KVPY 2017 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE/OFFLINE TEST
KVPY(Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) is conducted for candidates seeking admission in the undergraduate basic science courses of various programmes such as B.Sc., B.S, B.Stat, B.Math, Integrated M.Sc. and postgraduate M.S in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Administrated by IISc, Bangalore, KVPY is scheduled to be conducted on November 6, 2017. The conducting body of the ace examination has released the admit cards on their official website. The Candidates can download the KVPY Admit card providing the required information at the official website.
Conducted at National Level, KVPY is one of the most sought after entrance exam in the country.Considered to be set for the best young minds of the nations, KVPY has a popularity of very low success ratio in terms of registered candidates & the shortlisted candidates. The KVPY Result after the successful conduction of the exam will be declared in the month of December, 2017.
The candidates who submit the completely filled KVPY Application form in time can remit the fee by September 06, 2017. The candidates must keep themselves updated by checking the KVPY Exam Dates given in the table below:
|KVPY Admit card||October 17, 2017|
|KVPY Exam date||November 06, 2017|
|KVPY 2017 Result Declaration||December 2017|
The KVPY Admit card has been released on the official website. KVPY will not send the admit card via email or courier. All the applicants are requested to follow the steps mentioned below to download the KVPY 2017 Admit Card.
1. Visit the KVPY official website i.e. kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
2. Enter KVPY 2017 Application number.
3. Enter the date of birth.
4. Click on the link “Admit Card”.
5. KVPY Admit card will be downloaded.
6. Obtain the print out for future references.
The Admit card for KVPY 2017 is an important document for appearing in the examination. Candidates should carefully verify all the details on the KVPY 2017 Admit Card. The following details are mentioned on the KVPY Admit Card.
1. Candidate's Name
2. Candidate’s Gender & Category
3. Candidate's Roll Number & Registration Number
4. Examination Date, Timing & Venue
5. Candidate’s Signature & Photograph
Since the KVPY Admit Card authorises the candidate’s identity at the KVPY Exam Centres, it is necessary that the information provided in the admit card is accurate and correct. The Photograph should be clearly visible and the information provided should match the data entered during KVPY Registration. In case, there is any discrepancy in the KVPY 2017 Admit Card, candidates should report at the Conducting body to rectify the errors mentioned at the earliest.
KVPY Contact details
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore - 560 012
Fax: (080) 2360 1215
Helpdesk Phone Number: 080-22932975/76, 080-23601008 & 080-22933536
IISc Bangalore expects the candidates to follow certain codes and ethics during KVPY Exam. Candidate are required to follow the mentioned points at the KVPY Test Centres. Failing which, the candidature of the applicant is liable to be cancelled. And in some cases, candidates could be barred from appearing KVPY Entrance Examination thereafter.
1. Paste the recent colored photograph on the allotted space in the admit card after taking a printout of the application form. (Do not staple the photograph in the admit card)
2. Candidates must ensure that the KVPY 2017 Admit card is not mutilated or damaged at the time of appearing for the examination.
3. The photocopy of the application form should be stapled to the KVPY Admit Card. Candidates should mention their name, roll number, registration number and signature on the photocopy of the ID proof.
4. The details on the photo id proof should match the details as mentioned in the online application form.
5. KVPY would not entertain any request for change of date, time and venue for online examination under any circumstances.
6. In a case of any administrative issues or technical glitches, the ever possible attempt would be made by KVPY 2017 to rectify the problem such as moving candidates to another nearby centre, delay in the examination, etc. The possibility for re-conducting the test is at the sole discretion of KVPY.
7. Candidates must carefully check that the signatures affixed on all places in his/her admit card, attendance sheet, etc. and in all other official communications should be identical and without any variation.
8. Anyone carrying prohibited objects such as bits of papers, Geometry / Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Scale, Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, etc. would be debarred from appearing for the examination.
9. Candidates would be disqualified from the examination and subsequent processes in case of any false impersonation or adopting any unfair means or misconduct during the examination.
The KVPY Aptitude Test will be conducted in the computer based online mode. Candidates of the SA Stream will be required to solve a total of 80 questions in the aptitude test while candidates of the SB/SX Stream will face a total of 120 questions. There is no KVPY Syllabus endorsed for the written KVPY Exam and the questions are mostly meant to evaluate the understanding and analytical ability of candidates as opposed to their actual knowledge/information. Candidates ought to, however, have a grip on each and every topic of the Class X/XII/First Year Syllabus of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat. /Int. M.Sc./M.S. as applicable.
The KVPY Result will be declared in the end of December 2017. After the declaration of KVPY Result 2017 for Aptitude test, the shortlisted applicants will be called for the interview. Post Interview, a final merit list will be prepared considering all the levels of KVPY Selection Process and candidates who meet the cut will be invited for the upcoming academic session.
KVPY 2018 Results will be declared in the first we ...
KVPY 2018 Application Form will be available from ...