SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2018
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2018 mandates a candidate to hold a Bachelor's Degree to apply for the exam. Only the candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions can proceed towards filling SBI PO Application Form from March 2018 onwards. Application forms will be available at sbi.co.in.
Here are some key highlights of SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2018:
- Only Indian Nationals can apply for SBI PO. Also, there is no domicile restriction.
- Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.
- Candidates must be at least between 21 to 30 years of age.
- Reservation rules apply to SC/ST/ExS/J&K Migrants/OBC/PwD candidates.
- There are different number of attempts for candidates from different categories.
State Bank of India Probationary Officers Exam (SBI PO) is conducted in three stages- Prelims, Mains and Group Discussion/ Personal Interview. Nearly, 30 lakh candidates appear for the exam and 2403 are finally selected by SBI.
Read How to Apply for SBI PO?
Read below all the important eligibility conditions regarding age, education, nationality and number of attempts for General and Reserved Category candidates.
SBI PO Eligibility 2018- Nationality
- SBI PO 2018 Application Form can only be filled by Indian citizens.
- However, there are no domicile rules applicable.
- Subjects of Nepal/ Bhutan or Tibetan Refugees can also apply.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India can also apply.
- Candidates who have complaint against them regarding character, moral turpitude, complaint regarding repayment of loans are not eligible to apply for the post.
- Selected candidates in are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
SBI PO Eligibility 2018- Age Limit
- State Bank of India has set a certain age limit for candidates willing to fill SBI PO 2018 Application Form.
- All the candidates must be between 21 years to 30 years of age as on April 2018.
- Candidates born not earlier than 02.04.1987 and not later than 01.04.1996 are considered eligible. However, there is also a provision of age relaxation as per the constitutional Affirmation policy.
- The upper age of candidates is relaxed depending on their category. Given below is the relaxation criteria for candidates from reserved categories:
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 Years|
|Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||PwD (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe): 15 Years|
|PwD (Other Backward Class): 13 Years|
|PwD (General): 10 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs), Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have worked for not less than 5 years in military and have left on conclusion of project||5 Years|
|The original habitants of Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period ranging from 01 January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 Years|
SBI PO Eligibility 2018- Educational Qualification
It is mandatory for every applicant to match their educational credentials to the defined SBI PO 2018 Eligibility. Following are the conditions related to the educational qualifications of a candidate:
- Candidate must have completed his graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government
- Applicant who is in the Final Year or final semester of his Graduation is also considered eligible to apply for SBI PO 2018
- Candidates in their final year can apply only under the condition that, if called for interview, the candidate has to produce proof of having passed their graduation on or before August 31, 2018
- Candidates who have Integrated Dual Degree certificate must make sure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before August 31, 2018
- A candidate who possesses the qualification of Chartered Accountant is also eligible to apply for SBI PO
SBI PO Eligibility 2018- Number of Attempts
- The number of attempts in SBI PO is decided as per the category of the candidate.
- Candidates who have already exhausted the maximum chances are ineligible to apply.
- The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on 18.04.2010.
- Appearing in Preliminary Examination will not be counted as a chance.
|Category||Number of attempts|
|SC/SC (PWD)/ST (PWD)||No restriction |
SBI PO 2018 Eligibility for PwD
State Bank of India sets certain eligibility conditions for Persons with Disability. Vacancies are reserved for Disabled (Physically Challenged) Persons under Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities, as per government guidelines.
Candidates who are orthopedically handicapped, Visually Impaired and Hearing Impaired are eligible to apply for SBI PO 2018. Details of SBI PO 2018 Eligibility for PWD candidates are as follows:
- Orthopedically Handicapped (OH): According to SBI PO 2018 PWD Eligibility, OH candidates who have locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of minimum 40% and only those who fall in the following categories of the disabled are eligible to apply for SBI PO 2017 Exam.
- OA - One arm affected (Right or Left)
- OL - One leg affected (Right or Left)
- OAL - One arm & One Leg affected
- BL - Both legs affected but not arms
- Visually Impaired (VI): Only those Visually Handicapped (VH) persons who suffer from any one of the following conditions are eligible to apply for SBI PO 2018:
- Total absence of sight
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen)
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees
- Hearing Impaired: The candidates in whom the sense of hearing is non-functional for ordinary purposes of life and has totally lost hearing ability of both ears. The candidates who do not understand sounds at all even with amplified speech. Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies
SBI PO Eligibility 2018- Facility of Scribe
- For candidates belonging to PwD categories, SBI provides the assistance of a scribe.
- Additional time is also offered, keeping in mind the disadvantage that such candidates face compared to other test takers.
- The facility of scribe will be provided to a candidate who has a physical disability of 40% or more, if it is desired by the person.
- This assistance is available to only those candidates with disability who have physical limitation to write including that of speed.
- In all instances where a scribe is used, the following will be applicable:
- Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements for a scribe and who wish to make use of such services in the examination must carefully indicate the same in the online application form.
- A suitable undertaking, in the prescribed format at the time must be submitted at the time of online examination.
- A compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination will be available to such candidates, irrespective of him availing the scribe facility.
- The candidate must arrange their own scribe at their own cost.
SBI PO Eligibility 2018- Important Points
A candidate must remember the following important points in regard to SBI PO Eligibility:
- The date of passing eligibility examination is the date that appears on the mark sheet or provisional certificate of the candidate, issued by the University or Institute.
- In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/Institute showing the date on which the result was posted on the website is considered as the date of passing.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the SBI PO 2018 Application Form.
- Where CGPA or OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into the percentage and indicated in SBI PO 2018 Application Form.
- If a candidate is called for an interview, he must have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- For the calculation of Percentage, the percentage marks are arrived at by the division of total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semesters/years by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects.
- While calculating the marks of a candidate, total scores are calculated irrespective of honors, optional or additional optional subjects, if any.
- The criteria for calculating the marks are applicable for those Universities also where Class or grade is decided on the basis of Honors marks only.
- The fraction of percentage so arrived is ignored i.e. 59.99% is treated as less than 60% and 54.99% is treated as less than 55%.
- If at any stage, it is found that the candidate fails to fulfill the SBI PO Eligibility Criteria, his/her application is right away discarded.