The official TISSNET 2018 Cut off is expected to release in the second week of February 2018. TATA Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) releases the cut off marks along with TISSNET Result. They are mentioned in the score card, depending on your category and course. You may download your scorecard from tiss.edu.
Here are all key details about TISSNET Cut off 2018:
- The Cutoff for TISSNET 2018 is expected to be similar to the previous year. It will be around 82 for general category and 72 for reserved category.
- Some of the factors that determine TISSNET Cut off include previous year cutoff, difficulty level of exam, number of test takers, etc.
- The Cut off is the minimum marks required for a candidate to participate in the next selection round.
- After clearing TISSNET, the subsequent selection rounds include Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
- Names of candidates who get selected after completion of TISSNET Selection Procedure will be declared in April 2018.
- They will participate in the counselling rounds for final admission at TISSNET Accepting Colleges.
Expected TISSNET 2018 Cut Off
TISS will soon declare its official notification regarding all important dates. We expect the cutoff for TISSNET 2018 to come out in February 2018. As per previous year cut off marks, we have curated this year’s expected cutoff. It will somewhere be similar to TISSNET Cut off 2018 Check it below:
|Course||Category of the Candidate||TISSNET 2018 Cutoff |
|MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations||General category||82|
|Development Studies||General category ||75|
TISSNET 2018 Expected Cut off by Experts
TISSNET cutoff scores have remained mostly around the same numbers over the years. However, this year the cutoff may be higher than usual due to more number of test takers. Given below is TISSNET 2018 Cut off that the management experts and institutes have predicted:
|Name of Institute||Category of the candidate||TISSNET 2018 Cutoff (Expected)|
|TIME ||General category||79 – 81|
|SC/ST category||70 – 72|
| IMS||General category||75-77 |
| Vista Mind||General category ||67-68|
TISSNET Previous Years’ Cut off
For all those who have appeared in TISSNET, will be eagerly waiting for their Results and Cutoff. The below table represents the cutoff trends of TISSNET over the years. Candidates can have an idea about what cutoff to expect this year.
TISSNET 2018 Paper Analysis
- TISSNET 2018 was conducted in January 2018. It had 100 questions.
- Last year, there were six sections in the paper viz. General Awareness (40 Questions), Logical Reasoning (15 questions), Mathematics (7 questions), Data Interpretation (8 questions), Verbal Ability (25 questions) and Reading Comprehension (5 questions).
- There was no specific sectional cut-off. Therefore, one can say that the paper pattern remained the same throughout the sections.
- The General Awareness section was much easier as compared to last year. Most of the questions in this section were from current affairs and international news.
- The Data Interpretation section was slightly trickier comparatively.
- The paper was considered much easier than the previous years by experts.
- Thus the cut-off was also expected to go up in 2018, which exactly was the case in the official cut off declared by TISS.
TISSNET 2018 Section-wise Analysis
- In a comparatively easy paper, the toughest of all the sections was General Awareness.
- Most of the questions in this section were from current affairs.
- The questions were primarily related to socio-political issues.
- A score of 27 to 30 out of 40 would be an ideal score for this section.
Check complete TISSNET Paper Analysis
Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, and Data Interpretation
- These three sections had a total of 30 questions with 14 analytical reasoning, 1 verbal logic, 7 Mathematics and 8 Data Interpretation questions.
- The verbal logic questions were trickier than the rest.
- The rest of the questions were moderately easier comparatively.
- Lengthy and time-consuming mathematical puzzles and sequences were part of the other Logical Reasoning questions.
- In mathematics, mostly arithmetic questions with strong, analytical skills were asked. However, on the difficulty level, these were easy-moderate.
- The Data Interpretation section was mostly graphs and pie charts. Extensive calculations were needed to solve these.
- A score of 25 to 27 out of 30 was a good score in this section.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- The Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension sections had 25 questions in total.
- Just like in 2017, vocabulary questions found most space in this section in 2018 too.
- Commonly used words and idioms that were asked were much easier when compared to the ones in 2016.
- The grammar questions mostly comprised of common confusable terms.
- There were questions on synonym, antonym, one-word substitution, idioms, odd-one-out, and proverbs.
TISSNET 2018 Selection Procedure
Candidates who qualify TISSNET Cut off will be shortlisted for the subsequent selection rounds. The final list of selected candidates will be declared in April 2018. TISSNET Selection Procedure will evaluate a candidate in the following stages:
- Score in TISSNET
- Pre-Interview Test
- Personal Interview
Candidates who score more than or equal to the TISSNET 2018 cut off marks will be called for Pre-Interview session and Personal Interview. Marking scheme in TISSNET 2018 Selection Procedure is as follows:
Read complete TISSNET Selection Procedure
Candidates making through all selection rounds will be called for TISSNET Counselling. It is expected to begin in April/ May 2018. Make sure you carry all important documents to the venue.