TS EDCET is a common entrance examination conducted by the Government of Telangana for admission to B. Ed courses in various colleges. TS EDCET question paper consists of 150 Questions in total.
- Examination is held once every year for admission to various B/ Ed courses.
- There are 3 parts in which are General English, Teaching Aptitude+ General Knowledge, and Methodology which comprises of 25, 25, and, 100 marks respectively.
- Questions are Objective Type MCQ based.
- 1 mark is given for every correct answer while no negative marking is done for a wrong or unanswered question.
- The syllabus comprises of general questions from the topics which are usually a 10+2 level or B.A degree level.
- Telangana State Education Common Entrance test is conducted by Convener, TS EDCET 2017, Osmania University Hyderabad on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education on July 16, 2017.
|Number of Paper||1|
|Number of Sections||3 (General English, General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude, and Methodology.)|
|Question Paper type||MCQ based Objective type questions.|
|TS EDCET 2017 total marks||150 Marks|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
TS EDCET 2017 Exam Pattern
TS EDCET 2017 consists of 3 parts namely General English, General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude and Methodology. There are total 150 Questions of objective type answers.
1. Part A-
- Consists of two sub-parts- General English+ General Knowledge
- 1st sub-part consists of 25 marks and the second is of 15 marks which make it a total of 40 marks
2. Part B-
- Consists of 2 parts- General Knowledge+ Teaching aptitude.
- 1st sub-part is of 15 marks and the second part is of 10 marks.
3. Part C-
- 3rd part consists of methodology which is sub divided into various parts. Candidates can choose from the given options according to their preference.
- 1st sub-part comprises mathematics which comprises 100 questions and is of 100 marks.
- 2nd sub-part is of physical science which consists of 50+50 questions and comprises 100 marks.
- 3rd sub-part is of biological science which comprises 50+50 questions and 100 marks.
- 4th sub-part is of social studies and is divided into 35+30+15+20 that makes a total of 100 marks
- 5th sub-part is English which has 100 questions for 100 marks.
TS EDCET 2017 Marking Scheme
TS EDCET question paper consists of 3 parts consisting 150 questions in total. MCQ based objective type questions are asked in all the sections.
- Each correct answer will be awarded for 1 mark. No negative marking is done for any answer attempted wrong or left unanswered.
- Duration of the exam 2 hours and no extra time will be given to any candidate under any circumstances. General English, General Knowledge + Teaching Aptitude, and Methodology are 3 parts that a candidate has to attend.
- Candidates have to choose any one of the following subjects from the methodology section of the question paper in accordance with their interests.
- Part-C consists of 5 sections, all the sections have different marking scheme-
- Physical Science
- Biological science
- social Studies
|Part A||General English||-||25||25|
|Part B||General Knowledge||-||15||15|
|Teaching Aptitude ||-||10||10|
- Physical science
|50 50||50 50|
- Biological Science
|50 50||50 50|
- Social Studies
|35 30 15 20||35 30 15 20|
TS EDCET 2017 Exam Syllabus
Questions are designed to test the ability of the candidate’s application to the society and experience in their scientific outlook. The following topics are asked in the TS EDCET question paper-
|General English||Reading Comprehension|
|Correction of Sentences|
|Transformation of Sentences- Simple, Compound, and Complex|
|Direct speech and Indirect speech|
|General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude||General Knowledge questions relating to India and Its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy, and Scientific Research. |
|Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of day to day observations|
|Experience in a candidate’s scientific outlook as is expected of an educated person.|
|Questions to test the ability of a candidate’s general knowledge of the environment around him and its application.|
|One who has the characteristics like ability to communicate, deal with children, ability to recognize individual differences etc., to become an able teacher, questions relating to these aspects will be included and the test in one’s TEACHING APTITUDE.|
|Mathematics (Methodology)||Differential Equations|
|Groups and Rings|
|Multiple Integrals and Vector Calculus|
|Physics (Methodology)||Vector Analysis|
|Mechanics and particles|
|Mechanics and Rigid Bodies|
|Fundamentals of Vibration|
|Damped and forced oscillation|
|Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|Quantum Theory of Radiation|
|Polarization and Double Effraction|
|Laser Fiber Optics and Holography|
|Moving charge in electro and magnetic field|
|Varying and Alternative Currents|
|Maxwell’s equations and Electro Magnetic Waves|
|Solid State Physics|
|Chemistry (Methodology)||Atomic structure and Elementary Quantum Mechanics|
|s-block and p-block elements|
|Hard and Soft Acid bases|
|Stereochemistry of Carbon Compounds|
|Structural Theory in Organic Chemistry|
|Benzene and its Reactivity|
|Areness and polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons|
|Amino Acids and Proteins|
|Dilute solutions and Colligative Properties|
|Colloids and Surface Chemistry|
|Botany (Methodology)||Branches of Botany|
|Classification of Plant Kingdom|
|Tissue Organization and Growth|
|Plant Resources and their Utilization|
|Zoology (Methodology)||Protozoa to Annelid|
|Arthropod to hemicordata|
|Bio-molecules of the Cell|
|Protochordata to Amphibia|
|Reptilia to Mammalian|
|Ecology and Zoogeography|
|Physiology of Digestion|
|Physiology of Excretion|
|Physiology of Respiration|
|Physiology of Circulation|
|Physiology of Muscle Contraction|
|Physiology of Nerve impulse|
|Physiology of Endocrine System|
|Physiology of Homeostasis|
|Fisheries and Aquaculture|
|History (Methodology)||History of India up to 1526 AD|
|History of India-Later Medieval Period|
|History of Modern World|
|History and Culture of Telangana|
|Civics (Methodology)||Political Science-Concepts and theories|
|Public Administration- Concepts and Theories|
|Indian Government and Politics|
|Public Administration in India|
|Geography (Methodology)||Principles of Physical Geography|
|Social and Economic Geography|
|Regional Geography of India|
|Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System|
|Economics (Methodology)||Micro-Macro, Static-Dynamic, Normative and Positive Economics.|
|Cardinal and Ordinal Approaches, and Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility|
|Law of Variable Proportion and returns to scale|
|Different concepts of cost and their inter-relation|
|Concepts of National Income, Consumption, Investment, and Business cycles.|
|Meaning of Economic Development, and measures of Economics|
|Sources of Public Revenue|
|Taxes/VAT finance commission|
|Canons and Effects of Public Expenditure|
|Functions and Classification of Money|
|Budgets and Money Supply|
|Functions of Commercial and Reserve Banks|
|Method of Credit Control|
|Importance of Agriculture in the Indian Economy|
|Population growth in India|
|Mixed Economy-Characteristics, Features|
|Concept of Poverty|
|Types of Unemployment|
|Objective of Planning in India|
|Importance of Infrastructure|
|Organized and Unorganized sectors|
|English (Methodology)||Language and Literature|
|Forms of Poetry|
|Elements of Drama|
|Elements of Poetry|
|Elements of Fiction|
|Poetry from Elizabethan age to the pre-romantic era |
|Development of 16th and 17th century British Drama|
|Prose- Origin, and Development of the Essay|
|Fiction origin and development of the Novel|
|Origin and growth of English Literature|
*Topics for Poetry, Drama, Fiction and Prose will be provided by the university.
TS EDCET 2017 Important Books
There are a set of books which the students require to study for the entrance examination. Following is the list of those books-
|Methodology||B. Ed Social||TM Books|
|B. Ed Physics||TM Books|
|B. Ed Math||TM Books|
|B. Ed Biology||TM Books|
|B. Ed English||EM Books|
|B. Ed Hindi||HM Books|
|B. Ed Telugu||TM Books|
|EDCET Biological Science||-|
|EDCET Part A||-|
|EDCET Part B||-|
TS EDCET 2017 Important Instructions
TS EDCET Exam has some important instructions to be followed while giving the examination. Here are some important instructions are given by the Conducting Body Officials to be followed-
- Separate optical mark reader answer sheet is supplied with the question paper to the candidates.
- Use Black/Blue Ball Point Pen only for filling the following information-
- Hall Ticket Number in the space provided on the question paper.
- Question paper Booklet S. No, and Booklet Code
- If there are any defects in the OMR sheet or question paper, immediately ask the invigilator to change it with the same booklet code.
- Use of calculators, mathematical tools, log books, pagers, cell phones or any other electronic device is strictly prohibited.
- Use only H.B pencil to darken the appropriate circle corresponding to HT number, Booklet etc. on the OMR sheet.
- Darken the appropriate circle in the OMR sheet corresponding to the correct answer to the concerned question number with an HB pencil only. If you wish to change the answer, erase the answer and fill the correct circle.
- Darkening of more than one circle will be considered invalid automatically.