TISSNET Result 2018 is expected to release in the second week of February 2018. Candidates can visit the official website of TISS i.e. tiss.edu to download their TISSNET Score Card. They can log in using their registered email id and password to access the same.
- The Score Card of TISSNET represents Programme name, overall marks, cut off marks and whether shortlisted for PIT/PI.
- The result of TISSNET 2018 is valid for one year.
- Please not that there are no means of obtaining TISSNET Result through an offline mode.
- TISSNET Cutoff is expected to be similar to the previous year. It will be around 82 for general category and 72 for reserved category.
- The qualifying candidates are then called by TISSNET Accepting Colleges for a Pre-Interview Test / GD and Personal Interview round.
- TISSNET Selection Procedure is expected to begin in March 2018.
- According to the marks obtained in all selection rounds, a merit list is generated for finalisation of admissions.
- Those candidates who could not be selected for the programme of their first preference will be placed in the wait list.
- TISSNET Wait List is published on official website i.e. tiss.edu.
- The final TISSNET Result 2018 will release in April 2018 by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
TISSNET 2018 is scheduled in January 2018. It is a gateway to various M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H programmes offered by TISS. A great TISSNET Result will help candidates save a seat any one of the TISS campuses viz. Mumbai, Hyderabad, Tuljapur, and Guwahati.
Highlights of TISSNET Result
|TISSNET Result Date 2018||February 2018|
|TISSNET Result is declared by ||Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)|
|TISSNET Official Website||www.tiss.edu|
|Details required to Check Result||Email ID & Password|
|Details on TISSNET Score Card||Programme name, overall marks, cut off marks and whether shortlisted for PIT/PI|
|Validity of Result ||1 year|
|TISSNET Accepting Colleges||TISS Mumbai, TISS Hyderabad, TISS Tuljapur, TISS Guwahati|
|TISS Result is applicable to||M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H programmes|
|Selection Rounds||TISSNET, Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview|
|Helpline Number||022- 25525252|
TISSNET 2018 Result Date
The official dates for TISSNET 2018 are yet to be announced. However, they are expected in the first week of September 2018. While the exam will be held in January 2018, the results may come out in February. Read all important dates below:
|TISSNET 2018 Result Date||Second Week of February 2018|
|Pre-Interview Test / Personal Interview Starts at Mumbai Campus for Programmes offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur and Balm, Chennai||Second and Third week of March 2018|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Hyderabad for all Hyderabad Campus Programme||Last week of March 2018|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Guwahati for all Guwahati Campus Programmes||First week of April 2018|
|Announcement of Selection for all the Programmes||Third week of April 2018|
|Dates to send Acceptance Letter and other Documents (first round)||Last week of April 2018 to Second week of May 2018|
|Announcement of First Wait List for all Programmes||Mid of May 2018|
|Dates to send Acceptance Letter and other Documents (second round)||Fourth week of May 2018 & First week of June 2018|
|Initiation of Academic Sessions||May 15, 2018|
Check TISSNET Exam Dates
How to Check TISSNET 2018 Result?
TISSNET 2018 Result will release on the official website of TISS. Checking and downloading the score cards is a very simple task. Follow the steps given below:
- Visit official website of TISSNET 2018 i.e. admissions.tiss.edu
- Go to M.A. Programmes
- Click on “View Score card”
- A Login page will open showing at top M.A. Admissions 2018-2020
- Feed your registered Email id and Password
- Type in text box a figure shown in above image
- Click on Login
- Score card will be displayed
- Shortlisted for PIT / PI ‘Yes’ indicates that applicant has been called for PIT / PI Round for the selected programme.
- Applicant will receive venue and timings of the Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview for the Fourth week of February 2018. It is recommended to keep checking the admissions for updates.
- In case there is some problem related to score card, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Registration Number, Name, Opted Subject and clarify the problem.
Details on TISSNET 2018 Score Card
Score card for TISSNET 2018 will have all the information related to the applicant such as:
- Candidate Name
- Registration Number
- Candidate Category
- Additional Category
- Applicant’s Photograph
- Location Selected by the applicant for examination
- Name of the Programme opted
- Preference given to programme shown in score card
- Marks for all rounds
- TISSNET Marks
- PIT Marks
- PI Marks
- Weighted Score (as per weightage of TISSNET, PTI and PI)
- Status (Selected for the Programme or Not “Y / N”)
- Wait List
- Some important description about Marks, Weightage Score, Status and Wait List etc.
TISSNET 2018 Merit List
In order to understand about merit list calculation and its procedure, we first have to be acquainted with marking system of all the selection rounds viz.TISS NET Exam, Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview Details are as follows:
|TISSNET 2018||100 marks||40%|
|Pre-Interview Test/GD||50 marks||30%|
|Personal Interview||75 marks||30%|
How is TISSNET Merit List Prepared?
- The weightage of NET, PIT and PI is given in the above mentioned table. This will be the basis for the preparation of final merit lists. The merit list preparation process for Reserved Category and General Category candidates is same.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of merit and the preferences indicated at the time of filling TISSNET Application Form. (Kindly Indicate your preferences carefully as it has implications for the merit list)
- When a tie exists between two candidates,
- At first, the PI marks of the candidates will be compared.
- In case PI marks of both the candidates are equal, then PIT marks will be compared.
- If the PIT marks are also equal, then the entrance score of both the candidates will be taken into consideration.
- Again if entrance score comes equal, then the candidate older in age will be given preference over the one younger in age.
Rules for Preparation of TISSNET Wait-list
- Candidates who get admission to the programme of their first preference will not be on wait-lists for any other programme mentioned in their list of preferences.
- If a candidate gets admission into any programme which is their second preference, will only be retained in the wait list of the first preference. Candidate who get admission into any programme which is their third preference will be retained in the wait list of their first and second preference
- Candidates, who got admitted in a programme lower in their order of preferences, will be retained in the wait-list of a preference higher in the order, till the seats in that programme are filled.
- In case, the candidate qualifies in two programmes at the same time, when the wait list is activated, the higher preference will prevail. The Institute will offer admission only to the higher preference.
- When a candidate who has already taken admission in a programme as per the first merit list is subsequently offered the higher preference when the wait list is activated, he will be moved into the programme of higher preference and will be informed.
Check complete TISSNET Selection Procedure
TISSNET 2018 Cut off
- TISSNET Cut off is released along with the result, mentioned in the score card.
- It is based on the merit list for each programme.
- Programme-wise cutoff will be different and category of candidates applied for the programme will also play a significant role in deciding TISSNET Cutoff.
- Candidates are recommended to keep observing notifications and updates about admission and cutoff.
- Given below is the expected TISSNET 2018 Cut off for your reference:
TISSNET Cutoff depends on factors like:
- Numbers of Total Applicants
- Numbers of Category wise Applicants
- Seats offered each programme
- Difficulty Level of Question Paper
- Variation in scores
TISSNET 2018 Counselling
Shortlisted candidates receive an Acceptance Letter. This can also be downloaded from official website for TISSNET 2018 i.e. admissions.tiss.edu.
- A candidate has to submit Acceptance Letter individually on given time for counselling.
- For the verification purpose, candidates are instructed to keep and present all required Academic and Other documents at the time of counselling.
- If a candidate does not report for counselling on the stipulated date and time, shall be deprived of the right for admission. The offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- If a candidate is perusing any full-time coursefrom any other college/university, then he is required to get his name removed from the rolls of the University / College / Institution where already admitted, and submit a certificate to this effect from the concerned authority at the time of reporting for counselling / admission to the course (including evening Courses and Professional Courses under Centre for Professional courses) for which he may have been provisionally selected.
Check all TISSNET Accepting Colleges
Documents Required for TISSNET Counselling
- Candidate is required to produce the original Mark sheets / Certificates, including the statement of the marks qualifying examinations with the requisite percentage of marks at the time of reporting for admission, failing which he shall not be allowed to complete the admission, and the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no further correspondence in the matter shall be entertained.
- Certificate of Category candidate belongs i.e. Sc / St / OBC / PH / etc
- The candidate selected for counselling/admission shall have to deposit the attested photo copy of qualifying examination in the Office at the time of counselling/admission.
- TISSNET 2018 Score Card
- 5 photographs
Check Guidelines for Confirmation of Admission
Contact and Admission Help Line
In case of any query/ question, you may contact TISS Mumbai. The details are gien below:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai – 400 088.
Admissions Helpline Phone No. (022) 25525252
(Monday to Saturday - Timing 8:00 am to 8:00 pm)
Fax No. (022) 25525050
Web: http://www.tiss.edu and www.admissions.tiss.edu