SNAP 2017 Admit Card, Exam Date, Pattern, Syllabus
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is a national level management entrance exam, conducted by SIU (Symbiosis International University). Each year, nearly 50,000 candidates compete for 2257 MBA seats. SNAP Score is accepted by 15 Symbiosis Institutes.
- SNAP Admit Card is available now. Download hall ticket before December 17
- SNAP 2017 is scheduled on December 17. It will be conducted in online mode across 102 SNAP Exam Centres.
- The exam will comprise 150 objective questions that must be completed in 2 hours. Check SNAP Exam Pattern
- There are 4 sections in the exam viz. Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and General Awareness. Check SNAP Sample Papers
- SIU will declare SNAP Result on December 28 at its official website.
- SNAP Cutoff 2017 is expected to be around 98 for the top SNAP Colleges. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Exercise, Personal Interview and Written Ability Test (GE-PIWAT).
Highlights of SNAP
|Exam Name||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|SNAP Official Website||www.snaptest.org|
|SNAP Helpdesk||020-39116226 | email@example.com|
SNAP 2017 Exam Dates (Announced)
The table below shows the official schedule for SNAP 2017:
|Commencement of SNAP 2017 Registration||August 10, 2017|
|Last Date to Fill SNAP Application Form||November 27, 2017|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||November 27, 2017|
|Availability of SNAP Admit Card 2017||December 01, 2017 to December 17, 2017|
|SNAP 2017 Exam Date||December 17, 2017|
|SNAP 2017 Result Date||December 28, 2017|
|Commencement of Shortlisting of Candidates for GE, PI & WAT||3rd week of January 2018|
|Date for General Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI) & Writing Ability Test (WAT)||1st week of February 2018|
Release of SNAP 2017 Final Merit List
|4th week of February 2018|
Check SNAP Exam Dates
SNAP Eligibility 2017
SIU has defined minimum eligibility conditions for a candidate to register for the exam. It is mandatory to fulfill these criteria so as to avoid cancellation of candidature. Read below to know SNAP Eligibility:
- Candidates from General Category must have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks.
- SC/ST Category students must have at least 45% marks in Graduation.
- Candidates appearing in final year are also eligible.
- There is no age-limit to apply for SNAP.
- Foreign nationals/ PIO/ OCI/ NRI are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates having foreign degrees must be verified from AIU.
SNAP 2017 Reservation Policy
Following is SNAP Reservation for admission to any programme in Institutes of SIU (except Symbiosis Institutes of Management Studies, which has a separate policy).
|Category||Reservation of Seats (%)|
|Kashmiri Migrants||2 per programme|
SNAP Registration 2017
SIU will release SNAP application form online. The registration window will be open from August 10- November 24, 2017.
Steps to Register for SNAP 2017
- Visit the official website i.e. snaptest.org
- Click on “ New Register” button and click ‘I Agree’
- Fill your personal, educational, and other details (Part 1)
- Click ‘Save and Continue’ to receive and OTP on mobile number and email id
- Enter OTP and submit
- You will receive a SNAP ID & Password via email and SMS
- Pay the application fee through either online mode (INR 1750) or Demand Draft (INR 2065)
- Proceed to Online Registration Form (Part 2) to choose programmes and colleges
Read more SNAP Registration
SNAP 2017 Application Fee
- Candidates are required to pay the application fee through either online mode (INR 1750) or Demand Draft (INR 2065).
- To pay online, you may choose Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking.
- You also have the option of paying the fee through Demand Draft. It should be drawn in favor of Symbiosis University – “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- After filling SNAP Application Form, take the print out and send it to the following address –
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27, Tele fax: 020-39116228
SNAP 2017 Admit Card
- Admit card of SNAP 2017 is now available until December 17, 2017.
- The hall ticket can be downloaded in online mode only. It will not be sent by post.
- Please ensure that your latest passport size, colour photograph is pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for before appearing for the test.
- Admit Card along with a Photo Identity proof should be carried to SNAP Exam Centre at the time of the test. An acceptable photo identity is any one of the following,
- Driving license.
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
- An authorized person will verify and authenticate SNAP Admit Card against the photo-id on the day of the test. Please preserve this authenticated Admit Card for further GE-PIWAT processes.
How to Download SNAP Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of SNAP i.e. snaptest.org.
- Click the link ‘ Download SNAP 2017 admit card’
- Enter your SNAP ID and Password.
- Click on login.
- Download the admit card and take a print out of the same.
SNAP 2017 Exam Centers
- SNAP 2017 Test will be conducted in 102 cities all over India.
- A candidate may choose three preferences of test cities of the following for SNAP ONLINE 2017 Test.
- The list of SNAP 2017 Exam Centers is mentioned in the drop down list after selecting the program for which they wish to apply.
- The center would be allocated on the basis of availability of slots.
- The final allotted SNAP Exam Center is mentioned on the admit card.
SNAP 2017 Exam Pattern
For all those preparing for SNAP 2017, it is essential to be thorough with the pattern and syllabus first. A better preparation definitely yields a better result. Given below are key highlights of SNAP Exam Pattern for your reference. Once you are thorough with it, you may practice some of our SNAP Question Papers.
|Highlights of SNAP Exam Pattern|
|SNAP 2017 Exam Date||December 17, 2017|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Nature of Questions||Objective|
|Duration of SNAP||120 minutes|
|Sections||General English, Quantitative Data, Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General Awareness and Analytical & Logical Reasoning|
|SNAP Marking Scheme|
Correct Answer- +1 mark
Incorrect Answer- -0.25 marks
Read Detailed SNAP Exam Pattern
SNAP Sectional Pattern
Given below is the section-wise break-up of questions in SNAP:
|Quantitative Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40||40|
SNAP 2016 Paper Analysis
SNAP 2016 was conducted in offline mode. It consisted of 150 MCQs for a total of 150 marks Questions were mostly Easy to Moderate to solve. Given below is the ideal time break up for each section and expected number of questions that can be attempted to ensure a good SNAP score:
|Sections||Time to Devote||Expected Number of Attempts||Expected Marks|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40||18-22||16-18|
SNAP Syllabus 2017
- The syllabus for SNAP contains questions of graduation level.
- It is designed to test a candidate’s general aptitude.
- SNAP Syllabus is divided into 4 sections- General English, Quantitative Data, Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General Awareness and Analytical & Logical Reasoning.
- We suggest you start your preparations beforehand so that you are thorough with the complete syllabus.
- Here are some of the most important topics in SNAP 2017:
|General English||Verbal reasoning, antonyms, and synonyms, sentence correction, critical reasoning, fill in the blanks, syllogism, analogies, idioms|
|Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency||Area graph, Line graph, Charts (Columns, Bar, Pie), Tables, Venn diagrams, Number system, Geometry, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Quadratic & Linear Equation, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Work, Trigonometry|
|Logical Reasoning||Clocks and calendars, Directions, Binary Logic, Coding-decoding, Blood relations, Linear and matrix arrangement, Syllogism|
Business, Punch line of companies, Entertainment, World Records, Automobiles, Science, Top officials of big companies, History, Finance, Geography, Books and authors, Quotations, Social issues, Politics
SNAP 2017 Result
- The result of SNAP 2017 will be announced on December 28, 2017.
- The result releases online at snaptest.org in the form of a score card.
- SNAP Score Card includes sectional and scaled scores.
- Based on SNAP Result, all participating institutes of SIU announce the shortlisted candidates.
- Selected candidates have to attend GE-PI and WAT rounds.
How to Check SNAP Result?
Visit the official website i.e. snaptest.org
Log in through your SNAP user id and password
Click on ‘login’ button
Take a print out of SNAP score card
Expected SNAP Cut Off 2017
- Cut off for SNAP 2017 is likely to release in January 2018, after the declaration of result.
- Once the result of SNAP 2017 is announced, all participating institutes will release their individual cut offs for admission to various management programs.
- SNAP Cut off 2017 is expected to follow the same trend as previous years. A score of 98% or above should make it easy for the candidate to get admission into their desired college and the remaining 1% helps to make it to the desired Management Stream.
- The graph below charts the expected SNAP Cutoff for institutes affiliated with Symbiosis University.
Factors determining SNAP Cut off
- Number of candidates' appearing for SNAP
- Number of candidates' passing the SNAP exam
- Difficulty level of the question paper
- Number of seats available
SNAP 2017 Selection Procedure
- SNAP is held every year for admissions into PG management programs of Symbiosis International University and its participating institutes.
- Post announcement of the result, each SNAP College announces its own individual cutoff.
- Candidates who secure the minimum cut off marks participate in Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Writing Ability Test (GE – PIWAT) rounds.
- SNAP Selection Procedure is expected to begin in February 2018.
- It is mandatory for candidates to attend all components of GE-PIWAT.
SNAP Merit List 2017
Once the selection process is over, a final Merit list is announced, declaring the names of selected candidates for admission in the management programs in various campuses. The final merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
|Writing Ability Test||10|
|SNAP score (scaled down)||50|
SNAP Colleges 2017
There are 15 institutes that accept SNAP Score. It is mandatory to score the minimum cutoff score to stand eligible for admission. Given below is the complete list of SNAP Colleges for your reference:
|NAME OF THE INSTITUTE||PROGRAM||SEATS AVAILABLE|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM, Pune)||MBA|
MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology)|
M.Sc. (Computer Applications)
M.Sc. (System Security)
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD, Pune)||MBA|
MBA (Infrastructure Management)
MBA (Business Analytics)
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)||MBA (International Business)|
MBA (Agri Business)
MBA (Energy & Environment)
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)||MBA (Telecom Management)||120|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS, Pune)||MBA||300|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC, Pune)||MBA (Communication Management)||120|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik (SIOM, Nashik)||MBA (Operations Management)||120|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)|
MBA (Data Sciences and Data Analytics)
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS, Pune)||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)||77|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM, Bengaluru)||MBA||150|
|Symbiosis School for Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)||MBA (Communication Management)||80|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF, Pune) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||MBA (Banking and Finance)||50|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)||MBA||120|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS, Pune)||MBA (Sports Management)||120|