Odisha Joint Entrance Examination is a state-level examination, organized by the state government of Odisha. The exam is conducted for students seeking admission to undergraduate, masters and lateral entry courses.
Here are some key points about OJEE 2018:
- The official OJEE 2018 Notification will be released by the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB) January 2018.
- Candidates can begin filling OJEE 2018 Application Form from the first week of February 2018.
- The registration process for OJEE 2018 will be completely online. Candidates can avail the application form from the official website i.e. ojee.nic.in.
- A candidate must be a domicile of Odisha and not less than 17 years, to be able to apply for the exam. Check OJEE Eligibility
- The paper pattern for OJEE will vary course-wise. However, the exam will be conducted in offline mode, with all objective-type questions. Check OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
Last year, approximately 52,560 appeared for OJEE Exam. For this year, OJEE 2018 Result is expected to be declared in June 2018.
OJEE 2018 Key Points
- OJEE is organized for students seeking admission to first year degree course of Ayurveda, Homeopathy & MAM.
- Through OJEE exam, students will also get admission in lateral entry in engineering & technology and first year of master’s courses in MCA, M.Tech, MBA, M.Pharm, etc.
- Odisha has already joined JEE Main for admission to B.E / B.Tech program.
- For admission in MBBS & BDS programs, NEET UG score will be used.
OJEE Exam Highlights
|OJEE 2018 Exam Date||May 2018|
|Exam Name||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)|
|Conducting Body||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Sections||Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate, Lateral Entry and Post Graduate|
|Candidates Expected to Appear||52,000|
|OJEEB Help Desk||0674-6552455, 6552456, 6552457, 6552458|
OJEE 2018 Exam Dates
OJEE Board is expected to announce the official notification and OJEE 2018 Exam dates in the month of February. Given below is the tentative schedule of events for OJEE 2018.
|Release of OJEE 2018 Notification||January 2018|
|Release of OJEE 2018 Application Form||First week of February 2018|
|Last date to fill OJEE 2018 Application Form||March 2018|
|Availability of OJEE 2018 Admit Card||Third week of April 2018|
|OJEE 2018 Exam Date||Second week of May 2018|
|Declaration of OJEE 2018 Result||First week of June 2018|
|Commencement of OJEE 2018 Counselling||Last week of June 2018|
OJEE 2018 Eligibility
Candidates before applying online must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria required for OJEE 2018. Here are the details about the eligibility criteria required for various courses in different disciplines:
- Applicants should have the domicile of the state Odisha.
- All the applicants must be atleast age to 17 years.
- There will be no age limit for the applicants who wish to pursue the Master degree course
Other details for OJEE eligibility criteria required for various courses is given below:
|Program||General||SC/ST||Qualifying Examination & Subjects|
|BAMS and BHMS||50%||40%||Passed 10+2 examination of CHSE, Odisha or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.|
|B Planning||45%||40%||Same as B.Tech|
|B.Pharma||45%||40%||10+2 passed with Physics, Chemistry and any one (Mathematics, Biology, BioTech, Technical Vocational Subject, Electronics, Computer Science, IT, Statistics, Geology )|
|LE B.Tech||45%||40%||Passed 3-years diploma in appropriate branch of engineering/technology.|
|LE Pharma||45%||40%||Diploma in Pharmacy|
|MCA||50%||45%||Bachelor degree (BCA, BSc (IT/CS/IST/ITM)) in any stream passed with Mathematics at 12th level or at graduation level.|
|Integrated MBA||45%||40%||Passed 10+2 in any stream.|
|M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Pharma||50%||45%||For M.Tech, students should be passed/appearing bachelor degree examination (B.Tech).|
|For M Pharm, students should be passed/appearing in bachelor’s degree in pharmacy|
|For M.Arch, bachelor’s degree in architecture is required.|
|For M.Plan, students should have passed bachelor’s degree in Economics, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Environmental Science, Statistics, Social works with specialization in Community Development and Rural Development.|
Check OJEE Eligibility
OJEE 2018 Reservation
Reservation is provided for certain reserved categories filled in the application form. OJEE Reservation Criteria is applicable for the following categories.
- Odisha State Category
- Green Card Holders
- Physically challenged or Persons with Disability
- Wards of Ex-servicemen native of Odisha
- Women Candidates
- Tuition Waiver Scheme
- Odiya speaking candidates residing outside Odisha
- Non-Resident Indians
- Outside State Category
Candidates from reserved category must be aware of important guidelines for each category. During counselling, candidates claiming seats under reserved categories in OJEE 2018, have to produce a certain set of documents in support of their claim.
OJEE 2018 Application Form
- Candidates have to apply online for OJEE 2018.
- OJEE Application Form is available online on the official site i.e ojee.nic.in.
- All the applicants need to register themselves before filling the application form and then log in using the application number and password.
- Candidates have to submit the application fee to submit the application form.
The stepwise process to apply for OJEE 2018 is discussed below in detail:
Step 1: Fill details in Registration Form
- Visit the official website of OJEE 2018
- Click on ‘Odisha Joint Entrance Examination - 2018 Application Form”
- Candidates will be redirected to a new page with application form links for different courses
|Form A||BAMS & BHMS / Pharmacy / Pharmacy and BAMS & BHMS|
|Form B||Lateral Entry (Engineering, Pharma) & B.Sc.(LE)|
|Form C||MCA / MBA / Lateral Entry MCA|
|Form D||PGAT (M.Tech / M.Tech(PT) / M.Arch / M.Pharm / M.Plan)|
|Form E||Combination of MBA and MCA / MBA and LE-MCA / MBA and PGAT|
|Form F||Integrated MBA course ( 5-Years)|
- Select the correct Application Form among - A, B, C, D, E & F. Candidates are allowed to register and fill one application form only. After clicking the link, candidates will be redirected to the online application form.
- Fill in the personal, academic, reservation & other details and choose a password.
- After submission of the required data asked during online form fill-up, click on “Submit” to submit the form.
- Once a candidate has created their password and the registration/application number is generated, they can log in as many times for uploading images and fee payment
Step 2: Upload Photograph, Signature & Thumb Impression
- Candidates will have to upload their Photograph (3.5*4.5 cm), signature (3.5*1.5 cm) and Left-Hand Thumb Impression (3.5*1.5 cm) after saving the details
- After uploading these documents, click on the "Submit" button.
Step 3: Pay Application Fee
- Next, go to the payment page and make payment of fee via online mode or offline mode.
- Click on the " Online payment" button, then fill the required details and click " Make payment "
- Candidates can also use e-Challan mode for remitting fee in State Bank of India. After online application form is filled up, e- challan form option will be available for download. Candidate should print the challan, then go to any branch of State Bank of India branch and pay the fee.
The registration fee will vary for various courses. Candidates can check the table below for OJEE Application Fee for various courses.
|Name of the Course||Amount of Fee|
|BAMS & BHMS/Pharmacy/Pharmacy and BAMS & BHMS||INR 1000/-|
|LE (Engineering, Pharma)||INR 1000/-|
|MBA and MCA, MBA and LE-MCA, MBA and PGAT||INR 1500/-|
|Integrated MBA||INR 1000/-|
Step 4: Print Application Form
- Click the “Submit” button and take the printout.
OJEE 2018 Admit Card
- The Board will issue OJEE 2018 Admit card to all candidates who register successfully.
- The Admit Card for OJEE will be available on the official website only.
- Candidates will be required to download and take the printout of the admit card from the website.
- OJEE Admit card will contain details about the exam duration, exam date and the timing of the exam. Candidates have to reach the examination center at least half an ago before the reporting time.
- Candidates are required to submit the one copy of the Admit card duly signed by the invigilator before leaving examination hall.
Here is how you can download OJEE 2018 Admit Card:
- Open the official website of OJEE i.e. ojee.nic.in
- Click the link ‘Download OJEE 2018 Admit Card’
- Enter your Application Number and Date of Birth and click on submit
- OJEE Hall Ticket will be displayed on the screen
- Candidates must download and print it for further use
Download OJEE 2018 Admit Card
OJEE 2018 Exam Centres
OJEE Exam will be conducted across 30 exam cities in Odisha. Here are some important features about the OJEE Exam Centers:
- Enter 3 options for OJEE Exam centers in the application form.
- The final decision on allotment of OJEE 2018 Exam Centers rests with the exam conducting authority.
- The allocation or discretion or addition of any new OJEE Exam Center is also in the hands of the conducting body.
The table below has the list of OJEE Exam Centers:
|PLACE OF CENTRE||CODE||PLACE OF CENTRE||CODE|
OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern will vary for all the courses.
- All the questions are in MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) format and the exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen & paper based).
- Every question will have four option choices, out of which one is correct.
- Candidates are awarded +4 marks for every correct response while -1 mark will be deducted from the score for every wrong answer.
- No marks are awarded for unanswered questions or questions with multiple responses.
Given below is the course wise exam pattern:
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Pharmacy / BAMS / BHMS
Applicants for Pharmacy/BAMS/BHMS have to attempt total 120 multiple choice questions from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology). The section-wise distribution of questions in each section is mentioned below.
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry B.Tech (Diploma Holders)
Candidates applying for lateral entry B.Tech program have to solve 120 objective type questions in a span of 2 hours. The section and distribution of questions in each section is mentioned in the table below.
|Basic Electrical Engineering||40|
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry (+3 SC / B.Sc)
The duration of L.E B.Sc. test is 1 hour in which candidates have to solve 60 multiple choice question from Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. Check the table below for more details.
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry (Pharmacy) and M.Pharmacy
It will be a 1 hour examination and 60 questions will be asked from the main branch alone.
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE MCA
The duration of OJEE MCA and L.E. MCA is 2 hours in which candidates have to attempt 120 multiple choice questions. Check the table below for more details on section-wise distribution of questions.
OJEE Exam Pattern- MBA Stream
OJEE MBA paper consists of total 5 sections and a total of 120 objective type questions. The section-wise distribution of questions is tabulated below.
|Computer and Business Fundamentals||10|
OJEE Exam Pattern- Integrated MBA (5 Years)
The entrance test for admission to Integrated MBA program consists of 4 sections namely – Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, General Knowledge, and Comprehension. There are total 60 multiple choice questions.
OJEE Exam Pattern- M.Plan Stream
The PGAT entrance test consists of 60 objective type questions. There are 3 sections in total – Logical Reasoning, Arithmetic Reasoning, and Architectural Concept. Check the distribution of questions for all the 3 sections.
|Architectural concept related||40|
Check OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
OJEE 2018 Result
- OJEE 2018 Result will be published online at the official site.
- The result is expected to be announced in the first week of June 2018.
- The result will be declared by the Joint Entrance Examination Cell, State Government of Odisha for various UG and PG programs offered by different Government and Private institutions of the state.
- Students have to enter their roll number and other necessary details to view the result.
The steps to check OJEE 2018 Result are mentioned below.
- Visit the official site of OJEE i.e. ojee.nic.in
- Click on ‘OJEE Result 2018’
- Enter Application No. and Date of Birth
- Download and take print out of Rank Card
Read more about OJEE 2018 Result
OJEE 2018 Cutoff
- OJEE Cut off 2018 will be the minimum marks on the basis of which a candidate will be allotted a seat in his choice of institution.
- Candidates who manage to score above the total and sectional cutoff score would qualify for admission to that particular course.
- They will be called to participate in OJEE Counselling Procedure.
- OJEE 2018 cutoff for various courses will be announced along with the result.
- The category-wise opening and closing ranks will be published in the cutoff list. Separate cutoff lists would be published for all courses.
Here is the expected OJEE 2018 Cut off for your reference:
|Other Backward Caste||457-454||14058-14909|
|Scheduled Caste||451-327||14240- 61231|
OJEE 2018 Counselling
- OJEE 2018 Counselling will be organized after the release of merit list on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance test.
- The counselling will be conducted via online mode.
- During OJEE Counselling, candidates will have to fill and lock their choices of colleges depending on their courses and their ranks.
- As per the choices filled, rank and availability of the seats, candidates will be allotted seats.
- Candidates are required to carry the stipulated fee and documents at the allotted college to complete the admission process.
Know more about OJEE Counselling
Documents Required During Counselling
The Documents required for the verification are enlisted below:
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th class
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- Candidate passport size photograph
- OJEE 2018 Admit Card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
- Scorecard of OJEE 2018
- Scorecard of JEE Mains 2018 (if applicable)
OJEE 2018 Participating Institutes
- The participating colleges of OJEE 2018 consists of the names of the institutes in Odisha which admit candidates to various engineering programmes as per merit.
- Candidates can use the given list of OJEE Participating Institutes 2018 for filling in the choices as per their preference of colleges and courses.
- Here is the list of OJEE Participating Institutesbefore completing the choice filling and locking for the counseling and seat allotment of the admission process.
|Top Ten OJEE 2018 Participating Institutes|
|Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Sambalpur||Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Sarang||Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Gunupur|
|Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi||Parala Maharaja Engineering College, Berhampur|
|Silicon Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar||CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar|
|Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar||Orissa School of Mining Engineering, Keonjhar|