filter your search allcollegesexamnews

GATE 2018 NEWS

NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE TEST

IIT BHU GATE Cutoff and Selection Process

Last Updated - September 14, 2017

IIT BHU aspirants for M.Tech courses need to meet the GATE cutoff. IIT BHU grants admission for M.Tech courses through GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) conducted jointly by IISc and IITs. GATE 2018 cutoff for IIT BHU is the minimum marks which the candidates need to score in the online national level engineering exam. GATE 2018 is scheduled for 3rd, 4th, and 10th, 11th February 2018. 

  • GATE is an All India Examination that foremost checks understanding of the aspirants in miscellaneous subjects engineering, science, technology, and architecture. 
  • The Organizing Institute (IISc Bangalore) is responsible for GATE 2018 for each process and the coordination among the administering institutes.
  • The GATE Score of the aspirant reflects the performance level in the relative subject in the exam.
  • The score and score card are used for taking admission in PG Courses (ME, M.Tech and Ph.D.) in Indian Institutes of Higher Education. Even GATE Score is valid for direct recruitment in Group A level posts like Senior Research Officer (SRO), Senior Field Officer (SFO) in Cabinet Secretariat.
  • IIT BHU will determine the GATE cut off for various categories and disciplines in which they will be offering admission.
  • For selection through GATE, 70% weightage will be given to the performance in GATE 2018 and the rest 30% weightage will be given to the candidate’s performance in an interview as per MHRD guidelines.
  • GATE qualifying candidates need to register on COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal) and on the official institute’s website as well.
  • COAP Registration will be successful only when the candidate completes the log-in procedure with the help of the input. Input would be sent via Email / SMS after the first registration step.

IIT BHU is formally known as Banaras Engineering College (BENCO), College of Technology (TECHNO), Institute of Technology- Banaras Hindu University (IT-BHU) and College of Mining and Metallurgy (MINMET). 

IIT GATE Cutoff

InstitutesCutoff
IIT MadrasClick Here
IIT DelhiClick Here
IIT RoorkeeClick Here
IIT GuwahatiClick Here
IIT BombayClick Here
IIT KharagpurClick Here
IIT GandhinagarClick Here
IIT KanpurClick Here
IIT JodhpurClick Here
IIT HyderabadClick Here
IIT PatnaClick Here
IIT MandiClick Here
IISC BangaloreClick Here

IIT BHU M.Tech 2015-2016 cut off for Interviews

This given below table will get you the idea in brief about the selection process ranks of the candidates according GATE Scores in IIT BHU. Following table will show you the GATE cut off of various courses according to the categories, here you go-

M.Tech ProgrammesGENOBCSCST
Applied Chemistry35721766--
Chemical Engineering431342217--
Ceramics385369210--
Civil402350274--
Electrical514363265375
E&C672510307--
EE367510315343
Mechanical752297526279
Metallurgy & Material3582496470
Material Science374------
Petrochemical368------
Physics359439215330
Polymer Engineering575------
Plastic Engineering379------
E&I--520--1379
Plastic Technology--332437--
Polymer Science & Chemical Technology--411342--
Metallurgy343249181--
Nanotechnology--358311--
Microbiology----274--

IIT BHU Selection Procedure

If the student is to be selected through test/ interview processes for PG Programmes, 70% weightage will be given to the performance in GATE 2018 and the rest 30% weightage will be given to the candidate’s performance in interview as per MHRD guidelines. However, a minimum passing percentage may be applicable in the passing marks in the test/ interview.

GATE 2018, GATE Cut off

Admission process in M.Tech Program will be on-line basis only. Candidates are required to fulfill the required details for the online admission application process. With the online application, candidates are requested to upload the certificates in the desired format. Candidates applying must pay their fee only online and send the e-receipt via email to the Head of the Department. 

Following are the certificates that are to be uploaded and show at the time of Interview Procedure-

  • Date of Birth Certificate
  • E-receipt of the application processing fee
  • Category Certificate
  • Certificate of the Physical Challenged category
  • Medical Fitness Certificate from any medical practitioner
  • GATE Score Card
  • Marks sheets/ Degree Certificates/ Grade Sheets
  • Work Experience Certificate and relieving letter
  • Two letters of references
  • Undertaking letter
  • Copy of online generated application form duly signed by student
  • Copy of e-acknowledgement

Interview Process

Interview process carries a total of 30% weightage in the selection process for the admission in M.Tech Programmes. Follow the given simple steps to prepare well for the interview

  • Prepare those topics in which you are through and prepare it will
  • Prepare the topics for the worst time as you answer every questions very well asked by the interview panel
  • Complete the topics with the formulae and facts
  • Be through with the basic concepts of every subject, as interview panel may ask you from any subject
  • Project concepts must be clear, questions may be asked from the projects and industrial training
  • If you are not remembering any answer then no need to worry, be confident and say, “I don’t know”
  • Don’t wild guess your answers, as next question can be asked on the same topic
  • If your interest persists in research, then prepare your research topic thoroughly.

Financial Assistant-ship

A valid GATE score card is necessary to obtain the Financial Assistantship during M.Tech Programs in relevant branches of Science supported by MHRD or other Govt Agencies. As per the guidelines of MHRD, following procedure has to be adopted for taking admission in the PG Programs with MHRD assistantship. As per the norms by specific institutes, students may be directly admitted on his performance in GATE 2018 or the admission test and interviews conducted by the institutes. To avail the financial assistance (scholarship), the aspirant must first secure his admission to a program.

A satisfactory Monthly Stipend in the form of Teaching Assistantships of INR 12,400 per month for 2 years, will be offered to M.Tech students from the Institute IIT BHU. A candidate will be assigned duties up to 8 hours per week by the Department to avail Teaching Assistantship. The renewal of teaching assistantship is dependent on the candidate’s performance in the academic programs and in exculpating of assistantship duty on a semester basis. Valid GATE score is necessary to avail the Institute Assistantships. IIT B.Tech Graduates having CGPA score 8.00 or more, would be eligible for the assistantship without appearing in GATE.

Read About PSU through GATE


Comments

Comments


No Comments To Show

×

Related News & Articles

2017-09-14 12:32:01GATE 2018

GATE 2018 M.Tech Admission Th ..

COAP, provides a common platform for the candidate ...

2017-07-21 15:24:41GATE 2018

New Changes Introduced in GAT ..

IIT Guwahati is appointed as the conducting body o ...

2017-07-21 15:43:28GATE 2018

GATE 2018 Photograph, Signatu ..

GATE Registration will commence from September 01, ...

2017-07-07 14:40:29GATE 2018

GATE 2018 to be Conducted by ..

GATE 2018 to be conducted by IIT Guwahati, Applica ...