PU LLB 2018
Punjab University (PU) conducts the entrance examination for admission to the three years LLB Programme. The entrance examination will be conducted on June 25, 2018.
- PU LLB 2018 is held annually and will be conducted through offline mode only.
- PU LLB 2018 Application Form will be available from May 6, 2018 on the official website of Punjab University.
- The exam will comprise both subjective type and objective type questions.
- Time duration to complete the paper will be 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Sections covered in the exam are- English Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, Legal Reasoning.
- The result for the PU LLB entrance examination will be available online at the official website of Punjab University in last week of June 2018.
PU LLB 2018 Highlights
|Date of PU LLB 2018 Exam||June 25, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Punjab University (PU), Chandigarh|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Eligibility||Applicants must possess bachelor’s or master’s degree|
|Courses Offered||Bachelors of Laws (LLB 3 years course)|
|Number of Seats||597 (plus 44 seats for NRIs/ Foreign Nationals)|
PU LLB 2018 Exam Dates
Examination dates related to PU LLB 2018 will be published on the university’s official website. Students must check the website on regular basis to get the latest updates regarding examination.
The following table shows the important dates related to PU LLB 2018:
|Availability of Prospectus and Application Form||May 6, 2018|
|Last date to generate Bank Challan||June 6, 2018|
|Last date for submission of application fees at SBI||June 9, 2018|
|Last date for submitting application form, signature and photograph||June 11, 2018|
|Availability of Admit card||June 19, 2018|
|PU LLB 2018 Entrance Exam||June 25, 2018|
|PU LLB 2018 Answer Key||June 29, 2018|
|PU LLB 2018 Result declaration||July 4, 2018|
|Commencement of Counselling||July to August,2018|
|Availability of Admission Form||July 6, 2018|
|Last Date of filling online admission form||July 8, 2018|
*dates are tentative
PU LLB 2018 Eligibility
Those who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria will not be allowed to appear for PU LLB 2018. It is mandatory for all the candidates to read the eligibility criteria before filling the PU LLB 2018 Application Form.
Eligibility criteria for PU LLB 2018 are as follows:
- Students who have cleared/ appeared in the final year of Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of the Punjab University are eligible for admission. General category candidates must obtain 45% aggregate marks and SC/ ST/ OB category candidate must secure 40% marks
- Those who have obtained Master’s degree in any subject from Punjab University is also eligible
- Master’s degree from any other university recognized as equivalent to corresponding post-graduate degree of Punjab University
- Students who have obtained 10+2 or graduation/ post graduation through Open University system directly without having any basic qualification are not eligible for admission in LLB course
- Those applicants who are living abroad at the time of entrance test will be exempted from the test.
PU LLB 2018 Application Form
The application form for PU LLB 2018 is available in online mode and need to be submitted by candidates in online mode only. Punjab University is responsible for releasing the application form on May 6, 2018. Students have to follow below steps in order to fill the application form:
Step 1: Registration and Form Filling
- Before proceeding with PU LLB 2018 Application Form registration, students are advised to carefully check whether they satisfied the mentioned eligibility criteria or not
- They must keep Graduation/ Post Graduation/ Qualifying exam ticket in hand for reference during registration.
- Enter the Name, email address, and personal mobile number to begin PU LLB 2018 Registration.
- After that student will receive a confirmation email, they are advised to note down the login details and password for registration.
- Enter the given Login ID and password to see the online registration form
- Fill the fields like Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth and Email ID, Roll no, university name and year of passing, Mobile number, select the category.
- After completing all the above steps, click on the Submit button
Step 2: Application Fees
Students have to pay the below-mentioned fees through offline mode for PU LLB 2018 Entrance Exam:
|SC/ ST/ BC||INR 550/-|
- Once the registration steps are completed, enter the login details
- The last date to deposit the entrance fees with SBI challan is June 9, 2018. Application fee is non-refundable.
Step 3: Steps to submit PU LLB Application Form
- Students need to update the information on the application form to complete the application process.
- On the update candidate information page, enter the Application Number, Courses opted, and medium for the test.
- Upload the scanned copies of Photograph and Signature
- Enter the all the personal and qualification details like Candidates Name, Mothers Name, Fathers Name, Nationality, Roll Number, Graduation/ Post Graduation etc.
- Check all the entered details carefully before clicking the save button
- To complete the Application Form submission, click the Confirm button.
- Students are advised to download and take the printout of filled in application form for future reference.
PU LLB 2018 Admit Card
Punjab University will issue the admit card on June 19, 2018. Admit card will be available through online mode only. Students can download it from their official login account. Admit card is a mandatory document for appearing in the entrance examination. Without admit card candidates will not be allowed to appear in the exam. Admit card contains the information related to students name, roll number, examination date, exam venue etc.
By following below steps students can download the PU LLB 2018 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of PU LLB.
- Click on link for PU LLB 2018 Admit Card.
- Enter the Login ID and Password
- Click on the Sign In button
After clicking on the button, the admit card will be displayed on the screen. Students are advised to download and take the printout of admit card for future reference. If students find any discrepancy in the Admit card, they should immediately contact the Punjab University officials and get it rectified at the earliest.
PU LLB 2018 Exam Pattern
Examination pattern of PU LLB has been set by the Department of Laws, Punjab University. Following is the detailed explanation of PU LLB 2018 Examination pattern:
- Punjab University LLB 2018 Entrance examination will be held through offline mode i.e. it is a pen paper based test.
- The time duration to complete the exam is 1 hour 30 minutes. Extra 30 minutes will be provided to those who are visually handicapped, differently abled candidates.
- The entrance examination will be of total 75 marks. Out of 75 marks, 50 marks are for multiple choice questions and 25 marks are for subjective type questions
- There will be 50 multiple choice questions and other were subjective type questions.
- Questions in the paper come from four different topics i.e. English Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, Legal Reasoning
- For each incorrect answer or un-attempted question, ¼ marks will be deducted.
- The examination will be conducted in all the three languages i.e. English, Hindi and Punjabi
- Students can answer multiple choice questions in their preferred language of choice. On the other hand, subjective questions are compulsory to be answered in English only.
The following table shows the examination pattern of PU LLB 2018:
|Type||No. of Questions||Marks|
PU LLB 2018 Syllabus
PU LLB Entrance Exam consist questions from Legal Aptitude, General Awareness and Knowledge of English. The subjective part consists of questions from Writing & Communication Skills with Legal Aptitude. The syllabus for PU LLB 2018 is explained below:
- This section will test the candidate’s proficiency in English based on comprehension Passage and Grammar. In the Comprehension section, they will be assessed on the understanding of passage given while, the grammar section focus on correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, fill in the blanks with appropriate word etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- In this section, candidates will be assessed on their general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions will be based on current affairs.
- This is the most important section it tests the students interest towards law, problem-solving ability, research skills etc. In this section, students have to assess the given statement and bring out the logical answer as an outcome.
- It tests the candidate’s ability to identify the pattern, logical links and rectify arguments. In this section, questions are based on Sequences, Analogies, and Syllogisms etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
For the better understanding of syllabus and to get proper preparation for PU LLB candidates have to refer the following books:
|Book Name||Author Name|
|CLAT and LLB Entrance Exam Study Package||A P Bhardwaj|
|The ultimate guide to the LLB Entrance Examination 2012||MA Rashid|
|Guide to LLB Entrance Examination 2012-13||22nd Edn.|
|Model Test Papers for CLAT & LLB||A P Bhardwaj|
|The Pearson Guide to the LLB Entrance Exam||Thorpe|
|LLB Entrance Examination Guide||Pankaj Kr. Jaiswal|
|English Legal System||Susan Mckenzie|
PU LLB 2018 Result
PU LLB 2018 Result will be declared by the Punjab University on July 4, 2018. Candidates can check the result through online mode only. No separate result card will be sent to the candidate’s address. By following below steps students can easily check the PU LLB 2018 Result:
- To check the result click on the official link of PU LLB 2018 in the first week of July
- Enter the PU LLB 2018 Roll Number
- Click on Submit button
After clicking on the button, the result will be displayed on the candidate’s computer screen. Candidates are advised to download and take the printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission process ends.
The result will be available in the form of merit list. It will be prepared on the basis of below-mentioned tie-breaking criteria:
- Candidates having higher percentage of marks in qualifying examination will be ranked higher in order of merit
- If the marks are also same, then the candidates obtaining higher percentage of marks in immediate lower exam shall rank higher in order of merit
- If both the above mentioned criteria are also same, then the candidates with senior age shall rank higher in the merit list.
PU LLB 2018 Cut Off
Punjab University is responsible for setting the PU LLB 2018 cut off marks. Students seeking admission to the LLB course are required to clear PU LLB 2018 Entrance cut off. Students will have different cut off scores based on their community or category. Minimum cut off percentage will be calculated out of 75 marks.
Based on the following factors cut off marks will be decided:
- Total numbers of candidates appear for the exam
- Difficulty level of the paper
- No. of candidates passed the exam
- Previous year cut off marks
- Average scores obtained by the candidate in the entrance test.
- Availability of the Seat
From the following table, students can check the category-wise cut off marks applicable for admission:
|Category||Cut off Percentage (out of 75)||Cut off Marks (out of 75)|
|General/ Unreserved||20%||15 out of 75|
|SC/ ST/ BC||15%||11.25 out of 75|
PU LLB 2018 Counselling
Counselling will be organized by Punjab University. Candidates who are seeking admission to the LLB course will be able to appear for counselling process for final seat allocation. Students having rank in the merit list will only be called for counselling. Counselling will be held in Offline mode at the Departments of Laws in Punjab University Chandigarh campus.
Students are advised to bring the following list of documents at the time of counselling for verification:
- PU LLB 2018 Admit Card
- Certificate showing proof of birth
- 10th Class/SSC mark sheet
- 12th Class/Intermediate mark sheet
- Graduation/Post Graduation/Qualifying Exam mark sheet
- Character Certificate from qualifying Institute
- Reserve Category certificates if applicable
- Gap Year Affidavit if applicable
- Income Certificate to avail merit-cum-means free-ship
- Gradation certificate issued by Sports Department of Punjab University if applying under Sports Reservation
- Additional weight-age certificate if applicable
- Demand Draft in favour of the Registrar, Punjab University, Chandigarh
For attending counselling, candidates should report in person on time otherwise their admission will be cancelled and their seats will be offered to next ranked candidate. Students who are unable to submit their original documents and pay required fees for counselling will not be eligible for admission.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College