National Institute of Fashion Technology will release NIFT Results 2018 on March 30, 2018(Tentative). Candidates who will meet NIFT Cut off for various NIFT campuses can then participate in NIFT Counselling Process. Institutes will provide details of counselling viz. the mode, dates and procedure in April/ May 2018. It will be conducted in multiple rounds at 16 Campuses of NIFT. The whole admission process will be coordinated by NIFT Head Office.
- Eligible candidates have to fill online counselling registration form at nift.ac.in or nift.admissions.ac.in
- Candidates will receive system generated letter containing detail of nodal officer and documets required at the time of counselling
- Candidates should reach the designated center for document verification and seat allocation
- Those who will fail to reach at counselling will forfeit their allocated seat Check NIFT Seat Matrix
NIFT 2018 Counselling Process
- For NIFT Counselling 2018, candidates are required to register themselves separately on the official website of NIFT i.e. nift.ac.in.
- One can get registered using their credentials namely NIFT Form Number, Date of Birth (DOB) and Password.
- While getting registered, candidates have to select a counselling campus they will participate in as well.
- There is no registration fee for the first round of counselling. For subsequent rounds, the candidate will have to pay INR 5000.
- Upon successful registration, a system generated letter will be issued to the candidate. The letter will contain details of the Nodal Officer and the documents required for counselling and NIFT Admission Process.
Documents Required for NIFT Counselling 2018
Candidates clearing NIFT Entrance Exam 2018 have to participate in NIFT 2018 counselling process. They have to physically report at the venue to complete the NIFT Admission Process. There are some essential documents that they will have to carry along as they will be subject to verification at the counselling center. Candidates have to mandatorily carry all documents in original, along with one set of photocopy. The list of required documents is given below -
- System generated letter/e-mail received at the time of registration.
- Photograph (2 Passport & 4 Stamp Size)
- Original certificates of class 10th, 12th and qualifying degree (mark sheet and certificate).
- Class 12th School Leaving Certificate (for domicile seats only)
- Certificate of having passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination, showing the subjects offered by him/her in the examination. Physics, Chemistry and Math for B.F. Tech.
- For PG courses, candidate have to bring the qualifying degree examination mark sheet. In case the candidate has appeared in final semester/ final year (as applicable) then he/she will have to bring the original mark sheet of all the previous semester/years.
- In case the candidate has appeared for qualifying exam/compartment (of final year/ semester) and the result is due, the date sheet /admit card for examination has to be brought.
- PwD Certificate (if required)
- Caste certificate from the prescribed authority showing that he/she belongs to a Schedules Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/OBC (Non-Creamy) category.
- Candidate must bring the Bank Draft(s) of requisite fee in favor of “NIFT HO”. The name of the candidate, date of counselling, phone/ mobile no., name of the programme, Category, Rank and Roll Number are to be mentioned at the back of Bank Draft(s).
- Basis of funding of the tuition fee/ certificate of parents income e.g Income Tax Return of 2017-2018, Salary Certificate of March 2018
- Valid PHP Certificate. Certificate of Medical Fitness signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format in original must be produced during NIFT 2018 counselling.
- In case the result of qualifying examination is yet to be declared then the applicant should bring an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper costing Rs.10/- for seeking provisional admission.
- Copy of 1st, 2nd & 3rd year graduation mark sheet/ self-attested copy of final year appearing certificate (For Master Programmes).
- Certificate of Medical Fitness to be signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format in original.
- An undertaking regarding Anti-Ragging.
- An undertaking regarding refund of fee.
Note: In case, any of the above-mentioned documents is in any other language rather than Hindi or English, then the authentic translation in English/Hindi has to be produced. It should be duly verified by the issuing institution/Gazetted officer/Self-attested (original and photocopy). If the candidate fails to produce the requisite authentic translation then it may result in cancellation of admission.
Cancellation of Admission
A candidate can face the cancellation of his/her candidature under the following circumstances:
- Qualifying NIFT Entrance Exam does not entitle a candidate with admission confirmation.
- If the organizing authorities are not satisfied with the character, past behaviour or antecedents of the candidate, then there admission can be cancelled.
- Director of the Campus can cancel the admission granted to any candidate at any stage if it is found that the candidate has got admission in any Campus /Programme on the basis of false information, or by hiding relevant facts. Also, if it is found that admission given due to any mistake or oversight the admission granted will be cancelled without any prior notice and at any time during the course of his studies. Fee deposited by the candidate will be forfeited.
- During verification, before or after the Written Test, Situation Test, Group Discussion and Interview (as the case may be), if it is found that candidate doesn’t fulfill the eligibility criteria, his/her candidature admission stands cancelled without any notice or further reference.
- A candidate must report to allotted NIFT campus within 7 days of commencement of the session. If candidate fails to do so then the admission of the candidate gets cancelled without any intimation and the tuition fee paid will be forfeited.
- The Director General can cancel the admission of any student for specific reason or debar him for a certain period.
- The merit secured by the candidate is valid only for the programme/category for which he has appeared. It can’t be utilized for admission to any other programme/category. The merit is valid only for the academic session 2017-18.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College