NTSE Results for Stage 2 are awaited by all the candidates. The exam was successfully conducted on May 14, 2017. Nearly 4000 students appeared for NTSE Stage 2. National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) will also be declaring the official answer keys and a provisional merit list by June 2017.
Here are some key points about NTSE Results:
- Stage 1 of NTSE is conducted on state-level basis.
- NTSE Result 2017 (Stage 1) was declared in January and February 2017 for all the states.
- Candidates who qualified the first stage appeared for NTSE Stage 2 on May 14, 2017.
- Stage 2 of NTSE is a national-level test.
- Candidates who clear NTSE Stage 2 will be considered for scholarships.
- The qualifying marks for each paper is 40% of unreserved category and 32% for reserved category candidates.
Candidates can visit the official website of NTSE i.e. ncert.nic.in to check NTSE Result. They must then enter their login credentials viz. registration number and date of birth to access the same. NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) aims to spot candidates with high intellect all over the nation, who study in class X.
NTSE 2017 Results Date
Here are all the important exam and result dates for NTSE 2017:
NTSE 2017 (Stage I) Exam Date for Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Andaman & Nicobar Islands
November 5, 2016
NTSE Stage I Conducted for Other states and UTs
November 6, 2016
NTSE Stage I Conducted for Bihar & West Bengal Conducted on
November 13, 2016
NTSE Result Stage I
NTSE 2017 stage II - For All states and UTs
May 14, 2017
NTSE Result Date (Stage II)
NTSE Results 2017 (Stage 1)
- NTSE Results for stage I were declared by NCERT in January and February 2017 for all the states.
- All the participating states published their own score list online.
- Candidates can check their sectional scores in the list corresponding to their name and/or roll number.
Here are the state-wise NTSE Results 2017 (Stage 1):
Read more about NTSE Result 2017 for Stage 1
How to Check NTSE Results?
It is essential for a candidate to clear both, Stage 1 and 2, to be eligible for scholarships. The scholarships will be awarded to the students selected on the basis of final merit list once stage II NTSE Results are announced. Candidates must note that NTSE Result is uploaded on the official website of NCERT as well as on the website of state education boards. No postal communication will be made.
Here is how candidates can check results for NTSE and obtain scanned OMR Answer Sheets along with the answer keys:
- Visit the official website of respective state government/ union territories’
- Look for the ‘NTSE result link’.
- Click on it, you will be navigated to another page
- Enter the details such as roll number, date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format
- The OMR Answer Sheet will appear on the screen
Note: Candidates may report any discrepancies found in the NTSE Result through mail at email@example.com within stipulated time and date.
Details in NTSE Results PDF
NTSE Result is declared in PDF format and shows the various particulars viz:
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Address of School
- Caste Category
- Disability Status
- MAT Marks (out of 50), SAT Marks (Out of 50), Total Marks out of 150, Lank Marks out of 50 and Rank of the candidate.
Important points regarding NTSE Results
- All the candidates of Indian Nationality studying abroad are considered eligible to appear at Stage II (National Level) of NTSE.
- Students have to post the duly signed application along with the photocopy of mark-sheet of the previous examination before December 31, 2016.
- NTSE Application Form is supposed to be submitted to the Liaison Officer of State/UT and not to the NCERT.
- Stage II of NTSE is conducted by NCERT and no fee is charged for Stage II examination.
NTSE 2017 Qualifying Criteria
The qualifying marks for NTSE is different for all papers and subjects and is different for all categories. Here we have listed the qualifying percentage for each paper, subject, and category:-
|Papers||Maximum Marks||Qualifying Percentage/ Marks|
|-- ||-- ||General Category||SC/ST/PH Category|
|Paper I (MAT)||49*||40% (19.6)||35% (17.15)|
|# Paper II (English Language)||50||40% (20.0)||35% (17.5)|
|# Paper II (Hindi Language)||50||40% (20.0)||35% (17.5)|
|Paper III (SAT)||96**||40% (38.4)||35% (33.6)|
|Total Marks||145||40% (58)||35% (50.75)|
- *: One question dropped from MAT paper
- **: Four questions dropped from SAT paper
- #: Qualifying paper (its number will not be considered while preparing the merit list)
Read more about NTSE Qualifying Criteria
NTSE Final Results
- The Final NTSE Results will mention scores and names shortlisted candidates who qualify the Stage-II examination.
- The scholarships will be awarded to the students selected on the basis of final merit list once stage II result of NTSE 2017 is announced.
We have compiled the category-wise data for all the candidates who were granted scholarships by NCERT in 2015 and 2016. Check the numbers below:
|Category||Number of students selected|
|Category||Number of students selected|
From the above, we conclude that the number of students selected from general category were the highest (775) in both the years. The least number of students got selected from ST Category, 50 in 2016 and 14 in 2015.
- About 1000 scholarships will be awarded to candidates from different stages of education. Read them below:
- Class XI- XII- INR 1250/pm
- Undergraduates and Post-Graduates- INR 2000/pm
- Ph.D.- In accordance with UGC norms
Read more about NTSE
NTSE 2017 Cut Off
NTSE is a national level examination, therefore, a number of competent candidates appear for this exam. Approximately 4000 candidates make it to the cut off set by the NCERT to move to stage II of the examination. Candidates are selected for the final award on the basis of their score in both the exams.
The final list will be declared online, category-wise in the following order:
- Scheduled Castes
- Scheduled Tribes
- Minimum Qualifying Marks and Cut Off for different papers (category wise)
Candidates shall receive an award letter, certificate of merit and details of the disbursement of scholarship in due time by the division.
NTSE 2017 Expected Cut off
The below graph and table represent the expected cutoff for NTSE 2017. Out of the total 145 marks, all candidates must secure the specified cutoff marks, to be considered for scholarships.
|Category||Maximum Marks||Cutoff Marks|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||145||56.43|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||145||52.12|
|PH (Physically Handicapped)||145||53.47|
NTSE Results FAQs
Ques 1. Where can I check NTSE Results?
Ans: NTSE Results will be available on the official website of all the respective state education boards. You may visit their website to download the result pdf.
Ques 2. When will NTSE 2017 result for Stage 2 be declared? Is the date confirmed?
Ans: The result for NTSE 2017 Stage 2 is expected to be out in June/ July 2017. However, no confirmed date is announced by NCERT.
Ques 3. What are the basis for the merit list you prepare?
Ans: NTSE Merit List for all the stages is purely based on merit. All candidates who clear the exam and secure the set cutoff marks, will proceed on to the next stage. Candidates clearing stage 2 will be granted scholarships.
Ques 4. What is the reservation policy in NTSE?
Ans: Here is the reservation policy that is followed in NTSE:
Ques 5. Is there any state quota in NTSE?
Ans. Yes, there is state quota in NTSE Stage-1 . i.e. a selected number of candidates from the state will qualify the first round (STSE). However, there is no state quota for the final result.
Ques 6. How many scholarships are awarded every year?
Ans. About 1000 scholarships are awarded every year.
Ques 7. Is there any provision for rechecking/ re-totalling?
Ans. All the OMR sheets are put on the web portal to maintain transparency. Since the exam is computer based, which is highly efficient, there is no provision for re-totalling or rechecking.