SSC MTS 2017 Result and Selection Process
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts recruitment exam for MTS or Multi-Tasking Staff for various government departments and offices. The exam is a national level exam. The posts included in MTS recruitment fall in Group ‘C’ non-gazetted and non-ministerial category. Candidates who are recruited as MTS, will be posted at Central government offices and departments across the country. SSC has released an official notification for recruitment of 8300 Multi-tasking non-technical posts.
SSC MTS Selection Process includes qualifying both the papers and meeting the set cut off in order to qualify the recruitment process. SSC MTS merit list of the candidates will be published on the official website after the declaration of SSC MTS result. Then they will be posted in grade ‘C’ posts across central government departments, ministries, and offices.
The exam is conducted in two stages, Paper I and Paper II. Paper I comprises 150 objective-type questions, that need to be completed in 2 hours. Candidates who will clear Paper- 1 will be called for Paper-2. Paper 2 is descriptive type in nature. Check SSC MTS Paper Pattern.
Aspirants are advised to be thorough with SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria before applying for the recruitment process. The Application Form can be filled online from the official website, ssc.nic.in. The admit card can be downloadedfrom the respective websites of all regional centers of SSC.
SSC MTS 2017 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Staff Selection Commission for Multi Tasking Staff|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||Paper I: English and Hindi Paper II: English and any language included in 8th schedule of Constitution|
|Duration||Paper I: Two Hours Paper II: Thirty Minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||Paper I: Objective Type Questions, 150 Paper II: Descriptive type, 1|
|Number of Seats||8300 Multi-tasking non-technical posts|
SSC MTSEligibility Criteria 2017
Candidates who are willing to appear for SSC MTS 2017, should check their eligibility before filling the SSC MTS application form 2017. The verification of the eligibility conditions of candidates would take place at the time of SSC recruitment process for MTS. The basic SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria is given below:
Aspirants who are the citizens of following countries are eligible to appear for SSC MTS 2017:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India with the intention of settling in India before January 1, 1962 is also eligible to appear for SSC MTS 2017 examination
- A PIO (Person of Indian Origin) who has come back from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention to settle down permanently in India.
NOTE: Candidates belonging to the country other than India, must have certificates of eligibility issued by GOI (Government of India).
Age Limit Relaxation
The date of birth of aspirants of SSC MTS 2017 should fall between 18 to 25 years of age, till January 1, 2017. However, there will be an upper age limit relaxation in case of physically handicapped, SC/ST and OBC categories.
SSC MTSApplication Form 2017
SSC MTS application form 2017 was available in both online and offline modes. The last date to fill SSC MTS Application Form was February 3, 2017. Aspirants willing to appear for SSC MTS must register themselves on the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in. Candidates can choose either one of the options, according to their suitability.
- It must be noted that only a single SSC MTS application form will be accepted for each State / UT from a candidate.
- In case of multiple applications in online mode, the last application for which both the parts of registration (part-I and part-II registration) are completed, will only be accepted.
- For offline applications, only one will be accepted by the Regional Director / Deputy Director based on their discretion.
Candidates who wish to apply for a post in more than one State / UT will be required to submit separate applications for each State / UT to the respective regional office.
The step by step SSC MTS Registration Process for both modes is mentioned below.
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the Official Website, ssc.nic.in
- Navigate to ‘Registeration’ tab
- Enter Personal, Basic and Contact Details
- Click Submit and ‘close’ to finalise the registration process.
- You will receive provisional Registration Id and Password
- Upload your Photograph and Signature
Step 2: Application Form Filling
- The application form has 21 fields to be filled followed by photograph and signature.
- The details that have been filled by the candidate at time of registration part will be filled automatically in this step
- Candidate needs to fill the remaining basic details for successful completion of the SSC MTS 2017 Application Form.
- After filling the asked details, click ‘submit’ to save your data and ‘close’ to finalise your form filling process.
Step 3: Fee Payment
- The last step is to pay the fee through online mode.
- Candidate will be re-directed to bank site for various online payment options.
- candidate can opt for any of the options and make the payment
Offline Mode of SSC MTS Application Form
SSC MTS application has to be submitted in the prescribed format only. This format of SSC MTS application form (paper mode) is available in Annexure I on the official website of SSC. The offline application forms should reach the official address by the examination body by specified last date.
The payment of SSC MTS offline Application form fee can be made through bank challan from any SBI branch.
SSC MTSAdmit Card 2017
SSC MTS admit card would be made available on the official website of all regional centers of SSC. Candidates who successfully register themselves for the SSC MTS and are eligible to sit for SSC MTS exam. They can download their SSC MTS admit card 2017 from September 2017.
How to download SSC MTS Admit Card 2017?
The admit cards would be available 2 weeks prior to the conduct of exam. Given below are the instructions to download the SSC MTS admit card:
- Visit the official website of SSC, ssc.nic.in
- Search the regional center website and pay it a visit
- Alternatively, you can directly click on “SSC MTS Admit Card”
- Enter your login credentials, such as registration number and date of birth
- View and download SSC MTS admit card
- Download and Print.
NOTE: SSC MTS admit card will not be sent by post, aspirants should download it from the official website.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2017
SSC MTS consists 2 papers- paper I and paper II. Paper 1 is objective-type in nature and Paper 2 is a descriptive one. The duration for Paper I is 2 hours, while the duration of Paper II is 30 minutes. For visually handicapped or cerebral palsy candidates, the exam duration is 2 hours 40 minutes. 15 minutes are given extra to the visually handicapped candidates in paper 2.
Paper I consists 4 sections- General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. Paper II includes a short essay and a letter. A candidate has to opt either essay or a letter in paper 2.
Here are the SSC MTS Exam Patternhighlights:
|SSC MTS Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Duration of SSC MTS 2017||2 hours (for those who are other than visually handicapped or cerebral palsy candidates)|
|2 hours 40 minutes (for candidates who belong to visually handicapped and cerebral palsy category)|
|Total Number of Questions||Paper 1- 150 questions (General Intelligence & Reasoning- 25, Numerical Aptitude- 25, General English-50 and General Awareness-50)|
|Types of Questions|
Objective-type questions in Paper 1
Subjective-type questions in Paper 2
|Marking scheme||1 mark each for every correct answer|
|Negative marking||0.25 marks each for every wrong answer will be deducted|
|Medium of Examination||Both English and Hindi Languages|
|Mode of SSC MTS Exam||Offline or Online|
SSC MTSResult 2017
SSC MTS result 2017 is expected to be declared in November 2017. The results will be published on the official website of the SSC Regional Centres. In order to check the SSC MTS Result, candidates have to login with the roll number on their respective SSC regional centres’ website. The official SSC MTS answer key would also release in prior to the announcement of SSC MTS Result.
How to check SSC MTS Result 2017?
The steps to check the SSC MTS Result is mentioned below-
- Visit the official website of SSC, ssc.nic.in
- Click on “SSC MTS 2017 Result” tab
- Alternatively, you can access the websites of SSC Regional Centres
- Enter the registration or roll number and date of birth to log into your account
- View and save SSC MTS score card.
SSC MTSCut Off 2017
SSC MTS cutoff marks are the minimum score that a candidate needs to obtain in order to qualify for SSC MTS recruitment.There are various factors that play a role in deciding the cut-off score for a competitive exam. They are as follows-
- Level of Difficulty of the examination
- Number of available seats
- Previous trends in SSC MTS cutoffs
- Number of Participants in the SSC MTS Exam 2017
Candidates can expect the SSC MTS Cut-off as given below:
|Gujarat & Nagar Haveli||60-65||40-45||55-60||50-55||40-45|
|Daman & Dio and Goa||55-60||40-45||45-50||45-48||44-49|
SSC MTSSelection Procedure 2017
The basis of selection for SSC MTS is qualifying the written exams of SSC MTS 2017. There are 2 stages in the SSC MTS selection process that candidates must clear – Paper 1 and Paper 2. The first paper will be of objective type and will act as a preliminary test. Those who are able to clear the cut-off for Paper 1, will appear for Paper 2.
The Paper 2 of SSC MTS 2017 will be of a descriptive type and will be the final exam. All those who obtain the minimum cut-off for this paper, will be considered for recruitment. It must be noted that individual cut-off marks will be decided by SSC for each state or UT. The final selection of the candidates will be based on the verification of certificates.
NOTE: Paper 1 and Paper 2 can either be conducted on the same day. If it is not then Paper 2 can be conducted for those candidates who qualify Paper 1.