SSC MTS 2018- Dates, Eligibility, Pattern & Selection Process
SSC MTS (Staff Selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff) is a national level examination conducted for the recruitment of Multi-tasking staff for various government departments and offices. Citizens of India who have passed class 10 exams are eligible to apply. The application form will be released in the month of August 2018. SSC MTS 2018 will be conducted in two stages- paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 is qualifying in nature while Paper 2 will determine merit of the candidate to appear for document verification process.
SSC MTS 2018 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Government of India|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Medium of Examination||Hindi as well as English|
|Duration of Examination||Paper 1- 90 minutes Paper 2- 120 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||Paper 1- Objective type, 100 questions Paper 2- Subjective type,|
|Sections||Paper 1- Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, and General awareness Paper 2- Short essay/letter writing|
|Number of Seats||8300 seats (expected)|
Schedule for SSC MTS 2018
|Release of application form||August 4, 2018|
|Last date of fill SSC MTS 2018 application form||August 31,2018|
|Issue of admit card for paper-1 exam||3 weeks prior to exam|
|Paper-1 exam||To be updated soon|
|Paper-1 exam result||To be updated soon|
|Paper-2 exam||To be updated soon|
|Final results||To be updated soon|
Who is Eligible for SSC MTS 2018?
Candidates who aspire to appear for SSC MTS 2018 should check their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The basic eligibility for SSC MTS 2018 is given as follows-
Age Limit- Candidates should lie between 18 to 25 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category-
- SC/ST and Domiciled in the state of J&K (general)- Upto 5 years relaxation
- OBC and Ex-servicemen (general)- Up to 3 years relaxation
- PH (GEN) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (SC/ST)- Up to 5 years relaxation
- PH (OBC) – Up to 8 years
- PH (SC/ST) – up to 10 years
- Ex-servicemen (OBC)- up to 3 years
- Ex-servicemen (SC/ST) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (OBC)- up to 8 years
Date of birth which has been recorded in the senior secondary education will be taken into consideration.
Citizenship/Residential Criteria- Must be a citizen of India or should belong to Bhutan and Nepal.
- Tibetan refugees who came to India, with the intention of permanently settling in India are also applicable to apply
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from the following countries wishing to settle in India permanently are also eligible to apply like Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam.
Academic Qualifications- Minimum 10th pass or equivalent from a recognized board of the board will be applicable.
How to fill SSC MTS 2018 Application Form
SSC MTS application process is likely to begin on August 4, 2018. The last date to submit the application form will be August 31, 2018. SSC MTS 2018 Application Form will only be available via online mode. Following are the steps to fill SSC MTS 2018 Application Form:
How to Apply Online?
- Visit the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in
- Click on the link ‘Notification’ under notice category and navigate to notification for SSC Multi-Tasking Staff.
- A link to apply for it will appear, click on it.
- Fill the required details such as Personal, Educational and Other details in application form.
- Verify the details and submit them.
- Next, Upload the scanned image of your photograph and signatures in specified sizes.
- Click on ‘Submit’ tab
- You will be redirected to fee payment window, make application fee payment of INR 100.
Candidates can make application fee payment via SBI challan only. The fee once paid will not be refunded.
|Fees||INR 100||Exempted from fee payment|
Hall Ticket for SSC MTS 2018
The SSC MTS 2018 Admit Card is issued on the official regional websites 3 weeks prior the date of examination. The notification for the same will be released on the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
Admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam center. Here are a few steps to download it-
- Log onto the regional website of SSC (as per your region).
- Click on the link given to download SSC Multi-tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Admit Card.
- Fill in your registration number and ID along with captcha code.
- The hall ticket for SSC MTS 2018 will appear on your computer screen.
- Check and Verify all the details and download it.
The candidates must go through the admit card and in case there are any printing mistakes should immediately contact the office.
List of SSC MTS 2018 Exam Centers
Candidates can choose their SSC MTS 2018 Exam Centers according to their preference. The candidates must select the center carefully as no change of centers of Examination will be allowed under any circumstances.
SSC MTS 2018 Paper Pattern
The paper pattern for SSC MTS saw a change in previous year session of the exam. The exam has been shifted from offline to online mode. There are two stages of the exam, stage 1- Online Objective Type Test, Paper 2- Descriptive Test.
Given below is the detailed description of both the papers.
|Sections||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam For Handicap Students|
|A||General intelligence & reasoning||25||25||90 minutes||120 minutes|
The exam pattern for paper-2 is as follows:
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicap Students|
|Short essay/letter in English or any other language included in the 8thschedule of the constitution||50 marks||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
SSC MTS 2018 Syllabus
SSC MTS comprises of total 2 Papers. For Paper 1, candidates have to study the following sections:
- Reasoning ability
- Numerical aptitude
- English Language
- General awareness
While for Paper 2, candidates must be thorough with the English essay writing and letter writing skills.
Following are the topics and their weightage that a candidate must consider.
|Chapters||Number of questions|
|Arranging word in meaningful order||1-2|
|Verbal and non-verbal reasoning||5-6|
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Ratio and proportion||1-2|
|Problem on Age||0-1|
|Speed distance and time||2-3|
|Profit and loss||5-7|
|Time and work||1-3|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Reading comprehension||5 (1 passage)|
|Fill in the blanks||10|
|Phrases or idioms||3|
|One word substitution||5|
|Topics||No. Of Questions|
How to Check SSC MTS 2018 Result
Results for SSC MTS are declared in two stages. Candidates who will secure the cutoff as per their category prescribed by SSC in paper 1 will be called for paper 2.
Candidates will be provided an appointment to the post of Multitasking staff as per their ranks in the merit list. Follow the steps below to check the SSC MTS results-
- Log onto the official website of SSC MTS www.ssc.nic.in
- Click on the RESULTS option available on the top right corner of the page.
- Select your region and the name of the examination for which you want to see the results for.
- The results will appear in a PDF format. The candidates whose roll numbers are in the list will be called for the 2nd paper.
- Save the PDF document for future use.
SSC MTS Cut off
The cutoff for SSC MTS 2018 will be released by SSC along with the declaration of results and it will be published region wise.
Here is the cutoff of previous year for reference-
|Daman and Diu||62.00||45.00||45.00||45.00|
|Gujarat, Dadar and Nagar Haveli||62.00||45.00||57.50||57.50|
|Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry||84.00||78.50||72.75||72.75|
What is the Selection Process of SSC MTS 2018?
SSC MTS 2018 Selection Process will be a two stage process. Candidates will have to clear Paper 1 to proceed to the next stage.
- After the declaration of Paper 1 result, a list of qualifying candidates will be out.
- Those who qualify according to the SSC MTS 2018 Cut Off, will appear for descriptive paper.
- The descriptive paper is qualifying in nature, it’s marks will not be added while preparing final merit list.
- Post declaration of paper 2 result, candidates who qualified are called for Document Verification Process.
Given below is the list of documents that are to be carried at the time of document verification for SSC MTS Selection Process.
- Qualification Certificates
- Proof of Identity (Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID etc.)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate for the Reserved Category Candidates
- Proof of Residence
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College