Tripura JEE 2017 Exam Dates and Syllabus
TBJEE (The Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination) has scheduled Tripura JEE 2017 or Tripura Joint Entrance Examination 2017 in May 2017.As per the revised scheduled,the Mathematics & Biology paper is scheduled on May 04 and Chemistry & Physics paper is scheduled on May 03.
Tripura JEE is a state level entrance exam, organised by TBJEE . It is conducted for admissions into Engineering, Medical, Technological and other professional degree courses in the state of Tripura.
The Registration for the entrance exam has now concluded. Candidates who have successfully filled in the form will be issued their Tripura JEE 2017 Admit Card in March 2017. Both the papers will have 50 Objective types questions and it will be of 2 hours.
Tripura JEE 2017 Exam Dates
Tripura JEE 2017 Application Process concluded on January 31, 2017. Important dates regarding Tripura JEE 2017 are as mentioned below.
|Commencement of Application Process||January 02, 2017|
|Last date to apply for the exam||January 31, 2017|
|Availability of TBJEE admit card 2017||Third week of March, 2017|
|Date of Examination|
Physics- May 03, 2017 (11 a.m.)
Chemistry- May 03, 2017 (2 p.m.)
Mathematics- May 04, 2017 (11 a.m.)
Biology- May 04, 2017 (2 p.m.)
|Release of Answer Key||May 06, 2017|
|Last date to challenge Answer Key||May 20, 2017 (upto 5 PM)|
|Declaration of results||First week of June, 2017|
|Counselling process for TJEE||June- July, 2017|
Tripura JEE 2017 Eligibility
TBJEE, conducting body of Tripura JEE 2017, has set some eligibility standards that a candidate needs to satisfy. Eligibility Criteria for Tripura JEE 2017 are mentioned below:
- A candidate must be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of Tripura.
- Candidate must have passed or appeared in the Higher Secondary Examination of Tripura Board of Secondary Education/Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent with subjects which are required in JEE 2017.
- Candidates whose parents live outside Tripura will be eligible for the exam
- Children born in Manipur- Tripura Cadre with their parents working in All India Services are also eligible for the exam.
- If the candidate is not a permanent resident, but his or her parents have served in Tripura for Government of Tripura/Officer of the Central Government, then he or she is eligible for Tripura JEE 2017.
- If the candidate or his/her retired parents are living in the state for more than 5 years and the candidate has passed or appeared in 10+2 examination from any recognized board.
- Children of parents serving as defense personnel are also eligible for the exam.
- Candidates who have been allotted seats in the previous year cannot appear in the exam this year.
Tripura JEE 2017 Reservation
Tripura JEE 2017 also has some seats reserved for the candidates belonging to the special categories. These reserved seats are for the candidates from Scheduled Tribe (ST) category.The reservation is done as per the inbuilt provisions of the State Government of Tripura. For allotment of seats in Engineering Programmes, 31% reservation for Scheduled Tribe is firmly followed.
Tripura JEE 2017 Application Process
Candidates willing to appear in Tripura JEE 2017 must check whether they are eligible to apply for it or not. After meeting the eligibility criteria, candidates have to fill the application form. It is available through online as well as offline mode. Candidates can obtain the Tripura JEE application form from following options:
- Through postal request: To get the application form, candidates can request for it by post. They are to send a postal request by sending postal order of Rs 90/- only atTripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination, payable at Agartala Head Post Office along with a self-addressed envelope of 30 cm x 13 cm size and postage stamp of Rs. 5/- affixed on it.
- Online: It can also be downloaded from the official website. The cost of the form which is Rs 90 can be paid by the candidate at the time of submission of application form.
- Offline form: Also the application forms are available at following places from January 02, 2017 to January 31, 2017. Candidates can collect them on any working day from 11 am to 5 pm by paying Rs 90/-
- Govt. Degree College, Dharmanagar
- R.K. Mahavidyalaya, Kailashahar
- D.D. Memorial College, Khowai
- Iswar Chandra Vidya Sagar College, Belonia
- N.S. Mahavidyalaya, Udaipur
Candidates after getting the form have to fill it carefully and submit it to the office. The address of the office is given below:
Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination
Old Secretariat Complex
Finance building, 2nd floor
Agartala - 799 001
Tripura JEE 2017 Application Fee Payment
Before submitting the form, candidates are required to submit the examination fee which is different for all the categories. Candidates have to deposit it through challan at any of the branch of State bank of India. The challan form should be sent along with the application form for Tripura JEE.
The application fee for candidates is given the following table:
|Unreserved Category (UR)||Rs 350/-|
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||Rs 300/-|
|Below Poverty Line Unreserved Category (BPL UR)||Rs 250/-|
|Below Poverty Line Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (BPL SC & ST)||Rs 200/-|
Tripura JEE 2017 Admit Card
Institute will be sending the Tripura JEE 2017 hall ticket at the address of the candidate with the services accredited by India Post, Agartala.
In case any candidate does not receive his Tripura JEE 2017 hall ticket due to some issue in postal dislocation by April 15, 2017, the candidate must inform this at the office of Tripura board of Joint entrance examination, Old secretariat complex, finance building, Agartala, West Tripura on April 16, 2017 between 12.00 noon to 3.00 pm.
Also candidates who have received their hall tickets make sure that all the information is correct. In case of any wrong information, candidate must contact the same office for reporting wrong information in the Tripura JEE 2017 hall ticket.
Candidate is required to carry the Tripura JEE 2017 admit card along with them on the day of the exam. Candidate without the hall ticket will not be allowed to sit in the exam under any circumstances.
Tripura JEE 2017 Exam Schedule
Every year the Board conducts Joint Entrance Examination in May for preparation of merit list to select students / candidates for admission to different professional degree courses, such as Engineering, Technological, Agricultural, Veterinary, Fisheries and others.
|Date & Day||11 AM to 1 PM||2 PM to 4 PM|
|May 03, 2017||Physics||Chemistry|
|May 04, 2017||Mathematics||Biology|
Tripura JEE 2017 Exam Pattern
Tripura JEE will be conducted in an offline mode. Tripura JEE 2017 Exam Pattern highlights are given below. These may prove helpful to the candidates willing to appear for the test.
|Tripura JEE 2017 Exam Pattern of Highlights|
|Number of Sections||4 Sections (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology)|
|Question Type||Objective Type (MCQs)|
|Total Questions & Marks||50 Questions & 2 Marks each|
|Time Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
Tripura JEE 2017 Question Paper and OMR Sheet
Candidates who are to appear for Tripura JEE 2017 must go through following instructions regarding question paper and OMR sheet.
- The question paper will have questions from four subjects with 50 questions per subject.
- All the questions will be multiple choice questions with 4 choices per questions.
- Candidate must write the series number mentioned on the front of the question paper at appropriate place on the OMR Answer Sheet and also in the Attendance Sheet carefully.
- Candidate must read the guidelines and instructions mentioned on the first page of question paper.
- The whole question paper is multiple types and correct answer must be marked in the correct place on OMR sheet.
- The candidate must handle the OMR sheet carefully
- While marking the correct answer of any question on the sheet, candidate has to encircle the option and fill it.
- Do not mark tick, round or cut on the sheet.
- Do not darken more than one circle for the same question.
- Before attempting the question paper, candidate must fill OMR sheet with useful information so that his sheet could be identified.
General guidelines for marking OMR Sheet:
- Candidate must use only black or blue pen only.
- Carefully fill the details of your name and others in the OMR sheet
- Do not use fluid or whitener in case of mistake
- Only darken the correct option.
- Carefully handle the OMR sheet.
- Do not do any rough work on the sheet
- Do return the sheet to the invigilator after you are done with the exam.
- Do not forget to carry the admit card along with you
- Calculators or mobile phones are not allowed.
Tripura JEE 2017 Answer Key
Tripura JEE 2017 Answer Key is the document with all the correct answers to the questions which will be on the question paper. It will be made available online by April 28, 2017.
To check the answer key, candidate has to follow the simple steps:
- Visit the official website.
- After due revisions and considerations, answer key will be uploaded on the website by April 28, 2017.
- Click on the Tripura JEE 2017 answer key
- Check out all the answers.
Tripura JEE 2017 Counselling Process
Tripura JEE 2017 counseling is done after the merit list is out. It will be done in offline mode. For the counseling, the candidates meeting the merit scores are to register themselves for the counseling online through the official website.
The counseling will be mainly held in five steps. These steps are explained below:
- Rank Announcement: In this step the rank of the candidate is announced so that he can come up with his documents. This is done when all the candidates arrive for the counseling at the decided venue.
- Document Verification: This includes the verification of all the documents required at the time of counseling. The candidate must arrive along with the documents required. Candidate with any document not available will not be allotted seat.
- Selection of Institute and Branch: At this stage the candidates has to fill college of his choice and the branch. There is no upper limit for filling the choice. Candidate can fill as much choice as he wants.
- Allotment process: After the choices are filled and locked, candidates are allotted as per their ranks. If the candidate does not want the seat allotted to him, can submit it immediately. The seat will be allotted to any other candidate
- Admission process: This is the last step for counseling. Here after seat allotment, admission process finally starts. Candidate now reports at the institute regarding the further payment of fee and other process.