TNEA 2018 Application Form can be filled from the month of April, 2018. TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) is conducted by the Anna University, Chennai every year.
- Through this admission procedure, the deserving candidates are provided admission into the engineering courses in the various colleges of Tamil Nadu.
- Earlier, an examination was conducted by the Anna University for TNEA.
- However, from the last few years, no entrance examination is organized by Anna University for TNEA.
- Deserving candidates get direct admission in the engineering colleges on the basis of the marks that they have scored in their 12th board examination.
- Candidates who have secured a higher percentage in 10+2 examination will have greater chances to get admission than those who have secured a lower percentage in class 12 examination.
- Candidates who fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria can apply for TNEA 2018.
- Only the eligible candidates will be offered admission into the UG courses by the popular and reputed engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu.
- TNEA 2018 is a state level admission procedure. The application form will be released in both online and offline mode. Candidates need to submit TNEA 2018 Application Form before the last date.
After candidates have submitted the application form, TNEA 2018 Merit List will be published on the official website for the admission procedure (www.tnea.ac.in). The rank list of candidates will be based on their percentage in the 10+2 board examination. Candidates will be offered admission in the engineering colleges on the basis of the merit list published by Anna University, Chennai.
Selected candidates will be called for counselling after the merit list is published. Candidates need to download their counselling call letter from the official website of the Anna University. The admission process of TNEA 2018 will take place after single window counselling.
Highlights for TNEA 2018
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions|
|Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination|
|Exam Date||No Examination|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 Board qualification required|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Admission||On the Basis of Rank|
TNEA 2018 Dates
Although no entrance examination is conducted by Anna University for TNEA 2018, candidates must know all the important dates related to TNEA that will help them to apply for it on time. The important dates for TNEA 2018 are listed in the table below:
|Announcement of official notification||April 2018|
|Availability of application form||Third week of April, 2018|
|Last date of submitting the application form||Last week of May, 2018|
|Publication date of merit/rank list||Fourth week of June, 2018|
|Availability of counselling call letter||June, 2018|
|Single window counselling||June to July, 2018|
Please note that this is the tentative schedule for TNEA 2018. Changes can be made to the schedule according to the discretion of the Anna University. Therefore, candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of the university to stay updated on all news related to TNEA 2018.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility
Candidates interested in TNEA 2018 should first check if they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Only eligible candidates should fill TNEA 2018 Application Form. If you fill the application form despite not fulfilling the eligibility criteria, your application form will be cancelled by the conducting authority. Therefore, it is essential to check and the eligibility conditions.
The eligibility criteria for TNEA 2018 are listed below:
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and have completed their 10+2 education from the state of Tamil Nadu are eligible for TNEA 2018.
- Those who do not belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from the state of Tamil Nadu can also apply.
- Applicants who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from another state are also eligible, but they need to submit a nativity certificate to the conducting authority.
- Candidates who are children of employees working for the central government can also apply for TNEA 2018. However, they need to show the nativity certificate of their parents or guardians who have been serving the state of Tamil Nadu continuously for the last 5 years.
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre officers are also eligible for TNEA 2018.
- The minimum age of candidates should be 18 years.
- The maximum age of applicants should be 25 years.
- As per the rules of Anna University, age relaxation provision is present for the reserved category.
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (General category), 45% marks (OBC category) and 40% marks (SC, ST, SCA, MBC, DNC category).
Candidates who satisfy all the eligibility conditions must proceed to fill the application form. It is important for candidates to know all the eligibility conditions before applying for TNEA 2018.
TNEA 2018 Application Form
TNEA 2018 Application Form will be available from the third week of April, 2018. It will be available in both online and offline mode on the official website (www.tnea.ac.in). Candidates can also get the application form from the designated centers of TNEA.
Candidates need to be very careful while filling the application form so that the form doesn’t get cancelled by the conducting authority. Inaccurate information or incomplete application form can result in the form getting cancelled. The detailed steps to fill and submit TNEA 2018 application form are as follows:
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- Visit the official website for TNEA.
- Click on the “online registration” link.
- Candidates need to register by creating a login ID and password with OTP verification. Candidates must ensure that the email ID and mobile number they are submitting is active and valid so that the university can communicate them.
- After successful registration, candidates can login easily with their username and password.
- Candidates have to fill the personal details that are asked in the application form.
- Similarly, fill the academic details asked in the application form.
- After filling the application form online, candidates must verify all the details furnished by them in the form by using the preview button.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled application form.
- After filling TNEA 2018 application form, candidates need to submit the application form along with the essential documents at the following address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
- The documents that candidates need to send along with the filled application form are:
- Mark sheet of class 10 and class 12 examination
- Class 12 hall ticket
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer certificate
- Demand draft
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (if applicable).
If candidates follow all these steps, they can successfully fill and submit the application form for TNEA 2018. Candidates must keep in mind that the application form can be filled online, but it has to be submitted only in the offline mode. Candidates must provide accurate information in the application form.
Candidates can pay the application fee through both online and offline mode. The application fee for TNEA 2018 is as follows:
- If candidates choose the online mode, they will have to pay INR 500 (general category) and INR 250 (reserved category).
- Candidates can make the payment through credit card/debit card/net banking.
- If candidates choose the offline mode, they will have to pay INR 700 (general category) and INR 450 (reserved category).
- Candidates can make the payment through demand draft.
The last date for submitting TNEA 2018 Application Form is the last week of May, 2018. Interested and eligible candidates must ensure that they submit the duly filled application form on time. Every year, lakhs of engineering aspirants apply for TNEA 2018 to get admission into the reputed engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Candidates must carefully fill TNEA 2018 Application Form so that they don’t face any problems during the admission procedure. The form cannot be corrected once it is submitted to the university along with the application fee. Therefore, candidates must check if all the details entered by them are accurate before they submit the application form.
TNEA 2018 Exam Pattern
Previously, an examination for TNEA was conducted by Anna University to offer admission to deserving candidates. However, since the last few years, no entrance examination is conducted for TNEA. The admission pattern for TNEA 2018 is very simple. The steps are listed below:
- Interested and eligible candidates need to register and submit their application form.
- The application forms are scrutinized carefully by the Anna University.
- A merit/rank list is published by the university after studying all the application forms.
- Selected candidates are called for counselling by the university. They need to download their counselling call letter from the official website for TNEA 2018.
- Through single window counselling, candidates are offered admission to the various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Admission is given to candidates on the basis of their class 12 board examination.
As there is no examination for TNEA 2018, there is no prescribed syllabus for it. Candidates who have scored well in their 12th board examination have higher chances of getting admission through TNEA 2018.
TNEA 2018 Merit List
TNEA rank/merit list will be published by the university in the fourth week of June, 2018. On the basis of merit list, candidates will be offered admission in the various engineering colleges. Priority will be given to candidates who have scored higher marks in their 10+2 examination. The authority will create the rank list on the basis of percentage that candidates have scored in 10+2 examination.
Cut off marks is the minimum marks that candidates need to obtain for getting admission through TNEA 2018. The cut off marks will be released by the Anna University after the application process is complete. The university will publish the cut off marks in the online mode. It will depend on several factors such as availability of seats, the number of candidates applied, 10+2 performance of candidates, etc.
TNEA 2018 Counselling
TNEA 2018 Counselling will commence after the publication of the merit list. Selected candidates will be called for counselling by the university.
- The counselling procedure will take place from June to July 2018.
- During the counselling process, colleges will be allotted to candidates.
- Candidates are required to pay the initial deposit of INR 5000 (general category) and INR 1000 (SC/ST/SCA category) as the counselling fee.
- They can make the payment in cash or DD.
Candidates need to show their original documents during counselling for verification. The documents that are required during the process of counselling are as follows:
- Class 10 and class 12 certificate and Mark sheet
- Identity proof
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Counselling call letter
- Six passport size photographs
After successful counselling, TNEA admission process will be completed. During the admission process, candidates need to bring their documents and allotment letter. Candidates have to report to the institution that is allotted to them on the mentioned date. Candidates need to complete the admission formalities and pay the course fee to complete the admission procedure of TNEA 2018.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College