TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) is organized by Anna University. The exam is conducted for those candidates who are interested in pursuing various post-graduation courses like M.E., M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Arch and M.Plan. Candidates can fill TANCET 2018 Application Form from the official university website www.annauniv.edu from last week of January 2018.
- Candidates who fulfill TANCET Eligibility can apply for the exam.
- Forms can be downloaded or got from the university campus.
- Candidates can downlaod TANCET 2018 Admit Card from the official website www.annauniv.edu.
- It will be a pen and paper mode test.
- TANCET Exam Pattern consists in 5 sections for a duration of 2 hours.
- There will a total of 120 questions and the total marks of the test will also be calculated out of 100.
- The medium of language to be used in the question paper will be in English and the questions are of MCQ type.
- There is negative marking against every correct answer.
Students will get admission after the counseling procedure. The counseling will jointly be held by Anna University and the colleges enlisted under them. Though it is a state level exam, students from other states can also apply for the same. The counseling process will start after the declaration of TANCET 2018 result and merit list. Availability of seats depends on each course and the seats offered by each college for each course.
TANCET 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)|
|Date of Exam||Last week of March 2018|
|Conducting Body||Anna University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and paper based|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||120 MCQ type Questions|
|Courses Offered||M.E., M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Arch and M.Plan|
|Number of Colleges||6|
TANCET 2018 Dates
The exam related events and dates mentioned below will make the examination procedures more convenient for the aspirants. Read More About TANCET Exam Dates
|Starting of form submission of TANCET 2018||Last week of January 2018|
|Closing of TANCET 2018 form submission||Last week of February 2018|
|Release of Admit Card||Middle of March 2018|
|Date of exam||Last week of March 2018 onwards|
|Declaration of TANCET 2018 result||April 2018|
TANCET 2018 Eligibility
The following TANCET eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by a candidate before appearing for the entrance. Candidates who fail to meet the criteria are not liable to sit for the entrance.
- Examination to be qualified: Candidates must have completed B.E or B.Tech in the concerned courses with 2 years of regular experience. Masters in any discipline of science is also accepted. Candidates who have passed 10+2 or possess a 10+3 years diploma certificate from the State Board of Technical Education are eligible. Students awaiting results can also apply.
- Percentage marks: The pass percentage is determined on the basis of the category the candidate belongs.
|Name of the category||Pass Percentage|
- Domicile: Candidates from the other states excluding Tamil Nadu can also apply for the entrance.
- Candidates who have appeared for GATE 216/2017/2018 let off from sitting at the entrance if they have qualified GATE. On the other hand, candidates who have appeared for GATE in XE and XL discipline have to appear for TANCET 2018.
TANCET 2018 Application Form
TANCET 2018 Application Form will be released on the last week of January 2018 on the official website of Anna University www.aanuniv.edu. The application form should be submitted together with the application fee. Candidates who fail to pay the application fee will not receive any admit card.
Applicants must follow the given steps in order to fill up TANCET 2018 Application Form:
- Visit the website.
- Click on the desired link.
- Enter all the details asked in the form such as: Name, Date of Birth, Email ID and Password.
- On completion of the above mentioned registration process, a user ID will be generated and sent to each candidate on their registered email ID.
- Applicants must log in with the user id and the selected password in order to further continue the process of filling up of application form.
- Lastly, applicants need to upload a recent colored passport size photograph as a document proof.
- Before submitting the Application Form, candidates should check thoroughly all the details they have entered.
- Once the form is submitted, the details in the application form cannot be modified or changed.
- Post submission of the form an application number will be auto generated by the system.
- Applicants are suggested to note down the application number for future references.
- Candidates should also take a printout of the application form.
Candidates can apply for more than one course but in such cases, they have to pay for each added course. The payment can be made in a single demand draft for more than one program. The fee structure is summed up in the table below:
|Name of the Category||Fee|
|SC/SCA/ST (candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu)||INR 250|
|Fees Charged for more than one program|
|SC/SCA/ST (candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu)||INR 250|
TANCET 2018 Admit Card
Candidates need to download TANCET 2018 Admit Card from the official website as no admit cards will be sent to their personal addresses. The admit card should be handled safely as it functions as the identity of candidates. TANCET 2018 Admit Card will be available on the university website from Mid-March 2018.
The below steps should be followed for downloading the admit card:
- Click on the website www.annauniv.edu.
- Enter User ID and Password.
- TANCET 2018 Admit Card will appear on the computer screen.
- Take a few printouts of it for further reference.
The admit card will include all the details like:
- Candidates name and roll number,
- Signature of candidate
- Examination Venue and its address
- Date and time of examination
- Exam Day instructions
TANCET 2018 Exam Center
Aspirants can choose one center according to their convenience. The chosen exam center should be mentioned in the application form. Details such as the address and the location of the center will be mentioned in the admit card. Candidates may be allotted other exam center other than the one chosen by him/her in case there is no vacancy in the preferred one.
TANCET 2018 will be held across 15 venues in Tamil Nadu. The list of TANCET exam centers is displayed below:
TANCET 2018 Exam Pattern
TANCET 2018 will be an offline test (pen and paper based) comprising MCQ questions. The medium of the paper is English. The duration of the entrance will be 2 hours and candidates will have to attempt 100 questions of 100 marks. Question paper for programs like M.Tech/ME/M.Arch and M.Plan will be segregated into 3 sections. Against every correct answer, 1 mark will be allotted and for every incorrect answer, 1/5 mark will be subtracted. No marks are allotted for un-attempted questions. Aspirants can score a maximum of 100 marks.
Exam duration is 2 hours
Each of 1
Each Correct Answer will be awarded 1 mark
1 mark deducted for 5 wrong answers
It will be a pen and paper based test
Questions will be of objective type
There are 100 questions in each paper
The brief summary of TANCET 2018 Exam Pattern is tabulated below:
|Exam pattern Highlights|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Sections in Paper||3|
TANCET 2018 Syllabus
TANCET 2018 Syllabus for different courses is different. Candidates must be through with basic verbal and logical reasoning questions. Arithmetic questions will be based on 10+2 syllabus. The details are elaborated underneath:
|Name of the Program||Syllabus|
|MBA||Data Analysis Passage Comprehension Quantitative Aptitude General English|
|MCA||Quantitative Ability Analytical Ability Logical Reasoning Computer Awareness Verbal Ability Basic Sciences|
Part 1: Engineering Mathematics
Aspirants are suggested to follow the below-mentioned books besides reference books and online study material for boosting up their preparation for TANCET 2018:
|Name of the Program||Name of the Book||Author/Publisher||ISBN|
|Engineering and Science Stream||TANCET (M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan)||V.V.K.Subburaj||978-8172543693|
|MCA||TANCET MCA Superior Guide||Sakthi Publishing House||978-9385078231|
|TANCET MCA (Anna University)||V.V.K.Subburaj||978-8172542399|
|MBA||TANCET MBA (Anna University)||S.Chand (G/L) & Company Limited||978-8172543020|
|TANCET MBA Superior Guide||Sakthi Publishing House||978-9385078224|
TANCET 2018 Result
TANCET 2018 Result will be declared at the official website after few days of completion of the entrance test. The result should be downloaded from the official website within ten days post declaration of the result. It is advised that aspirants should keep print out copies of the result and keep them with utmost care. This is because TANCET 2018 Result is considered equivalent to that of the rank list and is need to be produced at the time of admission.
Aspirants should go through the steps given below to download the result:
- Visit the website www.annauniv.edu
- Click on the proceed link and the login option will automatically appear on your computer screen.
- Enter the e-mail ID and password
- Click on the log in tab
In case the result is lost or damaged, duplicate one can be issued with a payment of INR 100 via Demand Draft with a written appeal to:
The Secretary, TANCET,
Anna University, Chennai- 600 025
TANCET will be published on the university website post exam. The cut off marks will decide if an aspirant is eligible for admission or not. The cut off will be given as per category and program candidate chooses to pursue. The result or rank list will be prepared on the cut off marks declared by the university.
A number of factors determine the cut off which are:
- Difficulty level of exam
- Previous year cut off
- Number of aspirants appeared for the exam
- Marking pattern
- Categories and reservation
TANCET 2018 Counselling
Candidates have to undergo separate application procedure post result for counselling and admission. Candidates who are GATE qualified can participate in TANCET 2018 Counselling if they want to. Candidates must have acquired the minimum eligible marks category-wise to be a part of the counselling procedure:
|Category||Minimum Eligible Marks|
|BC/BCM/MBC&DNC/SC/SCA/ST candidates of Tamil Nadu||45%|
The counselling forms are available both online and offline. Offline forms will have to be filled and sent via post. Offline counselling forms must be addressed to “The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai”.
whereas the online form will be available on Anna University’s website and the procedure will be exactly same as that of the application form filling during the entrance.