TS LAWCET 2018 - Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test
TS LAWCET is a law entrance exam for admissions into 3 year and 5 year LLB courses offered by Telangana’s state Institutes/ colleges. Osmania University, Hyderabad will organise the exam on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).
TS LAWCET 2018 is scheduled for May 25. Nearly 20 thousand candidates apply online for Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test each year. Indian citizens satisfying local/ non-local status can register from March 2018. CheckTS LAWCET Eligibility
Highlights of TS LAWCET 2018
|Exam Name||Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Conducted by||Osmania University on behalf of TSCHE|
|Courses offered||3 year LLB, 5 year LLB/ BL and LLM|
|Participation Status||20000 approximately|
Important Dates for TS LAWCET 2018
The conducting body has released the exam dates for all the CETs. It has scheduled the law exam for May 25. The tentative schedule for Telangana law exam is tabulated below:
|Release of TS LAWCET 2018 Notification||March 2018|
|Commencement of TS LAWCET Registration||March 2018|
|Release of TS LAWCET Hall Ticket/ Admit Card||May 2018|
|TS LAWCET Exam||May 25, 2018|
|Release of Preliminary Key||May 2018|
|Submission of objections in Preliminary Key||June 2018|
|Final Result Declaration||June 2018|
TS LAWCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Osmania University will prescribe the eligibility criteria for Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test on behalf of TSCHE. However, the criteria may vary on the basis of the course opted by the candidate.
On the Basis of Nationality
- an Indian citizen
- Should satisfy local and non-local status
- Non-Indian nationals can also apply if they satisfy the admission rules of the participating Universities. CheckTS LAWCET Participating Colleges
On the Basis of Academic Qualifications
- For 3 year LLB Program
- Bachelor degree holder with a minimum of 45% marks from recognised University
- Bachelor degree holder SC/ ST category candidates with a minimum of 40% aggregate marks
- Less than the above-required marks in their primary graduate exam should have passed an additional graduation or post graduation degree with the required marks
- For 5-year Integrated LLB Program
- Intermediate graduates with at least 45% aggregate marks
- Intermediate SC/ ST graduates with at least 40% aggregate marks
- Qualifying examination should be recognised by either the Board o the Intermediate education board, Bar Council of India or the participating universities.
Read MoreTS LAWCET Eligibility
On the Basis of Age Limit
- For 3 year LLB Program – Maximum age to appear for the program is 30 years. However, there is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST candidates.
- For 5 year LLB Program – Maximum age to register for TS LAWCET 2018 5 year LLB program is 20 years. However, there is a relaxation of 2 years for SC/ ST candidates.
TS LAWCET 2018 Application Form
The application forms for TS LAWCET 2018 will be available in the second week of March. The registration will be purely done via online mode.
How to Apply for TS LAWCET?
- Visit the official website of TS LAWCET
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ link
- Pay the application fee via TS Online/ AP Online/ E-Seva/ Debit/ Credit Card
- Fill details- Candidate’s Details, Academic Details, About Exam, Uploading of Documents etc.
- Click on ‘Submit’ tab and preview the form before finally submitting it.
TS LAWCET Application Form Fee
Before starting TS LAWCET registration, candidates have to pay the application fee. It is decided by TSCHE and can be changed by the authority as per its discretion. Details of TS LAWCET Application Fee are given below
TS LAWCET 2018 Admit Card
Availability of Admit Card of TS LAWCET is expected to start from 3rd week of May 2018. The hall ticket will be available in online mode only. The steps to download admit card is listed below:
- Visit the official website of TS LAWCET.
- Login using the Registered ID and Password issued at the time of registration
- Click on ‘Download Hall ticket’ link.
- Enter Application Number and Date of Birth.
- The admit card will be displayed on the desktop
- Download and take printouts for further use.
TS LAWCET Exam Centers 2018
Exam center for TS LAWCET 2018 will be allotted to candidates as per their preferences listed at the time of registration. The allotment will be final and cannot be changed. The list of TS LAWCET Exam Cities is given below:
|Center||Code Number||Center||Code Number|
TS LAWCET 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus for the law exam majorly includes four subjects, which are General Knowledge, Mental Ability, Current Affairs along with Aptitude for the study of Law.
- For 5 year LLB Course, the standard expected is of Class 12/Intermediate level and for 3 year LLB Course, the standard expected is of Graduate/Degree Level.
- For questions on the topic Aptitude for the study of Law, beginner level knowledge of the basic principles of the Law and Constitution of India on the part of the candidate is assumed.
Important Topics are as follows:
|Subject||Topics to be Covered|
|General Knowledge||History of India, Geographical knowledge of India, Indian Culture and Heritage, Indian Polity, Basics of Indian Economy|
|Current Affairs||For this subject candidate needs to cover Indian and International Current affairs about Politics, Judiciary System, Economy, Sports, Entertainment, Awards, and Appointments.|
|Mental Ability||Syllabus for Mental Ability includes general reasoning topics such as Blood relations, Number series, Coding-Decoding, Syllogisms, Direction Sense, Sitting Arrangements, Analogies, Alphabet Series, Data Interpretation, Sequencing, Visual Puzzles|
|Aptitude for Study of Law||For this section candidate should have the ability to comprehend various facts, figures and legal principles which will be given to the question. Candidate will have to mark the best possible answer for the given case as per the question asked.|
TS LAWCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The online examination is scheduled for May 25, 2018. The exam pattern is designed in such a manner so as to test whether an aspirant possesses the ability as well as the aptitude to study law.
- As per TSLAWCET Exam Pattern candidates need to attempt 120 questions within 90 minutes.
- Maximum marks that can be scored is 120.
- Questions will be objective type in nature.
The distribution of questions as per sections is tabulated below:
|Section||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Knowledge and Mental Ability||30||30|
|Aptitude for the Study of Law||60||60|
|Total||120 Questions||120 Marks|
TS LAWCET Marking Scheme 2018
The total marks of the exam is declared by the conducting body. For this year, each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking in TS LAWCET 2018 i.e. no marks will be deducted for a wrong or unattempted answer. It is suggested to answer all the questions.
TS LAWCET 2018 Results
Result of TS LAWCET 2018 will be published on the official website in June 2018. Candidates will be ranked on the basis of marks scored in TS LAWCET 2018. With the results, rank card will also be releassed after few days.
Important Points to note about result:
- Before announcement of results, TSCHE releases the preliminary answer key in May 2018.
- There is a provision to challenge the answer keys as well.
- In 2nd week of June, TSCHE will release final answer key for TS LAWCET 2018 and the result for the same.
Steps to Check TS LAWCET Result 2018?
- Visit the official website of TS LAWCET exam
- Click on ‘Result’ link
- Enter TS LAWCET Hall Ticket Number
- Click ‘Submit’ tab
- Download and Save the result
Tie-Breaking Criteria in CET Law
The ranks are given on the basis of marks scored in the law examination. However, in case there is a tie, the following criteria will be followed to determine the rank:
- More marks in Aptitude for the Study of Law section will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still remains then Current Affairs section marks will be taken into consideration.
- If the tie still remains then age factor of candidates will be taken into consideration, i.e., older age will be given a higher rank.
TS LAWCET 2018 Cut off
TSCHE has set minimum qualifying marks criteria for admission in LLB courses. A candidate has to surpass this limit of minimum marks to be able to get admission.
Here are some details about qualifying marks criteria for the exam:
- The qualifying marks for General category are expected to be 35%, translating into 42 marks out of 120.
- There is no criteria of minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST category students.
TS LAWCET 2018 Counselling and Selection Process
After the declaration of results, candidates need to appear in the counselling process of various colleges and universities which come under TS LAWCET 2018. No candidate will be given admission in any course if he/she does not appear in the counselling process of respective institute.
Listed below are important documents required at the time of TS LAWCET Counselling:
- Result card of TS LAWCET 2018
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket of TS LAWCET 2018
- Detailed Marks Sheet of Class 12/ Secondary School Certificate or equivalent certificate
- Detailed Marks Sheet of Qualifying Degree/ Graduation or equivalent certificate
- Caste certificate or category certificate for ST or SC candidates
- Migration or Transfer certificate from previous institution
- Residence proof of candidate
- Income proof or certificate of candidate’s parents, in case the income of parents is below INR 2, 00,000
- Sports/NCC/CAP certificate (if any)
- Colored passport size pictures of the candidate
To avoid any hustle during the counselling process, candidates are advised picking up these documents with care before going for counselling in any of the colleges under TS LAWCET 2018.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College