the print of the same and can verify their priority list.
Step 2: Freezing Option
The exercising of web options will be closed at 12:00 A.M. on the last date for web options as per the notification. Options registered in server will be frozen automatically on the last day and will be used for seat allotment of TS PGECET 2017.
Step 3: TS PGECET Seat Allotment
The final allotment done on the basis of web counselling will be considered final and shall not be changed under any circumstances. Candidates are advised to select college/ courses of their choice without any hesitation or confusion because final allotment will be based on their selection.
Students must keep their mobile with them while exercising options and ensure that the SMS is not blocked. Candidates must take out the print of allotment letter and report to the respective colleges on or before the date furnished on the allotment letter, failing which the candidate will lose the seat.
TS PGECET 2017 Counselling Do’s and Don’ts
Mentioned below are some important instructions that one must keep in mind at the time of counselling:
- Allotment will be done in order of preference of options, hence candidates are advised to select college/courses with utmost care.
- Candidates must check the college code properly before entering options.
- Do not select any option that you are not sure about.
- Do not use mobile/ tablets to exercise web counselling. Use only computer/ laptop.
- Do not use slow internet.
- Check that your mobile do not block SMS.
- Use Google chrome for better browsing.
- Do not use JAVA script blocker plugin.
- Ensure that pop-up window blocker is disabled
TS PGECET 2017 Participating Universities
TS PGECET is conducted every year to give admission into regular PG courses in Engineering, Technology and Pharmacy (M.E/ M.Tech.) courses. Listed below are the names of the universities accepting TS PGECET Scores:
|University Name||Admission Procedure|
|Kakatiya University, Warangal||Click Here|
|Palamuru University, Mahabubnagar||Click Here|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture And Fine Arts University, Hyderabad||Click Here|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad||(-)|
|Osmania University, Hyderabad||(-)|