SRMJEEE 2018: Application Form, Date, Slot Booking, Syllabus
SRM Institute of Science and Technology has released the online application forms for SRMJEEE 2018 at applications.srmuniv.ac.in. The application forms can be filled from November 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018.
SRMJEEE is a Joint Entrance Examination for Engineering for admission to B.Tech and M.Tech degree programs offered in Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani and Ghaziabad campuses of SRM Institute of Science and Technology Chennai, Amaravati campus of SRM University– AP and Sonepat Campus of SRM University– Haryana.
The number of exam centers has been decreased from 150 to 117 in 2017. Also, the exam is being held at 5 international cities namely, Dubai, Muscat, Kuwait, Bahrain and Doha.
March 31: The last date to apply online for SRMJEEE 2018.
April 07: Last date to complete SRMJEEE Slot Booking for Online Entrance Examination.
- Candidates who are the top rank holders of their respective state or central board exams can seek direct admission to SRM University by applying directly.
- SRM allows candidates to book their preferred exam slot. Check SRMJEEE Slot Booking
- SRM University provides SMS facility to candidates to check their SRMJEEE Result 2018.
- Candidates must fill in their mobile number correctly so that their result for SRMJEEE 2018 can be sent to the correct mobile number.
SRMJEEE 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam)|
|Conducting Body||Sri Ramaswami Memorial University, Chennai|
|Mode of Application||Online | Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Seats||7000 approx.|
|Number of Applications in 2017||2 lakhs approx.|
Changes Introduced in SRMJEEE 2018
The minimum eligibility criteria of SRM Ghaziabad (NCR) campus has been reduced to aggregate 50% in PCM for 2018. Last year, the minimum qualifying marks was 55%.
The application fee to apply for SRMJEEE 2018 has been raised to INR 1100. Earlier, it was INR 900.
By this time, Aadhaar Card has to be scanned and uploaded by the candidates during SRMJEEE Registration.
Event Calendar for SRMJEE 2018
The SRMJEEE exam is scheduled for different slots at different test centers. Here is the list of important events for SRMJEEE 2018:
|Availability of Application Form||November 01, 2017 – March 31, 2018|
|SRMJEEE Slot Booking begins from||April 7, 2018|
|SRMJEEE Admit Card can be downloaded from||April 2018|
|SRMJEEE 2018||April 16 – 30, 2018|
|SRMJEEE Result||May 3, 2018|
|SRMJEEE Counseling on SRM University campus||2nd Week of May, 2018|
Who is eligible to apply for SRMJEEE 2018
SRM University follows certain eligibility guidelines for SRMJEEE. Candidates must adhere to these guidelines to seek admission into the various programs of SRM University:
- Residents of India, NRIs, holder of PIO/OCI card issued by Government of India are eligible to apply.
- NRIs, holders of PIO/OCI card issued by Government of India who has not taken the SRMJEEE exam must apply under international student category only.
- Passed in 10+2 or appearing in the current academic year with PCM/PCB as major subjects in full-time regular from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or A-level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Botany & Zoology/ Biotechnology as major subjects in any International schools.
- Candidates who have not studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in 11 and 12 are eligible to appear only for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering programs.
Only candidates who have born between July 01, 1997 and July 01, 2002 are eligible to apply for SRMJEEE (UG) 2018.
Campus-specific and Programme-specific Eligibility Criteria
|University||Campus||Aggregate of PCM||Aggregate of PCB|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, AP||Amaravati||60%||Not Applicable|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Haryana||Sonepat||50%||Not Applicable|
How to apply for SRMJEEE 2018
Availability of SRMJEEE Application Form: November 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018
Last date for receipt of filled-in OMR application at the university office: March 1, 2018.
SRMJEEE (UG) application form can be filled by any of the options-
Option 1: Apply online with e-payment
Option 2: Fill the OMR form and send it to the following address by safe means.
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRM University),
Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District,
Tamil Nadu 603203.
The online application form for SRMJEEE 2018 can be filled at https://applications.srmuniv.ac.in and pay the application fees online. However, the offline form can be obtained by downloading the application form available at the official website.
Instructions to Fill Offline Application Form
- The form should be filled by the candidate in his own handwriting.
- The only original application should be sent.
- Write with black ink ball-point pen in the boxes wherever provided. Darken the alphabet/ numeral/oval using an HB pencil only.
- If you wish to change a marking, erase the darkened spot completely and make a fresh mark.
- Do not scribble, cut, tear or erase the application form.
- Do not write, make any mark on I deface the Barcode.
- Paste a recent, good-quality colour photograph of you against a light coloured background.
- An incomplete application or application filled in a language other than English will be rejected.
- Options, once filled in the application form, cannot be changed at a later stage.
- Retain the photocopy of SRMJEEE Application Form for future correspondence.
Write your name in CAPITAL LETTERS as given in your 10th standard school certificate. Write only one letter in a box. Do not leave any blank box between the letters in a word. One box should be left as blank between two consecutive words of your name. If your name has several initials, leave one blank after each of them. Do not prefix your name with Mr., Ms., etc.
Details to fill in Application Form
While applying for SRMJEEE 2018 in offline mode, candidates are required to fill the following details. It must be noted that all the items mentioned below are mandatory to fill:
Item 1: Name of the Candidate
Item 2: Gender
Item 3: University Code
Item 4: Date of Birth
Item 5: State & Union Territories
Item 6: Contact Number/Details
Item 7: Percentage of Marks (%) obtained in 10th standard
Item 8: Details of class 12th board/equivalent
Item 9: Exam Center
Item 10: Email ID
Item 11: Photograph
Item 12: Signature
Item 13: Declaration
Steps for Online Application Form
The steps to fill the online SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form are as follows:
Step 1 – Registration: Register at the official website to apply for SRMJEEE 2018 by entering Name, Date of Birth, Email ID and the Phone number.
The User ID and Password will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidates.
Step 2 – Login: Post receiving the login credentials, log in to their accounts to fill the SRMJEEE 2018 application form.
Step 3 – Filling the application form: Fill in all the mandatory details in SRMJEEE 2018 application form.
Step 4 – Uploading Scanned Documents: Upload the recent photograph and signature as per the required specifications.
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fee: Make the e-payment by net banking/credit/debit card. And take the printout of filled in SRMJEEE 2018 application form.
- Cost of Online application form is INR 1100.
- Cost of Offline application form is INR 1160.
For offline mode of application, a DD of INR ‘1160/- drawn in favour of SRMIST, payable at Chennai, has to be sent. This has to reach before the last date specified. Candidates should write their name and address on the reverse of DD and send to the above-mentioned address.
What is SRMJEEE Slot Booking?
Date of SRMJEEE Slot Booking: April 7, 2018
Slot booking is an online process wherein candidates have to select their desired test date and time slot for the exam. Given below are the instructions to book a slot for SRMJEEE 2018:
- The Default Test City will be the one that was already opted as First Choice during SRMJEEE application.
- Candidates will be provided with the 2nd and 3rd choice Test City if the first Test City choice has very few applicants.
- Refer to the exam center table (provided during SRMJEEE Slot Booking) to select the convenient date for your SRM Joint Entrance Exam for Engineering (SRMJEEE).
- Put the correct application number. The application number starts with 10, XX, XXX series for B.Tech
- Test Center's/ Test Dates will be added as and when more applicants choose that particular Test Center.
- In case of any difficulty, contact the authority through the Tab - "Any Query Ask Us", available at the Dashboard of Online Application System.
Issue of Admit Card: After April 7, 2018
- SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card will only be issued to the candidates whose applications are received by the SRM University on or before the last date.
- The admit cards will be available online at the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in only.
- Admit cards will not be dispatched by post or any other offline mode.
Candidates must note these important points pertaining to the SRMJEEE 2018 admit card:
- SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card has essential information like the candidate's name, photograph, address of communication, exam center chosen by candidate and the date and slot of exam chosen by the candidate.
- Take multiple copies of the admit card and preserve them for future correspondence.
- Do not tamper with the information mentioned on the admit card. If any discrepancies are found, contact the concerned examination authority immediately after downloading the admit card.
- SRMJEEE 2018 admit card is non-transferable. If anybody is found impersonating candidate, both candidate and the impersonator will be liable for strict legal action.
SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Centers
SRMJEEE 2018 will be conducted in 117 centers across India. From 2017, 5 international exam centers have been included to make it easier for NRIs to appear for the exam. These are:
Candidates will have the option to choose their 3 preferred exam center location while filling up the online application form. They must note that while SRM University will try their best to allocate a candidate their preferred exam center, the university cannot guarantee the same. Check out the map provided below for SRMJEEE Exam Centers with Codes:
Paper Pattern of SRMJEEE
- Questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology depending on candidate's choice of subjects.
- Candidates must note that for subjects like Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, they will be accountable for the questions pertaining to Biology.
Check SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Pattern highlights in the table given below for a clearer picture of the exam:
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of questions||105|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative marking||Not applicable in SRMJEEE 2018|
|Sections||Physics – 35 questions|
|Chemistry – 35 questions|
|Mathematics – 35 questions or Biology – 35 questions|
SRMJEEE 2018 Syllabus
- The question paper will be divided into 3 sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology.
- Candidates must note that while the Physics and Chemistry sections of the paper are compulsory, they can choose if they want to attempt the Mathematics or Biology section.
- For admission to courses like Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, candidates must attempt the Biology section and their score in this section only will be considered.
- Questions will be based on the four subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics – from their knowledge of the same in their 10+2 level (qualifying exam).
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Physics
- Electronics and Communication
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Units and Measurement
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Energetics
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Families – Periodic Properties
- States of Matter
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Mathematics
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Vector Algebra
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem and its Applications
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Permutations and Combinations
- Quadratic Equations
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Matrices and Determinants
- Complex Numbers
- Sets, Relations and Functions
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Biology
- Taxonomy of Angiosperm
- Plant Anatomy
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Plant Physiology
- Biology in Human Welfare
- Human Physiology
- Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
- Environmental Science
- Applied Biology
- Theories of Evolution
SRMJEEE 2018 Result
SRMJEE 2018 Results will be declared online on the official website of the SRM University. Candidates will be updated with their ranks via SMS on the registered mobile numbers which they have entered in their application form. SRM University offers admissions for 7,000 B. Tech seats to their three campuses. Candidates must follow these steps to get their results from the official SRM University website:
- Candidate will have to first log in to the official website of the SRM University.
- Candidates will then have to enter their SRMJEEE 2018 application number or registration number or the admit card number.
- Candidates will be able to check their All India Rank after entering the particulars asked for on the official website of the SRM University and get their results.
Candidates must note their rank correctly and take a print out of the score card for future references. The rank given to the candidate in SRMJEEE 2018 Result declaration will be considered final for candidate in the counselling and all future processes for admission to SRM University for their B. Tech courses.
SRMJEEE 2018 Merit List
After the declaration of the SRMJEEE 2018 results, a merit list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks secured in the exam by all candidates and the number of candidates who have appeared for the exam. The ranking will be given to the candidates for the counseling process only.
SRMJEEE 2018 Cut Off
- SRMJEEE 2018 Cut off will be released along with the results of SRMJEEE 2018.
- It is going to be declared in form of a score card.
- Candidates can download it from official website of the SRM University www.srmuniv.ac.in.
- The following table gives a marks range corresponding to the rank range from the previous years' score cards:
|Above 250||Below 2000|
|230 – 250||2000 – 5000|
|200 – 229||5001 – 9000|
|170 – 199||9001 – 13000|
|150 – 169||13001 – 15000|
|130 – 149||1500-1 – 17000|
|Less than 130||Above 17000|
SRMJEEE 2018 Scholarships Offered
SRM University offers scholarships to meritorious candidates on the basis of his/her marks in class 12 and state domicile. Candidates must note the following rules that are applicable to scholarships:
Haryana Domicile’s scholarships – As per Haryana Private Universities act 2006, 25% of total seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to Haryana. It will be given on the basis of candidate’s rank in National level entrance examination such as SRMHJEEEE, SRMHCMAT or SRMHCLAT 2018.
Chancellor’s scholarships – Academically meritorious candidates are eligible for the Chancellor’s scholarship provided by the SRM University. Candidates must secure a good rank in national level entrance exams of the SRM University such as SRMHJEEEE, SRMHCMAT or SRMHCLAT 2018. The scholarship is offered in the following marks brackets:
- 100% scholarships in tuition fees are offered to students scoring 95% - 100% in class 12.
- 50% scholarships in tuition fees are offered to students scoring 90%-94% in class 12.
- 25% scholarships in tuition fees are offered to students scoring 85%-89% in class 12.
SRMJEEE 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of results, SRM University will declare the schedule and venues for SRMJEEE Counselling. Candidates must make a note of the following information that holds true for the counseling process:
Reporting as per rank – Candidates will be called to report for the counseling process at the center allocated to them according to their rank in SRMJEEE 2018. There might be two rounds of counseling for the 7000 seats. After the completion of the first round, a second round will take place only if there are vacant seats.
Document verification – After candidate reports at the counselling center allocated to him/her, he/she will have to get his/her documents verified. Candidates will have to carry his/her documents along with him/her whenever called for and must produce correct and valid documents only. Candidates will require the following documents during the counselling process:
- SRMJEEE 2018 Rank Card
- SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card
- Counseling Call Letter
- Marks sheet of class X
- Marks sheet of class XII
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Demand draft for fee payment
Allotment of seat – Candidates will be allocated seats only after his/her documents are verified with the payment of INR 1,00,000.
Candidates must note that their allocated seat will be given to the next deserving candidate if he/she fails to product the documents or correct amount of admission fees. Candidates must also note that a call to the counselling process does not guarantee them a seat for the B. Tech course at the SRM University.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College