Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will soon release the official dates for SSC Stenographer 2018. The exam is conducted for Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’ Non- Gazetted) & Stenographers Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’ Non- Gazetted).
- SSC Stenographer 2018 Application Form will be available in online mode from June 2018 onwards.
- 12th standard pass or equivalent from a recognized board of university is mandatory to apply for SSC Stenogarpher. Check SSC Stenographer Eligibility
- Candidates who register successfully will appear for SSC Stenographer 2018 in August.
- The exam will be conducted in online mode, which will be divided amongst 3 sections (General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, English Language and Comprehension). Check SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
- Candidates who appear for the exam can check SSC Stenographer Result from October 2018 onwards.
- It will release at the official website i.e. ssc.nic.in. Shortlisted students will then proceed towards the subsequent selection rounds.
Highlights of SSC Stenographer 2018
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Stenographer|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Type||National Level Test|
|Exam Date||August 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have cleared 10+2 board from a recognized university|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Written Exam and Skill Test|
|Duration||Written Test: 2 hours|
Skill Test: 10 minutes
SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Dates
SSC Stenographer 2018 exam dates have not been announced yet. However, the application forms are expected to be out in the first week of June 2018. The tentative schedule for SSC Stenographer 2018 is given below:
|Submission of online application form Starts||June 2018|
|Cut-off date for making application online/offline||July 2018|
|Admit Card will be issued||August 2018|
|Examination date||August 2018|
|Result declaration||October 2018|
|Skill Test||December 2018|
|Final result||March 2019|
All the above-mentioned dates are tentative. Actual dates will be updated after release of official notification.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Eligibility
Candidates, who are fulfilling the minimum basic eligibility criteria and having required skills in stenography, can apply for SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D Exam. The required SSC Stenographer 2018 Eligibility Criteria are as below:
- First of all, Candidates should be an Indian citizen or a subject to Bhutan or Nepal or Tibetan/ Burma /Sri Lanka/ Pakistan/East African Countries, who relocate to India with the intension of permanently settling in India before January 01, 1962.
- Candidate age must be between 18-27yrs as on August 01, 2018. Date of birth mentioned in the High School (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be taken into consideration for age count. Candidates, who are belonging to reserved categories, will benefit age relaxation as per the Government’s Rule and Regulations.
- Candidates must have completed their 12th class exam or its equivalent degree from a recognized institute/ board/university.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Application Form
SSC Stenographer 2018 Application form will be available via Online mode. Candidates, who are looking forward to apply for the SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C and D examination, need to register at the official website. Candidates can go through the step by step process in this regard:
- Go to the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the Registration Part Section.
- After that, fill OTR (One Time Registration) Form.
- Enter the required credentails i.e. personal, professional, and basic information in the form.
- Candidates need to upload the latest scanned photo, their signature as well as the certificate in the form.
- Once the registration gets over, candidates will be provided with the registration ID as well as the password on their phone or else to an email address (as provided by candidates while filling up the form).
- Once the registration is done, then there is no need for OTR form. Candidates can simply sign in and enter the registration address as well as password.
- Then, Candidates are advised to read it carefully and collect complete details.
- Candidates must make sure to fill SSC Stenographer 2018 Application form with complete details along with scanned photo and sign.
- Candidates are required to pay application form fees.
- Before submitting the form, candidates are advised to check all details carefully and then submit the form.
- Candidates must take the print out of the application form for further reference.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Admit Card
- SSC Stenographer 2018 Admit Card will be available by the first week of August 2018.
- All candidates who have successfully applied for SSC Stenographer can download the admit card from the official website.
- SSC Stenographer will not issue any hard copy of the admit card.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without SSC Stenographer 2018 Admit Card. They must carry the admit card with a passport size photograph and ID proof.
Here are the steps to download SSC Stenographer Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of SSC of their zone or region.
- Click on the link ‘SSC Stenographer 2018 Admit Card’
- Login to your application account through your registration number.
- Download and take a print out of SSC Stenographer 2018 Admit Card.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Pattern
SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D Exam will be done in two stages i.e. Written Examination followed by Skill Test/Stenography Test. Written exam will be divided into three parts as namely,
Part 1 - General Intelligence & Reasoning
Part 2 - General Awareness
Part 3 - English Language and Comprehension
- Part 1 and Part 2 will contain 50 questions each while Part 3 will contain 100 questions.
- All questions will be of objective type.
- Altogether there will be 200 questions. Each question will carry 1 mark. CheckSSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Pattern
- There will be negative marking also and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The duration of the written exam will be of 2 hours for all category candidates but for visually handicapped candidates, it is of 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Written test question paper will be set in both Hindi and English language except Part 3.
- Candidates who will qualify the written test will be called for Skill Test/Stenography Test.
- Candidates will have to report at least 30 minutes before the exams or else they will not be allowed to enter the examination hall for both shifts.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Pattern
|Subject Details||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|General Intelligence (Reasoning Questions)||50||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
SSC Stenographer 2018 Skill Test
- The Skill Test/Stenography Test will be organized at various sub-regional offices or to some various other centers.
- Candidates who will be eligible for stenography skill test, will be given one dictation for the time period of 10 minutes in Hindi as well as English at the speed of 100 words per minute.
- This criterion is for stenographer grade ‘C’ posts and for grade ‘D’ it is 80 words per minute.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Syllabus
|General Intelligence (Reasoning Questions)||Verbal and nonverbal type questions, problem- solving analysis, arithmetical reasoning, syllogism, number series, blood relationship concept, visual memory, and much more.|
|General Awareness||Based on important dates of celebration, current events, book’s author name, important sports days, history, general polity, the economy of India, scientific research, economic sense and Indian constitution, current affairs, newspapers etc.|
|English Language and Comprehension||English language, synonyms, antonyms, grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, reading comprehension etc. In the English language sections, writing ability also will be checked.|
SSC Stenographer 2018 Result
- SSC Stenographer 2018 Result will be declared around last week of October 2018 in online mode.
- The result will be declared on the basis of sectional and overall scores.
- Candidates who fail to meet the minimum cut off criteria will be disqualified from the further selection process.
How to check SSC Stenographer 2018 Result?
- Visit the official website of SSC zone or region wise.
- Click on the link for SSC Stenographer 2018 Result.
- Students will need to fill their registration number and password.
- After finishing this process, the result will appear on the screen.
- Students must take a print out for any further reference.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Counselling
The minimum qualifying exam marks for SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D, will be decided by SSC only. Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in written examination. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit list and called for appearing in Skill Test/Stenography Test. Candidates, who qualify the skill test, will be considered for final selection. Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the performance attained in the written examination as well as the typing test.
In case of Tie-breaking
- If candidates get equal marks then the date of a birth certificate will be checked and priority will be given to the older candidates. If tie-breaking still there, then
- Candidates, who secure more marks in written test, will get the preference.