GITAM GAT PGP 2018 exam pattern has been defined by Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) University for the admission year 2018.
- Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM University) conducts GITAM Admission Test PGP, which is an online admission test.
- It is conducted in English medium only with the questions in multiple choice pattern.
- GAT PGP (GAT Post Graduate in Pharmacy) is conducted for the admission of candidates in various Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) Programs conducted by The Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) University at Visakhapatnam Campus.
- For GITAM GAT PGP 2018 exam,the total number of questions is 100 and total marks is 400.
GITAM GAT PGP 2018 exam pattern released by the GITAM University gives the details about the following:
- Marking scheme
- Types of questions in the entrance test
- Total time allotted for the entrance exam
- Sectional weightage
GITAM GAT PGP 2018 Exam pattern in detail
All questions are of the MCQ type (multiple choice questions) with 4 options for each questions and the duration of the GITAM GAT PGP 2018 exam is 2 hours. The below table shows the detailed structure of number of marks and questions for each section and subject.
|Section||Subject||No. of questions||No. of marks|
|B||Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance||25||100|
GITAM GAT PGP 2018 Exam Marking scheme
The total marks for GITAM GAT PGP 2018 Exam is 400 marks. Negative marking system is there for GITAM GAT PGP 2018. The below scheme is used for marking in the GITAM GAT PGP 2018 exam.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks.
- Each wrong answer will result in deduction of 1 mark.
- Each unanswered questions will receive no marks.
GITAM GAT PGP 2018 Exam syllabus
The detailed chapter-wise syllabus for GITAM GAT PGP 2018 can be found below:
- Section A: PHARMACEUTICS
- Physical Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- Biological Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics and their importance in formulation
- Section B: PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Fundamental of pharmaceutical analysis, Theoretical consideration, application in drug analysis
- Chromatographic methods of pharmaceutical analysis
- Instrumental methods of pharmaceutical analysis
- Quality assurance
- Section C: PHARMACOLOGY
- Pathophysiology of common diseases; Basic Principles of Cell Injury and Adaptations:
- Fundamentals of general pharmacology
- Pharmacology of Peripheral Nervous System
- Pharmacology of Central Nervous System
- Pharmacology of Cardiovascular System
- Drugs Acting on the Hemopoietic System
- Drugs acting on urinary system
- Drugs Acting on the Respiratory System
- Drugs acting on the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Pharmacology of Endocrine System
- Principles of Toxicology
- Section D: PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY
- Pharmaceutical inorganic chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry