TS EAMCET 2018- Telangana Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test
TS EAMCET 2018 is a state level entrance exam conducted by JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University) on behalf of TSCHE. Through this exam, candidates are granted admission to the first year engineering/agriculture/medical courses at various colleges/ universities in the State of Telangana. Check TS EAMCET Participating Institutes
B.Tech Application Form for Manipal University closes in 10 days Click here.
Nearly 2 lakh candidates register for Telangana Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test. Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) has released the exam dates on December 28 at tsche.ac.in.
Listed below are quick facts about TS EAMCET 2018 –
- As per TS EAMCET Eligibility, candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The online registration will commence in the month of March. Check TS EAMCET Application Form
- All candidates who register successfully can appear for TS EAMCET exam May 2- 5, 2018. Practice TS EAMCET Model Papers
- Questions in the online examination will be objective in nature from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology. Check TS EAMCET Exam Pattern
- TS EAMCET Exam Centers numbers have reduced to 27 from 28 last year. Centres in Andhra Pradesh have been reduced to 3 from 13 last year. Choose TS EAMCET Exam Center
Highlights of TS EAMCET 2018
The state level examination is conducted for admissions to various Telangana colleges/ universities. Candidates willing to pursue a professional UG degree in engineering or agriculture courses have to appear for the exam.
- To apply for Pharmacy or Agriculture, they have to appear for PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) subject group.
- For Engineering program, candidates can only appear for the PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) group.
Tabulated below are other important highlights of the exam:
|Exam Name||Telangana Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||JNTU Hyderabad|
|Exam Date||May 2 - 5, 2018|
B.E./B.Tech./B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.)/ B.Tech. (Diary Technology)/ B.Tech.(FT)/ B.Tech. (Bio-Technology) / B.Pharm.(MPC)/Pharm-D (MPC)
|Agriculture & Medical|
1) B.Sc. (Ag.)/ B.Sc.(Hort.) / B.V.Sc. & AH / B.F.Sc. / B.Tech. (FT)
2) B.Pharm. / B.Tech.(Bio-Technology) (Bi.P.C.)
3) Pharma-D (Bi.P.C)
|Candidates expected to register||2 lakh (approx.)|
EAMCET 2018 Exam Date
TSCHE will release the official dates for Telangana Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test in March 2018. Registration window becomes functional from last week of March 2018. Tabulated below are TS EAMCET 2018 Exam Dates:
|Events||Dates (tentative)||Reference Links|
|Availability of TS EAMCET 2018 Application Form||March 15, 2018||TS EAMCET Registration concludes in April 2018|
|Correction Window for TS EAMCET 2018 Form||April 16 to 21, 2018||TS EAMCET Form Correction window opens in April 2018|
|Availability of TS EAMCET Hall Tickets||May 1 to 9, 2018||Download TS EAMCET Admit Card from tsche.ac.in|
|TS EAMCET 2018 Exam Date|
May 2 to 5, 2018
Engineering: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Agricultural: 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM
|JNTU Hyderabad will prescribe TS EAMCET Exam Pattern|
|Announcement of TS EAMCET 2018 Result||May 22, 2018||TS EAMCET Results are available in online mode|
TS EAMCET Official Notification
Candidates can check the official notification below:
TS EAMCET Eligibility 2018
JNTU Hyderabad has prescribed eligibility criteria to appear for TS EAMCET 2018. It is important to satisfy the standards in order to fill in TS EAMCET 2018 Application Form. Listed below are the standards that one needs to fulfil for the successful registration:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Person of India Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) Card Holders are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should belong to the state of Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates should satisfy local / not – local status requirements as laid down in the Telangana / Andhra Pradesh by regulations of Admission.
- There is no Upper Age Limit for any of the courses.
Eligibility as per Programs
Each program (Engineering/ Agriculture and Medical) have different criteria. Listed below is the criterion as per the programs offered:
For B.Tech./ B.E/ Pharmacy/ B.Sc Courses:
- Candidates must be passed or appearing their 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics along with Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology as optional subjects.
- Candidates must have scored at least 45% marks (40% in case of SC/ST category) in the subjects specified taken together at 10+2 pattern.
- Candidates applying for engineering and pharmacy courses should have completed 16 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidates with Diploma degree can also apply.
For BAMS, BNYS, BHMS Courses:
- Candidates must have passed or appearing in the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany as optional that includes a practical test.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years to be completed as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Check TS EAMCET Eligibility
TS EAMCET 2018 Application Form
- TS EAMCET Registration window will become functional in March 2018.
- TSCHE releases the application form in online mode only at eamcet.tsche.ac.in.
- There are 3 main steps involved in TS EAMCET Application Form filling procedure namely Payment of Requisite Fee, Filling in details and Uploading of photograph & signature.
TS EAMCET Application Fee
- Payment of application fee is the first step in the registration procedure.
- There are 2 modes to pay application fee of TS EAMCET 2018. They are as follows:
- TS Online/ AP Online Centers/ Mee Seva Centers/ e-seva centers in Telangana/ AP
- Through Payment Gateway (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking)
The application fee for the state level examination varies as per candidate’s category. It is indicated in the following table.
|Stream||SC/ST Candidates (INR)||Other Candidates (INR)|
|Agriculture & Medical (AM)||250||500|
|E & AM (Both Streams)||500||1000|
How to fill TS EAMCET 2018 Application Form?
- The form is available at TS EAMCET Official Website only.
- TSCHE has made provisions to register by paying late fee also.
- It is important to review the application form before finally submitting it.
Listed below are the steps to follow in order to register for EAMCET 2018:
Step 1: Login to the official website of TS EAMCET- eamcet.tsche.ac.in
Step 2: Next, click on the ‘ TS EAMCET Application Form 2018’ link
Step 3: Before filling in the details, candidates are required to pay a stipulated fee as per their category.
Step 4: After successfully paying the fee, candidates are then required to fill their details (personal, academic etc).
Step 5: With filling in the details, one also needs to upload their scanned photograph and Signature as per the standards set.
Step 6: After carefully going through all the details mentioned and uploaded, candidates are then required to save the same. After saving, download and take a printout of TS EAMCET Form.
How many students are appearing for TS EAMCET 2018?
- TS EAMCET 2017 – For the academic session 2017-18, a total of 2,20,067 students registered for TS EAMCET. There was a decrease in the participation number. The reason for the fall is due to the division of engineering and agriculture exams. Also, EAMCET will be conducted separately for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana state.
- In 2015, a total of 2,31,998 registrations were made. Whereas, in the year 2016 a total of 2,46,522 students registered for TS EAMCET.
- The following infographic indicates the participation as per the streams.
TS EAMCET 2018 Hall Ticket
- TS EAMCET Hall Ticket can be downloaded from the first week of May 2018.
- To access the document, visit the official website of TS EAMCET- tsche.ac.in.
- Registration Number and Date of Birth are required to download it.
- The document will have details related to candidate: - candidate’s name, father’s name, address of the candidate, test date & time, test center, category of the candidate, gender, local status, hall ticket number, photograph and signature of the candidate, etc.
- Before downloading TS EAMCET 2018 Admit Card, candidates are advised to verify all the details mentioned in the card.
- In case of any discrepancy, it must be reported immediately to the concerned authorities.
How to download TS EAMCET Admit Card 2018?
Step1: Visit the official website of TS EAMCET 2018 i.e. eamcet.tsche.ac.in.
Step 2: After that, there is a link available in Application section- ‘Download TS EAMCET Hall Ticket’, click on it
Step 3: Then, enter TS EAMCET Registration Number, Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket Number and DOB (Date of Birth).
Step 4: After entering all the details, then click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
Step 5: TS EAMCET 2018 Hall Ticket will then appear on the screen
Step 6: Download the hall ticket and take its printout for future reference.
TS EAMCET Exam Centers
TS EAMCET Exam Centers are pre-decided by the conducting body, JNTU Hyderabad (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University). TS EAMCET Exam Centers are the venues where the exam will be conducted. The exam centers include 19 Regional Centers and the centers in Hyderabad are further divided into 8 zones.
The above-mentioned infographic explains the trends of TS EAMCET Exam Centers over the last 3 years. In 2015, the centers were 423 and in the year 2016 as the participation increased so did the exam centers of EAMCET. From the academic session 2017-18, the engineering and agriculture exams for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will be conducted separately. Hence, the number of centers for the exam has also decreased.
TS EAMCET 2018 Exam Pattern
- The exam pattern of TS EAMCET is prescribed by Telangana State Council of Higher Education or TSCHE.
- The exam is conducted separately for Engineering and Medical & Agriculture Programs. Hence, the pattern also varies in terms of sections.
- Questions will be framed on topics from CBSE Class 11 & 12 syllabi. Check TS EAMCET Exam Pattern
Highlights of TS EAMCET Paper Pattern
- Mode of Examination – TS EAMCET is conducted in Offline mode. Candidates have to fill in the answers in an OMR Answer Sheet with Blue/ Black Ball Point Pen.
- Sections – There are 3 sections in total in the examination namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology.
- Type of Questions – The questions are objective type in nature (MCQs). For each question, four options are provided out of which only one answer is correct.
- Number of Questions – In both the papers i.e. for engineering and agriculture there are 160 questions in total.
- Exam Duration – It is a 3-hours (180 minutes) duration examination.
- Medium of Examination – The question paper contains questions in English and Telugu medium. Candidates having qualifying examination in Urdu medium can avail assistance for translating the questions into Urdu.
- Marking Scheme – Each question carries one mark. There is no provision of negative marking in TS EAMCET 2018.
Sectional Distribution of Questions in TS EAMCET 2018
- There will be 2 subject groups namely PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) for Engineering and PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) for Agriculture.
- Each section will have 40 MCQs with 4 options, barring Mathematics.
- Mathematics will have 80 Questions in total.
- Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.
TS EAMCET Answer Keys
- The answer key for TS EAMCET is released online by the conducting body.
- The keys will help in comparing the answers with the ones you answered in the exam. Also, it will help to get an estimate of probable scores.
- In case of any doubt or if you disagree with any of the answers provided you can write to the authorities
TS EAMCET 2018 Results
- TS EAMCET Results are announced by the conducting body, JNTU Hyderabad.
- It is released online on Telangana EAMCET official website.
- The results are released separately for engineering and agriculture & medical papers.
- To view the final scores, enter TS EAMCET Registration No., Hall Ticket No. and captcha code.
Steps to check Telangana Results:
Step 1: Visit the official website of TS EAMCET 2018 i.e. tsche.ac.in.
Step 2: Click on the link for ‘TS EAMCET 2018 Result’
Step 3: Enter the registration no., Hall Ticket No. and captcha code to access the result.
Step 4: Candidates should carefully check all the particulars and the section-wise scores.
Step 5: The result will contain Combined Score, EAMCET Weightage, Inter Weightage and EAMCET Marks
TS EAMCET Rank Card 2018
- The rank card is available on the official website of TS EAMCET 2018 post declaration of results.
- To download it, enter Hall Ticket No., Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket No. and Date of Birth.
- It is advised to keep the printout of the rank card for future purposes.
- The ranks are given in the order of merit.
- Rank obtained in TS EAMCET 2018 is valid for admission to the courses mentioned in the application form for the academic year 2018 -2019 only.
TS EAMCET Rank Card will carry the following details:
- Candidate’s hall ticket Number
- Registration Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s Category
- Local Area
- Combined Score in TS EAMCET
- EAMCET Weightage
- Inter Weightage
- EAMCET Marks- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology
- Group Total
- Group Maximum
- Intermediate Percentage
- While preparing a merit list, if more than one candidate secures the same combined score, the tie shall be resolved considering the following:
- The total marks secured in TS EAMCET 2018
- Marks secured in mathematics in TS EAMCET 2018
- The marks secured in Physics in TS EAMCET 2018
- Percentage of Aggregate marks secured in the qualifying examination
- If the tie still persists, the older (based on date of birth) being given preference over the younger
TS EAMCET Cut Off
- Candidates must note that admissions to various engineering courses are done on the basis of TS EAMCET Cut Off scores.
- A minimum of 25% marks is required to qualify in EAMCET Telangana.
- As per the authorities, the cut off for admissions is based on the following factors:
- Number of Registrations,
- Number of seats available,
- Difficulty level of exam, and
- popularity or demand of the course.
Check TS EAMCET Cut Off
TS EAMCET 2018 Counselling
- TS EAMCET Counselling is conducted after TS EAMCET Results are declared.
- The counselling is set to commence in June 2018. It is conducted separately for engineering and agriculture & medical programs.
- It comprises of certificate verification and option exercising procedure.
- Candidates are called for the admissions according to their TS EAMCET 2018 Ranks.
- Certificate or document verification is held at any one of the designated HLCs (Help Line Centers).
- Post verification, candidates have to fill in the option of courses/ colleges as per their preferences.
- The whole procedure is done in online mode on the official website i.e. www.eamcet.tsche.ac.in.
Documents Required during TS EAMCET Counselling
- TS EAMCET Hall Ticket
- TS EAMCET Rank Card
- Aadhar Card
- S.S.C or its equivalent mark sheet
- Intermediate or its equivalent Memo-cum-Pass Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste certificate (if required)
- Physically Challenged (PH) / Children of Armed Personnel (CAP) / NCC/Sports / Minority certificate (if certificate)
- Residence certificate of either of parents in Telangana for a period of 10 years in case of the Non-Local candidate.