NIMCET 2018 will allow candidates to gain admission into 11 participating NITs, namely Warangal, Tiruchirapalli, Surathkal, Raipur, Kurukshetra, Jamshedpur, Durgapur, Calicut, Bhopal, Allahabad, Agartala.
- Three rounds of allotment for the seats will be issued by NITs. In case of any vacant seats, announcement will be made.
- NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) 2018 is a national level entrance exam conducted by National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Agartala once a year.
- The exam is for candidates seeking admission into Master of Computer Application (MCA) courses NITs in India. NIMCET 2018 is likely to be held in May 2018.
- NIMCET 2018 Application Form will be available form the 1st week of March 2018.
- Exam will be conducted through pen and paper mode in English over duration of two and a half hours in the month of May 2018.
- NIMCET Exam Pattern consist of 120 multiple choice questions (MCQs). The paper will consist of four sections, namely Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English.
NIMCET 2018 Highlights
|Date of Exam||Fourth week, May 2018|
|Conducting Body||NIT, Agartala|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||2 and ½ hours (150 minutes)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Type and Number of Questions||120 MCQs|
|Sections||4 sections - Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English|
|Number of Seats||Vary each year (815 for NIMCET 2017)|
|First round of seat allotment||Fourth week, June 2018|
|Second round of seat allotment||Fourth week, June 2018|
|Third round of seat allotment||First week, July 2018|
|Vacant seat announcement||Second week, July 2018|
NIMCET 2018 Dates
The official announcement of exam is likely to be made during the 1st week of March 2018 and during the same time online registration will probably commence.
|Official Announcement of Exam||First week of March 2018|
|Commencement of Online Registration||First week of March 2018|
|Last date of receipt of print out of online application form and payment receipt, with self-attested photocopies of 12th mark sheet and graduation certificate||Second week of April 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||Third week of May 2018|
|Exam Date||Fourth week of May 2018|
|Result||First week of June 2018|
|Commencement of online choice filling||Second week of June 2018|
|End of online choice filling||Third week of June 2018|
NIMCET 2018 Eligibility
Candidates who have pursued Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) or B.Sc (Hons), or Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) or Bachelor of Technology (BIT) for at least 3 years from a recognized University are eligible for the exam. Also, candidates with B.E, B.Tech or some equivalent degree from a recognized University qualify for giving the exam.
Furthermore, candidates who have done B.Sc, B.Sc (Hons), BCA or BIT for 3 years from Open Universities also qualify for giving the exam, if the course is approved by UGC, AICTE and Distance Education Council of Government of India. Candidates appearing for qualifying exam are also eligible for giving entrance exam.
- There is no specific age limit for appearing in NIMCET 2018
- No limit on the number of attempts has been specified
- Indian National candidates are required to have a minimum of 60% as aggregate or 6.5/10 CGPA.
- Candidates belonging to SC or ST are required to have a minimum of 55% aggregate or 6.0/10 CGPA.
NIMCET 2018 Application Form
Candidates will have to fill the application form online only on the official website of NIMCET. Online application form is likely to be available on the website from 1st week of March 2018. Following the steps that need to be followed by candidates for successful submission of their application:
- Go to official website of NIMCET 2018
- Use ‘sign up’ tab to create a new user account through personal information, including email ID, mobile number, username and password.
- Login with username and password
- Completely, carefully and correctly fill all details in ‘NIMCET Application form 2018’ that will entail information regarding educational qualifications, address, selecting three preferred examination centers etc.
- Upload scanned images of color photograph and signature in required format
- Pay necessary application fees through online mode
- Complete application form consisting of unique application number will be generated, subsequent to successful completion of application form
- Print application form
- Send application form print out, along with other required documents, to ‘The Secretary, NIMCET-2018, National Institute of Technology Agartala, Barjala, Jirania-799046, Tripura’
- Documents should be sent by Speed Post or Registered Post
Application fees will have to be submitted by candidates only through online mode. Application processing fee will payable only via SBI-I collect and NIMCET 2018. Fee will be non-refundable. It will have to be paid just prior to final submission of online application form at official website of NIMCET 2018.
NIMCET 2018 Admit Card
NIMCET 2018 Admit card is of crucial significance because it is the proof of identity for applicants. It is advised that admit card be downloaded by candidates immediately after they are available online to ensure that details mentioned in admit card are correct.
In case of any discrepancies in admit card, candidates must immediately get in touch with the required officials. The following information is mentioned in the admit card:
- Name of candidate,
- Candidate’s father and mother name
- Address of examination center
- Date of examination
- Timing of examination and
- Candidate’s date of birth
- Scanned photograph
- Signature of candidate
- Roll number
- Registration number
These details are extremely vital both for candidate and examiner. Admit card must be carried by all candidates during the exam. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination center without admit card and candidate will not be allowed to give the exam.
How to Download Admit Card?
Admit card will be available on official website of NIMCET 2018, starting probably from 3rd week of May 2018. Admit card will have to be downloaded online by candidates from official website only. Admit card will have to be downloaded by candidates themselves, since authority will no longer be sending admit cards to candidates.
- Go on the official website of NIMCET 2018
- Login using username and password
- Download admit card and check for any discrepancies
- Take a print out if all details are correct
The number of centers varies each year depending upon the conducting body. Examination is usually conducted at various cities across India. Each selected city has multiple centers. Each candidate is given an option to select three preferred examination locations. Final examination venue for each candidate is fixed by the conducting authority.
NIMCET 2018 Exam Pattern
It is important for aspirants to have knowledge of NIMCET exam pattern in order to excel in the examination. NIMCET 2018 will be conducted over duration of two and a half hours. It will be an objective type question paper, where each candidate will be required to answer 120 MCQs.
- Examination will be conducted offline, which means that candidates will have to answer using a pen on the given answer sheet.
- Examination will be conducted only in English medium. Each correct answer will earn 4 marks, while 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Examination will judge candidates on 4 sections, namely Computer Awareness, General English, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning and Mathematics.
- Computer Awareness section will contain 10 questions, General English section will entail 20 questions, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning section will have 40 questions, while the remaining 50 questions will be in Mathematics section.
- A maximum of 40 marks can be earned in Computer Awareness section, while General English section can be given a maximum of 80 marks.
- In Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning section, candidate can earn a maximum of 160 marks and Mathematics section can fetch 200 marks. In total, a maximum of 480 marks can be awarded to any candidate.
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||120 MCQs|
|Duration of Exam||2 and ½ hours (150 minutes)|
|Sections in Paper||4 sections - Computer Awareness, General English, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning and Mathematics|
NIMCET 2018 Syllabus
There are basically for sections in NIMCET question paper. Syllabus for each subject is given below:
Computer Awareness Section
- Basics of Computer - Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input / Output Devices, Computer Memory, Structure of instructions in CPU and Back-Up Devices
- Data Representation - Representation Of Characters, Binary And Hexadecimal Representations and Integers and Fractions
- Binary Arithmetic - Addition, Subtraction, Venn Diagrams, Multiplication, Division, Boolean Algebra, Simple Arithmetic And Two’s Complement Arithmetic, Floating Point Representation Of Numbers and Truth Tables
General English Section
Candidates will be tested for their understanding of general concepts of the English language. Following topics will be covered in this section
- Basic English Grammar (using correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles)
- Word Power
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Meaning of Words and Phrases
- pTechnical Writing
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning Section
Candidates will be required to answer questions based on the details given in the passage. Candidates will also be tested for their aptitude in logical situations.
- Set Theory
- Probability and Statistics
- Coordinate Geometry
NIMCET 2018 Preparation Books
Listed below are few books for candidates preparing for NIMCET 2018:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|A Comprehensive Guide for M.C.A. Entrance Examination||R.S. Agarwal & Deepak Agarwal|
|A Concise English Grammar||RPH Editorial Board|
|A Modern Approach to Non Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|A Text Book on Calculus||S. K. Goyal|
|Advance General English||H. S. Bhatia|
|All about Reasoning (Verbal)||Anjani A Gupta|
|Arihant MCA Entrance Test||Amit M. Agarwal|
|Arithmetic for Competitive Examinations||Jain & Sharma|
|Barron’s Military Flight Aptitude Tests||Terry L. Duran|
|Common Errors in English||Abul Hashem|
|English Reading Comprehension||Anjani A Gupta|
|Excel With Objective Book for NIMCET||J.B Dixit, Ruchi Sharma and Ashish Mangal|
|General English||Abul Hashem|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A. K. Gupta|
|MCA Entrance Test (Self Study Guide)||Amit M. Agarwal|
|Mental Ability Tests||Dr.Lal & Jain|
|Test of English Language||RPH Editorial Board|
|Non Verbal Reasoning||B. S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
|Numerical Ability & Mathematical Aptitude||Dr. A.B. Ra|
|Objective General English||Anjani A Gupta|
|Objective Mathematics||M. L. Khanna|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Rita Mishra|
|The Aptitude Test Workbook||Jim Barrett|
NIMCET 2018 Result
NIMCET 2018 Result is likely to be released during the 1st week of June 2018. The result will be published on the official website of NIMCET 2018. The result will be released in the form of individual scorecard of each candidate.
How to Download Scorecard?
- Go to the official website of NIMCET 2018
- Login using username and password
- View/download scorecard
- Print scorecard
Based on the marks obtained by all candidates in the entrance exam, a merit/rank list will be prepared by the concerned authorities. A few days subsequent to successfully conducting NIMCET 2018, its answer key will be published by NIT. It will allow candidates wo verify their answers.
Cutoff marks are the minimum marks required by candidate for securing admission in to MCA courses across participating NITs in India. Cutoff marks vary each year’s depending on various factors like-
- The total number of candidates appearing for examination
- Number of candidates who have passed examination
- Complexity level of examination paper
- Total number of seats available
- Section-wise cutoff might also be released
NIMCET 2018 Counselling
Counselling process for NIMCET 2018 is likely to commence in 2nd week of June 2018, subsequent to the declaration of results. The process will be undertaken by NIT.
Steps in Counselling Process:
- Each candidate will be allotted a rank as per the marks obtained in the examination
- Applicants then need to opt for their choices of institutions online by login into their account using username and password
- Depending upon their ranks, candidates will be eligible to be part of NIMCET 2018’s counselling sessions offered by NITS for admission into MCA course
- Counselling session will have to be personally attended by candidates
- Each candidate will be required to pay fees of Rs. 10000 for participating in counselling process
- Counselling session schedule will be published by NITs after the declaration of result
- Candidates will be required to carry all the original documents pertaining to their educational qualifications and identification
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College