Tamil Nadu Aptitude Test in Architecture (TANATA) is the state level entrance examination conducted by the Anna University. TANATA 2018 will be conducted to test the aptitude of candidates seeking admission into B.Arch. degree program to various colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. All the aspirants need to carefully go through the eligibility criteria before applying.
TANATA 2018 Application Form will be available from the month of July 2018, and the examination will be held in the second week of August 2018. TANATA 2018 Results are expected to be out in the third week of August 2018. The Counselling and Seat Allocation process will begin shortly after the declaration of the results.
- TANATA 2018 is going to be conducted by the Anna University
- The exam will be conducted for admission to B.Arch. the program offered by various colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- TANATA 2018 will be held in the second week of August 2018 at the selected Exam centers.
- TANATA 2018 Results are expected to be out in the first week of July 2018
- The scores for TANATA 2018 would be valid only for the admission to the B.Arch. program under Management Quota and Government Quota Lapsed Seats for the year 2018-19.
TANATA 2018 Highlights
Some of the major highlights for TANATA 2018 can be seen in the table below:
|Name||Tamil Nadu Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Date of Exam||August 2018|
|Conducting Body||Anna University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
TANATA 2018 Exam Dates
Anna University is likely to release official notification for TANATA 2018 in the month of February 2018. The online window to fill application form will be active till the month of June 2018. TANATA 2018 is tentatively scheduled for the month of June 2018.
|Application form will be declared||July 2018|
|Last Date for submission of Application form||July 2018|
|Admit Card will be available||August 2018|
|Examination Date||August 2018|
|Result will be announced||August 2018|
TANATA 2018 Eligibility
Before applying for TANATA 2018 Exam, all candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the conducting body. It is compulsory for all the candidate to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the application form. After clearing the eligibility criteria applicant can apply for the application form. Here are the TANATA 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates who have passed the higher secondary or 10+2(Class XII) Examination or its equivalent from any recognized board.
- The minimum aggregate required is 50% in the qualifying exam with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Candidates appearing in the higher secondary or 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in 2018 may also appear in TANATA 2018 provisionally.
- Aspirants should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects with at least 50% marks.OR
- Should have 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govts with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics.OR
- Possess International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of Schooling with 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination are also eligible to apply for TANATA 2018.
TANATA 2018 Application Form
The application form for TANATA 2018 will start in the month of July 2018. TANATA 2018 Application Form can be done only through online mode. The last date to pay the application fee and submit the application form will be in the last week of July 2018. Candidates are advised to fill the Application Form before the last date of the submission. A duly filled copy of the application form should be retained for future reference.
Candidates should read all the Instructions carefully before filling TANATA 2018 Application Form. Check the steps given below to fill the Online Application form:
- Visit the official application form link of TANATA 2018.
- Click on ‘Go to Registration’.
- Enter your basic details like name, father’s name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, preferred program, and department.
- Confirm the details and Click on Submit
- Set a password for your account for the completion of registration.
- Log in to your account using application number/User ID received and password. Candidate will receive their Application number on their registered email address.
- Enter all the personal and academic details required in the application form.
- Pay the application fees through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Enter all the details required for the completion of the payment process via Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card.
- Upload recent passport size photograph and scanned signature (Maximum file size 50 KB each).
- Review the details in the entire form, make changes, if necessary and Click on Submit button.
TANATA Application Fee
TANATA 2018 Application fee is INR 2000 for General category and INR 1000 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu.
TANATA 2018 Admit Card
Applicants can download their TANATA 2018 Admit Card from the official website few days before the examination. Admit Card will not be sent to candidates through post/email. TANATA 2018 will be conducted in the month of August 2018. The exam conducting body will issue the Admit Card only for those aspirants who will successfully submit the online application form.
To download the Admit Card, candidates need to enter application number and date of birth. Steps to download the Admit Card are given below:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link referred as TANATA 2018 Admit Card.
- Enter your login details Application Number and date of birth.
- Login and download the Admit Card for examination.
- Print the Admit Card on A4 sheet.
Candidate should take a printout of their Admit Card and keep with them during the examination along with the photo identity card as identity proof, so they won’t face any problem while giving the exam. Candidates are advised to preserve his/her Admit Card for till the admission process is over.
TANATA 2018 Exam Centers
TANATA 2018 Examination will be conducted across 6 cities across the state of Tamil Nadu.
TANATA 2018 Exam Pattern
TANATA 2018 Entrance Test will be Pencil & paper based test. TANATA 2018 entrance will consist of two parts. Part A question paper will consist of 60 multiple choice questions. Candidates will be awarded two marks for each correct answer. Part B will consist of two drawing questions and the total time limit to attempt both parts will be 180 minutes.
Candidates need to mark the answers in the OMR sheets. It is mandatory for the aspirants to use pencil only, for all the entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles. If there is more than one answer bubbled against a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer.
Candidates can check below the distribution of sections and allotment of marks for the both the sections below:
Part A (First 90 minutes)
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks of Examination|
Qualifying score in Part A is 30 marks out of 120
Part B (Last 90 minutes)
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks of Examination|
Qualifying score in Part B is 20 marks out of 80
TANATA 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||180 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||2 mark for every correct answer in Part A 40 marks per question in Part B|
TANATA 2018 Syllabus
The authorities have not specified any defined syllabus for TANATA 2018. However, some of the important topics for various sections in the paper is covered in the table below. Candidates must practice all topics to get a grip of all the topics.
|Mathematics||Algebra Logarithms Matrices Trigonometry Coordinate Geometry 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry Theory of Calculus Permutation and Combination Statistics and Probability|
|General Aptitude||Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment. Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.|
|-||Mathematical reasoning: Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by. Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction, and contrapositive.|
|-||Sets and Relations: Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets, Venn diagram, De Morgan's Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation — definition and elementary examples.|
|Drawing Test||Understanding of scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony, and contrast. Conceptualization and visualisation through structuring objects in memory. Drawing of patterns - both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes. Generating plan, elevation and 3D views of objects. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms. Perspective drawing. Sketching of urban-scape and landscape, common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory|
TANATA 2018 Result
TANATA 2018 Results will be tentatively announced in the third week of August 2018. The result will be declared through online mode in the form of score card. Candidates shortlisted based on their scores will be called for the counselling process. The result will contain the name, application number/roll number of the candidates selected for the admission process.
How to Check TANATA 2018 Results:
- Visit the official website of TANATA
- Click on the link for ‘TANATA 2018 Results’
- Enter the Application Number/Roll number and Date of Birth
- Check the details on the TANATA 2018 Results
- Download and take printout of TANATA 2018 Results
TANATA 2018 Cut off
TANATA 2018 Cut off is the minimum score required to secure admission into the B.Tech. program offered by various colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu.
The cut off for TANATA 2018 will depend on a lot of factors such as:
- The number of applicants,
- The number of seats available,
- Previous year cut off marks and the difficulty levels of the entrance test.
Cut off of TANATA 2018 would be prepared on the following rules:
- At least 25% marks secured in Part A
- At least 25% marks secured in Part B
TANATA 2018 Merit List
Anna University will publish separate merit list for TANATA 2018 based on the candidates’ category chosen in the entrance test. Only those students who clear the cutoff marks will be considered to qualify for TANATA 2018 Counselling.
TANATA 2018 scores would be valid only for the admission to the B.Arch. programme under Management Quota and Government Quota Lapsed Seats for the year 2018-19. Ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam. Separate Reserved category list will also be prepared.
TANATA 2018 Counselling
TANATA 2018 Counselling will begin few weeks after the declaration of results. Only those candidates who will be shortlistedin the TANATA 2018 Merit List will be eligible for the counselling process. Candidates will have to check the official website regularly to get an idea about schedule and Merit list for TANATA 2018.
TANATA 2018 counselling process will involve document verification and the final seat allotment. Seat Allotment will take place basis the ranks acquired by the candidates in the merit list and the availability of the seats. A counselling fee has to be paid by the candidates at the time of attending the counselling.
Counselling and Seat Allotment will be done in order of the ranks of candidates. Therefore, candidates are advised to appear for counselling on the specified date and time allotted to them. All the certificates and documents of the candidate will be verified at the counselling center on the stipulated date. The candidate should appear for Counselling procedure himself/herself with all the necessary documents. No other person will be allowed to appear for the counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates shortlisted for the counselling rounds need to carry the following documents in original as well as two sets of photocopies:
- TANATA 2018 Rank card and Hall Ticket.
- Marks statements and Provisional/Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Transfer and Conduct Certificates
- Class X and XII Pass Certificates
- Domicile Certificate
- Six Passport size photographs
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport, etc.)
- Category Certificate(if applicable)
- JEE Main 2018 Score Card or TANATA 2018 Result
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)