IBPS decides the eligibility criteria for the post of Clerk. The institute has elaborated different eligibility conditions as per the nationality selected by candidate. Here is a brief of the Eligibility Criteria for candidates appearing in IBPS Clerk 2017.
- The exam comprises of two stages- Preliminary and Mains.
- Application Form for IBPS Clerk can only be filled online at its official website i.e. ibps.in.
- Preliminary examination will be conducted from November 26, 2017 to December 4, 2017.
- Shortlisted candidates will appear for IBPS Clerk Mains exam on December 31, 2017 and January 1, 2018.
- Candidates must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a University recognized by Government of India.
- Candidate must know to speak, read and write the language of the particular state that they are applying for.
- Minimum age requirement for IBPS Clerk 2017 is 20 years.
- Candidate born later than August 1, 1996 will not be considered eligible.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Eligibility as per Educational Qualification
- IBPS Clerk Degree Eligibility: In order to pass IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria 2017, a candidate should have a degree (Graduation) in any discipline from Government of India recognised college/ university, as on 12/09/2017. Candidates having any equivalent qualification that is recognized by Central Government are also eligible to apply.
- Other Requirements: Computer Literacy is a must. Candidate must possess operating as well as working knowledge of Computer System. For this, candidates should have followed -
(a) Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate in Computer Operations/ Language
(b) Should have studied Computer/ Information Technology as one of the subjects in High School/ Institute/ College.
- Proficiency in Local Language: Candidates should also be proficient in the language of the state from which they are applying. This means that the candidates should know how to read, write and speak the official language of the state of union territory from which they are applying.
- In cases where the college/ university provides CGPA or OGPA, candidates need to convert the same into the percentage, up to 2 places of decimal and accordingly fill it in the application form.
- The selected candidates are also required to produce a certificate, mentioning the university norms for the grade to percentage conversion as well as the percentage of marks that the student has secured, and it should be signed by an appropriate authority.
- For candidates from colleges/ universities where web certificate is released or the result is published online, then candidates must produce a relevant document, signed by the appropriate authority, in original, with clear mention of candidate’s date of passing.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Eligibility as per Age Limit
- Age is another factor which affects the eligibility of a candidate.
- To apply for IBPS Clerk 2017, candidate must be at least 20 years and maximum age limit is 28 years.
- Although IBPS Clerk notification has laid down the limitations pertaining to age, there are relaxations for certain section of people.
- Follow the table given below to know about relaxations for IBPS Clerk:
Relaxation of Upper Age limit
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes||3 years|
|Persons With Disability||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the Defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
A candidate must be either of the following:
- An Indian National or can be a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee who have settled in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has originally migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
- Candidate belonging to countries other than India must present an eligibility certificate issued by authorities recommended by Government of India.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Exam Dates
IBPS has announced the dates of prelims and mains exam of IBPS Clerk 2017. The list of important events along with their dates is given in the table below:
|Commencement of IBPS Clerk 2017 Registration||September 12, 2017|
|Last date to Register||October 03, 2017|
|Issuance of admit card for Prelims ||November 2017|
|IBPS Clerk 2017 Prelims||December 02, 03, 09 & 10, 2017|
|Declaration of Prelims Result||December 2017|
|Issuance of admit card for Mains||January 2018|
|IBPS Clerk 2017 Mains||January 21, 2018|
|Provisional Allottment ||April 2018|