The online registration for SNAP 2018 is scheduled to begin in 4th week of August, 2017. Interested candidates can apply till 4th week of November, 2017. SNAP 2018 is a national level test and is held in offline mode. The exam is held for admissions to various Management courses offered by the institutes associated with Symbiosis University.
SNAP 2018 Admit Card will be available from the first week of December, 2017 onwards on the official website. Aspiring candidates will have to appear for SNAP 2018 in the 3rd week of December, 2017.
SNAP comprises of 4 sections- Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and General Awareness. The duration of SNAP 2018 is 2 hours to attempt 150 questions. The correct answers will fetch 1 mark each while ¼ marks will be deducted for wrong answers. Check Exam Pattern for SNAP
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the cut off released by SNAP authorities after successful declaration of results. The candidates will be called for GD, PI and WAT.
SNAP 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University|
|Exam Type||National Level Examination|
|Exam Date||Third week of December 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks required in Graduate Level Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
SNAP 2018 Important Dates
SNAP 2018 registration will be carried out online for all the candidates. Aspirants shall visit the official website of SNAP and fulfill all the required formalities. SNAP 2018 is expected to be conducted in the 3rd week of December, 2017.
All the candidates who wish to get admission in institutes associated with Symbiosis University must go through the temporary dates provided below for all the important events related to SNAP 2018.
|Commencement of Registration Process||4th week of August, 2017|
|End of Registration Process||4th week of November, 2017|
|Last date to pay the application fee||4th week of November, 2017|
|Download of the Admit Card||1st week of December, 2017 onwards|
|Date of Examination||3rd week of December, 2017|
|Declaration of Results||2nd week of January, 2018|
SNAP 2018 Eligibility
SNAP 2018 exam is conducted to admit candidates to various management courses. Candidates must go through the SNAP 2018 Eligibility before applying for SNAP 2018 exam:
Candidate applying for SNAP 2018 test must be a national of India. Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO), Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and Foreign National (FN), candidates can also apply.
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks (for general candidates). Candidates belonging to SC/ST category are given relaxation of 5% aggregate marks.
Eligibility for Foreign candidates
International candidates must have qualifying degree from recognized university. Such candidates must also produce an equivalent certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
SNAP 2018 Reservation
SIU has provisions of reservation for the candidates with physical disabilities including vision impairment, hearing impairment, locomotor disabilities, mental retardation, multiple disabilities and dyslexia. The reservation in SNAP 2018 is as follows:
|Kashmiri Migrants (Supernumerary)||2 seats per program|
|International Candidates (Supernumerary)||15|
SNAP 2018 Application Form
SNAP 2018 Application Form may begin from the 4th week of August, 2017 on the official website of SNAP test. The registration includes 2 steps:
- Registration for SNAP 2018 test.
- Registration for Participating College to appear for GD and PI.
Filling the SNAP 2018 Application Form includes following steps:
- Go to the official website of SNAP test and click on ‘registration’ link.
- Enter email id, mobile number, password and other required information.
- Click on ‘register’. The confirmation of Username and password will be sent on the registered email id.
- Log in with username and password to fill the SNAP test 2018 application form.
- Fill in the personal, academic and work experience details along with the options of participating colleges.
- Upload the photograph within suggested dimensions and file format and submit the Application form thereafter.
- Submit the application fee of INR 1500+ INR 1000 (for institute’s registration) through credit card/ debit card, net banking, cash payment or demand draft.
SNAP 2018 Registration for Foreign Candidates
SNAP 2018 registration shall be open for foreign candidates as well. Symbiosis International University will prepare a central merit list for all the candidates who have registered themselves. The application procedure for Foreign candidates includes SNAP 2018 Application form filling, Document Verification and Generation of SNAP 2018 Merit List.
Registration to Institutes for GD and PI
Once the application form is submitted, the registration for participating institutes shall begin. Registration for participating institute shall be commenced from the official website of the particular college. The institutes accepting SNAP 2018 scores will be mentioned in the application form itself.
SNAP 2018 Admit Card
The admit card will be available online from the 1st week of December, 2017 onwards. The admit card is an essential document to be carried to the exam center, without which candidate will not be allowed to appear for the test. To download the SNAP 2018 Admit card, candidates must follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of SNAP.
- Click on ‘Download SNAP 2018 Admit Card’
- Enter the user id and password.
- The admit card will appear on the computer screen, download it and take multiple copies of it in print form.
SNAP 2018 Exam Pattern
SNAP 2018 exam is conducted in offline mode for 2 hours. The exam will consist of 4 sections- Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and General Awareness. The other test details are as follows:
|Mode of examination||Pen-Paper Based Test (Offline)|
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of questions||150 questions|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark|
|Negative marking||Yes, ¼ marks will be deducted|
|Sections||Quantitative Ability- 40 questions Logical Reasoning- 40 questions Verbal Ability- 40 questions General Awareness- 30 questions|
SNAP 2018 Results
Once the examination is conducted, the results will be declared in the 2nd week of January, 2018. The institutes accepting SNAP 2018 score will be listed in the registration form only. The score obtained by candidates in the SNAP 2018 test will form the basis of the cut off released by the SNAP authorities. The SNAP 2018 results can be obtained by:
- Go to the official website of SNAP and click on ‘Result’ link.
- Enter the SNAP ID and Password.
- The score card will be available to download.
SNAP 2018 Cut Off
SNAP 2018 cut off will be released separately by each participating college. Candidates will have to qualify to the cut off set by various colleges i.e. they must either score equal to the cut off or more than it. Mere qualifying to the cut off shall not ensure the admission of the candidate. The expected cut off for SNAP 2018 is:
SNAP 2018 Selection Process
The candidates will have to minimum cut off marks and depending on which they will be shortlisted. The shortlisted candidates will then be called for the participating institutes for further process of admission. SNAP 2018 selection procedure includes following steps:
- Group Discussion: Candidates will be evaluated in the Group Discussion Exercise of their ability to apply logic and reasons. Group discussion brings out the candidates’ ability to make decisions and management skills are highlighted. The overall marking in this section will be done out of 10 marks in total.
- Written Ability Test: Candidates will be asked to write an essay of 10 marks weightage. The essay will be related to any business management or any other topic of the same area.
- Personal Interview: This is the most important part of the Selection Process. The candidates’ overall personality and confidence will be judged. Candidates must confidently answer questions related to his/her own academic area and work experience.