TS PGECET 2018
TS PGECET, Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test, is conducted by the University College of Engineering, Osmania University once in every year, on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). Every year, TS PGECET is conducted in the month of May.
- TS PGECET is an online computer based exam with 120 objective type multiple choice questions.
- Aspirants are given 2 hours’ time is given for its completion.
- One mark is awarded for each correct answer and there is no provision for negative marking.
- TS PGECET 2018 Application Form will be available online in third week of March 2018.
- Last date to submit application form will be in April/May 2018.
- Admit card for TS PGECET will be available from third week of May 2018.
- The entrance test will be held anywhere between last week of May 2018.
- TS PGECET 2018 Results will be declared by mid June 2018 and admission process will tentatively start by September 2018
TS PGECET 2018 Highlights
|Date of TS PGECET exam||May-June 2018|
|Conducting Body||University College of Engineering, Osmania University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE)|
|Mode of TS PGECET||Online Computer Based|
|Medium of TS PGECET||English|
|Duration of TS PGECET||2 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type Multiple Choice Question, 120 Questions|
|Number of Seats||40,000|
|Sections||Separate sections for different disciplines. The course and their codes are given below:|
AS - Aerospace Engineering
BT - Bio Technology
CE - Civil Engineering
CH - Chemical Engineering
CS - Computer Science and Information Technology
EC - Electronics and Communication Engineering
EE - Electrical Engineering
EI - Instrumentation Engineering
ME - Mechanical Engineering
MT - Metallurgy
PY - Pharmacy
GG - Geo Engineering and Geo Informatics
NT - Nano Technology
FT - Food Technology
Tentative Exam Dates for TS PGECET 2018
TS PGECET 2018 exam notifications will be released by Telangana State Council of Higher Education in the month of March, in which the students need to download the Application form, fill in all the details, submit the form along with exam fees. The entrance exam will tentatively take place in last week of May 2018.
|Availability of application form||Third week of March 2018|
|Submission of Application Form without late fee||April 2018|
|Submission of Form with late fees (INR 500)||Last week of April 2018|
|Submission of form with late fee (INR 2000)||Second week of May 2018|
|Submission of form with late fee (INR 5000)||Third week of May 2018|
|Submission of form with a late fee (INR 10,000)||Last week of May 2018|
|Last date for Application Correction||April or May 2018|
|Downloading of Admit card||Third week of May 2018 onwards|
|Dates of Examination||Fourth week of May 2018|
|Result Declaration||Last week of June 2018|
|TS PGECET Counselling Date||Last week of August 2018|
Eligibility of TS PGECET 2018
To sit for TS PGECET 2018, all aspiring candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: All candidates should be of Indian National
- Domicile: Aspirants should belong to the state of Telangana. They should have the domicile certificate of the state.
- Local/non-local status: The local/non-local status of the candidates must be satisfied as per the admission requirements.
- Non Indian candidates: The candidates which are not of Indian National should fulfill the rules of the universities concerned.
- Educational qualification: The candidate should be a graduate in engineering/architecture/pharmacy (B.Tech/BE/BArch/ B.Pharm) with 50% aggregate marks for general category and 45% for SCs, STs.
- Age limit: There is no age limit for appearing for PGECET 2018 for the self-financed students. However, if the candidates want a Fee Reimbursement, then the maximum eligible age for SC/ ST and BC is 34 Years and for Minorities /Disabled/EBC the age limit is 30 years
Note: Candidates qualifying GATE will have to apply separately. They are eligible for direct admissions.
TS PGECET 2018 Application Form
There are two phases in the filling up of the admission forms online. TS PGECET 2018 Application Form will be available on the official website pgecet.tsche.ac.in. Follow these steps carefully to apply for TS PGECET 2018 entrance test:
- Register on the site http://pgecet.tsche.ac.in/ or www.osmania.ac.in.
- Pay the registration fee or application fee. This can be done through TS online centers or through a debit/ credit card.
- On receipt of the registration fees, you will receive a transaction ID.
- The candidates will receive the Registration number and transaction ID through an SMS on their registered mobile phone and through an email on their registered email id.
- Use the "Transaction ID" to log on to http://pgecet.tsche.ac.in/ or www.osmania.ac.in.
- Follow the instructions given and fill all the details in the Admission form.
- This include necessary details such as
- Place of Birth
- Parents Income
- Academic Qualifications
- Home Address
- Scanned image of photo and signature are also needed to be uploaded.
- Once all the details are filled, submit the Application Form.
- It is advisable for candidates to take a print out of the filled in application form for further reference.
The application fee has to be paid at the time of registration itself. The registration fee of TS PGECET is INR 800 (for General category) and INR 400 (for SC, ST category).
- The registration fee needs to be paid online through payment gateway (Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking).
- In case a student wants to sit for more than one test, separate registration fee has to be paid.
- TS PGECET also has the provision of submission of forms with late fee payment.
- Depending on the dates of submission of the forms, the application fee varies.
TS PGECET 2018 Admit Card
TS PGECET 2018 Admit Card is available from the official website. The Admit card has information such as
- Candidate's Name
- Roll Number
- Day and Date of exam
- Details of exam centre
You need to carry the Admit card on the day of the exam, without which you are not eligible to sit in the exam. The steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Log on to the site with your registration number
- Click on Download Hall Ticket for PGECET Entrance Test
- Enter Application number and other details carefully
- Click on Submit button.
- TS PGECET Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- Download it and take a printout of the hall ticket
TS PGECET 2018 Exam Center
Since 2015, there are only two regional centers for TS PGECET. TS PGECET 2018 will be conducted in the following two regions.
Candidates should make sure to fill the choice carefully before freezing all the information. Once the test center is allotted then it can not be changed later. Candidates should make sure to reach their center atleast 30 minutes before the exam commences.
TS PGECET 2018 Exam Pattern
It is essential for the appearing candidates to have complete knowledge about TS PGECET Exam Pattern. TS PGECET is an online mode of exam, the details of which are given below:
- Computer based test
- Medium of paper will be English only
- There are altogether 120 questions
- All questions will be of Objective Type
- One mark is given for each correct answer
- There is no negative marking
- Total exam duration is 2 hours
- Exam is held twice in a day from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon and 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM for different subjects
- For 2018 admission year, TS PGECET will be conducted for 16 (+/-) PG engineering disciplines
|Exam pattern Highlights|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Sections in Paper||One section related to the subject specialization chosen|
TS PGECET 2018 Syllabus
Check out in this table, the syllabus for different subjects that you are planning to sit for in TS PGECET 2018 exam. For more details of the syllabus, kindly visit the official website
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Digital Electronics|
Electrical and Electronic Measurements
Analytical, Optical Instrumentation
Signals Systems, and Communications
Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation
|Aerospace Engineering||AS||Flight Mechanics|
Basic Fluid Mechanics
Wind Tunnel Testing
Stress and Strain
Flight Vehicle Structures
Nonrotating propulsion components
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Atoms and Molecules|
Transition Metal Chemistry
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Data Communication and Network Technologies|
Internet Technology and Web Design
Basics of OS, Unix and Shell Programming
Information Storage and Management
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||Engineering Materials|
Machining and Machine Tool Operations
Metrology and Inspection
Computer Integrated Manufacturing
|Nano Technology||NT||Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials|
Fluid Mechanics and Heat transfer
Elements of Material Science
Advanced Material science
Molecular Biology and Genetics Process
Plant and Animal Biotechnology
Characteristics of animal cells
Recombinant DNA Technology
|Civil Engineering||CE||Structural Analysis|
Engineering Materials and Constructions
Engineering Economy and Management
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Network Theory Estimation and costing Power Systems|
Power Electronics and Drives
Analog and Digital Electronics
Basic Electrical Engineering
Concepts Basic Electronics
|Food Technology||-||Chemistry and Nutrition Microbiology|
Quality and Standards Food Engineering
|Pharmacy||-||Pharmacognosy and Phyto chemistry|
Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance
TS PGECET 2018 Recommended Books
Some popular preparation or reference books are given below:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|All India Telengana State Postgraduate Common Entrance Test (TS PGCET) Books 2017||S. Raju|
|GATE and PGECET for Computer Science and Information Technology Paperback||Ramaiah K. Dasaradh|
|Handbook of Computer Science & IT||Surbhi Mitra|
|PGECET (Mechanical Engineering) For AP & TS 2018 (Common To All) Competitive Exams||SIA Publishers & Distributors Pvt Ltd|
|Chapterwise Previous Years' Solved Papers 2016-2000 GATE Metallurgical Engineering||SK Goyal|
|Chapterwise GATE Chemistry Solved Papers (2016-2000)||Sanjay Saxena, Preeti Gupta|
|A Handbook for Civil Engineering||ME Team|
TS PGECET 2018 Result
Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE) will tentatively declare the results and rank cards of the candidates for TS PGECET in June. Candidates can check their result online on the official website-pgecet.tsche.ac.in
Steps to download/view the scorecard
- Visit the site pgecet.tsche.ac.in
- In the Home Page, search for the Results Section
- Click on the ‘TS PGECET Result’ button
- You are redirected to a new Page
- Enter your Registration number and other required details
- Your rank and marks are displayed
- Next download the rank card which is in pdf form
TS PGECET 2018 Answer Key
Before the declaration of final results and scorecard, TSCHE will release the Answer Key first. The Answer key provides the answers to the questions as given in the PGECET 2018 exam. The Answer Key will help the candidate to get a fair idea of his or her performance.
TS PGECET 2018 Cut Off
Cut Off is also displayed on the official website by TSCHE which help the aspiring candidate to assume his result in the entrance exam and also to know the qualifying marks according to the Osmania University Decision. Usually, the cut off marks are provided immediately after the Exam Completes.
The following factors will be considered under TS PGECET Cut Off Marks 2018, based on the previous year information.
- General category students need to secure the minimum cut off marks of 25% (30 marks) in TS PGECET 2018.
- For reserved category students, there will be no minimum marks and the total score can come under 30.
- According to the different branches, the ranks will be decided
TS PGECET 2018 Counselling
The counseling process will start after the results are declared. Most likely, for TS PGECET 2018, the counseling will start from last week of August 2018. It will be conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH) on behalf of TSCHE. Counseling session will help you to get a better idea of your course and future prospects, along with college details, faculty and placements.
Note: Counselling sessions are conducted at least three times. Candidates who do not get allotted seats in the first session can apply for counseling in the second and third session. The number of sessions depends on the number of candidates applying for the counseling session.
Document Required for Verification
The counseling session requires the following documents for verification
- TS PGECET 2018 Rank Card/ Scorecard
- Original class 10 marks
- Graduation Certificate
- Caste Certificate for reserved categories
- Domicile (Law) certificate of parents
- Income Certificate
- Original Aadhar Card or Residence certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College