TANCET 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) is a state-level exam, organized by Anna University. The exam is conducted for programmes such as M.E., M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Arch. and M.Plan. Nearly 37,000 candidates appeared for TANCET last year.
- TANCET 2018 Application Form is expected to release in January. You can apply online at TANCET Official Website.
- Candidates from General Category must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks to register. Check TANCET Eligibility
- TANCET is scheduled in March 2018 in offline mode. It will be held across 15 centres in Tamil Nadu.
- There will be 100 questions of 1 mark each. TANCET Exam Pattern for all courses is the same, while the syllabus will vary.
- Anna University will declare TANCET Result 2018 in April.
- TANCET Cut off will be released separately for all the courses. It can be checked at the official website.
- Qualifying candidates need to further register for TANCET Counselling, that will begin in July.
Highlights of TANCET
|Highlights of TANCET 2018|
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)|
|TANCET 2018 Exam Date||March 2018|
|Conducting Body||Anna University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||120 MCQ type Questions|
|Courses Offered||M.E., M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Arch and M.Plan|
|Number of Colleges||400+|
|TANCET Help Desk||2220 0303|
TANCET 2018 Exam Dates
All exam related events and dates are mentioned below. Make sure you do not miss upon any of these.
|TANCET 2018 Online Registration begins from||Last week of January 2018|
|Last Date to fill TANCET 2018 Application Form||Last week of February 2018|
|Release of TANCET 2018 Admit Card||March 2018|
|TANCET Exam Date 2018||Last week of March 2018|
|Declaration of TANCET 2018 Result||April 2018|
|Commencement of TANCET 2018 Counseling||July 2018|
Read More About TANCET Exam Dates
TANCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Anna University has ruled out certain eligibility conditions for candidates registering for TANCET. These must be fulfilled by the candidate in order to sit for the exam.
- Candidates who have completed/ are in their final year of Graduation can apply.
- Masters in any discipline of science is also accepted.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or possess a 10+3 years diploma certificate from the State Board of Technical Education are eligible.
- Candidates with a valid GATE Score with qualifying marks in relevant discipline of Engineering /Technology, need not appear for TANCET.
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score with qualifying marks in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL), have to appear for TANCET 2018.
The pass percentage is determined on the basis of the category the candidate. Read it below:
|Name of the category||Pass Percentage|
- Candidates from the other states excluding Tamil Nadu can also apply for the entrance. However, the eligibility will be determined by the respective authorities.
Read complete TANCET Eligibility Criteria
TANCET 2018 Application Form
- TANCET 2018 Application Form will release in the last week of January 2018.
- Candidates can register themselves at TANCET Official Website before the registration window closes.
- TANCET 2018 Registration can only be done in online mode. The forms will not be available via any offline mode.
How to Apply for TANCET 2018?
- Visit the website of Anna University i.e. annauniv.edu/
- Click on ‘TANCET 2018 Registration’
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Password
- On completion of the above-mentioned registration process, a user ID will be sent to your registered email ID
- Log-in with the user id and password in order to fill TANCET 2018 Application Form
- Upload a recent colored passport size photograph
- Once the form is submitted, the details in the application form cannot be modified or changed
- Post submission of the form, an application number will be auto-generated by the system
- Save this number and print your filled form
TANCET 2018 Application Fee
Candidates can apply for more than one course but in such cases, they have to pay for each added course. The payment can be made in a single demand draft for more than one program. The fee structure is summed up in the table below:
|Name of the Category||Fee|
|SC/SCA/ST (candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu)||INR 250|
|Fees Charged for more than one program|
|SC/SCA/ST (candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu)||INR 250|
TANCET 2018 Admit Card
- The hall ticket for TANCET 2018 is expected to release in March.
- Candidates can download TANCET Admit Card from the official website of Anna University.
- No admit cards will be sent via email or post.
How to Download TANCET Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e.annauniv.edu
- Click the link ‘Download TANCET 2018 Admit Card’
- Enter User ID and Password
- TANCET 2018 Admit Card will appear on the computer screen
- Take printout for further reference
Discrepancy in TANCET Admit Card
In case of any change in the information mentioned on TANCET Admit Card, you may contact the officials at
Number- 2220 0303
TANCET 2018 Exam Center
- Aspirants can choose one exam center at the time of filling TANCET 2018 Application Form.
- Details such as the address and the location of the center will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates may be allotted another exam center other than the one chosen, in case there is no vacancy in the preferred one.
- TANCET 2018 will be held across 15 venues in Tamil Nadu. The list of TANCET exam centers is displayed below:
TANCET 2018 Exam Pattern
- TANCET 2018 is scheduled in March 2018 in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
- It consists of 100 MCQ questions.
- The medium of the paper is English.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- Question paper for programs like M.Tech/ME/M.Arch and M.Plan are segregated into 3 sections.
- Against every correct answer, +1 mark is allotted and for every incorrect answer, -1/5 mark is subtracted. No marks are allotted for un-attempted questions. Aspirants can score a maximum of 100 marks.
Exam duration is 2 hours
Each of 1
Each Correct Answer will be awarded 1 mark
1 mark deducted for 5 wrong answers
It will be a pen and paper based test
Questions will be of objective type
There are 100 questions in each paper
TANCET 2018 Syllabus
TANCET 2018 Syllabus is different for all the 3 papers. Candidates must be through with basic verbal and logical reasoning questions. Arithmetic questions will be based on 10+2 syllabus. The details are elaborated underneath:
|Name of the Program||Syllabus|
|MBA||Data Analysis, Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, General English|
|MCA||Quantitative Ability, Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, Verbal Ability, Basic Sciences|
Part 1: Engineering Mathematics
Read complete TANCET 2018 Syllabus
TANCET Preparation Books
Aspirants are suggested to follow the below-mentioned books besides reference books and online study material for boosting up their preparation for TANCET 2018:
|Name of the Program||Name of the Book||Author/Publisher||ISBN|
|Engineering and Science Stream||TANCET (M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan)||V.V.K.Subburaj||978-8172543693|
|MCA||TANCET MCA Superior Guide||Sakthi Publishing House||978-9385078231|
|TANCET MCA (Anna University)||V.V.K.Subburaj||978-8172542399|
|MBA||TANCET MBA (Anna University)||S.Chand (G/L) & Company Limited||978-8172543020|
|TANCET MBA Superior Guide||Sakthi Publishing House||978-9385078224|
TANCET 2018 Result
- TANCET 2018 Result is scheduled to come out in April.
- TANCET Score Card is released at the official website.
- The result should be downloaded within ten days post declaration of the result.
- Anna University releases 3 separate TANCET Rank List viz. GATE Category Rank List, TANCET Category and Sponsored Category.
How to Check TANCET Result?
Aspirants should go through the steps given below to download the result:
- Visit the website annauniv.edu
- Click on ‘TANCET 2018 Result’
- Login option will automatically appear on your computer screen
- Enter the e-mail ID and password
- Click on the log in tab
Read TANCET 2018 Result
TANCET 2018 Cut Off
- TANCET Cutoff is published on the university website post exam result.
- The cut off marks will decide if an aspirant is eligible for admission or not.
- The cut off is given as per the category and program selected.
- The result or rank list will be prepared on the cut off marks declared by the university.
A number of factors determine the cut off which are:
- Difficulty level of exam
- Previous year cut off
- Number of aspirants appeared for the exam
- Marking pattern
- Categories and reservation
TANCET 2018 Counselling
- The counseliing rounds are expected to begin in July 2018.
- Candidates have to undergo separate application procedure for TANCET Counselling.
- The counselling forms are available both online and offline.
- Offline forms will have to be filled and sent via post to “The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai”.
- The online form will be available on Anna University’s website and the procedure will be exactly same as that of the application form filling during the entrance.
- Candidates who are GATE qualified can participate directly in TANCET 2018 Counselling.
- Candidates must have acquired the minimum eligible marks category-wise to be a part of the counselling procedure:
|Category||Minimum Eligible Marks|
|BC/BCM/MBC&DNC/SC/SCA/ST candidates of Tamil Nadu||45%|
Ques. What is TANCET?
Ans. TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. It is conducted by Anna University for admission to M.E., M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Arch and M.Plan courses. The score of TANCET are accpeted by more than 400 government and non-government colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Ques. Can I apply for more than one programme in TANCET?
Ans. Yes, you are allowed to do so. However, you must pay INR 500 (INR 250 for reserved category candidates) for each programme.
Ques. What is the exam pattern for M.Tech./ M.Arch./M.E./M.Plan?
Ans. The pattern for engineering paper is different from the other two. The paper consists of three parts. The first and second part is compulsory whereas the candidates are allowed to choose one section in third part. The third part includes 14 sections of which the candidates have to choose one based on his/her specialization. The duration of the test is 120 minutes.
Ques. Which are the coordinating centres for TANCET 2018?
Ans. Following is the list of coordinating centres for TANCET 2018:
|TANCET Coordinating Centers|
|Chennai Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai||Chidambaram Annamalai University|
|Coimbatore Government College of Technology||Dindigul University College of Engineering, Dindigul|
|Erode Institute of Road and Transport Technology||Karaikudi Alagappa College of Engineering & Technology|
|Madurai Anna University Regional Centre – Madurai||Nagercoil University College of Engineering, Nagercoil|
|Salem Government College of Engineering||Thanjavur Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women|
|Tirunelveli Government College of Engineering||Tiruchirappalli Anna University Regional Centre – Tiruchirappalli|
|Villupuram University College of Engineering, Villupuram||Vellore Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology|
Ques. I have a valid GATE Score. Do I need to appear for TANCET as well?
Ans. No, GATE qualifiers are exempted from appearing in TANCET. They just need to ply with the other eligibility conditions.
Ques. What is TANCA?
Ans. The counselling rounds for MTech courses is done through TANCE or Tamil Nadu Common Admissions. It is done via two channels, one for GATE qualifiers and teh other of TANCET qualifiers.