PU CET 2017 Result, Counselling and Merit List
PU CET 2017 Counselling has begun from June 14, 2017. The process of counselling is online and candidates have to choose their preferences in sequence of 1-5. They can pay the PU CET 2017 Counselling fee in either online or offline mode.
- PU CET 2017 (Panjab University Common Entrance Test) is organized by Panjab University, Chandigarh for admission to BHMS, B.Pharma and B.Sc. (Hons). Punjab University has announced the exam dates for both UG and PG courses.
- Candidates can check the PU CET 2017 Results online on the official website.
- They have to click on Click here to check PU-CET (U.G. & BHMS) - 2017 Entrance Test Result.
- Candidates will be allocated seats on the basis of the rank obtained by them in PU CET 2017 Merit List.
The merit list position of 2 candidates scoring equal marks in the exam will be decided at the time of Interview/Counselling by the concerned authority. The percentage weightage of marks for admission to B. Pharm and B.Sc. is given below:
- PU CET 2017 exam score- 75% weightage
- Marks obtained in HSC- 25% weightage
PU CET 2017 Exam Dates
PU CET 2017 counselling process for undergrduate courses has begun from June 14, 2017. The result for PU CET Exam has been declared on the official website on June 12, 2017. The other important dates for PU CET 2017 are tabulated below:
|Application form starts||April 18, 2017|
|Last date to submit the details on the website to generate the Bank Challan||May 17, 2017|
|Last date to deposit exam fee||May 20, 2017 (upto 3:59 PM)|
|Last date to upload images||May 23, 2017|
|Admit card release||May 29, 2017|
|Punjab CET UG Exam date||June 4, 2017|
|Punjab CET PG Exam date||June 10 and 11, 2017|
|Result announcement||June 12, 2017|
|Release of admission form||June 14, 2017|
PU CET 2017 Eligibility
A candidate must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board/ university. Candidates who wish to take help of a scribe must reach the assistant registrar office 10 days before the PU CET exam. The scribe has to be below 16 years of age and must have passed 10+2 examination. The background of scribe will be verified by the examination committee.The detailed PU CET 2017 Eligibility for UG and PG courses is mentioned below.
|B. Sc Course||Eligibility|
|Botany /Zoology/ Anthropology/ Chemistry/Geology/ Physics/ Physics (specialization in Electronics)||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Minimum percentage is 50% for general category candidates and 45% for reserved category candidates.|
|Biochemistry /Microbiology/ Mathematics||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, English and biology/ Mathematics / Biotechnology / Computer Science. Minimum percentage is 50% for general category candidates and 45% for reserved category candidates.|
PU CET 2017 Application Procedure
Candidates have to complete the PU CET Application Form filling process before May 17, 2017. They have to make sure that the eligibility guideline for each course is fulfilled by them. Students can fill the PU CET application Form online and then take a print out of the form.
An applicant has to send the additional documents along with the PU CET 2017 application form. If the documents are not complete the application will be rejected. The documents have to be self attested. The form has to reach the head office, Chandigarh before the last date.
General Guidelines about Application Procedure are given below:
- Candidates have to complete the application form details before the last date.
- They have to fill the application form online and send a printout to the university office
- The printout must not be tempered
- The mismatch of information lead to cancellation of candidature
- The details once submitted cannot be altered at any cost
PU CET 2017 Admit Card
PU CET 2017 Admit Card are available for download from the official website. The admit card is issued provisionally. The entry to the examination hall is on the basis of the admit card only.
The admit card contains details about the name of the candidate, paper details, time of the exam, venue of the exam, a photo of the candidate, signature of the candidate, birthmark identification detais, etc.
The general instructions for the examination are on the back side of the PU CET admit card.
Steps to download PU CET 2017 Admit Card are given below:-
- Visit the official website www.cetug.puchd.ac.in
- Click on Login Tab
- Enter your User ID and Password
- Then, click on download button
- Take a printout of PU CET 2017 Admit Card
Read more about PU CET Admit Card
PU CET 2017 Exam Pattern
The PU CET exam has 4 parts. The exam paper for each of the subjects given is different and the time duration for each section is 70 minutes. There will be a total of 60 questions in each section. Candidates have to return both the answer sheet and the question paper once the exam is over. Check below the detailed PU CET test pattern for Science courses:
|Number of sections||4|
|Time for each section||70 minutes|
|Number of questions each section||60|
|Marks for every correct answer||2|
|Mode of test||Offline|
|Medium of exam||English|
PU CET 2017 Result
PU CET 2017 Result was declared on June 11, 2017. The admission to Bsc will be based on the PU CET (U.G. & BHMS) result.
Candidates who have to appear for a retest in the class 12 examination are not eligible for admission to the course. The PU CET 2017 result card will be available online. They can download it from the official website. No separate score cards will be sent to candidates. The PU CET result will be based on the performance in the PU CET 2017 exam.
The PU CET result is expected to come by second week of June, 2017. Students can check the result through the following steps:
- Open the official website
- Click on the link for the PU CET result 2017 “Click here to check PU-CET (U.G. & BHMS) - 2017 Entrance Test Result”
- Check the result for your steam
- The PU CET merit list will be displayed.
PU CET 2017 Counselling Process
PU CET 2017 Counselling Process has started. Candidates have to fill their preference online on the official website. The seats will be allocated on the basis of the rank obtained by candidates. Given below are key points related to PU CET 2017 Counselling:-
- Candidates can submit the counselling fee either in online or offline mode.
- The allocation of seat is based PU CET 2017 Merit list.
- Qualified candidates have to report to the designated college will the important documents and admission fee.
- If a candidate does not reach allotted college in time, his or her admission will be cancelled..
- No change is permmitted after locking of information.
- The admission dates and timing of reporting will be released on the university website.
Steps for PU CET Counselling 2017 are given below:-
- Candidates can select their preferences in sequence of 1-5 (1-5) online.
- If seats are available in his/her first preference, he/she will be offered admission only in that preference subjected to deposition of the fee.
- The admission will be offered based on higher preference available based on Panjab CET 2017 Merit List.
- On getting admission in higher preference, an applicant cannot claim a seat in lower preference.
- Students seeking admissions in lower preference may be offered seat of his/her higher preference based on the vacancy of seats at the later stage.
The fee deposited for one course will be transferable/adjustable, if he/she gets admission to another course.The seat will be offered to next candidate on merit cum preference basis that will be made available on the website.