SSC CHSL 2017-18: Exam Dates, Admit Card, Pattern & Syllabus
SSC CHSL 2017-18 exam is scheduled from March 4, 2018 to March 26, 2018. The admit card SSC CHSL 2017-18 will be available soon on the regional website of UPSC. To download the hall ticket, candidates must visit their regional website and enter registration number and date of birth.
SSC CHSL is conducted in two tiers- Tier 1 and Tier 2. Those who qualify in both the stages, appear for Tier 3, i.e. Skill- based test. Final selection is based on cut off prepared for tier 1 and tier 2 marks combinedly. Check SSC CHSL Expected Cut Off 2017-18
- Fill the application form until December 27, 2017 (5 PM).
- Age limit for SSC 10+2 exam is between 18-27 years as on August 1, 2018.
- Candidates who pass 10+2 exams will be eligible.
- SSC CHSL 2017 for Tier 1will be held from April 4, 2018 to April 26, 2018, while Tier 2 exam will be conducted on July 8, 2018.
- Questions from 10+2 standard are covered in syllabus defined for SSC CHSL 2017-18.
- Tier 1 will have four sections- General Awareness, English Comprehension, General Intelligence and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Tier 2 will have questions based on Essay Writing or Letter Writing. Download SSC CHSL Sample Papers
As per the previous year analysis, the exam was of Moderate difficulty. Out of all the 4 sections in Tier 1, General Awareness and English Comprehension were slightly difficult while the other two sections were comparatively easy.
Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination) to recruit candidates for the post of Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Sorting Assistant, Court Clerk, and Postal Assistant.
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Vacancies
In SSC CHSL 2017-18 Notification, Staff Selection Commission announced the tentative vacancies for the posts namely, LDC, PA/SA and DEO which counts upto 3259.
- Lower Divisional Clerk: 898 vacancies
- Postal Assistant: 2359 vacancies
- Data Entry Operator: 2 vacancies
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (SSC CHSL)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Type||National Level Test|
|Exam Date||April 4, 2018 – April 26, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have cleared 10+2 board|
|Mode of Application|
Online at ssconline.nic.in
Tier 1- Online
Tier 2- Offline
Tier 3- Skill Based Test
|Duration||Tier 1: 75 minutes Tier 2: 60 minutes|
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Exam Date
Candidates who aspire to start their career right after completing the higher secondary education, can apply for SSC CHSL 2017. Find SSC CHSL 2017 Exam Dates in the table below:
|Official Notification out on||November 18, 2017|
|Availability of Application Form||November 18, 2017|
|Last Date of the submission of the Application Form|
|Last date for submission of Application Fee|
|Availability of Admit Card||One week before the exam|
|SSC CHSL Exam 2017 Date (Tier 1)|
|Announcement of the result (Tier 1)||May 2018|
|SSC CHSL Exam 2017 Date (Tier 2)||July 8, 2018|
|Final Result||August 2018|
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Eligibility
As per the norms set by Staff Selection Commission, applicants must have passed 10+2 exams. The other requirements under SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2018 are:
Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian Citizen or should belong to Nepal/ Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 to settle in India permanently.
Educational Criteria: must have cleared class 12 or its equivalent from a recognized educational board or University.
Age Criteria: Maximum age- 27 years, however, certain reserved category candidates can claim for reservation according to the Government norms.
The age relaxation will be provided as follows:
- For SC/ST – 5 Years
- For OBCs – 3 Years
- For PH – 10 Years
- For PH + OBC – 13 Years
- For PH + SC/ST – 15 Years
Click Here to Know About SSC CHSL Job Profile and Career Prospects
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Notification
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Application Form
The application form must be submitted online at ssconline.nic.in. Steps to fill SSC CHSL Application Form 2017-18 are:
STAGE 1: Registration ID & Password Generation
- Keep class 10 Marksheet, ID proof & scanned copy of signature and passport size photograph in the given dimensions ready with you.
- Visit ssc.nic.in and click on the Register button under New Registration Section
- Fill the Details such as Roll No, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, gender, etc.
- You will get a provisional registration id and password
STAGE 2: Upload Signature and Photograph
- Upload the Scanned files of Signature & Photograph
- The image size should not exceed 20 kb
- Signature file should not exceed 12 kb
STAGE 3: Form Filling and Application
Fill in the educational details, communication details and Personal details after uploading the documents successfully. Candidates must fill the application form carefully. Though registration details can be edited, however, only 2 attempts are allowed for this process.
STAGE 4 – Online Payment or Challan
Applicants must pay INR 100 to submit the application, the payment can be made either online or offline via challan directly in bank.
- Female candidates must click the exemption button.
- Those who wish to pay offline fee must download the bank challan and submit in any nearby State Bank of India branches. After 48 hours revisit the application page and click on “Check Your Application Status Here” for the status of payment made.
- For Online Option, Choose the desired mode of payment from drop down and continue with the payment
- In case of any technical failure and the amount gets deducted, refund will be processed in 48 Hours or connect with the respective bank for further queries.
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Admit Card
The admit card for SSC CHSL 2017-18 is available approximately 2 weeks before the commencement of exam. Candidates can download SSC CHSL 2017-18 Admit Card from the regional SSC website.
- Admit Card will be available for different stages separately.
- Link to download admit card will be provided at the registered email ID
- To access SSC CHSL Admit Card use Registration Id, Date of Birth and Roll Number.
- The admit card will be in the .pdf form
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Exam Centers
SSC CHSL 2017-18 will be held across 9 SSC Regions in multiple cities. The exam centers are located in the following states:
|Andman and Nicobar||Karnataka||Kerala|
|Mizoram||Andhra Pradesh||Tamil Nadu|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Himachal Pradesh||Punjab|
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Aspirants can start making preparation strategy in accordance to the examination pattern for a better performance. Here, get the details of SSC CHSL 2017-18 Exam Pattern:
- SSC CHSL will be conducted in three stages- Tier 1(Computer Based Test), Tier 2 (Written Test) and Tier 3 (Skill Based Test)
- Tier 1 will comprise 200 MCQs to be completed in 75 minutes.
- Tier 2 will have questions on essay or letter writing to be completed in 60 minutes’ time.
- The next stage i.e. Tier 3 will be a skill based test for selected candidates.
1/4th marks of the total marks allotted to the question will be deducted as penalty for every wrong answer in Tier 1 exam.
Questions in Tier 1 will be from various topics viz. General Intelligence, English Language, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude.
Have a glance at all the stages of SSC CHSL exam along with the modes in which they will be conducted.
|Tier 1||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier 2||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier 3||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
The detailed SSC CHSL Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Components||Tier 1||Tier 2|
|Exam duration||75 Minutes||60 Minutes|
|Language Mode||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
|Negative marking||0.50 for each wrong attempt||NO|
Tier 3 exam will be skill based test where typing and data entry speed is analyzed of the prospective candidates:
- Typing Test: For English typing- typing speed of 35 words per minute is required, For Hindi typing- typing speed of 30 words per minute is mandatory. Typing test will be applicable for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, and Court Clerk posts.
- Skill Test: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer. Skill test is conducted for Data Entry Operator post.
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Syllabus
For General Awareness Section: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- This Section covers all general awareness of the environment and its surrounding.
- Read all topics which relates to everyday science
- You Must have good knowledge about India and its neighboring countries which means knowledge of (Culture, History, General Science, Geography and Scientific Research)
Click Here to Know Complete SSC CHSL Syllabus
For General Intelligence and Reasoning: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Series Completion, Coding-Decoding
- Blood Relations, Alphabets Test
- Sitting Arrangement, Ranking Test, Syllogism, etc
English Section: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension passage, etc
Quantitative Aptitude Section: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Basic Mathematics, Trigonometry
- Geometry, Statistics
Best Books for SSC CHSL 2017-18
SSC CHSL 2017-18 will primarily entail questions of 10+2 standard syllabus set by CBSE. However, for better preparation here are some Recommended Books for SSC CHSL 2017-18:
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal||8121905516|
|Analytical Reasoning||M K Pandey||8190458914|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations||Tata McGraw Hill||0070151954|
|Quick learning Objective General English||RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal||8121915317|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Agarwal||8121924987|
|Quicker Mathematics||M. Tyra||8190458922|
|Manorama Yearbook 2015 (English and Hindi)||Malayalam Manorama||-|
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Result
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Result is declared separately for each tier. To access your results, go to the official website of SSC or regional SSC website. The commission releases the result in the form of merit list. Given below are the steps to download SSC CHSL 2017-18 Result.
- Visit the official site of SSC, ssconline.nic.in.
- Click on the link “SSC CHSL 2017 Results”
- Download the PDF file for SSC CHSL Results
- Press ‘Ctrl + F’ and type your name and roll number
- Check your score and qualifying status
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Expected Cut Off
Candidates must obtain the equal or more than SSC CHSL 2017-18 cutoff marks in order to qualify in the exam. Candidates who belongs to reserved category can get relaxation of cutoff marks in compared to general category candidates.
The expected cut-off for Tier 1 of SSC CHSL 2017-18 are given below:
|Category||SSC CHSL Expected Cut off Marks (DEO)||SSC CHSL Expected Cut off Marks (LDC)||SSC CHSL Expected Cut off Marks (Postal / Sorting Asst.)|
The expected cut off for Tier 2 exam of SSC CHSL 2017-18 is:
|Category||SSC CHSL Expected Cutoff Marks|
Final SSC CHSL 2017-18 Expected Cut Off will be as follows:
|Category||Cut off Marks (LDC / DEO)|
Read More About SSC CHSL Expected Cutoff 2017- 2018
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Selection Process
SSC CHSL 2017-18 Selection Process is based on the result of all the three tiers. Candidates need to qualify each tier to appear in the subsequent tier. The final selection list is prepared by shortlisting applicants on the basis of their cumulative performance across the first two tiers. Tier 3 which is skill based test is the final stage to ensure that candidate possess required skills.
Candidates will be allotted to the various departments for the post of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Lower Divisional Clerks and Court Clerks on the basis of their merit and preference of post.
Resolution of Tie Cases: Tie cases will be resolved by applying one after another, as applicable till the Tie is resolved.
i. Total Marks in Tier 1+Tier 2.
ii. Total marks of Tier 2 Examination.
iii. Total marks in Tier 1 Examination.
iv. Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
v. Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear.
Candidates also need to undergo a document verification procedure after clearing all the tiers for final appointment. Candidates failiing to fullfil the eligibility criteia are automatically dropped from the final selection list.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College