The State bank of India Probationary Officer entrance is carried out for recruiting people for the designation of Probationary Officer. The exam is held in two rounds: Preliminary and Main. Candidates will be qualified for appearing in the main exam once they successfully qualify the Preliminary round.
As per the official notification issued by the bank on February 6, 2017, Result of SBI PO Prelims 2017 is scheduled to be declared on May 17, 2017. The result will be declared only on online mode at www.sbi.co.in . The candidates who have appeared for the SBI PO Preliminary exam on April 29, 30 and May 6, 7 2017 can check their result from the above mentioned website by entering their roll number and date of birth.
The cut off marks will be determined by the official authority of SBI PO and will be published along with the result. The qualifying number of the candidates will be around 20 times that of the available vacancy. The SBI PO Main Exam will be held on June 4, 2017 after the declaration of SBI PO Preliminary result.
|SBI PO Preliminary Exam||April 29 and 30; May 6 & 7|
|SBI PO Preliminary Result||May 17|
|SBI PO Main exam||June 4|
How to check SBI PO Prelims Result
Candidates who appeared for SBI PO 2017 can check their result by following the below steps:
Step 1: Visit their official website www.sbi.co.in.
Step 2: You will find a link stating SBI PO Preliminary result.
Step 3: Enter your registration number or roll number, Date of Birth and a Captcha security code.
Step 4: Lastly, click on the submit button and the result will become visible on your computer screen.
In case any candidate put the wrong information about the candidate then the candidate can click the ‘reset’ button to re-enter the correct information.
Details mentioned in SBI PO Score Card
The SBI PO Score card includes the SBI PO Mains and Interview Cut offs. Other details mentioned in the SBI PO Score Card are as follows:
- 5 columns mentioning ‘Sl. No.’, ‘Subject’, ‘Total Marks’, ‘Minimum Qualifying Marks’, ‘Marks Scored by you’.
- The ‘Minimum Qualifying Marks’ portion include the least eligibility marks which the candidates need to score in order to get qualified. The ‘Minimum Qualifying Marks’ is set as per the different category (SC, ST, OBC, Gen, OH, VH).
- The total cut off for GD (Group Discussion) and Interview is summed up in the serial number 10.
- Normalization of the marks of the obtained by the candidate in written test out of the total marks.
- Normalization of the marks of the obtained by the candidate in GD & Interview out of the total marks.
- Then given is the total marks secured by the candidate in written test, GD & Interview and the ‘Total out of 100’.
- Lastly, mentioned is the ‘Total marks secured by the candidate (out of 100)’ is given as per the SC, ST, OBC, Gen, OH, VH category.
Marks Evaluation in SBI PO
The cut offs and marks evaluation of SBI PO is determined on the difficulty level, exam pattern, the ‘good attempts’ and the ‘cut offs’. The factors are further elaborated below:
- Exam Pattern: The time allotted to the candidate for completing the exam is one hour. Out of the three sections there were 30 questions from English Language portions and 35 questions from the other two sections namely: Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning Ability.
- The Difficulty Level on the whole: The difficulty level on the whole was easy to modest. Thus, it is expected that the cut off this year will be quite high. Speaking about the sectional difficulty it was over again easy to modest.
- Good Attempt: If a candidate can attempt 13-16 questions accurately in the English Language portion then it will be considered as a good attempt. 19-22 correct try of questions from the Reasoning Ability and 21-23 correct attempts from the Quantitative aptitude will be granted as a good attempt.
- Cut Offs: The candidates who appeared for SBI PO Preliminary entrance has to qualify both the overall and section-wise cut off. As per the previous cut offs , the paper pattern of 2017 and the overall difficulty level taken into account it is predicted the cut off will seem like the following:
SBI PO Prelims Cut Off 2017
The cut off marks list is released individually for different communities and the category to which the candidate belongs also determines his/her cut off marks. The factors that determine the SBI PO Preliminary Cut off 2017 are the following:
- The number of candidates that have appeared for the SBI PO Preliminary 2017. The presence of the candidates larger than the number of available vacancy makes the cut off level higher. Whereas, the cut off level is low when the number of appeared candidates remain less or equal than the vacancy.
- The number of vacant seats available. Generally, the exact number of the candidates applying for the exam and the candidates appearing for the exam are not same. It is also taken into consideration when determining the cut off.
- The previous year cut off list of SBI PO. With taking into account the previous year’s cut off list the examination authority will be making an equal or higher cut off list than the previous one.
- The difficulty level of the examination. If the examination paper is hard then the bank gives a fair chance to the candidates to crack the entrance by lowering the cut offs.
- The marking strategy that the bank will be opting. In case the bank decides to do negative marking then the cut off will be low.
- Constitutional Affirmative Actions. It is seldom seen that the constitutional affirmative functions arising in the country affects the cu off list.
- The SBI PO Preliminary Cut Off 2017 will be available online after the declaration of the result at their official website www.sbi.co.in. The SBI PO Preliminary cut off will decides that whether the candidate is qualified for the next step of the recruitment procedure or not.
Expected section-wise Cut Off of SBI PO Preliminary 2017
Expected category-wise Cut Off of SBI PO Preliminary 2017
|Category||Cut Off (Out of 100)|
SBI PO Mains 2017
Once the cut off list for SBI PO Preliminary 2017 is declared by SBI, the candidates who qualify the cut off list are permitted to sit for the SBI PO 2017 Main. The paper pattern of the main examination is very much different from that of the SBI PO Preliminary examination.
- The SBI PO 2017 main examination will be divided into two parts: Objective part and Descriptive part. The Objective Part consists of 200 marks whereas the Descriptive Part will be of only 50 marks.
- The Descriptive Part is basically a test of English Language. This part usually includes the Letter writing and Essay Type Questions.
- The time that will be allotted for the Objective part is 3 hours. On the other hand the time duration for the Descriptive Part is 30 minutes.
The bank authority will declared the main results at their official web address. The aspirants can check out their main result by entering roll number. The SBI PO Main 2017 cut off list will further determine the candidates who will be qualified for the next recruitment procedure, i.e, Group Discussion.