SSC Junior Hindi Translator
SSC Junior Hindi Translator is a National Level Exam conducted by Staff Selection Committee. The exam is conducted for the position of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator, Hindi Pradhayapak. Candidates will be placed in various ministries and departments of State or Central Government.
- SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Application Form is filled online through www.ssc.nic.in. It will be available from May 2018.
- Candidates can make correction or changes by emailing or contacting the council.
- The admit card can be downloaded from the website 3 weeks before the exam.
- The exam will be conducted in online mode and offline mode.
- It will be conducted in two phases; in the month of June and August.
- Candidates will have to answer objective questions as well as Conventional type translation and essay.
- The papers are conducted for 200 marks each and a time duration of 2 hours is allotted for each paper.
- There is no counselling process for this exam. An interview will be conducted as the final selection process.
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Highlights Table
The table below gives a highlight on the exam to be conducted in the month of June 2018.
|Date of SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam||June 2018|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam||Online|
|Medium of SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam||English, Hindi|
|Duration of SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam||2 hours each|
|Type and Number of Questions||400 questions (Objective & Essay)|
|Sections||Objective & Essay|
|Posts Offered||Junior Hindi Translators, Senior Translator, Junior Translator, Hindi Pradhyapak|
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Dates
The exam dates will be announced in the website and newspapers. The tentative dates for form filling, admit card release and other processes are given below:
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam Announcement||April 2018|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator Application Form Submission||May 2018|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator Admit Card Download||May 2018|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam – Paper 1||June 2018|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator Answer Key Release||June 2018|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator Result announcement||July 2018|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam – Paper 2||August 2018|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator Answer Key Release||August 2018|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator Result announcement||September 2018|
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Eligibility
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Eligibility Criteria varies for each post. Relaxation is given to candidates belonging to special category and special talented candidates.
Nationality: Candidates should be of Indian Nationality. Candidates should be a subject or Indian Origin of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries
Age: SSC has determined 30 years (as on 01.01.18) as the age limit for the exam. However, exemption is given to the below categories
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Specially talented Candidates||10 years|
|Specially talented Candidates belonging to OBC||13 years|
|Specially talented Candidates belonging to SC / ST||15 years|
Academic Qualifications: Eligibility also varies based on educational qualification as given below:
|Post Name||Minimum Degree||Specialisation / Mandatory Subject|
|Junior Translator||Master Degree / Bachelor Degree Diploma in Hindi Translation||English and Hindi|
|Junior Hindi Translator||Master Degree / Bachelor Degree||English and Hindi|
|Senior Hindi Translator||Master Degree / Bachelor Degree||English and Hindi|
|Hindi Pradhyapak||Bachelor Degree||English and Hindi|
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Application Form
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Application Form can be filled online. Candidates applying for the first time should register in the council website. Candidates should apply through the council website and select the ‘Apply Now’ option form the top menu bar. The page will contain links to all exams conducted by the council. Click on JUNIOR HINDI TRANSLATOR Page and the panel will open.
The panel will be divided into columns:
- Registration / View
- Instruction to Candidates
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates will have to register using the registration link
- Candidates will be asked to fill details like Name, Date of Birth and Parents Name
- A username and password will be generated for future usage
- Candidates will be taken to the registration page where they should fill all details like Personal Information, Aadhar Card, Nationality, Category and Contact Details
- Candidates will have to upload their Photograph and Signature in the specified sizes
Step 2: Application Form Filling
- Candidates should login in using their login credentials
- The application form will be divided into different parts like personal information, Category details, Post preference, Educational Qualifications, Work Experience, Contact Details and Photo Uploading option
- The application will auto fill details matching with the registration form
- Candidates can preview the applications by saving and selecting preview option
- Once satisfied, candidates can move to the next option, Payment
- SSC has given fee exemption to SC / ST candidates, hence they can submit the application form at this stage.
- Candidates should save a copy of the application form for future reference
Step 3: Application Fees Payment
SSC has determined a fee of Rs.100 for candidates belonging to General and OBC Category. There is no fee for SC/ST candidates. Application Fees can be paid through both online and Offline Mode
- Online: Candidates can pay through debit card / credit card and net banking
- Offline: Candidates can download the challan from the Instruction Column. Candidates should fill in their registration number and name. The challan is payable at any State Bank of India.
Candidates are advised to pay the fees well in advance. Applications will unsuccessful transaction will be disqualified.
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Admit Card
SSC Junior Hindi Translator admit card will be available on Staff Selection Committee Website. The admit card is an important document of the exam and candidates will not be allowed to write the exam if there are any discrepancies or issues in it. Candidates are asked to check the card more than once for any errors. If found any, they can contact the council. The admit card will contact details like name, registration number, photo, signature, name of the post, allotted date, time and venue.
Admit Card can be downloaded using the following steps:
- Visit SSC website. www.ssc.nic.in
- The home page will have a scroller option with the latest updates
- Candidates can also visit the JUNIOR HINDI TRANSLATOR Page through Apply now
- Candidates can download the admit card by entering their registration number and password
- Print more than two copies of the admit card for security purposes
SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam is conducted in over 30 centres across India. Candidates will have to careful when selecting the exam centre. The exam centre will be allotted on basis on seat availability and First come, First serve basis. The exam centre once allotted cannot be changed.
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Exam Pattern
SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam is conducted via two papers. Candidates will have to qualify Paper 1 to be selected for Paper 2.
- The exams are conducted for 2 hours each
- The exam is conducted for a total mark of 200 marks each
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper 1
- Paper 1 will be conducted in the online mode
- Paper 1 will consist of Multiple Choice Questions Type
- Paper 2 will be of Conventional Type
- Candidates will have to write Translation and Essay in both English and Hindi
- Candidates qualifying in both rounds will be called for a Personality Test / Interview
The exam pattern is as follows:
|1||Paper 1||Multiple Choice Questions||Hindi & English||200 marks||2 hours|
|2||Paper 2||Conventional Type||Hindi & English||200 marks||2 hours|
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Code of SSC Junior Hindi Translator Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||200 questions each paper|
|Maximum Morks||200 marks each paper|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours each paper|
|Sections in Paper||English, Hindi|
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Syllabus
Candidates will be tested on the strength and versatility of Hindi and English Language in Paper I.
The paper is divided into two parts, 100 marks for English and Hindi. Key topics of General Hindi & General English will be as follows:
- Prefix & Suffix
- Parts of Speech
- Grammatical Errors
- Sentence Completion
- Sentence Structure
Paper 2 will comprise essay and translation type questions. Candidates will be given a paragraph in English and be asked to translate it to Hindi and vice versa. They will be given a topic and asked to write an essay. Candidates will be tested on vocabulary, Language fluency and grammar.
Candidates can refer the following books for exam preparation:
|Name of the Book||Publisher|
Hindi to English translator book – step by step guidance
|SSC Junior/Senior Hindi translator exam guide by rph editorial board 2017||SC GUPTA|
|SSC Junior/Senior Hindi translator practice book||ARIHANT EXPERTS|
|SSC Senior/Junior Hindi translator exam guide & practice book||LAL JAIN|
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Result
SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam Result will be announced in the month of September. Result of Paper 1 will be released in June 2018. Candidates selected will be called for Paper 2 and the result of Paper 2 will be announced in September 2018. Qualified candidates will be called for a Personality Test and Interview in the month of January 2019. The result will be the available in SSC website and it will be in a pdf format.
- Candidates can visit SSC website after notification of the exam result
- Candidates can click the Result link in the homepage
- The list of exams conducted by SSC will appear
- A pdf file with the results will load
- The file will contain the list of qualified students
- Candidates’ role number and name will be listed
- Results of Paper I and Paper 2 will be released separately
The score attained by a candidate will be displayed in the result page. The individual mark sheet can be downloaded at a later for future reference. The score card will contain the following details:
- Date of Birth
- Marks secured by candidates
- Rank Secured
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Answer Key will be released in SSC website. The website will have a link to the Answer Key in the homepage Tab. The answer key will be released separately for both papers.
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Cut off
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 cut off will be determined by the council after the announcement of the exam results. The cut off is determined by the following factors:
- Number of Candidates appearing for the exam
- Marks secured by candidates in the exam
- Cut off of the previous year
- Vacancies of the year
Based on the last year cut off, the range of cut off of SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Cut off will be as follows:
|SC / ST||120 – 138|
|OBC||130 – 140|
|Ex – Service||125 – 135|
SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018 Selection Process
SSC Junior Hindi Translator Selection Process is based on the marks secured in the Qualifying round and Personal interview. Candidates are selected based on the score. There is no counselling process. The list of selected candidates will be announced through the website. The Interview will be graded for 100 marks by a panel of Jury and candidates will be selected based on the score.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College