SBI PO 2018: SBI Probationary Officer
State Bank of India (SBI) conducts a national-level exam for recruitment of Probationary Officers (SBI PO). The exam is conducted in 3 main stages viz. Prelims, Mains and Group Discussion/ Interview. Prelims round forms the basis of qualification to Mains, after which the shortlisted candidates appear for Group Discussion/ Interview.
- SBI PO 2018 Notification is expected to release in March 2018 at its official website.
- Any Indian National who holds a Bachelor’s Degree and fulfill SBI PO Eligibility Criteria can apply for the exam
- Candidates can begin registering for SBI PO 2018 from March 2018 onwards.
- Interested applicants can fill the SBI PO 2018 Application form by online at the official website of SBI i.e. sbi.co.in.
- SBI PO 2018 Result will be declared online on the official website for each stage of the exam.
Selection Procedure in SBI PO:
- STAGE 1- SBI PO Prelims (objective questions of 100 marks)
- STAGE 2- SBI PO Mains (objective questions of 200 marks and descriptive questions of 50 marks).
- STAGE 3-Group discussion and Personal Interview (20 and 30 marks respectively)
- The final selection is based on the performance in stage 2 and 3.
- Results of final SBI PO Recruitment will come out in August 2018.
Nearly 30 lakh candidates apply for SBI PO each year. Out of these, 6376 participate in Group Exercises and Interview round. Approximately 2403 candidates are finally recruited as Probationary Officers (PO).
SBI PO 2018 Highlights
|Name of Exam||State Bank of India Probationary Officers Exam (SBI PO)|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|SBI PO Selection Stages||Prelims, Mains, Group Discussion/ Interview|
|Candidates Expected to Register for SBI PO 2018||Over 5 lakh|
|SBI PO Helpline||022 – 2282 0427|
SBI PO 2018 Exam Dates
Here is a tentative schedule of SBI PO 2018 Exam Dates. Candidates must take note of all of these.
|Release of SBI PO 2018 Notification||March 2018|
|Availability of SBI PO 2018 Application Form||March 2018|
|Release of SBI PO 2018 Admit Card (Prelims)||April 15, 2018- May 07, 2018|
|SBI PO 2018 Prelims Exam Date||April 29 & 30, 2018 and May 06 & 07, 2018|
|SBI PO 2018 Result (Prelims)||May 17, 2018|
|Release of SBI PO 2018 Admit Card (Mains)||May 22, 2018|
|SBI PO 2018 Mains Exam Date||June 04, 2018|
|SBI PO 2018 Result (Mains)|
July 4, 2018
|SBI PO Call Letter for Interview will be available from||June 26, 2018|
|Date for SBI PO 2018 Group Exercises and Interview||July 10, 2018|
|Declaration of SBI PO 2018 Final Result||August 05, 2018|
SBI PO 2018 Eligibility
SBI has laid out certain conditions for candidates applying for the PO post. It is important to fulfill SBI PO Eligibility Criteria in order to register for the exam. Here are the basic conditions to must satisfy:
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- The applicants must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized university.
- The final year graduates can also apply.
- Candidates must be between 21 to 30 years as on April 1, 2018.
- SC/ST/ExS/J&K Migrants get a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit
- OBC candidates with upper age limit 33 years can apply for the exam
- PwD category candidates reserve a relaxation of 10- 15 years depending on the category.
Number of Attempts
- For General category- 4 attempts
- For General (PwD) category- 7 attempts
- OBC category- 7 attempts
- OBC (PwD)- 7 attempts
- SC/ST (PwD)- No restriction
SBI PO 2018 Registration
SBI PO 2018 Application Form will be available from March 2018 onwards. Please read the eligibility conditions carefully before applying. Candidates need to fill the application form in the online mode only. Follow the following steps to fill the application form:
- Visit the website www.sbi.co.in
- Click on link “Career with us” on the home page
- Select ‘SBI PO 2018 Application Form’
- Fill Application Form with complete details like as name, educational qualifications, address, mobile number, email and other information.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG format.
- The photo must be of 200 x 300 pixels while the signature must be of 140 x 60 pixels.
- Choose the correct file and click on open to upload.
- After that, click ‘Submit’ to move to fee payment window.
Pay Application Fee
- Application fee for General Category is INR 600 and INR 100 for reserved categories.
- Pay the fee online and submit.
- Take a printout of the application form before submission for future reference.
- You will receive a registration id. Note it down.
SBI PO 2018 Admit Card
- For SBI PO exam, the admit card is released separately for all three stages viz. prelims, mains, and interview.
- All notifications related to admit card release on the official website i.e. sbi.co.in.
- The admit card for Prelims is expected to be out in April, while for Mains, it will release in May 2018.
- All candidates need to carry their admit cards on the day of the exam, failing to which they won’t be allowed to sit for the exam.
How to Download SBI PO 2018, Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e. sbi.co.in
- Click on the link “SBI PO 2018 Admit card”
- Enter your registration number and DOB/Password
- Your admit card will appear on the screen
- Download it and take a print-out of the same
SBI PO 2018 Exam Centers
- Candidates will be given one of the SBI PO Exam Centers from their choices opted during the application process.
- The final exam center will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates need to check the details and in case of any discrepancies, they need to contact the exam authorities immediately.
The list of centers is given below:
|State Code||State/UT||SBI PO Exam Centers (Prelims)||SBI PO Exam Centers (Mains)|
|11||Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair||Port Blair|
|12||Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Chittoor, Guntur, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Puttur, Rajahmundhry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram||Guntur, Kurnool, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam|
|13||Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar, Naharlagun||Itanagar|
|14||Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Silchar, Tezpur||Guwahati|
|15||Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bihar Sharif, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Samastipur, Siwan||Arrah, Hajipur, Patna|
|17||Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur||Raipur|
|19||Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara||Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar|
|20||Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Palwal, Rohtak, Sonipat, Yamunanagar||Bahadurgarh, Hissar, Rohtak|
|21||Himachal Pradesh||Baddi, Bilaspur, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmaur, Solan, Una||Shimla, Solan,|
|22||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Srinagar||Jammu, Srinagar|
|23||Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi||Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|24||Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi||Bengaluru|
|25||Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrichur, Thiruvananthapuram||Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram|
|27||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain||Bhopal, Indore|
|28||Maharashtra||Amravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai / Thane / Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara||Aurangabad, Nagpur, Pune, Mumbai/ Thane / Navi Mumbai|
|33||Delhi-NCR||Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon||Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon|
|34||Odisha||Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Rourkela, Sambalpur||Bhubaneswar|
|36||Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Phagwara, Sangrur||Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|37||Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur||Jaipur|
|39||Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelvelli, Thoothukodi, Vellore||Chennai, Madurai, Tirunelvelli|
|40||Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal||Hyderabad|
|42||Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bulandshahr, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Unnao, Varanasi||Agra, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi|
|43||Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Haridwar, Roorkee||Dehradun|
|44||West Bengal||Asansol, Berhampur (West Bengal), Bardhaman, Dumkal, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri||Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata,|
SBI PO 2018 Exam Pattern
- Each stage in SBI PO Recruitment Exam has a different paper pattern.
- Stage 1 and 2 (Prelims and Mains) will be conducted in online mode.
- Phase 3 will be held face to face.
- The final selection is based on the overall performance of each stage.
Read below the complete SBI PO Exam Pattern:
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Prelims
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||60 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||3 (English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability)|
|Marks/Questions in each section||English language: 30, Quantitative aptitude: 35, Reasoning Ability: 35|
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Mains
|Question Type||Objective and Descriptive|
|Questions in each section||Objective : 155, Descriptive: 50|
|Time duration||Objective: 3 hours, Descriptive: 30 minutes|
|Sections in Objective Paper||4|
|Marks of Objective Type||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 60, Data Analysis & Interpretation: 60, General Awareness about Economy/ Banking: 40, English language: 40|
|Time Allotted to Each Section||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 45 min, Data Analysis & Interpretation: 45 min, General Awareness about Economy/ Banking: 40 min, English language: 40 min|
|Sections in Mains Descriptive||Letter writing and Essay|
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Final Stage
|Final stage of SBI PO||Group Discussion and Interview|
|Marks in each section||GD: 20, Personal Interview: 30|
SBI PO Preparation Books
|SBI PO Solved Papers||Kiran Prakashan|
|Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank||DishaPublications|
|Banking Awareness (Banking Aptitude Test) (BANK PO/OFFICERS EXAM)||Ramesh Publishing House|
SBI PO 2018 Syllabus
Here are all important topics that you need to study to score well in SBI PO. They are given stage-wise:
Section-wise SBI PO 2018 Syllabus for Preliminary Round
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Number System, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Interest, Number series, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination|
|Reasoning Ability||Inequalities, Ordering, and Ranking, Directions and Distances, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relations, Syllogisms, Circular Seating Arrangement, Linear Seating Arrangement, Double Line Up, Grouping, and Selection|
|English Language||Fill in the blanks, Reading, and Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Cloze test, Error spotting, Spellings, Phrase Idiom meaning,|
Section-wise SBI PO 2018 Syllabus for Mains
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Inequality, Syllogism, Input Output, Coding Decoding, Verbal Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Miscellaneous topics, Computer Aptitude|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||Bar graph, Line graph, Pie chart (single or double), Tabular graph, Radar chart, Mixed graphs (combination of any 2 of the above), Caselet/ Paragraph DI, Missing graphs|
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Cloze test, Para jumbles, Odd one out/ Theme based questions, Statement and Paragraph completion, Sentence Connectors|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs, Banking / Financial Awareness, Static Affairs|
SBI PO 2018 Syllabus for GD/ PI
|Topics for GD/PI|
|Is right to freedom being misused?||Cleanliness should be the fundamental duty of every citizen.|
|What are the merits and de-merits of One Rank One Pension scheme?||What measures should be adopted for avoiding NPA?|
|SBI Merger: Pros and cons?||What do you think about reservations in education and jobs?|
|How is Swaach Bharat Abhiyan currently important for India?|
NSG is the need of the hour for India.
|Rail budget should have merged into general budget much earlier.||Women employment is possible through mass awareness rather than launching programs.|
|Is government just renaming the old schemes?||Wind power Vs Solar Energy?|
SBI PO 2018 Result
- SBI PO 2018 Result will be declared online on the official website for each stage of the exam.
- The result for Prelims will be declared in May 2018, while the mains result will be declared in June 2018.
- In order to check the result, candidates need to visit the site, enter their roll number/ registration number and DOB.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in all the sections of SBI PO will be normalized by the equi-percentile method.
- Only up to 2 decimal points, scores would be taken for the calculation.
How to Check SBI PO 2018 Result?
- Visit www.sbi.co.in
- Click on “Careers” section
- Click on “Results” section
- Enter your roll number and DOB or enter your registration number and DOB
- You result card will appear on the screen
SBI PO 2018 Cut Off
- SBI releases a category-wise cutoff after each stage.
- This is based on the number of candidates who appearing for the exam, number of vacancies, previous year cut off, difficulty level of the exam etc.
- On the basis of SBI PO cut-offs, candidates are chosen for the subsequent stage.
- Here are the expected cut off marks of each stage for your reference:
SBI PO 2017 Cutoff for Prelims
|CATEGORY||ENGLISH LANGUAGE||REASONING ABILITY||QUANTITATIVE ABILITY||OVERALL CUT OFF MARKS|
|37.00 (VH)||15.75 (HI)|
SBI PO 2017 Cutoff for Mains
|CATEGORY||ENGLISH LANGUAGE||REASONING ABILITY & COMPUTER||DATA ANALYSIS & INTERPRETATION||GENERAL AWARENESS||OVERALL CUT OFF MARKS|
Final SBI PO 2018 Cut off
|Category||Cut off marks (Out of 100)|
Read Section-wise SBI PO Cut off
SBI PO 2018 Selection Process
Candidates in SBI PO Recruitment are shortlisted upon their performances in the 3 stages mentioned below:
SBI PO Preliminary Examination
- It is the very first stage of SBI PO Selection process.
- SBI PO Prelims is an online objective test of 1-hour duration.
- It would be conducted in April 2018.
- SBI PO Pre comprises of 3 sections- English Language, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Candidates must score minimum qualifying marks in all the sections to qualify for the next round.
SBI PO Main Examination
- Candidates shortlisted for the main examination have to appear for the same in June 2018.
- It is a 200 marks examination, comprising of 4 sections (English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning & Computers, and General/Economy/Banking Awareness).
- Descriptive test of 50 marks would be conducted immediately after the objective test.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) are normalised using the equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to 2 decimal points are taken for the purpose of calculations.
- Candidates are shortlisted for interview by considering the scores obtained in the main examination.
SBI PO Group Discussion and Interview
- Candidates who qualify the Mains exam are eligible to appear for GD and interview.
- Post conduction of the interview, a combined score is generated which includes the sum of marks obtained in main examination and interview.
- The final list of the selected candidates is made upon the performance in Mains and GD/ PI round only.
- It is published on the official website of the bank’s website and also in Employment Newspaper.