OJEE 2018 Application Form and Exam Dates
OJEE 2018 (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination): The online application form is available at www.odishajee.com from January 30 to March 27 (extended). The exam is scheduled for May 13, 2018 in several cities of Odisha. The paper pattern for OJEE varies course-wise. However, the exam will be conducted in offline mode.
OJEE is a state-level examination, organized by the state government of Odisha. The exam is conducted for students seeking admission to undergraduate, masters and lateral entry courses in Odisha.
April 20, 2018: OJEE Admit Card will be issued to eligible candidates till April 25, 2018.
March 20, 2018: Last date to complete OJEE Registration.
OJEE Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)|
|Conducting Body||OJEE Board (OJEEB)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate, Lateral Entry and Post Graduate|
|Candidates Expected to Appear||52,000|
|OJEEB Help Desk||0674-6552455, 6552456, 6552457, 6552458|
Through OJEE 2018, admission to following courses will be offered:
- First-year degree courses in Pharmacy, Integrated MBA (5 Years)
- Lateral Admission to second year (Third Semester) Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ MCA
- First-year Masters Degree Courses in Computer Application (MCA), Business Administration (MBA) and M.Tech./ M.Pharm/ M.Arch./ M.Plan/ M.Arch (exe.).
OJEE 2018 Exam Dates
OJEE Board has announced the important dates for OJEE events. The schedule for the events is mentioned in the following table:
|Availability of OJEE Application Form||January 30 – |
|Issue of OJEE Admit Card||April 20 – 25, 2018|
|OJEE Offline Examination||May 13, 2018|
|Declaration of OJEE 2018 Result||1st week of June 2018|
|Commencement of OJEE 2018 Counselling||Last week of June 2018|
OJEE 2018 Exam Time Table
OJEE 2018 Eligibility
Candidates must ensure OJEE Eligibility before applying for the exam. The eligibility criteria vary according to the specific course.
- Applicants must be domicile of the state Odisha.
- For lateral entry admission into the second year of B.Tech Marine Engineering, the age limit is 22 years.
- There is no age limit for the applicants who wish to pursue the Master degree course
Other details for OJEE eligibility criteria required for various courses is given below:
|Program||General||SC/ST||Qualifying Examination & Subjects|
|LE B.Tech||45%||40%||Passed 3-years diploma in appropriate branch of engineering/technology.|
|LE Pharma||45%||40%||Diploma in Pharmacy|
|MCA||50%||45%||Bachelor degree (BCA, BSc (IT/CS/IST/ITM)) in any stream passed with Mathematics at 12th level or at graduation level.|
|Integrated MBA||45%||40%||Passed 10+2 in any stream.|
|M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Pharma||50%||45%||For M.Tech, students should be passed/appearing bachelor degree examination (B.Tech).|
|For M Pharm, students should be passed/appearing in bachelor’s degree in pharmacy|
|For M.Arch, bachelor’s degree in architecture is required.|
|For M.Plan, students should have passed bachelor’s degree in Economics, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Environmental Science, Statistics, Social works with specialization in Community Development and Rural Development.|
Check Detailed OJEE Eligibility
OJEE 2018 Reservation
Reservation is provided for certain reserved categories filled in the application form. OJEE Reservation Criteria is applicable to the following categories.
- Odisha State Category
- Green Card Holders
- Physically challenged or Persons with Disability
- Wards of Ex-servicemen native of Odisha
- Women Candidates
- Tuition Waiver Scheme
- Odiya speaking candidates residing outside Odisha
- Non-Resident Indians
- Outside State Category
OJEE 2018 Application Form
Availability of OJEE Application Form: Up to March 27, 2018
OJEE online Application Form is available online at ojee.nic.in. The application fee can be paid latest by March 31, 2018. Last year, approximately 52,560 applied for OJEE Exam. The stepwise process to apply for OJEE 2018 is discussed below in detail:
Step 1: Fill details in Registration Form
- Visit the official website of OJEE 2018
- Click on “ Odisha Joint Entrance Examination - 2018 Application Form”
- Candidates will be redirected to a new page with application form links for different courses
- Select the correct Application Form among - A, B, C, D, E & F. After clicking the link, candidates will be redirected to the online application form.
- Fill in the personal, academic, reservation & other details and choose a password.
- After submission of the required data asked during online form fill-up, click on “Submit” to submit the form.
- Once a candidate has created their password and the registration/application number is generated, they can log in as many times for uploading images and fee payment
Step 2: Upload Photograph, Signature & Thumb Impression
- Candidates will have to upload their Photograph (3.5*4.5 cm), signature (3.5*1.5 cm) and Left-Hand Thumb Impression (3.5*1.5 cm) after saving the details
- After uploading these documents, click on the "Submit" button.
Step 3: Pay Application Fee
- Next, go to the payment page and make payment of fee via online mode or offline mode.
- Click on the " Online payment" button, then fill the required details and click " Make payment "
- Candidates can also use e-Challan mode for remitting fee in State Bank of India. After online application form is filled up, e- challan form option will be available for download. Candidate should print the challan, then go to any branch of State Bank of India branch and pay the fee.
The registration fee varies for different courses. Candidates can check the table below for OJEE Application Fee for various courses.
|Name of the Course||Amount of Fee|
|BAMS & BHMS/Pharmacy/Pharmacy and BAMS & BHMS||INR 1000/-|
|LE (Engineering, Pharma)||INR 1000/-|
|MBA and MCA, MBA and LE-MCA, MBA and PGAT||INR 1500/-|
|Integrated MBA||INR 1000/-|
Step 4: Print Application Form
- Click the “Submit” button and take the printout.
Fill Here OJEE 2018 Application Form
OJEE 2018 Admit Card
Issue of Admit Card: April 20, 2018 onwards
- The Board will issue OJEE 2018 Admit card to all candidates who register successfully.
- The Admit Card for OJEE will be available on the official website only.
- Candidates will be required to download and take the printout of the admit card from the website.
- OJEE Admit card will contain details about the exam duration, exam date and the timing of the exam. Candidates have to reach the examination center at least half an ago before the reporting time.
- Candidates are required to submit the one copy of the Admit card duly signed by the invigilator before leaving examination hall.
Here is how you can download OJEE 2018 Admit Card:
- Open the official website of OJEE i.e. ojee.nic.in
- Click the link ‘Download OJEE 2018 Admit Card’
- Enter your Application Number and Date of Birth and click on submit
- OJEE Hall Ticket will be displayed on the screen
- Candidates must download and print it for further use
Download OJEE 2018 Admit Card
OJEE 2018 Exam Centres
OJEE Exam will be conducted across 30 exam cities in Odisha. Here are some important things that must be taken care while filling application form:
- Enter 3 options for OJEE Exam centers in the application form.
- The final decision on allotment of OJEE 2018 Exam Centers rests with the exam conducting authority.
- The allocation or discretion or addition of any new OJEE Exam Center is also in the hands of the conducting body.
Candidates can check OJEE exam centers from the map provided below:
OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern will vary for all the courses.
- All the questions are in MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) formats and the exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen & paper based).
- Every question will have four option choices, out of which one is correct.
- Candidates are awarded +4 marks for every correct response while -1 mark will be deducted from the score for every wrong answer.
- No marks are awarded for unanswered questions or questions with multiple responses.
Given below is the course wise exam pattern:
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry B.Tech (Diploma Holders)
Candidates applying for lateral entry B.Tech program have to solve 120 objective type questions in a span of 2 hours. The section and distribution of questions in each section are mentioned in the table below.
|Basic Electrical Engineering||40|
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry (+3 SC / B.Sc)
The duration of L.E B.Sc. test is 1 hour in which candidates have to solve 60 multiple choice question from Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. Check the table below for more details.
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry (Pharmacy) and M.Pharmacy
It will be a 1-hour examination and 60 questions will be asked from the main branch alone.
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE MCA
The duration of OJEE MCA and L.E. MCA is 2 hours in which candidates have to attempt 120 multiple choice questions. Check the table below for more details on section-wise distribution of questions.
OJEE Exam Pattern- MBA Stream
OJEE MBA paper consists of total 5 sections and a total of 120 objective type questions. The section-wise distribution of questions is tabulated below.
|Computer and Business Fundamentals||10|
OJEE Exam Pattern- Integrated MBA (5 Years)
The entrance test for admission to Integrated MBA program consists of 4 sections namely – Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, General Knowledge, and Comprehension. There are total 60 multiple choice questions.
OJEE Exam Pattern- M.Plan Stream
The PGAT entrance test consists of 60 objective type questions. There are 3 sections in total – Logical Reasoning, Arithmetic Reasoning, and Architectural Concept. Check the distribution of questions for all the 3 sections.
|Architectural concept related||40|
Check OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
OJEE 2018 Result
- OJEE 2018 Result will be published online at the official site.
- The result is expected to be announced in the first week of June 2018.
- The result will be declared by the Joint Entrance Examination Cell, State Government of Odisha for various UG and PG programs offered by different Government and Private institutions of the state.
- Students have to enter their roll number and other necessary details to view the result.
The steps to check OJEE 2018 Result are mentioned below.
- Visit the official site of OJEE i.e. ojee.nic.in
- Click on ‘OJEE Result 2018’
- Enter Application No. and Date of Birth
- Download and take print out of Rank Card
Read more about OJEE 2018 Result
OJEE 2018 Cutoff
- OJEE Cut off 2018 will be the minimum marks on the basis of which a candidate will be allotted a seat in his choice of institution.
- Candidates who manage to score above the total and sectional cutoff score would qualify for admission to that particular course.
- They will be called to participate in OJEE Counselling Procedure.
- OJEE 2018 cutoff for various courses will be announced along with the result.
- The category-wise opening and closing ranks will be published in the cutoff list. Separate cutoff lists would be published for all courses.
Here is the expected OJEE 2018 Cut off for your reference:
|Other Backward Caste||457-454||14058-14909|
|Scheduled Caste||451-327||14240- 61231|
OJEE 2018 Counselling
- OJEE 2018 Counselling will be organized after the release of merit list on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance test.
- The counselling will be conducted via online mode.
- During OJEE Counselling, candidates will have to fill and lock their choices of colleges depending on their courses and their ranks.
- As per the choices filled, rank and availability of the seats, candidates will be allotted seats.
- Candidates are required to carry the stipulated fee and documents at the allotted college to complete the admission process.
Know more about OJEE Counselling
Documents Required During Counselling
The Documents required for the verification are enlisted below:
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th class
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- Candidate passport size photograph
- OJEE 2018 Admit Card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
- Scorecard of OJEE 2018
- Scorecard of JEE Mains 2018 (if applicable)
OJEE 2018 Participating Institutes
- The participating colleges of OJEE 2018 consists of the names of the institutes in Odisha which admit candidates to various engineering programmes as per merit.
- Candidates can use the given list of OJEE Participating Institutes 2018 for filling in the choices as per their preference of colleges and courses.
- Here is the list of OJEE Participating Institutesbefore completing the choice filling and locking for the counseling and seat allotment of the admission process.
|Top Ten OJEE 2018 Participating Institutes|
|Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Sambalpur||Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Sarang||Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Gunupur|
|Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi||Parala Maharaja Engineering College, Berhampur|
|Silicon Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar||CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar|
|Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar||Orissa School of Mining Engineering, Keonjhar|
Ques. I want to pursue B.Tech and have already applied for JEE Main. Do I need to separately apply for OJEE 2018?
Ans. Yes, candidates with valid JEE Main score card have to apply for OJEE Counselling for admission to undergraduate 1st year Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Planning / Pharmacy courses.
Ques. I want to pursue my masters, what are the courses I can apply for through OJEE?
Ans. A candidate can apply for following courses through OJEE:
Ques. Which is the last date to apply for OJEE 2018?
Ans. The last date to apply for OJEE 2018 is March 27, 2018. However, fees can be filled up to March 31, 2018. Candidates can visit ojee.nic.in and fill the application form.
Ques. From where I can download the OJEE Admit Card?
Ans. OJEE 2018 Admit Card will be released on the official website on April 20, 2018. Candidates can download it by entering Registration Number and Date of Birth.
Ques. What is the registration fee to apply for MCA through OJEE 2018?
Ans. The registration fee is INR 1000 to apply for MCA programme through OJEE 2018.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for BTech through Lateral Entry?
Ans. Candidates must hold a 3 years diploma degree in respective branch of Engineering/Technology with minimum 45% marks (Relaxation of 5% for the reserved category)
Ques. Is negative marking applicable in OJEE exam?
Ans. Yes 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt and 4 marks will be awarded for a correct answer
Ques. I have applied for MBA through OJEE. Can I know how many sections I have to attempt?
Ans. MBA aspirants have to attempt following 5 sections in OJEE exam:-
|Computer and Business Fundamentals||10|
Ques. I belong to SC category, I want to know the eligibility criteria to apply for MBA through OJEE?
Ans. The minimum eligibility criteria is that candidate must be a Graduated from a recognized University with 45% marks.
Ques. What is the exam date and timing for OJEE MBA Exam?
Ans. OJEE 2018 for MBA programme will be conducted on May 13, 2018 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Ques. When will be the result for OJEE 2018 declared?
Ans. The OJEE result is expected to be declared in first week of June 2018.
Ques. How many seats are reserved for women in B.Tech programme?
Ans. As per the Government policies, 30% seats are reserved for women candidates in B.E/B.Tech and B.Arch programmes.
Ques. Is there any seat reservation for SC category in MCA lateral entry?
Ans. No, there is no seat reservation for SC students in MCA through lateral entry.
Ques. What is the seat intake of B.Pharma in University Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utkal University?
Ans. University Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utkal University is a government college and has a seat intake of 45
Ques. I want to apply for combination of papers (MBA and M.Tech). What is the registration fee?
Ans. The registration for combination of papers is INR 1500/-
Ques. Do I need to send a copy of my filled in application to the higher authority?
Ans. No, a candidate only needs to fill the online application form by March 27, 2018.
Ques. I want to know the number of exam centers for OJEE?
Ans. A candidate can choose maximum 3 exam centers while filling up the registration form. OJEE 2018 will be conducted in around 30 test cities.
Ques. I want to pursue M.Tech through OJEE. Is there any age limit for that?
Ans. No, for any Masters programmes there is no age limit to apply for OJEE 2018
Ques. I want to pursue B.Tech in Marine Engineering through OJEE. Is there any upper age limit criteria applicable?
Ans. Yes, The maximum age limit to apply for B.Tech in Marine Engineering is 22.
Ques. From where I can check MBA Cut off for OJEE?
Ans. The stream wise cut off for of the courses will be declared along with the result in the last week of June on the official website.
Ques. What is the exam pattern for MCA stream?
Ans. The exam pattern for OJEE varies stream wise. For MCA stream, the exam pattern will be as follows:-
- Question will be of MCQ type
- There will be 2 sections- Mathematics and Computer Awareness
- Total number of questions will be 120
Ques. What is the registration fee for Integrated MBA?
Ans. The registration fee for Integrated MBA is INR 1000/-
Ques. Can you please tell me the photograph specifications to be uploaded in the application form?
Ans. The file size should be 5 KB to 50 KB and must be in JPG/JPEG format.
Ques. For MBBS and BDS Admissions in Orissa, Should I apply for NEET or OJEE?
Ans. All the MBBS and BDS Admissions in the state will be done through NEET 2018.
Ques. I want to remit the fee through e-challan. From which bank I can do that?
Ans. You can use e-Challan mode for remitting fee in State Bank of India. After online application form is filled, e-challan form option will be available for download. Print the challan, then go to any branch of State Bank of India branch to pay the fee
Ques. What are language option I can choose to appear for OJEE exam?
Ans. Candidates can take OJEE exam only in English medium
Ques. How many test takers are there for OJEE?
Ans. Every year around 52,560 candidates apply for OJEE Exam.
Ques. What is the registration fee for M.Pharma through OJEE 2018?
Ans. The registration fee for OJEE 2018 is Rs 1000/-. Candidates have to apply on the official website i.e. ojee.nic.in
Ques. Is OJEE 2018 registration fee refundable?
Ans. No, the application fee is non refundable. Fee one paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Ques. I am a student from Bihar, Can I apply for OJEE?
Ans. It is mandatory to hold domicile of Orissa state to apply for OJEE 2018.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College