BLAT is an All India entrance test for admission to the integrated five-year B. A. L. L. B (Hons.) course, offered by Faculty of Law (Banaras Hindu University). BHU offers admission to around 60 seats of BA LLB programme through Undergraduate Test 2017. BHU Law Admission Test is conducted in offline mode in as many as 8 cities of India. Candidates seeking admission to five-year integrated law programmes can know all about BLAT 2017 including eligibility criteria, application form, events, and dates.
The University sets eligibility criteria for BLAT 2017 which mentions minimum qualification required for applying for the BA LLB admission test of BHU. BLAT Eligibility conditions 2017 also specify minimum qualifying marks and age required for the applications.
BLAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
To avoid cancellation of the candidature in the later admission rounds, the candidates must check the eligibility criteria of BLAT 2017. Also, it must be noted that the application fee is non-refundable. The BLAT eligibility criteria 2017 are as follows –
- The applicant must have cleared class XII exam from any recognized Board or University to fulfill the eligibility criteria of BLAT.
- The applicants belonging to General category must have passed the qualifying exam with a minimum of 50 per cent marks as the eligibility criteria.
- Similarly, in the case of applicants belonging to OBC category, a minimum of 45 per cent marks is required and 40 per cent in case of SC or ST categories as the eligibility criteria.
- The applicants who are going to appear for the class XII exam can also apply, provided they fulfill all the eligibility criteria while attending the counseling process for BLAT.
- The applicant’s age should be less than 22 years for appearing for BLAT 2017 exam.
- Those who have already done bachelor's degree and are applying for BLAT for other courses should be less than 25 years.
As per the new guidelines of Bar Council of India (BCI), candidates seeking admissions to five-year LLB programmes need not be more than 20 years of age if belonging to general category and, in a case of reserved categories upper age limit is 22 years.
Note: Candidates passing 10+2 level qualifying or equivalent through Open Universities system directly (without any basic schooling) are not eligible for admissions to five-year integrated law programmes
BLAT 2017 Course-wise Eligibility
The candidates must be qualified and eligible enough to appear in the admission to the Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University. The minimum requirements to appear in the BHU UET Law Entrance 2017 is given below:
Minimum Eligibility for B. A L. L. B. (Hons.)
- Applicants who have successfully completed/ is appearing Senior Secondary School Class 12 or equivalent are eligible to apply.
- The candidate should have passed from a recognized university of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the Government of that country.
- The candidate should not have secured less than 50 % of total marks in case of General category. (45 % in case of OBCs and 40 % in case of SCs & STs applicant.)
- Candidates who have completed their education of class 11 and 12 via open universities (without any basic qualification supporting the higher studies will not be eligible for the admissions).
Age Criteria: Candidate should be born on or after July 1, 1997 (for General) and must be born on or after July 1, 1995 (for SC/ST candidates).
Minimum Eligibility for LL. B. (Hons.)
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in B. A./ B. Sc./ B. Com./ Shastri (at least 10 + 2 + 3 pattern) securing a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate considering all the subjects in the 3 years except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final (degree) mark sheet.
- Candidate can also have any other degree under at least 10 + 2 + 3 patterns recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of admission to LL. B. Course.
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 50 % marks in the aggregate considering all the subjects in the 3 years.
- For SC/ST candidates, there will be no minimum aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examination except that they must have passed the qualifying examination.
- For OBC and PC candidates, there will be a relaxation of 5 % marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Directive of Bar Council of India – As per directive of the Bar Council of India, the candidates acquiring High School / Secondary or Intermediate / Senior Secondary level (10 + 2) through the distance education or external mode will not be considered eligible for admission in LL. B
Age Criteria: Not to be more than 30 years on July 1, 2017 (applicant should be born on or after July 1, 1987).
BLAT 2017 Application form
The application process has started and the last date to apply is March 04, 2017. The entrance test is scheduled to be held on May 14, 2017. To apply, first, the candidates must register and then after registration, log in and start filling in the application form. It must be noted that the candidates must submit the completed application form before the deadline. Also, while filling in the application form, the candidates must make sure that they correctly enter all the required details.