GATE 2017 Admit Card would be released by IIT Roorkee on the official website. Candidates can download their admit cards from January 5, 2017 onward by entering their enrolment ID and Password. Candidates who have successfully submitted their GATE 2017 Application Form will only be able to download their admit cards.
GATE Admit Card is not sent by post thus it should be downloaded from the website. Candidates are requested to bring the colored copy of GATE admit card and an original ID on the day of exam. Candidates failing to bring will not be allowed to enter the GATE exam center.
How Can I Download GATE 2017 Admit Card?
GATE 2017 admit card has to be downloaded from the official website. The step wise procedure to download GATE admit card is given below-
- Visit official website of zonal GATE
- Click on the link available to download GATE Admit Card 2017
- Enter your Enrolment ID/ Email ID, Password and Captcha
- Submit the details, GATE admit card appears on screen
- Download and take colored printout of GATE admit card
NOTE - In case of any discrepancies found on the admit card, please contact your zonal GATE office immediately.
How to Retrieve GATE enrollment ID or Password?
Forgot GATE enrollment ID or Password? No worries at all. Steps to retrieve GATE enrollment ID & Password are mentioned below:
- If you remember the Enrollment ID and forgotten Password, click on "Request for an OTP" to get One Time Password. Request for an OTP.
- If you already have an OTP, click on "Already have an OTP?" to reset the password. Already have an OTP?
- If you do not remember the Enrollment ID, click on "Forgot Enrollment ID" to get Enrollment ID via SMS. Candidates have to enter their registered mobile number and email id to retrieve their Enrollment ID.
GATE 2017: List of ID Proofs
Along with the GATE 2017 Admit Card, aspirants are requested to bring original ID Proofs that were mentioned during GATE 2017 Registration. GATE Admit Card alone is not sufficient to enter the exam center. Aspirants failed to produce the original valid ID won’t be allowed to enter the exam hall. Xerox copy of the original ID is not valid. Candidates may bring any one from the following-
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Employee ID
- College ID
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth & Residential Address.
Instructions on GATE Admit Card
- Candidate must bring admit card along with at least one original (not photocopy or scanned copy) valid photo identification proof (for example: valid passport/PAN CARD/Voter ID/Aadhar UID/Valid College ID/Employee ID/Driving License.
- The Admit Card is valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legible. To ensure this, please take a clearly legible, preferable colour print-out of this Admit Card on an A4 Sized paper.
- Candidates must report at the examination venue at least an hour before scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will be permitted to appear for the examination ONLY after their credentials are verified by Centre officials.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the necessary instructions 20 minutes before start of the examination.
- Candidates are advised to locate the examination centre and its accessibility at least a day before the examination, so that they can reach the centre on time for the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after 09:30 Hours (IST) in the forenoon session and after 14:30 Hours (IST) in the Afternoon Session. This shall be followed very very strictly and NO pleading shall be accepted.
- Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
- A virtual scientific calculator will be available on computer screen during the examination. Personal calculators, mobile phones or any other electronic devices not allowed in the examination hall. Candidates should not bring any charts/tables/papers into the examination hall. GATE authorities will not be responsible for safe keep of candidate’s personal belongings.
- Scribble pads will be provided to candidates for rough work. A candidate has to write his/her name and registration number on the scribble pad before he/she starts using it. The scribble pad must be returned to the invigilator at the end of the examination.