SSC CGL 2018 Notification, Exam Dates, Admit Card, Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission will release the official notification for SSC CGL 2018 in March. The application form is expected to be available online from April 22, 2018. The Application fee for General Category is Rs 100/- while reserved category candidates are exempted from paying the fee. SSC CGL exam will have 3 tiers and the exam pattern for Tier 1 and Tier 2 are the same. Candidates have to attempt 4 sections namely Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Reasoning and Language Comprehension. Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 are computer-based tests while Tier 3 is a descriptive test. Check Detailed SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2018
- As per the notification released on March 19, 2018, SSC CGL Tier 3 descriptive paper will now be conducted in May 2018. Earlier the exam was scheduled for March 31, 2018, however, the postponement comes as a result of the ongoing protest of SSC aspirants against the alleged paper leak.
- SSC CGL Tier II Paper I will be re-conducted for all candidates who appeared for the exam on February 21 while candidates from Cyber City, Patna who appeared for exam Feb 21 will be required to appear for both Paper I and Paper II (Tier II) on March 09, 2018. Besides, candidates who had appeared for Tier II Exam at Animate Infotech, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, New Delhi and Nirman Infotech, Chandigarh on February 17, 2018 will also re-appear for the test on March 09 after commission accepted the plea of all candidates. Read Official Notice
- SSC CGL Tier II was conducted successfully from February 17 – February 22. Candidates can check the answer keys for different sessions of SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 below:
- Admit Card for the Tier 2 exam on March 9, 2018 is out. Download Now
- SSC CGL Tier 3 exam will be conducted on March 31, 2018.
SSC CGL Tier wise Important Dates 2018
SSC has released exam calendar for SSC Recruitment 2018. SSC CGL exam will be conducted from July 25, 2018- August 20, 2018. Download SSC Recruitment Dates 2018 in Pdf
|Release of advertisement||March 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Registration||April 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 exam||July 25, 2018- August 20, 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Result||October 30, 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Dates||November 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Result||March 2019|
Age limit and Educational Qualifications
Graduates from any recognized university can apply for SSC CGL. Candidates can check the following factors for satisfying the eligibility laid by SSC
- Age limit Criteria for SSC CGL 2018
- Relaxation in Age limit
- Post wise education qualification
The SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility Criteria is inclusive of the nationality, educational qualification, age limit, physical standards etc. A few important eligibility criteria for SSC CGL 2018 is discussed below:
- Nationality: The candidate must be:
- a citizen of India OR
- a subject of Nepal OR
- a subject of Bhutan OR
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before January 1, 1962, to permanently settling in India OR
- A PIO (person of Indian origin) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam to permanently settle down in India.
- Age Limit: The candidates should satisfy the age limit criteria applicable to different posts. The Commission accepts the DOB mentioned on the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate only. However, there is a relaxation for candidates belonging to certain categories.
- Educational Qualification: The basic academic eligibility that the candidates have to fulfill is to have a Bachelor’s degree. There are other criteria such as minimum percentage, Course of graduation that is applicable to different posts.
Steps to fill SSC Online Application Form
The process of filling the SSC CGL 2018 Application Form is completely online and comprises of two steps-Online Registration and Online Application Form filling. Interested candidates can apply online at ssc.nic.in from April 2018.
- Visit the official website and click on the link for SSC CGL 2018 Application Form
- Fill all the required details.
- A Page with Registration no. will be generated. Note it down.
- Pay the application fee through Credit/Debit Card, SBI Net banking or SBI Bank challan.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature.
- Submit the form.
- You will receive an email confirming successful submission of the form. Take a printout for future use.
SSC CGL 2018 Application Fee
There are three modes in which the applicants can remit the SSC CGL 2018 Application Fee.
- via SBI Netbanking
- Via SBI Bank Challan in Offline mode
- via Debit/ Credit card
The Application Fee for different categories is mentioned in the table below.
SSC CGL Admit Card: Download Region wise
The Commission releases a separate SSC CGL Admit Card for every tier on the regional websites of SSC. The candidates can follow these steps to download the Admit Card.
- Go to the Regional websites of SSC. (Eg: for a candidate of Delhi, visit the official site of SSC Northern Region)
- The applicants can download the SSC CGL Admit Card by using their Registration ID, By Roll No. or by Name including the candidate’s Date of Birth
- Click on “Search status”.
- The candidates can then download the SSC CGL Admit Card and take a print out of the same.
Exam Centers for SSC CGL 2018
The SSC CGL 2018 will be conducted in 120 cities across India.
- All the SSC CGL Exam Centers are segregated into 9 main regions of the country.
- The applicants have to fill the choice of their centers in the Application Form for SSC CGL 2018.
- The Commission reserves the right to make a decision regarding the final allotment of SSC CGL Exam Center.
- Any changes regarding the exam centers will be notified on the regional official websites of SSC and leading newspapers of the regions.
- The candidates of SSC CGL 2018 will know the final allotted Exam Center in the admit card.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
Aspirants should have an extensive knowledge of the SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern to score well in the exam.
- SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 and Tier 2 is a computer-based test.
- Tier 3 is a pen and paper based test. It was introduced in 2016.
- Tier 4 is applicable for only certain posts.
- Negative marking is applicable in the examination. Each incorrect entry carries a penalty of 0.25 marks.
- The SSC CGL 2018 question paper will be set in Hindi and English.
- The General Studies (Finance and Economics) paper is applicable for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
The Quantitative Abilities and English Language & Comprehension sections are obligatory whereas the Statistics paper is only for the candidates applying for the Statistical Investigator Gr. II and Compiler post.
The highlights of SSC CGL Exam Pattern are detailed in this table:
|Tier||Mode of examination||Scheme of Examination||Marks||Time|
|I||Computer Based Examination (CBT)||4 sections - General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension; 25 questions per section||50 Marks Per section; Total – 200 Marks||75 Minutes; 100 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|II||CBT||Separate Paper for Quantitative Abilities, English Language & comprehension, Statistics and General Studies (Finance and Economics); 100 questions per paper**||Total – 200 Marks Per Paper||2 hours per paper; 2 hours and 40 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|III||Pen and paper mode||A descriptive paper in English/Hindi (Essay/Letter/Application writing)||Total Marks - 100||60 Minutes; 80 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
SSC CGL Result Declaration 2018
Candidates can access the SSC CGL Result from the official website of SSC.
- SSC CGL 2018 Result is released separately for each of the 3 Tiers. T
- Staff Selection Commission releases the result in PDF Format.
- Candidates have to check their result against their Name and roll number.
- Candidates can avail the individual score card using their Registration no./ Roll no. and date of birth.
SSC CGL 2018 Selection Process
The entire SSC CGL 2018 Selection Process consists of 3 Tiers.
- Each Tier acts as a qualifying stage for the next Tier.
- The final shortlisted candidates are gauged on the basis of cumulative performance of all the 3 Tiers.
- A tier IV is also conducted for certain posts. It is a Data Skill Test (DEST)/ Computer Proficiency Test (CPT).
- The SSC CGL Selection Process also has a document verification stage where the eligibility of the candidates will be counter checked along with the documents they produce.
Q1. I have completed my engineering with computer science branch in June 2018. I filled my group preference as A, B and C. Is this the correct preference for me? I am really confused related to job posts as I am interested in desk job. So can you suggest me the suitable posts for the same (also I am interested for the post of assistant in railway ministry).
A. The desk job sunder SSC CGL are – Assistants, Auditors, Accountants, Tax-assistants, upper division clerks, etc. If you want a job in Railway Ministry, you can go for SSC CGL post of Assistant in Railway Ministry.
Q2. I want to apply for IB, Railway and Narcotics Department through CGL, so will I have to attend all 4 tier or only tier 1 & 2?
A. If you want to apply for IB, Railway and Narcotics Department, you have to appear only for Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 exam. Tier 4 is only for those candidates who are applying for the post of Asst. Section Officer in CSS.
Q3. How do I prepare for SSC CGL 2017-8?
A. Before you start preparing for SSC CGL exam, you must get acquainted to the exam pattern and syllabus. Based on this, you must make a plan for your preparation. This plan should distribute your time sufficiently across all the subjects, focusing on the most important topics and the ones you are weak at. With a plan in place, you can start your preparation.
Q4. Which is better – writing SSC CGL or becoming a bank PO?
A. Well, both have their perks and attractions. A bank PO’s job has got more glamour, but the workload would be high. An SSC CGL officer can enjoy job security and the authority of a government job. So, if you are looking for a relaxed job where you can devote sufficient time to your personal life, then go for SSC CGL. Or if you are an ambitious person who doesn’t mind putting in the hours, go for Bank PO exams.
Q5. Which is the best way to prepare for SSC CGL 2017-18?
A. There are 3 options available –Self-preparation, Offline Coaching & Online Coaching Preparing using an online coaching program will give you the flexibility to learn at your pace and place.
Q6. How do I choose my post preferences?
A. As you know, you are required to mention your post preferences while applying for SSC CGL 2018. This choice needs to be based on your understanding of the nature of work and also your personal preferences.
Q7. I made a mistake while filling up the application form for SSC CGL 2018. Can I fill it again?
A. Yes, You most definitely can. SSC will take in only the latest application that you have filled. The earlier versions will be discarded. So, if you have made a mistake while filling it, go back to square one and start filling it again.
Q8. Is there negative marking in SSC CGL exam?
Q9. SSC CGL 2018 exam would be online or offline?
Ans. SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1,2 and 4 would be online. Tier 3 would be an offline, descriptive paper.
Q10. Is it correct that few categories are exempted from paying the exam fee in SSC CGL?
Ans. Yes, candidates belonging to SC/ ST, PwD, Ex-servicemen, and women do not have to make any fee payment.
Q11. Hi, I have applied for the wrong post by mistake. How can I change it in the application form?
Ans. You need to apply again using a unique e-mail ID for SSC CGL. The latest application of the candidate is accepted by the conducting body. Fill the correct post in the application form.
Q12. I will turn 28 by the end of this year. Can I still apply for the post of Tax Assistant this year?
Ans. No, you cannot apply for the mentioned post as the candidate must be 27 years old till August 01, 2017.
Q13. My fee is deducted from my bank account. But due to technical issue it is not reflected in the form section. What should I do?
Ans. If in case fee payment is deducted from the bank and due to technical issue, your form is not submitted then the amount will be refunded to you within 2 days. You can also contact to your bank also.
Q14. I have done BA (Prog.). Can I apply for Statistical Investigator Grade II?
Ans. No. As per the SSC CGL eligibility criteria, a candidate applying for this post must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/ Mathematics/ Stats only.
Q15. What are the posts that require computer proficiency?
Ans. Computer Proficiency is necessary for the posts of Assistant Section Officer (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA) and Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate Affairs, Assistant (GSI) in M/o Mines.
Q16. What are the changes done in Exam Pattern for SSC CGL Tier 1?
Ans. Candidates have to attempt the questions in 60 minutes. VH and Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy, have to attempt Ques paper in 80 minutes.
Q17. Will SSC CGL 2016 Score Card be valid for 2017 session?
Ans. No, you have to appear for SSC CGL again.
Q18. I have given SSC CGL more than 3 times but I didn’t clear any of it. Is there any limit to appear for the exam?
Ans. No, the conducting body has not set any limit or number so as to how many times one can appear for the exam.
Q19. My eye sight is weak, I want to know which posts I am eligible for in SSC CGL.
Ans. You are eligible for the following posts.
- Assistant Sectional Officers in Central Secretariat
- Assistant in Ministry of Railways
- Assistant in AFHQ
- Inspector in CBEC
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College