Union Public Service Commission has officially released notification for the permanent post of Eight Civilian Assistant Security Officer(CASO) in the Army Headquarters & DGQA under Department of Defense. The last date to apply online is on or before December 15, 2016. The selection of the CASO will be done based on the interview conducted by UPSC.
CASO duty includes:
- Look after the Security.
- Fire Fighting and attending to legal matters in the Army and DGQA installations
- Maintenance of Internal Vigilance and gather Intelligence information.
- To take countermeasures against security checks
- To render legal advice in civilian matters
- Educate Staff about Security Consciousness and use of Firefighting equipment.
There are eight vacancies, 2 for ST, 1 SC, and 5 for UR. CASO posts are also suitable for Differently Abled Persons with disability viz. Orthopedically Handicapped/Locomotor Disability/Cerebral Palsy. One post out of eight is reserved for One leg affected (Right or Left) (OL) or One arm affected (Right or Left) (OA).
UPSC Recruitment 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for Civilian Assistant Security Officer must have a graduation degree from a recognized University.
A candidate must have at least three years’ professional experience in Security and Fire Fighting duties.
The upper age limit for the applicants is 30 years. The age limit shall be the prescribed closing date for the submission of the online Application.
Reservation & Relaxation
There is a relaxation of 5 years applicable to SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC candidates. For more information on Age Relaxation, applicants can refer to the notification. Out of 8 vacancies in CASO, 2 are reserved for Schedule Tribe, 1 for Schedule Caste, 5 for Upper Class. 1 post is also reserved for an applicant with One leg affected (Right or Left) (OL) or One arm affected (Right or Left) (OA).
How to Apply for UPSC Recruitment 2017?
A candidate who wish to apply for the post of Civilian Assistant Security Officer should follow the application procedure mentioned below:
- Visit the official website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on the recruitment button and fill in the ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION (ORA).
- Enter all the details asked in the ORA such as name, parent’s name, date of birth, correspondence address, academic qualifications, email address, mobile number, etc.
- Provide your correct and functional email address as all correspondence will be made by the UPSC through email only.
- Candidates must also upload the following documents/certificates as claimed in the ORA, in a single pdf format file. Candidate should keep a check that file size should not exceed 2MB, and the file is legible when the printout is taken. Candidates are recommended to take the scan of the documents/certificates in 200 dpi grey scale.
Documents required to be scanned are:
- Class 10th or equivalent certificate indicating the date of birth, or mark sheet of Class 10th or equivalent issued by Central/State Board indicating Date of Birth in support of the claim of age.
- Degree/Diploma certificate as proof of educational qualification claimed in the ORA. In the absence of Degree/Diploma certificate, a provisional certificate issued by the university along with mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years.
- If any other type of qqualifications is claimed by a candidate as per requirement of the notification, order/letter in respect of that claim, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications.
- Certificate(s) in the proforma (prescribed by UPSC) from the Head(s) of Organization(s)/Department(s) for the entire work experience claimed in the ORA, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month & year) indicating the basic pay and consolidated pay. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s). Experience Certificate should be issued in the prescribed format relevant to the post.
- Caste certificate by candidate seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC, in the proforma (prescribed by UPSC) from the competent authority indicating clearly the candidate’s Caste, proforma should also mention the Act/Order under which the Caste is recognized as SC/ST/OBC and the village/town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of.
- A declaration by the candidate seeking reservation as OBC, that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer, in addition to the community certificate (OBC) in the UPSC prescribed format.
- Physically Handicapped certificate in the proforma (prescribed by UPSC) issued by the Competent Authority. The Competent Authority to issue Physically Handicapped certificate shall be a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or a State Government.
- Documentary support for any other claim(s) made.
- After completion of the ORA and uploading of the documents, applicant have to pay Application Fee either through net banking of the SBI or by using master/visa debit/credit card or through by remitting the money in any branch of the SBI. Applications fee is IN 2 for General and OBC male candidates, No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women candidates.
- Submit the ORA
- Candidate should take a printout of the submitted ORA for future references, they are not required to send the application by post/hand to UPSC.
UPSC Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Candidates who have applied for Civilian Assistant Security Officer(CASO) will undergo an Interview conducted by the UPSC. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the information provided by them in the ORA. Candidate should ensure that the information filled by them is true, if found otherwise in later stages his/her candidature will be rejected and he/she will be permanently DEBARRED from the UPSC.
Basic Salary INR 9300-34800 + Grade Pay of Rs.4600 + T. A. + HRA as applicable
UPSC Recruitment 2017Important Instructions
Here are some of the Important instructions for the candidates applying for the post of the CASO:
- Candidate should provide correct and functional email address as all correspondence will be made by the UPSC through email only.
- Keep the printout of the Application form safely, it is required at the time of interview.
- Candidates are required to send self-attested copies of the documents/certificates in support of the claim made in ORA if summoned by the UPSC.
- The age limit shall be the calculated on the prescribed closing date for the submission of the online Application.
- Mobile phones are banned on the campus of UPSC Interview room.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to produce all original certificates at the time of the interview
- Candidates must if selected be ready to undergo Medical examination and satisfy such Medical authority as Government may require.