CUSAT PG Counselling 2017 is being conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology from May 18 to July 15, 2017.
- Cochin University of Science and Technology has announced the dates for the CUSAT PG 2017 Counselling after announcing the result on May 18, 2017.
- CUSAT PG Counselling will be held for all the qualified candidates.
- A merit list of candidates will be made based on their performance and will be called for counselling, with priority given to higher ranked candidates.
- In the counselling process, candidates have to register themselves for admission to various academic programmes of the University.
- The registration will be done only through the login portal. The qualified candidates have to enter their options for the programme and college they wish to get admission into.
- Registered candidates will be allotted seats as per their rank and availability of the seats.
To participate in CUSAT PG Counselling 2017, candidates must have a valid score in CUSAT CAT and should meet the eligibility criteria set by the University.
CUSAT PG Counselling 2017: Highlights
- Cochin University of Science and Technology will not send any call letters/communication to the candidates through post. Therefore, it is important that candidates must keep a track of all important dates and events of the exam.
- Candidates must also regularly check their email ID and mobile number with which the candidate has registered to check CUSAT CAT Results.
- Candidates will be offered seats on the basis of CUSAT 2017 Rank List.
- After the candidate has been allotted a seat, the candidate will have to pay the counselling fee.
- After the Seat Allotment and Counselling Procedure is concluded, candidates have to go through the document verification stage also.
CUSAT PG Counselling 2017: Important Dates
The important dates of CUSAT PG Counselling 2017 are given below:
|1.||Start of Option Selection||May 18, 2017|
|2.||Last date for Option Re-arrangement||May 22, 2017|
|3.||First Round of Seat Allotment||May 24, 2017|
|4.||Last Date for payment of fees for first allotment||May 28, 2017|
|5.||Second Round of Seat Allotment||May 30, 2017|
|6.||Last Date for payment of fees for second allotment||June 02, 2017|
|7.||Counselling / Admission of candidates||June 07 to June 08, 2017(10 am to 4 pm)|
CUSAT PG Counselling 2017: Procedure
CUSAT PG Counselling 2017 will commence from May 18, 2017, to June 8, 2017. Only those applicants who will qualify in CUSAT PG CAT 2017 will be eligible to participate in the counselling session.
Candidates will be required to select their preferred college and courses online. Allocation of seats will be done online based on the applicant’s rank, category, availability of seats and other factors. After the seat allocation, candidates will have to submit the fee within stipulated time and report at their allotted institute for document verification.
Steps involved in CUSAT PG Counselling and seat allotment 2017 Procedure:
Step 1: Option Registration
Option Registration can be done from the candidates’ home page at the official website. Candidates have to fill his/her choice of college and course in MA/M.Sc. program, candidates who have applied for MFSc and MCA have to simply select the program. Candidates can make changes/corrections till the last date of choice filling, however, after the last date is over, no changes can be made in the selection of choices. Candidates can mark as many options as they want. There is no restriction.
Option Registration process for CUSAT PG Counselling 2017 was scheduled from May 18, 2017, to May 22, 2017.
Step to Register Options are mentioned below
- Go to the official website www.cusat.nic.in
- Candidates should log into their account using his/her username and password.
- Click on the link “Option Registration” in the candidate’s home page and proceed. For candidates who will be eligible for different programmes, there will be separate links for each programme. In such cases, option must be submitted one after another for each programme.
- From the available list of options on the left side, a candidate can add as many options as required to the “selected options box” on the right side. For this the candidate should first select the option he/she wishes to choose and then click the Add button.
- The order of the selected options can be changed using the Move Up or Move Down button. Selected options can be removed using the Remove button.
- After completing the process, click Submit button. Preview of the options chosen by the candidate will be displayed on the screen in order of candidates’ preference.
- Click on Back button to go back to the previous page to make any changes or Click on Confirm button to complete the option registration procedure
- After concluding their options, candidates should take a printout of their options.
Note: No changes will be permitted after the last date of option registration under any circumstances.
Step 2: Registration at the venue and Allotment of the Seats
All candidates are required to register themselves at the venue of CUSAT PG Counselling. After the registration, Candidates will be allotted seats as per the Rank List, their performance in the entrance test and the options they have filled in.
Allotment of Seats will be done in two rounds:
- First Round Seat allotment: First Round of Seat Allotment will be held on May 24, 2017. All the applicants who will be allotted the seat will have to make the payment through the online facility “SBI Collect” on or before May 28, 2017, 11 pm. If a candidate fails to make the payment before the deadline, he/she will forfeit the allotted seat.
- Second Round Seat allotment: Second Round of Seat Allotment will be held on May 30, 2017. All the applicants who will be allotted the seat in this round will have to make the payment through the online facility “SBI Collect” on or before June 02, 2017, 11 pm. If a candidate fails to make the payment before the deadline, he/she will forfeit the allotted seat.
Note: If any candidate does not reach the counselling venue as per the time and ranks offered to them, then he/she will not be considered for the subsequent rounds of counselling.
Step 3: Admission and Document Verification
After the payment of the fees, the applicants will have to report at their allotted institute within the specified time(June 07 to June 08, 2017, 10 am to 4 pm) along with the original documents of the applicant for verification. The fee as prescribed by the University concerned to the course will have to be submitted by the candidate at the time of taking admission in the college.
Admission will be confirmed only after all the documents are successfully verified.
Documents to be Brought during Counselling
Candidates will have to report at his/her Institution concerned for admission with the following documents, they must carry 2 sets of photocopies of all the following original documents,
- S.S.L.C/Class Xth Marks Sheet & Pass Certificate (CBSE, ICSE etc.)
- Migration Certificate (for candidates from Universities outside Kerala)
- Class XIIth Marks Sheet/pass certificate (CBSE, ICSE, etc.)
- Your passport size photographs
- E-Admit Card of CUSAT CAT 2017
- CUSAT CAT 2017 Application registration confirmation page
- Domicile certificate to prove Keralite status
- Character/Conduct Certificate from the school/Institution last attended (in English)
- Transfer Certificate from the school/Institution last attended (in English)
- Community certificate issued by Tahasildar for claiming admission under Kerala
- Community Certificate and Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (issued by the competent authority for ‘SEBC’ candidates belonging to the state of Kerala). This is for the candidates who claim communal reservation while filling the application form.
- Sports Certificate issued by Kerala State Sports Council (for claiming admission under sports quota).
- OEC certificate (issued by competent revenue authority for candidates claiming OEC status for fee concession).
- Certificate to prove Scheduled Caste (KSC)/Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) category
- Physically Handicapped certificate (for PHC category students)
CUSAT PG Counselling 2017: Seat Matrix
For Professional Programme
|Kerala Scheduled Castes(KSC)||8%|
|Kerala Scheduled Tribes (KST)||2%|
|Ezhava /Thiyya / Billava (ETB)||9%|
|Other Backward Hindus (OBH)||3%|
|Latin Catholic and Anglo-Indians (LCC)||3%|
|Other Backward Christian (OBX)||1%|
|Pot Making Castes (PMC)||1%|
For Non-Professional Programme
|Kerala Scheduled Castes (KSC)/ Scheduled Tribes (KST)||20%|
|Ezhava /Thiyya / Billava (ETB)||8%|
|Latin Catholic and Anglo-Indians (LCC)/SIUC||1%|
|Other Backward Hindu (OBH)||1%|
|Economically Backward Class among Forward (BGN)(Supernumerary||7.50%|
CUSAT PG 2017 Reservation
Physically Challenged: One seat is reserved for Physically Challenged Candidate in each of PG programmes except M.Sc.(Industrial Fisheries)
Blind: Reservation for Blind candidates is applicable only for MA (Hindi) and LLM programmes.
Note: Candidates belonging to states other than Kerala are not eligible will be considered in General Category.