NALCO Recruitment through GATE 2018 – National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) is going to recruit trainees through GATE 2018 score in various streams like Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and Civil Engineering.It provides an excellent opportunity for candidates to get government jobs in India. NALCO will release the official notification for NALCO Through GATE 2018 on the official website – nalcoindia.com.The online application for NALCO PSU recruitment will begin from month of April 2018. Interested candidates need to fill the forms which will be available on its official website.
The Candidates will be recruited for the post of Graduate Trainee. Candidates need to clear the eligible criteria which are explained in detail below. But the candidate can only apply if they have a bachelor degree in either one of Mechanical, Eletrical, Chemical and Civil. Another one is that you must have qualified the GATE 2018 and should obtain the valid score required for each stream.
Number of Vacancy
NALCO recruits 55 graduate trainees who are from Graduate engineering qualifications.You can download these vacancies through GATE 2018 Exam notification which will be available on its website.
The discipline wise vacancy is as follows:
|Discipline||No. Of vacancies|
The salary which will be provided to graduate trainees is Rs.16400-3%-40500 for one year.And the salary which will be provided after one year of training is Rs. 24900-3%-50500.A service agreement Bond of Rs. 3,00,000/- or Rs.4,00,000/- for training which will be imparted abroad,is to be executed by the candidate on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.1500/- in order to work with the company for minimum period of 4 years after completing the training of one year.
The approximate CTC* hence will be 8.2 lakhs per annum during training period and when the confirmation is made after working for one year to E1 grade,the CTC* would be approximate 12.12 lakhs per annum.Along with the basic salary,employees will be entitled to Dearness Allowance,which is a perquisite under cafeteria approach, HRA, medical facility for self & dependents and superannuation benefits which are: Contributory, Provident Fund, Gratuity,etc.as per rules of the Company in force from time to time during training/after absorption.
Basic Cutoff for Applying
Cut off for Nalco is evaluated considering different factors.Some of the factors are
- IT is decided based on the number of students who all together appeared for the NALCO exam.
- Then, they consider the number of students who have actually cleared the exam
- The difficulty level of question paper is also taken into consideration.
- The number of vacancies which are available for recruitment of candidates is considered.
- They could also consider cut off marks sectional wise of the paper.
You can check the expected cut off on the official website of NALCO.
READ MORE ABOUT GATE Expected Cutoff
There are a few reservations and relaxations under the recruitment procedure.They are explained below
- Reservations or certain relaxations for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) or PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) have been provided according to Government guidelines.If number of posts are increased or decreased,the number of posts for the reserved category will also vary according to the Govt.
- PWD candidates must submit valid disability certificate which is duly stamped and signed by a medical panel empowered for the same purpose.It should also comprise of at least 3 medical practitioners assigned by the Govt.hospital or medical board which are in connection to Special Employment Exchange for the handicapped.
- The nature of duties and responsibilities of the assignment,location,etc.will be taken into consideration and only then appointments for some of the vacancies will only be provided to the PWD candidates.It will also be ensured that disability is not likely to interfere with the performance and without possible deterioration of his/her health.
- The final appointment and placement is in accordance with the candidate’s medical fitness and which job of the post they are offering to the aspirant.
- Once you fill the Category SC/ST/OBC/PWD in the online application form,it will not be changed at any costs.The reserved candidates must submit required certificate in the format which is given by the Government of India issued by the Competent Authority.It will be asked at the time of interview and candidate must have them in hands.
- If the SC/ST/OBC/PWD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi,the candidates will be asked to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Concession will not be entitles to the OBC candidates who belong to “Creamy Layer”category and they will also have to mention their category as Unreserved or General.The OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidates must submit requisite certificate in prescribed format of Government of India,from a Competent Authority which should be issued in the current year.The name of the caste and community indicated in the OBC(Non-Creamy Layer) certificate must appear in the Central list of Other Backward Classes.Later on,at the time of interview OBC candidates are required to submit a self- undertaking which would indicate that they belong to OBC (Non- Creamy Layer).
- The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST,3 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer),10 years for PWD- Un-reserved (UR),13 years for PWD-OBC(Non-Creamy Layer) and 15 years for PWD-SC/ST candidates.
- Relaxation will be provided of five years in age for the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.Ex-Servicemen and children/family members of those who died in the riots of 1984 will also be getting relaxations as per directives of Govt.of India.
- The departmental candidates have to obtain a valid score in the corresponding papers of GATE-2014.No upper age limit and minimum percentage of marks is mentioned in requisite qualification for them. However, trainees who are working in NALCO will not be considered as departmental candidate.
READ MORE ABOUT GATE Reservation
- You should have all the eligibility criteria required for applying in GATE 2018 and a full time Regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology with a minimum aggregate of 65% for general category and OBC category and 55% aggregate for SC/ST/PwD category taking average of all semesters or years.
- 30 years is the age limit for the aspirants of general category,33 is for OBC and 35 for SC/ST categories.
- Candidates in the final year of Engineering or MCA can also apply for this exam.But, they will only be considered if they pass their examination with the required percentage which is same as mentioned above.The candidate must have passed this exam before their personal interview.
- All the qualifications must be from recognized Government Universities or Institutions,UGC recognized Universities or Institutions,UGC recognized Indian deemed Universities or AICTE approved courses from autonomous institutes or concerned statutory council(wherever applicable).
- If the candidate has been awarded CGPA/OGPA or any letter grade,they must declare the equivalent percentage of marks according to the norms of University/ Institute in online application form.
Students need to apply online using following steps:
- Candidates have to apply using their GATE Registration number in the career section of NALCO website.
- While filling form,you have to click on the online application link on the official website and read all the instructions before you start filling the complete information.
- Aspirants of Nalco have to upload a scanned copy of their recent passport size color photograph,GATE Admit Card and of your signature which are similar to what you submitted during your GATE application form.
The candidates who are seeking to be employed with NALCO must be medically fit according to NALCO’s pre-employment medical standard.The candidates who will be selected will undergo medical examination by NALCO Medical Board.The results declared will be final decision for approved medical fitness. No relaxation in health standards as indicated in the medical rules of the Company is allowed.
Read More GATE Score Calculation
Candidates must obtain valid scores in GATE 2018,a merit will be taken out.These candidates will then be interviewed for the position of Graduate Engineer Trainees.Candidate should also obtain valid qualifying marks in GATE for the streams.These marks will be fixed by the authority according to the different streams.